LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Positions You Sleep In

I am a person who sleeps on my side, both left and right. I'm also a guy. When I wear diapers to bed, I don't bedwet per sey, I always wake up when I have to pee. I roll over on my back and wet my diaper, then try and go back to sleep. I can't sleep when laying on my back so I have to lay on my side. Even sometimes when laying on my back, if things aren't in just the right place I may wet and it runs towards one side or another of my diaper in the crotch and I get some little leaking sometimes.

My big questions for everyone who wears diapers to bed are as follows:

1. Do you lay on your back, sides or stomach when you sleep?

2. Do you wake up when you have to pee and just pee in your diaper in whatever position you are laying in, or do you change your position so as to better wet your diaper without it leaking?

3. If you bedwet and don't wake up when you have to go, do you leak or do you sleep in any special position that helps avoid diaper leaks?

4. What brand or type of diaper do you wear to help avoid leaking, especially if you sleep on your side?

5. Is there anything special you do with your night diapers to help prevent leaking, such as a special way you put them on or the use of plastic pants over disposable?

6. Has anyone found a particular diaper or brand of diaper that works best for someone who sleeps on their side to minimize leaking?

I don't wear diapers to bed very often, but sometimes when I do I do wet them a lot and sometimes they do leak a little. I often use booster pads inside, but even when my diaper isn't even close to capacity I leak a little around one of the legs. I do use disposables with elastic leg gatherers, often with plastic pants over them and when I wake up to pee, I don't flood my diaper but I usually let it out slowly so my diaper will have time to absorbe everything. It may be that laying on my back when I pee, the pee backs up due to my "nuts" damming up the crotch and causing the pee to work it's way down the sides instead of down the middle. All this is when I'm awake, mind you! What happens to those who wet in their sleep without waking up? Add that they may be sleeping on their sides and may pee all at once and not just slowly. How in the world do those people keep their beds dry without their diapers leaking at the sides or legs? Thats what I'm interested in hearing about from those of you who regularly sleep in diapers.

I having been wearing a diaper to bed every night for the past three years due to me starting to wet the bed. I sleep on my side mostly and until I converted to cloth diapers and plastic pants I would leak most nights no matter what brand of disposable I used (have tried them all). I converted to cloth a year ago and have leaked maybe 5 times since. The cloth diapers just wick the pee better so the entire diaper is wet when I wake up but my bed is dry. My wife prefers it that way.

I wear Abena x plus at night with plastic pants and sometimes i roll over on to my back when i pee and sometimes not.I don't wake up enough to control the flow. I wear Salk plastic pants and so far i haven't had any leaks, the most i have had is some dampness around the legs but thats it. These pants were recommended to me by a women who worked in a home medical store near my home.She said they would minimize leaks no matter what position i slept in and so far so good. I don't know wich brand you wear but switching to another brand might help.

Usually fall asleep on my back but if i wake it can be in any position.

2. Do you wake up when you have to pee and just pee in your diaper in whatever position you are laying in, or do you change your position so as to better wet your diaper without it leaking?

Always wake pee in my diaper then fall back to sleep.

3. If you bedwet and don't wake up when you have to go, do you leak or do you sleep in any special position that helps avoid diaper leaks?

Not a bed wetter, but if i sleep on my back i don't usually get any leaks.

4. What brand or type of diaper do you wear to help avoid leaking, especially if you sleep on your side?

I wear Tena Maxi Plus and very few leaks

5. Is there anything special you do with your night diapers to help prevent leaking, such as a special way you put them on or the use of plastic pants over disposable?

I always wear plastic pants over my disposables when sleeping just in case.

6. Has anyone found a particular diaper or brand of diaper that works best for someone who sleeps on their side to minimize leaking?

None in particular

Hope it helps.

I sleep in my side androll on my back to wet. Always use boosters, silly! I've never had a problem with leaking wet. I guess use the toilet before going to bed? Empty the bladder before going to bed because it sounds to me like you are flooding in bed which is a horrible idea. Small wettings are better than full on floodings. This is also why its easier to mess in bed than wet as the mess isn't fluid and doesn't leak everywhere like pee can (and does). Unless you have diarrhea, though.

• Like 1
Guest Baby Tiana

I'm a stomach sleeper, but I usually when I wake up I am on my side or back. I haven't ever leaked while being on my side... you just need a good diaper and know how to put it on well enough so it doesn't leak. I've learned a lot from other people.... so maybe get on you tube? lol. Silly I know, but watching how they put theirs on is a great way to try and maybe see if it keeps from leaking?

As a child when I needed a diaper for a trip or special event, Mom always pinned my gauze diaper and used pull-on Gerber vinyl panties. I never worried about my sleep position.

At puberty I reverted to bedwetting, so Mom taught me how to pin on my own gauze diapers and cover them with Gerber vinyl panties.

Finally at 17 I was accepted at a university for pre-law. Those dorms lacked coin washing machines so I had to transition to Attends disposables in 1981. Right away I realized I would need to concentrate on sleeping on my back.

In 1991 when I fell in love with Don Davis, life got better. Don had a lovely house with a washer and a dryer! I have been wearing pinned gauze diapers to bed since then. I can sleep in any position without leak worry.

I sleep on my back with my head elevated. After the surgery when I was 6, they had to keep my head elevated to make sure my shunt was draining properly, since then, I have not been able to sleep flat.

I also almost always sleep with my binky, however a few nights ago I had to go without at my friend's house. He said I didn't snore as usual. Which was a MAJOR surprise to me. Dunno why.

I mostly sleep on my sides, but sometimes on my back too ;) Stomach = never- that hurts my back :crybaby: Cloth diapers take care of me well no matter wich position I'm sleeping in :D and no matter if I go slow or just let go :whistling: If I go too much leaks usually happen at the waistband, doubly bad if I'm on my back :o

Bettypooh

I go to sleep on my front, but as I have lower back pain I wander all over the shop and can pee in any possition.

When I'm wearing Abriform X-Plus this usually means that I will have a leak if I happen to be on my side.

I wear a pull on cloth nappy over the disposable and then a nice loose pair of plastic pants over everything, this works well, very rare that I have a leak

that wets the bed.

Often I choose to wear a thick cloth nappy and plastic pants and then never have to worry how much I pee or in what possition, the only way I've ever had

a cloth nappy leak is when I've gone to bed in it already wet and totally soaked it through night. :wub:

You would think that after all these years they would make a disposable that would work while side sleeping?

This is where cloth diapers and pull on plastic pants rock! They don't leak no matter how I'm laying, and I often sleep on one side or the other. Mostly I sleep on my tummy though. Never leak, and I'm a very heavy wetter.

I normally sleep on my side, and have had a few leaks with disposables. What I did to avoid that is get a Velcro cloth diaper and plastic pants and wear that over the disposable, which tends to take care of the weeping problem. I never have that problem with cloth only, but have reverted to not wearing cloth diapers without the disposables due to the fact that most nights I mess in my sleep also. I always wore plastic pants over the disposables - even during the day - since due to the SAP particles making minuscule holes in the plastic cover of a disposable, even the best will leak and tell.

• Like 1

Interesting feed on this topic, i use to wonder all the time to about how others slept in diapers at night. I have been wearing diapers to be for awhile now, just over a year. I start on my back and i usually wake up on my side.

When i first started wearing diapers to bed i use to wake up and then wet, however now i do not even wake up when I wet. This morning i woke up soaked, no leaks. The diapers i usually wear to bed are Dry 24/7, Bambino or Abena Xplus. Bambinos have leaked on me, however Dry 24/7 have yet to leak on me, i do not wear plastic pants over the diaper.

Wish you the best of luck....

I sleep in my side androll on my back to wet. Always use boosters, silly! I've never had a problem with leaking wet. I guess use the toilet before going to bed? Empty the bladder before going to bed because it sounds to me like you are flooding in bed which is a horrible idea. Small wettings are better than full on floodings. This is also why its easier to mess in bed than wet as the mess isn't fluid and doesn't leak everywhere like pee can (and does). Unless you have diarrhea, though.

No, I use the toilet before going to bed but I still have to pee a few times a night. No offence, but if you read my original post I stated that I often use boosters and I don't flood my diapers, I let it out slowly so the diaper has time to absorb. I do small wetting.

I do thank people for their ideas. Sleeping on my back is out because of breathing problems I have. I do have some SALK pants that are a bit snug but as I'm losing some weight I may go with them and see what happens. CLoth would work better for me but with my home situation I don't have a way to wash or store wet cloth diapers. I do use better quality disposables with a booster when wearing in bed. It's just that sometimes wetness migrates towards the leg gatherers and has a tendency to leak there. Disposables really don't have any side padding anymore like they did 20 years ago! I guess manufacturers decided they could save money because people don't wet the sides of their diapers! Hmmmmm..... They forgot about the people laying down and sleeping on their sides! Anyway, I only choose to go to bed in a diaper maybe once a month or so, if the mood strikes me so I guess I can live with being more careful when I wake up to pee. Getting up or even getting to my knees when I pee helps. I'll try some things and see what happens.

I can not sleep on my back (unless I'm laying on the couch watching TV, funny thing about that). I generally sleep half on my side and stomach.

If I happen to wake up needing to pee. I will either roll on my back and let go or I will get on my hands and knees to pee. Then go back to sleep

When I wet while sleeping. I usually do not have any leaks. The only leaks I have had while asleep has been out the top front of my diaper. Probably because "things" have ended up "pointing up" :blush:

I have always used cloth diapers with plastic pants at home. If I am staying away from home. I wear a disposable with a pair of terry cloth lined plastic pants.

Nothing special but as all good mothers of baby boys know. Always point the penis down when putting a diaper on. As I mentioned in #4. I used a lined plastic pant over disposables. The terry cloth lining will absorb the wetness that may leak.

This is only my opinion but I don't think you can beat cloth diapers and plastic pants for bedtime. Even infant and toddlers disposables leak at night. Ask any parent that uses disposables.

Good luck with what ever you try and most importantly. Protect your mattress with some sort of waterproof cover. Diaper leaks in bed can and will happen at some point.

Trev

I have recently taken up wearing disposables more often. Have not worn them to bed, unless you count sleeping upright on an airplane. I wear comfortably folded, thick cloth diapers and plastic pants for overnight and rarely leak. When a leak does occur it is usually out the top back. I sleep on my side mostly. From other posts here I have learned to use a cloth pre-fold baby diaper as a "bridge" to transfer wetness from the front to the normally unused back of the diaper. Have found this method allows me to mindlessly flood my disposable when it's dry and not worry about a leak. Still testing the second flooding in this method. Going to try this overnight sometime soon, but I will wear training pants and plastic pants over the disposable, just in case.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

I wear double cloth diapers with a soaker at night because I am a very heavy wetter and Gary plastic pants. The only time I have a leak, which is very seldom, the plastic pants ride up over the lower part of the diaper. If I am careful and make sure the diaper is covered properly by my pants I am fine. I also sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees. I was having back pain and my urologist suggested this. He knew I used cloth diapers and told me it puts a strain on your lower back.

...I guess manufacturers decided they could save money because people don't wet the sides of their diapers! Hmmmmm..... They forgot about the people laying down and sleeping on their sides!

Manufactures reduced the amount of side padding for two reasons -

1 - It costs less in manufacture. Any tiny reduction in cost per unit is multiplied by the thousands that they make and sell = higher profits for less cost. Even premium baby diapers don't have side padding. Manufacturers don't care that a baby/adult diaper leaks if/when the user sleeps on their side, and use the answer that the diaper CAN hold specific quantity of liquid AND that the baby / adult should be changed more often - the more often the better for the manufacturers.

2 - Product is aimed at and designed for the old / infirm who sleep on their back / spend most of their time on their back.

I started wetting at night over two years ago. My solution is to wear diapers and plastic pants to bed.

I am a side sleeper and I too, am worried about leaks. I have tried every large baby diaper as a stuffer with not so good results. While the baby diaper did the job most nights there was still the occasional leaks. Then I found Walgreen's size 6 diapers.

They are the largest baby diaper I have ever used, or at least they seem to be. I have used this diaper for about a year. When I first started using this diaper I would wet after waking, staying on my side, and slowly releasing my pee into the diaper. When finished I would remain on my side feeling for wetness outside my plastic pants. Satisfied there was none, I would drift back to sleep. About two months ago, I would waken to realize I had added more wetness to my diapers after falling back asleep. Then, about a month ago, I began sleeping through the night and waking up very wet.

I have been a DL since I was 13, 58 now and have finally regressed to complete sleep wetting. I wear diapers often during the day and wet them as I need. Now that I'm working away from home, I don't get to wear daytime diapers as much as I would like.

My combination that has been most successful is Tranquility ATNs, Walgreen's size 6 baby diapers and Comco plastic pants.

I start off on my side or stomach. I have worn a thick cloth diaper & plastic pants. I have also worn a thick cloth diaper with a L or XL disposable diaper over it. I have worn disposable diaper with baby diaper stuffers(disp or cloth) then a cloth diaper & plastic pants over that.:smiley-baby-boy:

I wear either dry 24/7 or bambinos to bed every night, but I also have a homemade cloth diaper bloomer over the disposable. The bloomer is made out of a bamboo type cloth with a zorb center. Of course I also have bloomer plastic pants over it as well. The bloomer was made by my daddy. I move all around in my sleep so I wet on my back, stomach and sides in my sleep.

From reading this post, I have found a combination that eliminates leaks and uses the benefits of both cloth and disposables. I open up an adult disposable diaper, and place a folded cloth baby diaper (the normal flat terrycloth one) length ways in the disposable. On top of that I place a baby disposable (prepared so that its plastic back is perforated and that the diaper lies flat) on top of the cloth. The baby diaper will get wet, swell and leak into the adult disposable. Because the cloth diaper is folded length ways, wetness will wick in the cloth and evenly wet the adult disposable beneath. This ensures that the each diaper preforms to the maximum, and leaks are rare to non-existent.

This combination is not something one would wear daytime as the bulk would be difficult to hide when wet. For a daytime combination, use the same but leave out the baby disposable.

If the diaper is messy, most of the mess gets on the baby disposable, and not on the cloth. What I am looking for, and I hope is available, is adult sized diaper liners.

Cloth diapers work well at wicking wetness, as opposed to disposables. The single cloth diaper wicks well, and the disposable will almost suck the wetness out of the cloth. Also, cloth is faster at absorbing and wicking wetness than any disposable that I have tried.

I don't involuntarily wet the bed but when I get to wear nappies, I DO generally wet them in bed and sleep wet.

I am almost invariably a side-sleeper.

My preference is to wake up (as little as possible) and wet myself in whatever position I happen to be in. That way, I can drift back off to sleep almost immediately.

I don't sleep in any special position and I don't adopt any special position to use my nappy

I wear terry towelling cloth nappies (diapers) pinned under gary plastic pants. The nappies are folded in the UK 'kite' style. These will very rarely, if at all leak.

I make sure that my plastic pants are big enough to cover ALL of the nappy. I use the 'high back' pants as a thick nappy can leave terry towelling exposed to the bedding at the small of my back (only a problem if I DO lay on my back) but smaller plastic pants can also expose wet nappy to the bedding at the leggings. Size matters.

Cloth, cloth, cloth. I have NEVER found a disposable that has come even close to working for me as a side-sleeper. Even the so-called 'overnight' diapers. I once made the mistake of dreamily urinating in a Depends overnight. I may as well have just peed straight into my bed for all the good the diaper did.

I don't wear diapers to bed very often, but sometimes when I do I do wet them a lot and sometimes they do leak a little. I often use booster pads inside, but even when my diaper isn't even close to capacity I leak a little around one of the legs. I do use disposables with elastic leg gatherers, often with plastic pants over them and when I wake up to pee, I don't flood my diaper but I usually let it out slowly so my diaper will have time to absorbe everything. It may be that laying on my back when I pee, the pee backs up due to my "nuts" damming up the crotch and causing the pee to work it's way down the sides instead of down the middle. All this is when I'm awake, mind you! What happens to those who wet in their sleep without waking up? Add that they may be sleeping on their sides and may pee all at once and not just slowly. How in the world do those people keep their beds dry without their diapers leaking at the sides or legs? Thats what I'm interested in hearing about from those of you who regularly sleep in diapers.

Yes, my experience is that every disposable I've tried leaks either around my thights of just pools in my crotch and pours out one side into the bed. If I wear disposables during the day, they're not nearly so bad (I am upright). My preference when wetting myself is to just 'let go' and not have to worry about getting the bed wet. Having said that, when wearing at night, I will generally pee every time I wake so it's unlikely that my nappy is copping a full bladder load every time.