LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Lie To My Children About Diapers?

diaperboyMKE

Tell the kids?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Tell the kids?

• Tell the kids I need to wear at night for medical reasons, and to please not tell a SOUL since it would embarrass me?
    • continue to hide it from them, and risk having them find out on their own some day by accident?

Let me preface by saying, I have no interest in involving my children in my enjoyment for wearing diapers, but...

I am tired of creeping around the house at night, tip-toeing by their open doors, grasping my diaper to help conceal the crinkle as I walk by!

I have talked to my wife about this, and she is unsure if I should do this or not. But.. with them being 9 and 10, if I explained to them that I have to wear a diaper at night for "medical" reasons, and that they should never bring it up to anyone as it would extremely embarrass me.. I think they would understand and be cool with it, and not bring it up ever again.

It's not that I want to "toddle" around the house in front of them wearing nothing but a diaper! But that I'm tired of worrying about hiding it from them, and I'd hate for them to walk into my bedroom in the morning to see me sleeping on my stomach, having kicked off the covers. I mean they'd be mortified to see their Daddy laying in bed, wearing a DIAPER!

Now.. I don't wear baby print diapers, or get into AB stuff ever, so I only wear plain white Bambino's, so I don't think they'd suspect anything if I told them it was a medical problem.

My biggest concern is lying to my kids. I mean it's kind of a not so nice thing to do, but in the event I get caught some day, I don't think they'd quite understand my private little passion. SO.. to kind of justify my "lie", I could tell myself that I'm lying to them to protect them.

OR, I could just continue to keep it to myself as best possible, and risk getting caught and having to come up with a quick excuse on the spot (we live in a tiny house, so the probability of getting caught eventually is pretty great, especially as they get older.

So, once again, let me say. I have ZERO interest in involving my children.. As a matter of fact, in my ideal world, I would ensure that they would NEVER find out, as it's not really any of their business, BUT, once again, in the REAL world, we live in a small house, and the probability of getting caught, or having one of them "snoop" through my things some day is getting more and more real as they get older.

SOOOO...

a) Concoct a "medical excuse" story, continue to be discreet around them, but never worry about them finding out the wrong way some day...

or

B) Continue to hide it, and risk having to explain myself when the time comes?

EDIT: To further justify plan "a", technically, it IS a medical reason, since a sexual desire to wear diapers triggers chemicals in the brain, and I've had these feelings for a very very long time (since about age 5 actually), so in my eyes, my desire to wear is very natural, and very much "part of me" and my chemical make-up, therefore it is, for all intensive purposes "medical". :-P

DO NOT INVOLVE YOUR CHILDREN IN YOUR FETISH BEHAVIOR>

next thing you know in school they will be having a lesson inappropriate touching etc.. and the teacher will say "and remember if someone tells you to keep something a secret its ok to tell and adult" and then your kid raises his/her hand and decides nows a good time to mention his daddy likes to wear diapers... trust me.. its not going to end well.

how about this.. when the kids are home YOU DONT WEAR DIAPERS AROUND THEM.

do you have sex in the hallway outside their room? I'm guessing no. Then keep your diaper wearing to your bedroom at night, and / or when they are not home.

welcome to parenthood.

welcome to being an adult and having to make sacrifices of your own pleasure for the wellbeing of your children.

• Like 3

You've already waited 10 years, wait another 8-9 and they'll both be off to college or hopefully out of the house. At that point you'll all be adults and if they find out it's your fetish, ahh, who cares, nothing they can do.

I see your frustration though because as they'll soon be teens, they'll get smart enough to realize something or find something. It's just bound to happen if you continue. The laws of averages will catch up to you. Only way to make sure they don't know is to stop doing it and pick it up later. Now, I know that's likely not going to happen but it really the only safe bet. The "my dad wears diapers for a medical reason" is going to eventually loose water as your children get older and they'll easily shoot holes through it. Kids are smart and however much you hate hearing it, again, the only safe way is to stop around them. You probably don't have to stop entirely but tone it down to the minimum possible. Sucks to hear but you asked.

At first I didn't really agree with what sarah_ab said as I know it's not a fetish you feel you're sharing with your children but then I got to thinking about it and if it's not really medical in the incontinent sense, then yes, you are sharing your fetish with them, they just don't know it. It truely would be different if you were actually medically incontinent and wore diapers and even if they lead you to a fetish of diapers, that'd be different. Different because there's no way to shoot a hole in a story that well, isn't a white lie so to say. I don't think you'd really want to live a lie to your children for the rest of your life. You likely wouldn't share any other fetish type or sexual desire information with them so don't go there then with this either. They don't need to know.

Lastly, I know you're not going to stop really so you better have a solid as hell story to tell them when, yes when, they find out. Rememeber, you can't unring a bell. You may cause damage to you, your kids, your whole family if you don't have a good reason, one that can save a major disaster in every direction it could go. Not trying to scare you but seriously just think about it. You may be standing there one day getting caught and next thing you know your lifes in an uncontrollable tailspin all the while your wishing you could take back those seconds.

Don't do something you may easily later regret. Just my two cent though.

I would just like to add that kids are extremely observent, and extremely nosy. I wouldn't be surprised if they already knew.

Having said that, I wouldn't tell them yet. Best to wait, either for them to leave the house, or find you sulking down a hallway at 2am. But regardless of your decision, be prepared for the repercussions.

Ideally you should never wear around them but we both know that this can be so strong in us that such a thing becomes impossible :rolleyes: I'm a firm believer in the "need to" system- as in telling only those who need to know, and in doing that only when it needs to be done :thumbsup: What they don't know isn't hurting them. If they know already and it was a problem for them, you'd know that. So just prepare your response with the wife so all stories match and continue to be as discreet as you can B) When you're a parent the children must come first, and that includes their mental health. Telling them might make life easier for you, but what would it do to them? :huh: Sooner or later they will probably know something is going on and they will ask you about it if it troubles them- or you will see them as they see you- and that's the best time to deal with it :blush: That will relieve their burden; telling them earlier will only give then a burden they don't need ;) Yeah, you may have to lie to them but as long as it's in their best interest do it. I'd bet you've done it before by telling tales of the tooth fairy and Santa Claus ^_^ This is no different- it's telling a tale to make them happier and I can't see anything wrong with that :)

Bettypooh

I pretty much agree with Bettypooh. Don't tell them until you have to and at that, don't tell them you wear diapers because you've got a fetish! I'm not sure that would be in their best interest! Go with the little white lie of a medical problem and that this is something you just do NOT want anyone else to know about. It'll probably get out to some of their friends regardless, but at least the info they put out won't be about how kinky you are.

I didn't vote in your poll, because I think this is so, so situational and personal. I do think the best option is to keep it from them entirely. Be discrete. God knows, there are enough ways we mess up our kids (and their futures) as it is even when we try our best to do the right thing. If you love them, don't make things harder on them by making them bear the burden of knowing Dad likes to wear diapers.

next thing you know in school they will be having a lesson inappropriate touching etc.. and the teacher will say "and remember if someone tells you to keep something a secret its ok to tell and adult" and then your kid raises his/her hand and decides nows a good time to mention his daddy likes to wear diapers... trust me.. its not going to end well.

do you have sex in the hallway outside their room? I'm guessing no. Then keep your diaper wearing to your bedroom at night, and / or when they are not home.

welcome to parenthood.

welcome to being an adult and having to make sacrifices of your own pleasure for the wellbeing of your children.

Totally agree.

If you told your kids, honestly and don't hide things ( now not to be to honest here! ) They will respect you more for trusting them with this information. Anyways: what kid is going to go blabbing " My daddy wears diapers!" NONE. It will remain in your house. They won't want to risk the embarrassment of telling their friends.

AND...... if they snoop around, which they will..with their friends...they WILL find your diapers! What would that scene look like from their perspective? Now their friends know and WILL tell. Trust me I snooped and I found my parents bong, what a mess when I spilled it.

Just be honest and open with them and they will do the same. If you hide it, what are they going to hide from you? Kids learn from you no matter what you do, tell or not.

I think as a kid, I'd rather know, than to run in early in the AM for something and find dad in a diaper. Wow what scene, ha ha ha can't you see it now?

I know we are supposed to protect kids, but by telling them you could be protecting them from embarrassment in the future.

I wear around my nephew in the mornings before a shower, but I wear cloth and they don't crinkle. I wear long clothes that are baggy and he only said anything once. He's 9 and he's seen my plastic pants hanging to dry and a stack of cloth diapers on my dresser. He was in the room for like ten minutes and didn't say a word. He once asked me if I was wearing one and I told him I was, it was for bedwetting and he understood. We had that one conversation and that was it. He never mentioned it again, nor has it ever come up.

Kids are VERY flexible, just don't run around them in your diapers and you'll be fine.

• Like 1

I agree with the "Don't Tell" crowd. Your kids are too young to truly understand what a fetish is; and their 'ratonal' mind is only in its primitive emergence. I agree with the advice that suggests a coordinated story between you and your spouse, in the event that things are found, observed or discovered which force the question about why dad wears a diaper.

Like others have offered, you might wish to fully consider what the implications of having others learn about your diaper use beyond your immediate family. If your career, community status, etc. could be negatively affected, it might also be a cause for concern.

Summarizing my advice: 1. Hold the status quo,

2. Develop a common story with your spouse, should you be questioned

3. Review the matter in another year or two to see if conditions have changed, and demand alternative planning.

Good luck.

Your question sems to be "What happens when the kids find out?"

Take more precautions. The kids NEVER need to find out.....ever!

I used an Army footlocker with strong hasp and padlock.

If I had more stuff than would fit in the lockbox, then I had too much stuff.

Keep it simple and wait it out. Count your blessings for a wife that understands!

Have you thought of maybe installing a simple slide bolt on the inside of your bedroom door?

And keep your computer history clean.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

My vote is to be open about wearing diapers, largely because the poll, as presented, had no limitation this only applies to DL or AB.

It is hardly a secret that I am profoundly urinary incontinent. Many members of DD have various forms of bowel, urinary or both incontinence.

In the real world some secrets cannot be kept from those living in the same house. Use of diapers is such a secret. The minor upside advantages to attempting keeping your diapers a secret pale compared to the severe downside risks when your diapers are discovered. Trust me, eventually your diaper secret will be exposed.

Of course you are circumspect, discreet and use common sense so as to reduce the shock of your diapers. That is the responsible and ethical way to conduct yourself.

Okay, what about those who retain continence and use diapers for emotional reasons? The same risk situation applies. Diapers are not a secret that can be kept over time from those living with you, be they kids, parents or spouse. The consequences of having such a secret exposed are far worse than being honest in the first place.

What about just giving up using diapers upon: moving back to your parents; getting married; having kids?

Sure you can attempt to give up an attraction to diapers. On sites such as DD there are members with no qualification in clinical psychology who claim infantilism can be removed as a state of mind. Of course none have ever presented a single peer-reviewed case study in which a therapist has removed infantilism without replacing it with a far more dangerous behavior.

In the best situation people recognize their infantilism and take steps to learn to be cautious and discreet at all times.

• Like 1

To add my 2 cents to the conversation...

If you really do have a medical issue of some kind that requires night diapers, then I would say go for it. Its nothing more than the truth, and as has been said kids adapt.

If its purely a fetish thing, you need to keep it to yourself. Telling them a lie, and then them finding out about it somehow (i.e. mom & Dad having a "play" session thinking the kids were away/asleep) would be more damaging to them than if they found you in a diaper. Trust me, I know from experience, that a parental lie about something like that can seriously warp a kids perception of things. Also, if you got kids approaching the teenage years, you don't want to do anything that will cause them to loose respect for you.....those years are hard enough in that regard as it is.

Lets put it this way...awhile back there was a thread similar to this...one of the responses was a "letter" from your mother describing how much she really liked anal sex. Nothing wierd about it, etc etc etc. Just alot of "gory" details. No kid wants to hear about that from their parents.

I would say just leave them out of it if and until they ask a question about it. Have the details of what you want to say worked out with your wife, and then stick to the script.

I'm kinda crossed on this situation. I was that age not too long ago so I think I can see how this would go. I would agree that keeping it from them is the best course of action. If they never discover your diapers and that you're wearing them then you're all good. However, if they find out that you wear diapers or find your stash, then there could be major reprocusions. In this case, I hope you have a REALLY good hiding space. Being 10, I remember tearing up my parent's room and most of the house looking for Birthday or Christmas gifts; and I also remember finding some things I wish I didnt (aka "emotion lotion" in my mom's nightside table *Shudder). Imagine if your kids found your diapers in this case; they would be questioning everything. Its kind of like when some kids find out Santa Claus is their parents. They start thinking everything is a lie and they question everything, including your authority over them. To avoid this, it is possible to tell them everything and that you wear for medical reasons like your second option. The risk in this again is that they could tell someone else or let it slip by mistake. And although some get off to this kind of humiliation, it doesnt sound fun for me. Weigh out the pros and cons, and think about what if one of your parents had a diaper fetish and how you would react if a) they told you nowthing and you sound the stash or B) if they told you out right. Hope this helped a little.

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

I wouldn't tell them. There is just no need to tell them. If they ever happen to find out for any reason then just ex plane that they are for a medical condition and that it's no big deal. And then just leave it at that. Anything beyond that is involving your children in your fetish which in my opinion is child abuse.

*epic Facepalm*

You do not need to tell your children about your fetish. Seriously if anyone on this site has this sudden compulsion to tell everyone they know they like to wear diapers, do the rest of us a favor and go get psychiatric help. Sarahab hit it right on the head with your children take priority over your fetish/lifestyle. If they find out that you wear, what you choose to disclose is entirely up to you, however, there is no purpose in just outing yourself to your cildren. They will not gain anything in life from knowing what mom and dad do in the bedroom. Please use some common sense with this stuff.

I thought about this subject last night -- and no, do not tell your children. What happens in the bedroom and what personally arouses you should not be your child's business.

Guest Baby Tiana

welcome to parenthood.

Well said Sarah! :)

I my self would never mention anything. If the kids knew what was good for them, they wouldn't be coming into my room at all. Then again, I myself would label myself as a Nazi Mom. :)

Anyways, I definitely agree with Sarah. One day or another, you'll be able to frolic around the house in just diapers and a shirt, but that will be the day when the kids are out of the house and all grown up. :)

"Anyways, I definitely agree with Sarah. One day or another, you'll be able to frolic around the house in just diapers and a shirt, but that will be the day when the kids are out of the house and all grown up."

iwill add "when the kids are out of the house and all grown up and you will be needing diapers for medical reasons anyway"

in fact eventually your kids will most likly be changing your diapers when your old.... eeks !

There seems to be something cathartic, at least in our own minds, with telling someone else - or EVERYBODY else - about our diaper leanings. This goes for ABs as well as DLS. Our goal, of course, is ACCEPTANCE, which, when we have it, gives us a freedom to further pursue our desires and pleasures. That said, I also agree with Sarah.

What would you do if you found out that what you foisted upon your children, wittingly or unwittingly, created a similar or other fetishism in THEM that they might NOT have ever developed? I thought I was being very discreet until I heard that my kindergartener had announced in class that "his daddy wore diapers". Of course, it was passed over, but I DID hear what the child, innocently, had related in class! If you would not reveal the "sordid" details of your love-life behind closed bedroom doors - and a parent SHOULDN'T, that's NOT how children learn about their own sexuality - there is no reason to expose your children to your "kink" or "different leanings". Maybe you won't ruin them forever, but you certainly will NOT assist in positive mental well-being, health and growth. And, you will always leave questions in your children's minds. Do you REALLY want THAT, even to make yourself feel more "normal" and "free" with your leanings? And, yes, if it boils down to it, if it comes up in a situation with Child & Family Services, you will lose your children FIRST, and then the situation will get sorted out LATER, whether it's "innocent", as it may be, or NOT. Think about THAT.

I wouldn't tell them because it's none of their business. You don't tell them you and your wife had sex and you don't tell them everything about what goes on in your personal life. So don't tell them about your diapers. Wait until they discover it and ask you about it.

I wonder what happens when a child walks in on their parents having sex, what do they explain to the child?

Just another vote for 'don't tell them' from me. If they should find out accidentally then you'll need to think quickly to handle and contain the situation and maybe in that circumstance, a quick white lie is better than abject denial (because they'll know that you've something to hide) or the truth (well, duh). Unless you find yourself stuck in that situation though, they've no need to know. At all. Ever.

I should hope though, that by the ages you mentioned, they should understand that mummy and daddy's room is a private place that they shouldn't go walking into without knocking/permission... I know my two similarly aged step kids certainly understand that.

Remember that you can easily get caught out in a 'medical problem' lie. What if in 10 years time, they assume that your own mother knows about your 'problem' and casually mentions dad's diapers?! There are probably a hundred other ways telling them that could get you up the creek without a paddle as well.