LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How'S Your Bladder Control?

I've noticed that there's a pretty wide range of folks on this site. Some, like myself, are pretty wide, and I'm fairly certain a good deal of them are folks. But what I'm wondering about now is how you, o DailyDiapers posters, can hold your water. I thought it might be interesting to compare are actual and desired states of continence. For my part, I can hold around a half-gallon for seven hours, if need be, though it hurts like a copper-plated bitch after four. It becomes significantly weaker if there's booze involved, though I've never yet pissed myself at a party, thank Zalgo.

So how bout it, guys/gals? How long can you hold it?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Diapered Jeff

My bladder can hold for maybe an hour, two if I really hold it, but it starts to hurt, so it's either I make a dash for the bathroom, or a mess on the floor is inevitable. As for the bowels, I can hold a poo in for about 3 to 4 hours, longer if I need to. Not recommended for someone as young as me, but I'm certainly capable of doing so.

In the hospital my urologist told me that the average bladder held 500mL :closedeyes:

Mine releases at about half that except at night. I've never managed more than a couple hours without peeing while I am awake- one of the the first things I do upon going to a new place is locate the bathrooms :huh: My SI/UI can bring peeing enough to make my pants noticeably wet every ten minutes or so- and continue doing that all day :o When my OAB is acting up the time between pees can drop to as little as 4-5 minutes :( I can usually control these episodes- barely- with a concerted effort (and sometimes a pad) and they're usually small but in the last year or so I have wet my pants in a major way three times, and that has been my 'normal' throughout my adult life :blush: At night I am usually dry :angry: but can manage 3-4 full bladder releases (500mL) on occasion :P My bowels are normal and hold well which is good for me- I don't like poopy pants

I have recently become a regular diaper wearer- not exactly 24/7 but almost- panties are only for when total discretion is necessary which is rare B) I am just going to let nature take it's course and if I become incontinent that's fine :D Especially if it leads to regular bedwetting :wub:

Bettypooh

As I've gotten older and heavier I pee more often. Usually about every 2 to 3 hours is normal however when I'm working I've gone 6 to 8 hours without having to pee, even though I feel the need. Sometimes I wake up once or twice in an 8 hour night but usually it's 3 or 4 times a night. Sometimes about 5am I wake up and then after I pee I feel the need to pee every 30 to 45 minutes. It's different with me, but I think it's my age and weight. Not prostate because when I do pee after 4 or more hours I pee a bucket in a firm heavy stream.

I'm pretty good at holding peepees in when I need to. I work at a place where going to the bathroom is a straight up luxury. Pfft. Anywho, I can hold pretty much all day, not that I strive to do this.

I have noticed thought, that when I do wear diapers more frequently the warning seems short noticed and a lot more frequent. When I'm wearing a diaper, "letting go" is far more natural for me. So when I wear diapers for a period of several days, then I tend to have a slight problem transitioning. I've even gotten to the point where I didn't even know I had wet while in a diaper.

I guess it just varies for me as to what my underpants are.

Paxy :huh:

I can go for as long as I need to. Never had any accidents at all, I've even done 7hour journeys in the car and had to refil the car before I got to the bursting stage. At work loos can be difficult to get to if it's busy so I frequently go a full 7 1/2 hours without a loo break.

When I'm wearing nappy however, I relax completely. I have to change every 5 hours or so because I've wet them so much! I barely notice the fact that I'm wetting until it's actually happening. The same with no2's when wearing... they just sneak out without any warning, which can get quite annoying if I've just put a fresh nappy on! :angry2:

Froggie

For some reason, I've not aged well. I get frequent urges, pee a little and then after a while another urge. My morning coffee consumption adds to this, I'm sure. When I begin to get the urge, I can hold it for a while, but not for real long periods of time. Often I'll be on the way home and the urge develops...holding it for like half an hour can be absolute misery. A video of me trying to hold it in while driving would be quite amusing! Those are times when I'd really rather be diapered.

I can remember having literal pissing contests...at night with friends. After long group bus trips, heading to the side of a building to see how high and for how long a stretch you could get your stream as you sidled along the side of the building...of course the guys who participated were all pretty drunk. lately I get dribbles at best.

At night, it can be misery. I'm up 3 or 4 times minimum. I've mentioned this all to my doctor who naturally said I could take the meds for this, but I've rejected that idea. I have tried saw palmetto which has helped somewhat but I'm beginning to wonder if this is a good long term solution. (actually, I think 24/7 diaper use would solve the whole problem, but because wife and family aren't up to speed on my diaper desires, it would take some manuevering to manipulate that...)

And for those who might point out rightly that frequent need to urinate can indicate diabetes, I am monitored for that on a regular basis. So far, so good on that account.

ugh, I'm not nearly as incontinent as I'd like to be. With minimal effort, I can hold (either) for upward of ten hours. When well-hydrated, however, I can be pretty relaxed and wet with next to no effort at all, and as many times as my diaper will hold!

Those of you who have OAB and whatnot -- I'm a pretty high-strung, high-stress/anxiety kinda guy, so how much further do I hafta take it to develop something like that?

My ability to hold it has diminished a lot since I started wearing full time. If I do not wear I find myself rushing to the potty with very little void coming. Its off and on and kind of spotty. Sometimes it seems I hold more than other times. I'm sure if I needed to I could re-potty train myself... But I don't wanna! lol. :D

My bladder is not nearly as strong as I would like it to be. About half an hour after drinking almost anything, I start feeling the need to go, and have about 15-20 minutes to do so. And then after that, I have to go once or twice an hour. This even goes if I am not drinking a large amount. But I have no problems going, full stream, etc. I contribute it to the fact I am an avid water drinker and it is just the result of that.

When I feel the urge to go (either one), I have a couple of minutes where I need a bathroom RIGHT NOW. If I am wearing a diaper, it's not a problem. Sometimes it's every hour, sometimes it's every 6 hours. Depends on consumption rates.

Ever since my abdominal surgery a month and a half ago (which left me bowel incontinent), I've been having problems with bladder control. For the first couple of weeks, while I had the stents in my ureters (tubes that go from the bladder to the kidneys), I had no control at all. Once those were pulled (OUCH!!!) things got better. But it's still a struggle. Basically, if the urge hits and I'm not able to get to a toilet within 30 seconds, then I'm going to have a wet diaper. After it goes for a few seconds and the pressure eases up I can usually hold it, but on busy days at work this means that I am constantly peeing in 5-10 second spurts throughout the day.

While we're on the subject, since I've never really been able to ask this of anyone before, does anyone else pee while having a BM? I mean, it's like it's just automatic. I've always done it and I just thought it was normal, but I know that with my wife and kids that this is not the case. Whenever I poo, I will also urinate at the same time or immediately after. I used to think that maybe it was from straining, but now that I have little-to-no control of my bowels (again, if I can't get to a bathroom when the urge hits, it's too late. That is, if I even get the urge beforehand), I'm still having the same issue. I don't think it's anything to worry about, it's just one of those little oddities that I've wondered about every now and then.

Is this a competition - to see who can hold their bladder the longest?

From a medical perspective, once the bladder has expanded, the body reduces the amount of urine it produces by increasing its production of vasprossen. That, in itself is not bad, but the body is still producing urine, but in smaller and more concentrated levels. The overstretched bladder will then force urine back into the kidneys and can damage the kidneys and liver. That is the best case senario. The other case is that the bladder tears and urine will enter the body cavity.

Simply, the pain that you feel telling you that you need to evacuate your bladder - please don't wait.

If need be I can hold it all day, but I don't get the thrill of just making it with only a second to spare. As for poop, there have been a few times a almost pooped my pants without a diaper on but thankfully I made it in time.

....While we're on the subject, since I've never really been able to ask this of anyone before, does anyone else pee while having a BM? ....

Hello and welcome to the best darn ABDL website in the universe :thumbsup: For me they have always come together so I assumed it was the same for everyone:mellow: Every now and then while I am peeing all of a sudden the other end wants to join in with no prior warning :o Funny that this doesn't happen when I'm diapered. Kudos for finding a question that nobody has asked before- that's a tough thing to do with all the long-time ABDL's we have here :roflmao:

Bettypooh

I loose it during sleep.

I've noticed that there's a pretty wide range of folks on this site. Some, like myself, are pretty wide, and I'm fairly certain a good deal of them are folks. But what I'm wondering about now is how you, o DailyDiapers posters, can hold your water. I thought it might be interesting to compare are actual and desired states of continence. For my part, I can hold around a half-gallon for seven hours, if need be, though it hurts like a copper-plated bitch after four. It becomes significantly weaker if there's booze involved, though I've never yet pissed myself at a party, thank Zalgo.

So how bout it, guys/gals? How long can you hold it?