LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Trash day

Sometimes I feel guilty about my diaper trash , not because of the environment but because my diaper pail bag is so heavy I feel bad for the trash guys that have to fling it in the truck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think about this as well, every time I drag my trash bins down to the end of the driveway. The one with the diapers in it is pretty heavy, as we only get trash pickup every 2 weeks, whereas we get organic/recycling picked up every week, bit diapers do not qualify as either of those. I also throw in a big bag of collected dog poop, because we're not allowed to put that in with the organics, either, so all in all, I'm sure that's not their favourite bin to sling.

However, I was parked in front of a couple of dumpsters at a long term care center last week - I'd pulled in to turn around - and I noted the dumpsters were literally overflowing with clear plastic bags full of diapers. Although I sometimes feel pangs of guilt about the environmental impact of this hobby...I did some math based on life expectancies and the incidence of incontinence in older populations, and came up with a working theory that ABDL people might make up, what, 1% of the population? 0.5%? Less? Whereas >50% of people are eventually going to end up being 85 or older (if you live in Canada, anyway), and about 21% (average between male and female) of them will experience some form of incontinence. SO, that's 10.5% of the population, or, for Canada, about 4.5 million people, a good proportion of whom will end up in disposable something-or-other, for part of their lives. So, we are a drop in the bucket. But that doesn't help the trash collector when he has to lift the bins...

• Like 1

My bin goes out every week, with enough diapers to add significant weight to it. Fortunately, the garbage folks have an automatic hydraulic lift that picks up each bin and dumps it. The garbage dude never knows how heavy my bin gets.

• Like 1

Maybe I should rename my diapers BabyDoll No Worries, or to be more heavy-handedly virtue-signalling, "BabyDoll Guilt Free Diapers: At least your conscience will be clean"

I've been out on disability for a bit and my diaper usage had gone through the roof. Luckily my trash hauler uses a robot arm to grab and dump it. No human contact at all

• Like 1

For as long as I've owned my house, I've been too "cheap" to contract with a trash hauler to collect my trash.  So every other week or so, I load up the car or truck and take it to the county transfer station.  Other than the expense of hauling it across the county, it's free.   And from there it goes right to the county trash-to-electric incinerator.  So I'm the only one that has to lug those heavy bags around.

9 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

My garbageman has a big mechanical arm on his truck to pick up the garbage.

The poor garbage truck collecting the diaper bin!

Just like everyone else, they get paid for doing their job.  Maybe they aren't always the college graduates or super high I.Q. people who do the lower end jobs, but think of how much you are saving them on Gym memberships and fees by giving them a basically free work out that they get paid for doing!

2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Just like everyone else, they get paid for doing their job.  Maybe they aren't always the college graduates or super high I.Q. people who do the lower end jobs, but think of how much you are saving them on Gym memberships and fees by giving them a basically free work out that they get paid for doing!

These jobs are the most important of all.

• Like 2

Well... I made one of my infrequent trash runs this morning on my way to work.  One of the workers just had to come over to have a look at my car (it is a quite an automotive unicorn) while I'm there tossing my heavy bags full of used diapers into the hopper.   Not quite the situation you want to be hosting a 1-car car show.  🙄

• Haha 2

Our bins have wheels and they are being lifted by the vehicle so the only manual labor is wheeling the bin and pushing a button. 

Now a funny thing.
Last week they came to pick up paper, but they picked up the trash bin, so now our trash bin is empty and the paper bin is almost full. 
Now the paper is contaminated and they probably had to "trash" the whole load. 

This is a little off topic however this thread reminded me of this story. Probably 20 years ago I had a friend that sold commercial trash service. He was complaining about one of his customers that was giving him a hard time, it was a nursing home. They only had the large dumpster emptied once a week. The dumpster was so heavy from the adult diapers that the truck could barely lift the container. It was one of those trash trucks that lifted the dumpster over the cab and in addition to struggling to get it over the cab sometimes pee would actually rain down on the cab. His operations manager was all over him to tell them they needed to pay for three pickups a week. My friend was upset, he said can you imagine using that many diapers? I had to restrain myself from saying it sounded like a dream scenario to me, especially if someone else was changing my diaper. He eventually lost the account because they would not pay for the extra service, he was fine with that because “I am tired of taking shit about adult diapers”. 

• Haha 1
On 3/25/2024 at 8:29 PM, Crinklz Kat said:

For as long as I've owned my house, I've been too "cheap" to contract with a trash hauler to collect my trash.  So every other week or so, I load up the car or truck and take it to the county transfer station.  Other than the expense of hauling it across the county, it's free.   And from there it goes right to the county trash-to-electric incinerator.  So I'm the only one that has to lug those heavy bags around.

The poor garbage truck collecting the diaper bin

Wow!  I once was driving behind  a garbage truck and suddenly the inside of it had flames coming out.

They didn't pick up yesterday...ugh  next week will be extra heavy.