LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting Surgery in Mexico

6 hours ago, Reddy said:

It's strange and surprising, and it really makes me feel different suddenly.  And then, it's also a huge rush!!  It's kind of mind bending.

This is exactly why incontinence is so great for me. Especially if you have no control whatsoever as you seem to have now and I do with a stent. Not only do you feel different, you are also different now and you will have to think and act very differently to keep it unnoticed. In fact, it is inevitable that you will even behave differently. People will notice your unusual hesitation when they invite you to an unexpected activity. You'll think "I'd love to, but my diaper" and they'll think "he doesn't want to come with us" . 

This is what I think life would be like if I were irreversibly incontinent due to surgery. I base it partly on my extensive experience with stents.

It's always there, it never stops until your last breath. You'll feel excited but also disabled with every pee spurt that hits your diaper. You will feel the need to do everything you can to keep it unnoticed. Because who wants to see a grown man pee his pants? But all these actions to keep it unnoticed simultaneously turn it into an invisible disability. So people will expect you to act like a normal human being, which sometimes is simply not possible because of your diaper situation. Diapers are not easy to hide and no matter how hard you try to avoid them, leaks will occur every now and then, making it even more difficult to keep your 'problem' unnoticed.

In short, in my opinion it's the best handicap you can have. It keeps you busy and excited all the time. :D

The reasons that still stop me from doing it are my children and grandchildren. I don't want to be that horny, diapered (grand)father when I'm around them. I am also afraid that after the surgery I will have nothing left to desire and will therefore lose my only sexual drive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Of course, an alternative to diapers is a condom (external) catheter with a leg bag. This might be suitable on some occasions when diapers are inappropriate. 

I'm not going to lie, reading the last few pages has had me feeling all kinds of strange emotions.

Jealousy - There is a part of me that likes the idea of it. I've been dependent on diapers before although it was temporary and I remember not particularly caring for it but at the same time there are parts that I miss. I don't think this is something I would ever go for myself but I would love to have a switch installed where I could turn incontinence on and off as wanted!

Shock - That you actually went through with it. Up until now this thread, to me sounded pretty theoretical. Even in your recovery with the catheter it didn't really hit me but you describing your loss of control surprised me. I don't know why. I guess there is a part of me that simply wouldn't accept that someone would actually perform this surgery without there being a need for it. It's only after it's all said and done that my brain started processing it.

Admiration - That you saw something you wanted and went out to get it. We've had hundreds or more people talk about wanting to be incontinent, about how to achieve it or simulate it, none (as far as I'm aware) went all the way. I haven't really come to any firm conclusion in my mind about whether it's a good idea or not, whether it is ethical or not, whether I would be interested in it even, but seeing something you want and going for it is admirable even if I end up not agreeing.

Concern - I mean this with all due respect. I'm worried about the reality of incontinence for you. In many ways the surgery is the easy part, everything that comes next is the hard bit. Being incontinent sounds great right now, will it still feel that way in a year? Five years? Ten years? If you get tired of it there is no going back.

From what I remember of your posts you don't have a lot of 24/7 wearing experience, in many ways you are one of the least qualified people to become incontinent of a lot that I've seen trying to achieve it. Many have tried medications, catheter usage, unpotty training, etc. Have tried various things for years, have worn diapers all the time for years. I can't help help feeling concern that you have entered into this lightly, that you haven't given it the thought it should have or tried other non-invasive options.

I'm concerned that you'll experience side-effects that will compromise your happiness or standard of life.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not moralising about whether you should've done it or not, I'm just expressing my feelings of concern over what you'll experience going forwards. At the end of the day what you do with your body is entirely up to you. I think people should be free to do whatever they want with themselves.

Curiosity - Perhaps in part due to the last section I'm really curious about what will happen and how you feel. I do hope you continue to update us in the short term AND the long term so we can keep up with how you're doing, the experiences you'll have and how you adapt to your new situation. I think a lot of us will be curious to hear what life is like "on the other side" and experiences such as telling people, side-effects, romantic relationships, just day-to-day life constantly wetting yourself. I think yuo'll have a very interesting perspective that would be interesting to keep up with and could be very useful to anyone contemplating going through something similar.

Finally...

Excitement - I can't lie, this sort of thing hits my buttons on a sexual level somewhat. The idea of doing it, to be permenantly altered, to need diapers, etc. It does certain things for me. I don't mean to sexualise what you've experienced, I'm just being honest that as a fantasy I really like it!

I don't know if you know but I'm a writer with subscription platforms. I sometimes write blog posts on there about my thoughts and feelings. Would it be OK for me to write a blog post about this thread and your surgery? I know I don't really need permission to do it but it feels like the polite thing to ask about!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
14 hours ago, Reddy said:

I think Dr. Ivan told me this in my initial consultation, but I can't remember.  Regardless, I came to know that I would have retrograde ejaculation going forward based on accounts like yours, and some research indicating any resection of the bladder neck causes this.  I'm glad I'll still have the same enjoyable orgasms though!  And no cleanup is good, although ironically now that I am in diapers I guess cleanup is kind of irrelevant, lol.

I know your procedure was different, but I learned a new word today: climacturia - the involuntary leakage of urine during climax.

https://www.issm.info/sexual-health-qa/what-is-climacturia-how-can-it-be-managed

It seems common with radical prostatectomy, but who knows with all you’ve been through.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Diapered Dave said:

Curious to hear how Reddy's first night of diaper dependency went?!?!?   Soaked diapers? Wet bed?

I was going to ask that myself - how did the overnight shift go?

I also wanted to mention that, like a number of other people who have commented here, I am 24/7 and have been for coming up on 5 years. There are not a lot of things you can't do while in a diaper. Being in diapers hasn't really stopped me from doing anything - you just have to plan a bit better. I've travelled overseas, hiked, biked, kayaked, sailed, flown all over the place, etc. Granted, I have the luxury of not absolutely "needing" to wear them, but, I haven't actually taken advantage of that possibility. I have switched to pull-ups a couple of times for doctors appointments and such, but that's only to avoid the raised eyebrows that a giant toddler diaper festooned with purple bunnies or whatever, might cause. I haven't taken an off ramp yet to avoid a situation - I remain on the diapered superhighway, come what may. 

I had some "Oh my God, what have I done to myself?" moments the first couple of times I woke up after a "confirmed" bedwetting, where I had zero recollection of having allowed it to happen, and now it happens unpredictably, intermittently, unreliably, but, undeniably, so, voila, I now "have to" wear diapers to bed, which was disconcerting at first, but now I've embraced it. 

One think I wanted to point out is that there are many technological options in the medical device realm, should you ever find yourself wanting to climb K2 without having a Sherpa backpacking a case of MegaMax's up behind you - there are condom catheters and internal catheters that can be coupled to leg bags, which you can then empty on the go, thus negating the necessity to carry diapers, or at least, you could use way fewer of them, if you wanted to have one on to mitigate the possibility of minor leaks around the device. I have never taken that road - I'm doing the because I like wearing diapers - but the option is there if you ever want to take it. There is basically nothing you can't do, sir. Except hold your pee! 

I also wanted to comment a bit more on Rearz & Incontrol, because in an earlier post, I ripped the Rearz Select, and I stand by my judgement there, but I wanted to add some context. The Select is a vintage Pampers single-tab novelty diaper that looks cool and feels pretty good to wear, but, they don't perform all that well in terms of being reliable protection. They'll get you through a few hours here and there. However, Rearz & Incontrol make several excellent models - their BeDry Night, BeDry Elitecare, Mega Inspire+, Mermaid Tales, and Mega Barnyards are great high-capacity products, and I use their Lil' series of diapers (Lil' Monsters, Squirts, Bellas), and the regular BeDry, as medium-duty daytime diapers at least a few times a week. 

Happily, you'll have the rest of your life to test drive various models, and to figure out what you like, and what works well for you! 

12 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

I also wanted to mention that, like a number of other people who have commented here, I am 24/7 and have been for coming up on 5 years. There are not a lot of things you can't do while in a diaper. Being in diapers hasn't really stopped me from doing anything - you just have to plan a bit better. I've travelled overseas, hiked, biked, kayaked, sailed, flown all over the place, etc.

Exactly.... As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've "Lived the incontinent life", being diapered and stented, on all my vacations, for the last 10 years or more, doing any activity that I want. Usually I do everything, wearing disposable diapers, but I've even done several things while in cloth diapers and plastic pants. With the right loose fitting pants and long un-tucked shirts, my diapers are not noticeable.

As far as diapers go, there are so many choices now days. Also, I often use booster pads in my diapers, when I know it's going to be a while between diaper changes. Last year, I was on vacation, touring a large city. Instead of carrying a backpack with spare diapers all over town, I wore a pair of cargo jeans with the big pockets. I put a folded booster pad in each pocket, and had a booster pad in my diaper. The pads are quite thin when dry. When the booster pad got to wet, I'd just duck into a restroom, and swap out the wet pad in my diaper for a dry one. This technique worked great!!

19 hours ago, bwakee said:

I'm so happy for you Reddy! You have have courage that I don't know if I have myself. Congrats!

Thank you!  I appreciate that. 🙏 

18 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

Umm, yeah.... You might want to set an alarm for the middle of the night. Or you might wake up with a soaked bed. 

I woke up a few times in the night from various sensations.  I didn't wet the bed because I had the opportunity to change my diaper a few times.  I thought my bladder was retaining urine, since I stood up but nothing flooded.  Then I massaged my bladder area gently a little and that felt nice.  Then I didn't have to pee anyway?  But I was already wet too.  I was half asleep and confused and maybe my bladder was having spasms from adjusting to having the catheter out, combined with fewer doses of the anti spasm medication.

16 hours ago, VA diaper boy said:

You’ll definitely be able to do activities as you want to do them as you get over any embarrassment or hesitations of being diapered.  After years of being diapered 24/7, life goes on for me.  I have a diaper bag or spare diaper with me at all times and that’s about all that I need.  The embarrassment is gone as I need the diapers now.  I’ve learned how many on average that I go through and I plan for it.  So don’t sweat that you won’t be able to do what you want to do.

With both sphincters and prostate gone, I’m sure you are incontinent now:). I have 2 of the 3 and not the external removed and the bladder is overactive.  The external sphincter just can’t hold it now.  I’ve just learned to embrace the diapers or I would be peeing every 15-60 minutes with little notice to go.  

Thanks, I appreciate this.  I will definitely stay active. 🙏

16 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

Reddy and /or BrownBobby can clarify this, but I don't think the doc took out all of the prostate and sphincters, just part of them, to cause incontinence....

That's correct, they were just resected.

16 hours ago, mark686 said:

first off congratulations on your achievement.

I have a couple diaper recommendations as for trest they are very good and hold a lot also little for big offers a good diaper. the northshore brand tends to fit too big on me.

with me having urge, stress, overflow and oab i will be following along with you progress.

I would look into getting Protec briefs for nighttime, they are like shorts with a leak proof outer shell and absorbent inside. 

Good ideas, thanks.  I will have to see if I still am a bedwetter after tonignt.  So far I love trest!  I like medium megamax but large supreme.

14 hours ago, foreverdl said:

Hey I have been keeping up with it, following the thread, IT"S SOO cool your there. 

Thanks!!  Yeah it's kinda amazing.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, oznl said:

I experienced something similar I suspect but in miniature when I first encountered irrefutable evidence that I had reverted to bed-wetting.  It was powerful alloy of shock and awe.  The strangest thing of all was my own equanimity at the realisation that wearing a nappy to bed was something I now HAD to do rather than could CHOOSE to do.  I suddenly had insight that at some level, incontinence was "ok", even desired.

Of course things didn't progress as quickly or as far as I had anticipated.  I still have "dry" nights but of course, I don't know which ones they are going to be so it's nappies every night regardless.  During the daytime I have dependence but not incontinence.

Speaking of bed wetting (as you will have instantly graduated to this), as others have said, I suspect you may have to ramp up your protection to include some some kind of absorbent diaper cover.  My experience has been that adult disposable diapers really aren't reliable for sleep-wetting and I am regularly cashing in on my absorbent diaper cover insurance policy.

I use the terry-lined "Kins" plastic pants which work well but the Protec briefs that @mark686 mentioned look interesting and are vastly less infantile in appearance and may not need any covering garment (ie: they could pass for pyjama pants).

Yeah, losing the choice and HAVING to wear diapers feels like just what you described... shock and awe.

I'm not sure if I am gonna wet the bed throughout the night or in waves when I sit up or stand up.  I toss and turn in the night so I can't count on somehow perfectly not wetting, but unsure how much additional protection I might really need.

51 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

I had some "Oh my God, what have I done to myself?" moments the first couple of times I woke up after a "confirmed" bedwetting, where I had zero recollection of having allowed it to happen, and now it happens unpredictably, intermittently, unreliably, but, undeniably, so, voila, I now "have to" wear diapers to bed, which was disconcerting at first, but now I've embraced it. 

Happily, you'll have the rest of your life to test drive various models, and to figure out what you like, and what works well for you! 

I too have had those "Oh my god, what have I done to myself?" moments when I've been stented long term and wearing but I keep coming back to wanting diapers and to go deeper. I've contacted the clinic in Mexico and have been giving the costs and procedures to go all the way. They actually have a very good reputation for some of the other 'elective procedures' they do there and I'd have no trouble going there. I've already had a unique major body mod and I couldn't be happier and actually makes wearing diapers so much more comfortable now.

It's amazing how powerful the idea of incontinence really is. I'm still working through how giving up control actually puts you in control. My therapist is supportive of my decisions to move forward and relates it to actually taking control of your body and controlling how things function. It's very hard for others to understand when it's so far away from 'the norm' but that doesn't take away our needs for body modifications to make us feel right. So wearing or needing diapers doesn't make us any less of a person in society and doesn't really involve anyone else except ourselves. Personal decisions are just that, personal, and should be respected. 

As I'm getting ready for CAPcon in Chicago, I'm considering the stent again and making this the step towards that permanent change that I've been desiring for a long time. I do have a lot of support from others I know who are 24/7 and have become incontinent themselves for various reasons. I appreciate all my friends who support. 

14 hours ago, boogles said:

I’m curious if your treatment protocol was identical to Reddy’s.  I wonder if there is a right combo that gives the best outcomes.  Two ideas in the thread intrigue me:

1. The resection of the bladder neck, prostate, and sphincter reduces the risk of strictures.  I’m not sure if it is true or not, but interesting idea.  Most literature is about minimizing the cutting.

2. Healing for a week with a 22fr catheter.  That is both longer and larger than protocols I’ve found via Google.  Dr. Aguilar seems pretty innovative and this isn’t even his main business.  Maybe he can dial in the right protocol here too.

It's hard to say, but I think there are risks the opposite is true.

1. Of the people I know who had this surgery, those who had this procedure (resection of the bladder neck, prostate, and sphincter) had a worse stricture than Brownbobby, who did not have his prostate resected.

2. Lots of sources online indicate the longer a catheter is in after surgery, the more damage there is to the urethral mucosa, and the greater likelihood of stricture.  While other sources seem to claim longer catheter placement isn't more risky for strictures.

12 hours ago, cathdiap said:

This is exactly why incontinence is so great for me. Especially if you have no control whatsoever as you seem to have now and I do with a stent. Not only do you feel different, you are also different now and you will have to think and act very differently to keep it unnoticed. In fact, it is inevitable that you will even behave differently. People will notice your unusual hesitation when they invite you to an unexpected activity. You'll think "I'd love to, but my diaper" and they'll think "he doesn't want to come with us" . 

This is what I think life would be like if I were irreversibly incontinent due to surgery. I base it partly on my extensive experience with stents.

It's always there, it never stops until your last breath. You'll feel excited but also disabled with every pee spurt that hits your diaper. You will feel the need to do everything you can to keep it unnoticed. Because who wants to see a grown man pee his pants? But all these actions to keep it unnoticed simultaneously turn it into an invisible disability. So people will expect you to act like a normal human being, which sometimes is simply not possible because of your diaper situation. Diapers are not easy to hide and no matter how hard you try to avoid them, leaks will occur every now and then, making it even more difficult to keep your 'problem' unnoticed.

In short, in my opinion it's the best handicap you can have. It keeps you busy and excited all the time. :D

The reasons that still stop me from doing it are my children and grandchildren. I don't want to be that horny, diapered (grand)father when I'm around them. I am also afraid that after the surgery I will have nothing left to desire and will therefore lose my only sexual drive.

Yes!  I like that I truly am different, as you say.  Even now I already feel that this is always here, and I do feel "excited but disabled."  Very well put.  I love the way you describe it as the best handicap.  I love that it will keep me busy and excited all the time!

9 hours ago, ylowrvr said:

@ReddySounds like the surgery went well.  Best wishes to you on your journey.

Thank you very much! 🙏

7 hours ago, Old_PA said:

Of course, an alternative to diapers is a condom (external) catheter with a leg bag. This might be suitable on some occasions when diapers are inappropriate. 

It's good to have all options available.

6 hours ago, Elfy said:

I'm not going to lie, reading the last few pages has had me feeling all kinds of strange emotions.

Jealousy - There is a part of me that likes the idea of it. I've been dependent on diapers before although it was temporary and I remember not particularly caring for it but at the same time there are parts that I miss. I don't think this is something I would ever go for myself but I would love to have a switch installed where I could turn incontinence on and off as wanted!

Shock - That you actually went through with it. Up until now this thread, to me sounded pretty theoretical. Even in your recovery with the catheter it didn't really hit me but you describing your loss of control surprised me. I don't know why. I guess there is a part of me that simply wouldn't accept that someone would actually perform this surgery without there being a need for it. It's only after it's all said and done that my brain started processing it.

Admiration - That you saw something you wanted and went out to get it. We've had hundreds or more people talk about wanting to be incontinent, about how to achieve it or simulate it, none (as far as I'm aware) went all the way. I haven't really come to any firm conclusion in my mind about whether it's a good idea or not, whether it is ethical or not, whether I would be interested in it even, but seeing something you want and going for it is admirable even if I end up not agreeing.

Concern - I mean this with all due respect. I'm worried about the reality of incontinence for you. In many ways the surgery is the easy part, everything that comes next is the hard bit. Being incontinent sounds great right now, will it still feel that way in a year? Five years? Ten years? If you get tired of it there is no going back.

From what I remember of your posts you don't have a lot of 24/7 wearing experience, in many ways you are one of the least qualified people to become incontinent of a lot that I've seen trying to achieve it. Many have tried medications, catheter usage, unpotty training, etc. Have tried various things for years, have worn diapers all the time for years. I can't help help feeling concern that you have entered into this lightly, that you haven't given it the thought it should have or tried other non-invasive options.

I'm concerned that you'll experience side-effects that will compromise your happiness or standard of life.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not moralising about whether you should've done it or not, I'm just expressing my feelings of concern over what you'll experience going forwards. At the end of the day what you do with your body is entirely up to you. I think people should be free to do whatever they want with themselves.

Curiosity - Perhaps in part due to the last section I'm really curious about what will happen and how you feel. I do hope you continue to update us in the short term AND the long term so we can keep up with how you're doing, the experiences you'll have and how you adapt to your new situation. I think a lot of us will be curious to hear what life is like "on the other side" and experiences such as telling people, side-effects, romantic relationships, just day-to-day life constantly wetting yourself. I think yuo'll have a very interesting perspective that would be interesting to keep up with and could be very useful to anyone contemplating going through something similar.

Finally...

Excitement - I can't lie, this sort of thing hits my buttons on a sexual level somewhat. The idea of doing it, to be permenantly altered, to need diapers, etc. It does certain things for me. I don't mean to sexualise what you've experienced, I'm just being honest that as a fantasy I really like it!

I don't know if you know but I'm a writer with subscription platforms. I sometimes write blog posts on there about my thoughts and feelings. Would it be OK for me to write a blog post about this thread and your surgery? I know I don't really need permission to do it but it feels like the polite thing to ask about!

Very nice post.  Thank you!  You really organized well some of the same thoughts and emotions I have.  I'm shocked, excited, concerned, and overwhelmingly curious and almost impatient to find out how everything will proceed and how it all fits into place.  Thank you and I will keep posting!

5 hours ago, boogles said:

I know your procedure was different, but I learned a new word today: climacturia - the involuntary leakage of urine during climax.

https://www.issm.info/sexual-health-qa/what-is-climacturia-how-can-it-be-managed

It seems common with radical prostatectomy, but who knows with all you’ve been through.

Wow!  I hope I have this.  It would be really funny to be squirting pee instead of the normal ejaculate.  And very fun.

3 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

Curious to hear how Reddy's first night of diaper dependency went?!?!?   Soaked diapers? Wet bed?

Soaked, and full of confusing sensations that may be part of my healing, but no wet bed!

1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

I also wanted to mention that, like a number of other people who have commented here, I am 24/7 and have been for coming up on 5 years. There are not a lot of things you can't do while in a diaper. Being in diapers hasn't really stopped me from doing anything - you just have to plan a bit better. I've travelled overseas, hiked, biked, kayaked, sailed, flown all over the place, etc. Granted, I have the luxury of not absolutely "needing" to wear them, but, I haven't actually taken advantage of that possibility. I have switched to pull-ups a couple of times for doctors appointments and such, but that's only to avoid the raised eyebrows that a giant toddler diaper festooned with purple bunnies or whatever, might cause. I haven't taken an off ramp yet to avoid a situation - I remain on the diapered superhighway, come what may. 

One think I wanted to point out is that there are many technological options in the medical device realm, should you ever find yourself wanting to climb K2 without having a Sherpa backpacking a case of MegaMax's up behind you - there are condom catheters and internal catheters that can be coupled to leg bags, which you can then empty on the go, thus negating the necessity to carry diapers, or at least, you could use way fewer of them, if you wanted to have one on to mitigate the possibility of minor leaks around the device. I have never taken that road - I'm doing the because I like wearing diapers - but the option is there if you ever want to take it. There is basically nothing you can't do, sir. Except hold your pee! 

I also wanted to comment a bit more on Rearz & Incontrol, because in an earlier post, I ripped the Rearz Select, and I stand by my judgement there, but I wanted to add some context. The Select is a vintage Pampers single-tab novelty diaper that looks cool and feels pretty good to wear, but, they don't perform all that well in terms of being reliable protection. They'll get you through a few hours here and there. However, Rearz & Incontrol make several excellent models - their BeDry Night, BeDry Elitecare, Mega Inspire+, Mermaid Tales, and Mega Barnyards are great high-capacity products, and I use their Lil' series of diapers (Lil' Monsters, Squirts, Bellas), and the regular BeDry, as medium-duty daytime diapers at least a few times a week. 

Good reminder that I can still basically do anything.  The bedwetting that emerged for you is fascinating.  I hope that I bedwet (instead of just retaining due to body positioning until I am awoken by a full bladder, stand up and flood).  Your example makes that seem more than possible for me.

54 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

Exactly.... As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've "Lived the incontinent life", being diapered and stented, on all my vacations, for the last 10 years or more, doing any activity that I want. Usually I do everything, wearing disposable diapers, but I've even done several things while in cloth diapers and plastic pants. With the right loose fitting pants and long un-tucked shirts, my diapers are not noticeable.

As far as diapers go, there are so many choices now days. Also, I often use booster pads in my diapers, when I know it's going to be a while between diaper changes. Last year, I was on vacation, touring a large city. Instead of carrying a backpack with spare diapers all over town, I wore a pair of cargo jeans with the big pockets. I put a folded booster pad in each pocket, and had a booster pad in my diaper. The pads are quite thin when dry. When the booster pad got to wet, I'd just duck into a restroom, and swap out the wet pad in my diaper for a dry one. This technique worked great!!

Excellent tip to extend a diaper.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

Were you able to get downstairs for breakfast this morning? Have you left your room yet, now that you're back in diapers? Is the pain mostly gone, with the catheter removed?

Yeah, I changed my diaper a few times this morning including just before heading down to breakfast.  Everything went normally although upon getting up for my 2nd round of selections I really noticed my already wet diaper.  I actually had my first worries about leaking.  I didn't want to leave any wetness on my chair.  Everything went fine, but I was clearly wetting my diaper.

I still have the same areas of pain but it's better in these ways:

1. It's a pain that feels like it is consistently healing and improving instead of being continually aggravated with a tube running through it all.

2. It comes more now from standing for too long, which exhausts me from holding weight on my pelvic floor for too long and leads to throbbing, but is always getting better and is always relieved by lying down.

2 minutes ago, Reddy said:

Yeah, I changed my diaper a few times this morning including just before heading down to breakfast.  Everything went normally although upon getting up for my 2nd round of selections I really noticed my already wet diaper.  I actually had my first worries about leaking.  I didn't want to leave any wetness on my chair.  Everything went fine, but I was clearly wetting my diaper.

So how many diaper changes since the catheter came out? Are you going to run out of the Mexican diapers before your flight back?  And how full is your wastebasket getting?

20 minutes ago, keyman419 said:

I too have had those "Oh my god, what have I done to myself?" moments when I've been stented long term and wearing but I keep coming back to wanting diapers and to go deeper. I've contacted the clinic in Mexico and have been giving the costs and procedures to go all the way. They actually have a very good reputation for some of the other 'elective procedures' they do there and I'd have no trouble going there. I've already had a unique major body mod and I couldn't be happier and actually makes wearing diapers so much more comfortable now.

It's amazing how powerful the idea of incontinence really is. I'm still working through how giving up control actually puts you in control. My therapist is supportive of my decisions to move forward and relates it to actually taking control of your body and controlling how things function. It's very hard for others to understand when it's so far away from 'the norm' but that doesn't take away our needs for body modifications to make us feel right. So wearing or needing diapers doesn't make us any less of a person in society and doesn't really involve anyone else except ourselves. Personal decisions are just that, personal, and should be respected. 

As I'm getting ready for CAPcon in Chicago, I'm considering the stent again and making this the step towards that permanent change that I've been desiring for a long time. I do have a lot of support from others I know who are 24/7 and have become incontinent themselves for various reasons. I appreciate all my friends who support. 

Very exciting!  Be sure to go in with your eyes wide open to the risks of complications, especially stricture (which can be both painful, annoying, damaging due to retention, and require chronic treatment efforts).  And reach out to those who have had the procedure and get all your questions answered.  Overall I'm still thrilled and enjoying this, and optimistic about complications.  At a certain point, if you want it, I think you'll do it, and nothing will stop you.

3 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

So how many diaper changes since the catheter came out? Are you going to run out of the Mexican diapers before your flight back?  And how full is your wastebasket getting?

I seem to have plenty of Mexican diapers left.  I think I am on my 4th or 5th diaper and I have plenty left at that pace (15-ish left).  Then I have my real diapers and more than enough for my day of travel with those.  The wastebaskets are overfull, lol.

Remember, for the flight back, you probably want to use a booster pad (or two) in your diaper. After sitting for several hours on a flight, when you stand up, you may have a LOT of urine gushing into your diapers...

Do you feel any pee going thru your urethra, or just the wetness of your diapers?

1 minute ago, Diapered Dave said:

Remember, for the flight back, you probably want to use a booster pad (or two) in your diaper. After sitting for several hours on a flight, when you stand up, you may have a LOT of urine gushing into your diapers...

Or Reddy frequently puts pressure on his bladder to empty it before it reaches full capacity. I do this on long trips to avoid losing too much urine at once and risking the diaper leaking when I get out of the car.

20 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

Do you feel any pee going thru your urethra, or just the wetness of your diapers?

I can't feel anything in the urethra, just the warm wetness spurts in my diaper and my general level of sogginess.

Ok I definitely want to try this.

• Like 2

I have been following along and I am so envois of you!  How long will you be posting updates to your new adventure? I would love to know how you experience the world from here on. 

• Like 1

You said you're flying home on Wednesday... Are you going back to work the next day, or do you still have some time off to heal and adapt to diapered life back home?

Do you have a waterproof cover on your mattress at home? You WILL have leaky diapers once in a while...

I hope night two was just as wet and all is still well! I have to say I miss the countdown theme of this thread, can we have some more counters, perhaps one for when you return home, return to work. Then I was also thinking since you haven't done long term 24/7 before, what's the longest you've gone wearing 24/7 since you were potty trained? It would be fun to have a counter til then 😂 

1 hour ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

I hope night two was just as wet and all is still well! 

Yes, I hope he was able to sleep thru the night, and wet without being wakened by his bladder. It's always great waking up totally refreshed, with an empty bladder and a full diaper!

I'm going to provide an update and then go back and respond to the recent posts.

This morning I woke up with some more bladder spasms.  I had barely wet my night diaper at all.  Over the course of about two hours it got worse.  I wasn't leaking at all.  My bladder felt full but I couldn't do anything about it.  I messaged Yuni.  She came pretty quickly, as I had a catheter (18 fr) and insertion kit here with me.  I had suggested I put it in.  We discussed and she then went to pick up some smaller catheters (14 fr) since I said I wished mine was smaller.  I was almost biting my finger off by the time she got the catheter in.  The bladder pressure was painful and scary.  I was so glad she was there.  More than a liter of urine slowly drained.  Dr. Ivan said to keep the catheter in for 10 more days, and take it out at home.  It was an immense relief once the pressure in my bladder started to go down.  Yuni saw the blood clot responsible for the blockage come out in the catheter.  I was thrilled that was the only reason for this.  There are residual blood clots that get released.  I am also somewhat glad to have the 14 fr catheter in as a step-down process to keep my healing with my urethra unblocked and open.

22 hours ago, CountryRandy said:

I have been following along and I am so envois of you!  How long will you be posting updates to your new adventure? I would love to know how you experience the world from here on. 

Thank you!  I will keep posting updates as long as there's anything interesting to say.  I definitely imagine I'll want to track my own incontinence level over the first year.

21 hours ago, mark686 said:

I am curios if the doctor gave you any restrictions like lifting and for how long? I may look into this down the road.

please keep us all updated.

I don't recall any lifting restrictions verbalized to me.  But I've been researching and aware of lifting restrictions for a while, and planned to avoid as much lifting as possible, even stopping.

21 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

You said you're flying home on Wednesday... Are you going back to work the next day, or do you still have some time off to heal and adapt to diapered life back home?

Do you have a waterproof cover on your mattress at home? You WILL have leaky diapers once in a while...

A few days ago I actually moved my flight up to Tuesday (tomorrow).  I am dying to get home.  And I'm glad to have a catheter so I don't encounter this issue on the plane.  I still have the rest of the week to recover at home before returning to work the following week.  Yes I have had a waterproof mattress set up at home for years.  It's going to be very important now!

2 hours ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

I hope night two was just as wet and all is still well! I have to say I miss the countdown theme of this thread, can we have some more counters, perhaps one for when you return home, return to work. Then I was also thinking since you haven't done long term 24/7 before, what's the longest you've gone wearing 24/7 since you were potty trained? It would be fun to have a counter til then 😂 

I think I can probably do a brand new catheter removal countdown 🤣

28 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

Yes, I hope he was able to sleep thru the night, and wet without being wakened by his bladder. It's always great waking up totally refreshed, with an empty bladder and a full diaper!

Looking forward to this after a while 🙏

• Like 1
  • Reddy changed the title to Getting Surgery in Mexico