LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting Surgery in Mexico

Hello,

As the title says, I am planning to have the incontinence surgery in Mexico that others have discussed.  I reached out to the center that performs the surgery last week, and I have been told it will result in complete and irreversible urinary incontinence.  I have wanted this all my life and I am ready. I will be planning to use this page to provide updates and answer any questions.  I am currently working on getting my passport, and have tentatively scheduled the surgery for March 2024.

Thanks and peace

Edit: the surgery date was moved up to Feb 12th, 2024

Edit on 2/16/2024: the thread title was changed from "Getting Surgery in Mexico" to "Got Surgery in Mexico" because I had the surgery on Monday, 2/12.

Edit: on 3/18/2024: a follow up surgery was scheduled for June 1, and the thread title was changed back to "Getting Surgery in Mexico"

• Like 7

Keep us posted, good luck! What is you current level of wearing? Already 24/7? Do your friends/family know? What's your "cover story" when you are forced to 24/7 after the surgery? What is the surgery, external urinary sphincterotomy? Prostate resection? Something else?

I have a lot of urinary and pelvic area dysfunction as is so I'll probably end up with more and more leakage without surgery as time goes on anyway but I am still curious about how this goes for you! 

There was another poster who recently had a thread about this procedure. He was scheduled for before the New Year iirc? I wonder how that went. The thread has disappeared. 

• Like 1

You need to do some very deep soul searching before this. I have been incontinent most of my life and though I love being in diapers some days you wish you could turn it off. I have now been in diapers full time for 18 years and though I love being this way, you just need to make sure you can afford to be in diapers all the time. Because buying diapers will be up there on your primary purchase list right after food. I wish you the best and that you can figure out for sure this is what you want.

And if your having the surgery in March of 2023…hope you got your Time Machine fired up.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Keep us posted, good luck! What is you current level of wearing? Already 24/7? Do your friends/family know? What's your "cover story" when you are forced to 24/7 after the surgery? What is the surgery, external urinary sphincterotomy? Prostate resection? Something else?

I have a lot of urinary and pelvic area dysfunction as is so I'll probably end up with more and more leakage without surgery as time goes on anyway but I am still curious about how this goes for you! 

There was another poster who recently had a thread about this procedure. He was scheduled for before the New Year iirc? I wonder how that went. The thread has disappeared. 

Thanks, I will keep you posted.  I haven't been wearing diapers very often.  I usually get tired of wearing them for no reason.  Only a couple people know I'm planning this.  I don't have a cover story yet.  The surgery is a transuretheral resection of the bladder neck, prostate, and sphincter.  I'm curious about the experience of others too, but I haven't heard many details.

2 hours ago, Txdiapered said:

You need to do some very deep soul searching before this. I have been incontinent most of my life and though I love being in diapers some days you wish you could turn it off. I have now been in diapers full time for 18 years and though I love being this way, you just need to make sure you can afford to be in diapers all the time. Because buying diapers will be up there on your primary purchase list right after food. I wish you the best and that you can figure out for sure this is what you want.

And if your having the surgery in March of 2023…hope you got your Time Machine fired up.

Thanks, that's a good insight.  When I learned about this last week I leapt at it.  That is a good point about it being expensive.  I'm hoping to save money by wearing cloth at night.  I'm just planning to figure it out as I go.  Oops!  I meant 2024 :P.  Let me fix that now.

• Like 1

I always worry about people getting surgery that doesn't always go the way that is expected.  I really hated when I first started to go incontinent about 10 years ago, and still would love to not need diapers 24/7, but I have learned to live with it. I have even found that their is excitement in being caught wet in public, or by a family member, so I guess I can understand a person willing to take the risk of unnecessary surgery to improve the mental quality of your life.

• Like 1

I can't speak for @Reddy, but I can for myself. There comes a point where you don't feel like yourself using a toilet. Every conceivable, rational bone in your body says that you should be, but you don't, and that the only way you can conceive that you will be is when you are totally incontinent.

There is no logic-ing or rationalizing with that level of drive. One would sooner tell someone who is CIS that they are gay. Or that the earth is flat..... OK, bad example. Regardless, its probably better to show how to get through the bad days then dissuade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

The poster was @wetguy13579. If you're reading, did you have your procedure yet? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Did you make out your will? I've been in surgery 5 times. You have no idea of what it takes in the way of prep and how clean things have to be. I have a good long talk with just about everyone involved and know what questions to ask just based on my natural curiosity. I suspect that the levels of preparation and other things are not what one would have full confidence in with a "gray market"; at best operation like this. For one thing, a reputable surgeion could get better money in the legitimate market and would not sully his or her reputation in the gray, market due to the questionable ethics involved. Why should he take the pay cut that a sullied reputation would entail?

Of course, you CAN keep BS'ing yourself and you might get lucky. These third-rate operations thrive on the fact that there is one born every minute. "Mexico" and "questionable medical procedures and products" have a  looooong history together, can you say "coffee enema cancer cure"?

• Thanks 1

This anecdote probably isn't helpful, because the circumstances are entirely different, but it sprung immediately to mind: my wife had an aunt who was sadly diagnosed with brain cancer in Canada, and she had a couple of surgeries to remove tumours, before being told that the last one she developed was inoperable, and that she should have palliative chemo and radiation and try to make the best of the time she had.

Her and her family harboured doubts about this explanation, and said that they thought the tumour had been deemed inoperable, because the health system didn't want to spend any more money on her, even though hundreds of thousands of dollars had already been spent, and, palliative chemo and radiation aren't free, either. She ended up going to Mexico for the surgery, and paying for it out of pocket, although at a fraction of what it would have cost in the US. She came back in a wheelchair, paralyzed on her lefthand side, and died a few months later.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I am supportive of this operation for folks who have committed to the lifestyle, 24/7, for many years because they know what they're getting into.  People who fly down south of the border on a whim are going to end up regretting it because they might not know what they're getting into and are thinking with their libido instead of their brain.  Make sure you, um, clean the pipes before going under sedation, just to make sure this is something you actually want.  

If you haven't accidentally leaked in public yet, you should not be having this operation.  Full stop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

She came back in a wheelchair, paralyzed on her lefthand side, and died a few months later.  

I don't know.  Sounds like she was close to going into hospice to wrap it up anyway.  My risk acceptance calculus changes dramatically when there's no other options to have a healthy recovery.  Spending a few extra months morphined to the gills isn't a pleasant existence, either.

I'm a big supporter of people going 24/7 and diaper training over time to need the diapers whether that is daywetting bedwetting or bowel IC because you will be living the life for  long time before you have to live the life forever and if after all the effort it take to become diaper dependent you have regrets I don't know what to telly you, choices do have consequences.  I am not a fan of surgery as an option.  This is an irreversible flip the switch type incontinence and by your own admission you tend to get tired of diapers.  If you had been 24/7 for a long time and just looking for the final push then fine but i think this is a mistake but like I said choices have consequences and you will have to live with them.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, DiapergirlWB said:

I'm a big supporter of people going 24/7 and diaper training over time to need the diapers whether that is daywetting bedwetting or bowel IC because you will be living the life for  long time before you have to live the life forever and if after all the effort it take to become diaper dependent you have regrets I don't know what to telly you, choices do have consequences.  I am not a fan of surgery as an option.  This is an irreversible flip the switch type incontinence and by your own admission you tend to get tired of diapers.  If you had been 24/7 for a long time and just looking for the final push then fine but i think this is a mistake but like I said choices have consequences and you will have to live with them.

I think what he means by "getting tired of wearing for no reason" is the appeal of wearing fades when the diapers are not necessary, not that there is no discernable reason for the appeal fading.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

Did you make out your will? I've been in surgery 5 times. You have no idea of what it takes in the way of prep and how clean things have to be. I have a good long talk with just about everyone involved and know what questions to ask just based on my natural curiosity. I suspect that the levels of preparation and other things are not what one would have full confidence in with a "gray market"; at best operation like this. For one thing, a reputable surgeion could get better money in the legitimate market and would not sully his or her reputation in the gray, market due to the questionable ethics involved. Why should he take the pay cut that a sullied reputation would entail?

Of course, you CAN keep BS'ing yourself and you might get lucky. These third-rate operations thrive on the fact that there is one born every minute. "Mexico" and "questionable medical procedures and products" have a  looooong history together, can you say "coffee enema cancer cure"?

No I never made out a will before, but I think that's a good idea before surgery.  I'm going to look into that.  I have been in surgery multiple times too, just never got around to doing my will.

I think you're right there's some element of luck... and I'm hoping to get lucky.  It's quite a risk, and I have to weigh that seriously.  I haven't heard of the coffee enema cancer cure but will look it up later.

3 hours ago, Elfy said:

Do you have a link to some information about this place online?

Yes, I pasted below exactly what user jimj posted in Ferix's thread.  That is how I learned about this surgery option.  I reached out to them myself and the below was accurate -

"Because this thread is being followed by many, and the question of surgery keeps coming up, I'd like to offer a data point. A company in Mexico offers surgery to make you incontinent. They can be reached at link below. At last inquiry, they want $25,000 for the procedure. That's all I know.
https://mexicotransgendercenter.us/"

12 hours ago, ken2988 said:

I always worry about people getting surgery that doesn't always go the way that is expected.  I really hated when I first started to go incontinent about 10 years ago, and still would love to not need diapers 24/7, but I have learned to live with it. I have even found that their is excitement in being caught wet in public, or by a family member, so I guess I can understand a person willing to take the risk of unnecessary surgery to improve the mental quality of your life.

Thanks, I think that’s a good and reasonable concern.  I'm hoping it goes as expected and I'm happy with it.

29 minutes ago, DAQ said:

I think what he means by "getting tired of wearing for no reason" is the appeal of wearing fades when the diapers are not necessary, not that there is no discernable reason for the appeal fading.

That's right - I get tired of the whole dog and pony show for something that's medically unnecessary.  I'm much more excited about diapers when I need them.

• Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Elfy said:

I looked at the link but I didn't see any reference to surgery to make you incontinent.

It is not listed on the website as far as I can tell. It seems to be an off-menu item, so to speak. If you email the contact listed on the website and ask about it directly, they would respond with information about it. You can also book a brief consultation for a fee.

Is the 25.000 USD for both bowel and urine incontinence? Did you get prices individually? (I'm only interested in the urine part)

Touching and removing some of the prostate is risky regarding sperm quality and ED. Did you consider those factors?

I strongly suggest you freeze some sperm before the operation, in case you ever want kids in the future, unless you already have multiple kids. Or at the very least do some serious soul searching on what is important in life and what you want to accomplish in your life, and are very very sure you'll never want kids in the future.

Its too late when some of the prostate is removed, and your sperm quality suddenly is degraded to useless. (The diapers themselves also does their part, keeping the testicles too warm permanently)

/D

12 minutes ago, Donaldo said:

Is the 25.000 USD for both bowel and urine incontinence? Did you get prices individually? (I'm only interested in the urine part)

Touching and removing some of the prostate is risky regarding sperm quality and ED. Did you consider those factors?

I strongly suggest you freeze some sperm before the operation, in case you ever want kids in the future, unless you already have multiple kids. Or at the very least do some serious soul searching on what is important in life and what you want to accomplish in your life, and are very very sure you'll never want kids in the future.

Its too late when some of the prostate is removed, and your sperm quality suddenly is degraded to useless. (The diapers themselves also does their part, keeping the testicles too warm permanently)

/D

Good points.  The procedure is only for urinary.  I'm not aware of anything they do for bowel incontinence, but didn't ask.

I don't want any kids.  I'm sure 👍

I wonder if anyone has experience with using Botox to temporary disable the sphincter and induce leakage? It could be a good dry-run (wet-run?) for simulating the type of incontinence a sphincter resection induces?

I am generally averse to the idea of surgery for myself, but I am a big believer in letting people make their own choices. Ive had genital surgery before (orchiopexy to address testicular torsion), and it was enormously painful and I still have issues (tmi, but my balls are stitched to my scrotum, to prevent them from tangling themselves, but they painfully pull on the skin during intercourse and general movement). I imagine at the least your erections will be painful after this surgery.

As other mentioned, I'd be concerned with how the prostate resection would affect sexual function and your ability to ejaculate (as well as fertility, if you're straight). What's the fun in being a constantly leaking diaper user if you cant orgasm!

8 hours ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

I wonder if anyone has experience with using Botox to temporary disable the sphincter and induce leakage? It could be a good dry-run (wet-run?) for simulating the type of incontinence a sphincter resection induces?

I am generally averse to the idea of surgery for myself, but I am a big believer in letting people make their own choices. Ive had genital surgery before (orchiopexy to address testicular torsion), and it was enormously painful and I still have issues (tmi, but my balls are stitched to my scrotum, to prevent them from tangling themselves, but they painfully pull on the skin during intercourse and general movement). I imagine at the least your erections will be painful after this surgery.

As other mentioned, I'd be concerned with how the prostate resection would affect sexual function and your ability to ejaculate (as well as fertility, if you're straight). What's the fun in being a constantly leaking diaper user if you cant orgasm!

There was a user here at one point who's goal was to do this very thing. @BoToxI seem to recall it not just being a name but a goal. Were you able to do it eventually?

• Thanks 1

Today's update.  The surgery is scheduled for March, I have the time off from work, and I'm working on getting an expedited passport.

It's starting to feel very real, and I'm surprised at how confident I am about it.  I figured I would have second thoughts by now.  But (so far) I'm just getting really happy about this.

I haven't figured out how to tell certain people I'm incontinent, once this happens.  I worry about my family.  I don't want them to feel bad for me.  I'll be thinking a lot about what the right thing to do is there.

3 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

So how hard was it to schedule the surgery? Did they question your motives? Did they require a referral from a psychologist, like some docs do for SRS surgeries?

It wasn't too hard.  I decided to have a consultation with the surgeon but that's not required.  I asked him that question and he said well it's an Irregular surgery, and nobody's going to approve it.  So they don't require anything.  They don't question the motive at all.

I assume the surgery is done thru the urethra and no other incisions are made in the groin? Did he say you would need diapers by the time you left Mexico? Or would you still have a catheter in?

I did go to the website, and inquired about the surgery. Here's a cut and paste of the email they sent me:

*********************************************************************************

Hello dear -----

Thank you for contacting Mexico Transgender Center. We are the most affordable TOP QUALITY transgender care provider in North America with over 12 successful years in business.

Yes, we also specialize in incontinence procedures.

Currently, this surgery costs $24,899 USD. This procedure can be done at our location in Guadalajara.

You can return home in about 10-12 days.

Sincerely, -------- (Patient coordinator - MTC)

• Reddy changed the title to Getting Surgery in Mexico