LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting Surgery in Mexico

1 hour ago, Diapered Dave said:

Reddy said:

"He said that sometimes it's hard to achieve incontinence and if I am not incontinent, we will be in touch about my level of incontinence and come back 3 weeks later and have another procedure to resect everything that is left."

I hope you get the incontinence you want with the surgery you just had... BUT the thought that crosses my mind, is why didn't he "resect everything that is left." in the first place?

Does maid service at the hotel interrupt your rest? I imagine that not every guest stays in their room everyday, with a catheter bag hanging on the bed... Wait until Saturday, and you're filling the waste basket with wet diapers! 😄

Are you on pain meds and antibiotics?

Simple answer on why you don't get "everything": bleeding.  You need to make sure what you did cut can fully heal without causing blood loss, strictures, or worse. Three weeks is enough time for the first round to heal well enough to make a second procedure safe.

• Like 3

I have been reading and very glad as well for it to be done and only a few days till you are in diapers. I Will keep following to see how its going.

• Like 1

I'd love to hear you talk about all of this and future stories/struggles/lessons on a podcast. If any host asks you in the future... just putting it out there. 

How are you feeling? Have you got everything you need? 

• Like 2

Have you been missing diapers since the surgery? Did you open your new packages thinking about your future dependence on them soon?

Also, just curious if you have already taken care of pubic hair removal via laser or electrolysis?

Can't wait to hear your updates!

• Like 1

I was reading about the recovery from turp, and it mentioned how usually the catheter comes out by day 3, is your surgeon leaving it in longer because he cut more tissue that normal? to ensure it heals right? 

Apparently pooping can be difficult after a prostate surgery, how have your bowel movements been?

7 hours ago, boyhood said:

Also, just curious if you have already taken care of pubic hair removal via laser or electrolysis?

I've been considering getting everything waxed but electrolysis is intriguing! Seeing as reddy will be diapered for life perhaps that's a good thing to consider.

Hi everybody!

I don't have much news to report except that my collection bag started looking like regular urine after the first day or so back at the hotel.  I have been extremely slow moving, spending most of the days in bed, and sleeping at least 12 hours a night.  I'm sensitive to any movement and coughing/sneezing.  This morning I moved something and the pain at the tip of my penis was strong, and I took some extra tylenol and it eventually helped a lot.  I hated it when it hadn't kicked in yet!  Lol.  I am just really, really looking forward to getting this catheter out on Saturday!!

21 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

Reddy said:

"He said that sometimes it's hard to achieve incontinence and if I am not incontinent, we will be in touch about my level of incontinence and come back 3 weeks later and have another procedure to resect everything that is left."

I hope you get the incontinence you want with the surgery you just had... BUT the thought that crosses my mind, is why didn't he "resect everything that is left." in the first place?

Does maid service at the hotel interrupt your rest? I imagine that not every guest stays in their room everyday, with a catheter bag hanging on the bed... Wait until Saturday, and you're filling the waste basket with wet diapers! 😄

Are you on pain meds and antibiotics?

The first part @BrownBobby already answered best, but yes they interrupt me a little, until they finally come in and I can tell them no se necessita nada and they feel bad and leave.  But that's nothing compared to just having a catheter itself.  I think incontinence or no, just by having this taken out, I should be happy for the rest of my life! 🤣

Yes, I am on antibiotics and pain meds, and I am also allowed to take additional tylenol, but no aspirin, ibuprofen, or anything else due to bleeding risk.

19 hours ago, foreverdl said:

I have been reading and very glad as well for it to be done and only a few days till you are in diapers. I Will keep following to see how its going.

Thank you!  Yes only two days left.  It is funny, I don't "feel" incontinent at all, so I mostly expect to have the catheter out and then go back to my normal life.  It doesn't seem like anything is different.  If I am incontinent it will feel all new and strange to me when I discover it.  We shall see!

12 hours ago, TJ-DL said:

I'd love to hear you talk about all of this and future stories/struggles/lessons on a podcast. If any host asks you in the future... just putting it out there. 

How are you feeling? Have you got everything you need? 

That could be very interesting.  Might not be a bad idea!  I don't mind sharing.

I am feeling okay, not bad since I realized I can take tylenol on top of everything else.  The pain meds I have aren't like vicodin or anything, it's some kind of antispasmodic paired with a locally popular pain reliever.  I wish it was hydrocodone.  So pairing the tylenol helps a lot with that.

I have what I need, yesterday I ordered room service for the first time, and I might do it again tonight.  Thanks!

11 hours ago, boyhood said:

Have you been missing diapers since the surgery? Did you open your new packages thinking about your future dependence on them soon?

I haven't really missed diapers since I hadn't been wearing them very much, but I am very curious how it will be after the catheter.

I hadn't thought about that but I would definitely pursue laser hair removal!  Maybe I'll look into that soon.  Good idea!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

I was reading about the recovery from turp, and it mentioned how usually the catheter comes out by day 3, is your surgeon leaving it in longer because he cut more tissue that normal? to ensure it heals right? 

Apparently pooping can be difficult after a prostate surgery, how have your bowel movements been?

I've been considering getting everything waxed but electrolysis is intriguing! Seeing as reddy will be diapered for life perhaps that's a good thing to consider.

I'm not sure why my catheter is in longer.  It must be that the surgery is more extensive.

My bowel movements have been... irregular.  I have only gone twice and it hasn't been solid.  I'm grateful I'm not dealing with constipation.  It could be this medication they gave me?  But I'm not sure.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

Has Yuni been checking up on you at the hotel? And what all does she do?

I haven't needed her to come back yet so she hasn't come back.  She just helped me get set up on the first day back at the hotel on Tuesday.

She offered to help me shower but I said no.

1 hour ago, Reddy said:

I'm not sure why my catheter is in longer.  It must be that the surgery is more extensive.

My bowel movements have been... irregular.  I have only gone twice and it hasn't been solid.  I'm grateful I'm not dealing with constipation.  It could be this medication they gave me?  But I'm not sure.

This is a common side effect of the antibiotic you're taking, combined with the (hopefully) extra fluids and earlier fasting. :)

In short, don't worry too much about it. :)

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, BrownBobby said:

This is a common side effect of the antibiotic you're taking, combined with the (hopefully) extra fluids and earlier fasting. :)

In short, don't worry too much about it. :)

Ok, that's good!

Yes, I just poured the last of the 10L jug Yuni gave me on Tuesday.  It's barely lasted 48 hours.

I have about 10L left in various bottles and packs of water I purchased so I should survive now.

I just finished taking a shower and getting dressed again.  It took a long time but I think it was worth it.

Time for meds!  Yay.

And then tonight I think I will order more room service.

2 hours ago, Reddy said:

I haven't needed her to come back yet so she hasn't come back.  She just helped me get set up on the first day back at the hotel on Tuesday.

She offered to help me shower but I said no.

Hey why not let a nurse help you shower? it may be fun🤪😁

I've been following this for a while, but I wanted to drop in and say congrats on your procedure! I'm glad everything went well. I look forward to hearing about your cathless life on Saturday. 😃

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Reddy said:

It is funny, I don't "feel" incontinent at all, so I mostly expect to have the catheter out and then go back to my normal life.  It doesn't seem like anything is different.  If I am incontinent it will feel all new and strange to me when I discover it. 

That would be the best outcome as far as I'm concerned. Everything feels the same and normal, but you can't stop peeing. That's what I really like about my stent. But of course the same result without the use of a stent would be a new level of excitement.

10 hours ago, Reddy said:

I haven't really missed diapers since I hadn't been wearing them very much, but I am very curious how it will be after the catheter.

Get ready for a pleasant surprise. If your incontinence turns out to be the same as I experience with the help of a stent, you will very quickly appreciate diapers in a completely different way. 

I'm still fascinated that you decided to become incontinent without long-term experience with simulated incontinence, let alone wearing diapers for long periods of time. Would you consider yourself a diaper lover or is your fascination more focused on incontinence, where wearing diapers is just a logical outcome? If the latter, would you mind sharing at what point in your life this fascination began?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When the surgeon said that you can go back for more if it is required, would that cost you more of would that be part of what you've already paid?

On 2/15/2024 at 1:51 AM, TJ-DL said:

I am wondering, do you have a podcast going for diapers or incontinence already? If so is it possible to share the name and where it can be found. I, and probably others, would enjoy listening to it. It would be awesome to hear Reddy give his point of view regarding his incontinence desires, the operation, the outcome of the surgery and how it has changed his life.

Reddy... One more day, and the catheter comes out!! When will it be removed? Morning, afternoon?

Has the pain been diminishing?  After the catheter is out, and you're in diapers, will you be able to get out and walk around somewhat?

I think we're all looking forward to finding out how incontinent you've become...

• Like 2

IMG-20240216-WA0008.thumb.jpg.b8a078ebc7eb17e8716f10b78fe53cdb.jpg

Only one more day (unless I can convince them to let me have the catheter out today!)

19 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

Did you bring a bed pad with you? Those diapers you bought there - they might not make it through the night, after your catheter is removed.

No I didn't.  I'm thinking I will at least need to double diaper with those, if I end up to be incontinent.

18 hours ago, foreverdl said:

Hey why not let a nurse help you shower? it may be fun🤪😁

Ha!

13 hours ago, bwakee said:

I've been following this for a while, but I wanted to drop in and say congrats on your procedure! I'm glad everything went well. I look forward to hearing about your cathless life on Saturday. 😃

Thank you!  I will definitely be giving updates about everything once the cath is out!

11 hours ago, cathdiap said:

That would be the best outcome as far as I'm concerned. Everything feels the same and normal, but you can't stop peeing. That's what I really like about my stent. But of course the same result without the use of a stent would be a new level of excitement.

Get ready for a pleasant surprise. If your incontinence turns out to be the same as I experience with the help of a stent, you will very quickly appreciate diapers in a completely different way. 

I'm still fascinated that you decided to become incontinent without long-term experience with simulated incontinence, let alone wearing diapers for long periods of time. Would you consider yourself a diaper lover or is your fascination more focused on incontinence, where wearing diapers is just a logical outcome? If the latter, would you mind sharing at what point in your life this fascination began?

I do hope it's like that.  Everything feeling normal, but with constant dripping.

I am definitely a diaper lover.  But I always wished to have the need to wear diapers.  The fascination with diapers was from my first moments, but I didn't start trying to make myself incontinent (with futile, dangerous methods) until late middle school/early high school ages.

7 hours ago, Elfy said:

When the surgeon said that you can go back for more if it is required, would that cost you more of would that be part of what you've already paid?

My assumption is that if I come back in three weeks, it would be included in what I already paid.  But since I won't be able to do that, any revision I have years later I assume would be a new cost.

2 hours ago, michael1538 said:

I am wondering, do you have a podcast going for diapers or incontinence already? If so is it possible to share the name and where it can be found. I, and probably others, would enjoy listening to it. It would be awesome to hear Reddy give his point of view regarding his incontinence desires, the operation, the outcome of the surgery and how it has changed his life.

No, I don't have one.  But more and more I am considering it.

11 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

Reddy... One more day, and the catheter comes out!! When will it be removed? Morning, afternoon?

Has the pain been diminishing?  After the catheter is out, and you're in diapers, will you be able to get out and walk around somewhat?

I think we're all looking forward to finding out how incontinent you've become...

I'm not sure what the timing will be.  I hope it will be early!  The pain is less now, but still I have the catheter pain.  Mostly the pain only ever seemed to be from the catheter, so I hope for a great improvement once it is removed.  I will definitely try to walk gently for a bit each day, working up steadily to my full day of travel on Wednesday.

I concur... I very much want to know how incontinent I am!

I would add that most likely the best incontinence would be at first, and it's very likely I will develop lifelong strictures that are both painful and cause difficulty urinating.  The honeymoon may last a month, and then the complications may set in.  Nothing is certain, but I'm aware things may get rough.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Reddy said:

strictures that are both painful and cause difficulty urinating

Is there a protocol you can follow to lesson the likelihood that they could develop - weekly catheter insertion, something like that? I guess the cause of the strictures comes down to scar tissue binding together? 

I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing how you are making out in the coming days and weeks. Thank you for so frankly and openly sharing such a deeply personal decision and experience. 

10 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

Is there a protocol you can follow to lesson the likelihood that they could develop - weekly catheter insertion, something like that? I guess the cause of the strictures comes down to scar tissue binding together? 

I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing how you are making out in the coming days and weeks. Thank you for so frankly and openly sharing such a deeply personal decision and experience. 

I wonder the same thing about a protocol.  Whatever there is, I will follow.  So far I have been taking several supplements to try to prevent scarring (quercetin, proteolytic enzymes, turmeric, resveratrol, vitamin C, garlic... basically anything I can think of with even the slightest chance of helping).  I will also take anti-inflammatories including ibuprofen and low-dose aspirin daily for months once the bleeding risk has passed.

I may just go ahead with weekly catheterization.  That's the protocol after urethrotomy to stave off recurrence of stricture.  I'm sure it could help preventing them in the first place.

Although instead of catheterization I might just use a urethral sounding kit for increasing dilation of the entire urethra.

I think for me it will really become a journey about uretheal health and stricture treatment/prevention going forward. 🙏

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Reddy said:

I may just go ahead with weekly catheterization.  That's the protocol after urethrotomy to stave off recurrence of stricture.  I'm sure it could help preventing them in the first place.

Maybe use a catheter one night per week? It will also give your skin a chance to recover from all the wetness it will be exposed to the rest of the week.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, cathdiap said:

Maybe use a catheter one night per week? It will also give your skin a chance to recover from all the wetness it will be exposed to the rest of the week.

That's a good suggestion.  I think I will develop a habit of both urethral sounding and intermittent catheterization.  It would be truly amazing to prevent a stricture this way, and I think worth the effort.  Very good point about the skin, too.

IMG-20240216-WA0008.thumb.jpg.b8a078ebc7eb17e8716f10b78fe53cdb.jpg

Confirmed: catheter will come out early tomorrow.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Reddy said:

Confirmed: catheter will come out early tomorrow.

Great! Can't wait to read about the degree of incontinence and even more excited to read your first reaction to actually being incontinent for the first time. 

• Like 2
  • Reddy changed the title to Getting Surgery in Mexico