LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How many diaper models do you have in regular rotation?

How many diaper models do you have in regular rotation?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How many diaper models do you feel you need to have access to, in order to navigate all of life's situations?

• I only wear one diaper model or type, for all situations.
    • I can get by with 2 options.
    • I prefer having 3-4 options available.
    • Variety is the spice of life - I wear 5 or more diaper brands/models/types regularly.

I commissioned a previous survey (August 2023) on a similar topic: are diapers like clothing to you, or are they more like consumables (paper towel, etc)? 

The topic has come up again; last night, my wife started complaining about the number of diaper boxes I have in inventory, but also, how many were open at the same time. She pointed out that when our kids were babies, we only really opened one case of diapers at at time for them, but I pointed out that not too many babies go to gyms, meetings, out drinking, to weddings, etc. I need at least a few options in terms of capacity vs slimness, and plastic vs cloth-backed, but I prefer to also have a plethora of options in terms of appearance and feel - printed and white, tapes vs hook/loop. But I recognize that maybe I'm being a little ridiculous about it. 

SO, I thought I'd open a poll, but also ask people if they wouldn't mind dropping a few sentences as well - if you are one of those people who, say, only wears MegaMax or BetterDry or whatever, how you manage to do that? I feel like I need at least a few options to navigate all the situations I find myself in. Or, if you prefer to have options, how many do you need? 

KISS: Keep It Simple; Stupid. More things means more "moving" parts.. Now, if I wanted to go 18 or more  hours between changes, I would just double up what I have. Since I am a Little Girl, I can  be in fairly thick diapers since I am in skirts that are loose at the hem

Also cloth diapers are less complex in structure so less chance of failure and they and rubber panties do not eat up space in the landfill, Once I wash them, I know where they have been and in the end, are cheaper and do not feel so low-grade/institutional/"peasant pants"; they feel like real clothes and therefore for real persons

Before prefolds, higher performance was gotten by doubling and even tripling what you had since it was all flats

• Like 1

I prefer variety. Most have come from simply trying out different brands/models to see what I prefer. I still sample now and again but I do have several specific ones I go to for different needs and wants like more capacity for lazing about, slimmer/more flexible for working out, hook-loop for quick change-outs, etc.

• Like 1

It is Better Dry for the majority of the time. But, if usage is up, I'll substitute a Crinklz (it's just Aquanaut because I'm swimming in pee). There's claims that those two diapers are essentially the same and I'd have to agree. I have InControl Hybrid Elite for special occasions. I'm sure there's a Rearz equivalent (but have no idea what it is). The Elite is probably the best diaper I've seen and is el primo. Too expensive for daily use, but if I was wealthy...

• Like 1

I've been thinking that I seem to be more comfortable wearing diapers when I'm in a good mood and not so much when I'm feeling depressed or upset.

So when things started improving for me a few months ago I ordered five packs of disposables of different models (two were the same model but different sizes).

I'm glad that I tried the different types.  I was most excited about trying the Molicare Elastic diapers.  This is because I'm weird and like the cloth-backed sort.  They are well-built but unfortunately there's a large difference between the medium size and the large size, which would be called extra-large I think if sold by another company.

What I'm trying to say is that although I have a subjective preference for cloth-backed diapers, the TENA Slip Maxi Active Fit is objectively the best of the types that I've been trying in this most recent experiment by a significant margin despite having a plastic shell.

So I can now answer the question: I currently have five varied packs of disposables and a fluffy stack of cloth diapers in the bunny nursery :)

• Like 1
21 hours ago, ppdude said:

The Elite is probably the best diaper I've seen and is el primo. Too expensive for daily use, but if I was wealthy...

If you can, try Incontrol's new BeDry Night - they have a higher ISO rating than the Elite does, and while that is largely meaningless, by the seat of my pants, I find them to be very capacious. Their construction is nearly identical - a white diaper with hook/loop tabs and grey "parking spots" on the landing zone. They had a sale when they launched them that made them a good deal, relative to their capacity, and they will be running sales again I'm sure - the next big one is probably their Warehouse Sale, which is usually in early July. If you can get them buy-one-get-one-half-off (a typical deal), or, at a flat 25% off, they'll be a bargain. 

On 1/4/2024 at 2:48 PM, ppdude said:

It is Better Dry for the majority of the time. But, if usage is up, I'll substitute a Crinklz (it's just Aquanaut because I'm swimming in pee). There's claims that those two diapers are essentially the same and I'd have to agree. I have InControl Hybrid Elite for special occasions. I'm sure there's a Rearz equivalent (but have no idea what it is). The Elite is probably the best diaper I've seen and is el primo. Too expensive for daily use, but if I was wealthy...

Crinklz and BetterDry are the same. You can even just look at the packaging (design/labeling/layout/text). It's a perfect match except for the print/pattern of the diapers (aqua/space/original etc).

As I have been in search of a comfortable product for like 30 years, I have several open.    Though the last couple of years, pull ups are getting pretty close.   I may have one or two products open in wide open view at a time plus whatever stuffed under the bed.  One side of the bed is viewable due to amount of stuff under it.

I  have several different brands and absorbencies depending on the life style situation.  I even have some cheap burner ones  for short duration or even I feel like wearing all day, but using the toilet instead.  

• Like 1

I wear the overnight betterdrys when I wear. The only time I have more than one brand in my closet is when I splurge and buy a package of AB print. But normally just the case of betterdrys. 

• Like 1

A box of about a dozen cloth diapers/boosters and 22 pairs of waterproof pants in various colors and designs and a case of Rearz disposables that I wear very occasionally due to the cost. (Cloth is much more e conomical).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am still only starting to explore wearing diapers so I tend to buy sample packs that have different patterns etc.  Granted I am not a full time user or player so I don't need as many as other folks that use them all the time.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have several favorite go-to diapers: Megamax, Sunkiss Masterpiece plastic backed diapers from Amazon, in white or pink, Rearz Vintage, and Rearz Active Air cloth back and Northshore Go Supreme pullups for when I want something that's still absorbent but more discreet than a plastic backed diaper.

• Like 1

I wear one type of washable for daytime in the summer, and a different type in the winter months - the winter ones are too bulky to get away with under shorts, but hold more.  At night I prefer terry nappies - they never leak for me, but they're too bulky for daytime.  When we go away I switch to disposables, and I like to try all sorts of different ones.  Betterdry if I've got to be a bit careful someone might find them in my bag, but preferably printed - Astronauts, Overnights, etc etc.  For long walks I wear Tena pullups as they chafe least and don't disintegrate with wear.  So - loads of different ones.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Sunkiss Masterpiece

I've never heard of these, I'll have to check them out. I'm amazed at how many products exist out there in this category. I'm constantly hearing about new ones. 

7 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I've never heard of these, I'll have to check them out. I'm amazed at how many products exist out there in this category. I'm constantly hearing about new ones. 

My experience with the Sunkiss brand diapers on Amazon: the plastic backs are wonderful; absorbent with strong tapes. Never had one break. The cloth backed have nice aborbency but the tabs tend to rip off the top part of the cloth and don't stay in place. And they're not as absorbent as the plastic backed ones; I've had a few leaks. 

• Like 1

I pretty much buy one diaper type. It used to be Confidry 24/7 but now I use Betterdrys. Rather than use different diapers depending on the length of time I plan to be in it or the location I'm going to be wearing it at I use one diaper and just change it as needed.

We seem to be polar opposites in diaper purchasing and use. I buy reasonably capable diapers at the lowest price point because at the end of the day I'm going to throw it away. If I change into a fresh diaper after getting up in the morning but I'm going out at noon and not returning until early evening, I'll change my diaper right before going out the door regardless of any unused capacity. I know the diaper I put on in the morning won't last until I get home in the evening so I change it strategically. You would tend to put on a Tranquility ATN in the morning faced with the same scenario expecting it to be at the very end of it's duty cycle when you change before leaving. There's no right or wrong way, we just see it differently.

Hugs,

Freta

I wear Kins cloth prefolds doubled with the Rearz night weight cloth diapers at night.  During the day it can be a Depends Fit Flex pullup or a Kins pull-on cloth diaper.  Love the cloth but sometimes wish to be more discreet in the day.