LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Trash CHanges Part 2

DailyDi

A while back I complained that they switched our garbage service from use-your-own-cans with twice-weekly pick-up. To one uniform can with once a week pickup.

As expected one can has proven not to be enough for little family and the extra trash that incontinence/ABDL creates. Tomorrow is trash day and the can is already full, and we have a bag waiting for next week, and could easily fill another bag if we empties all the household cans today.

The city has finally relented and will let us get a second can, but they are charging $120 for it! Going to be tough to scratch up an extra hundro.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

A while back I complained that they switched our garbage service from use-your-own-cans with twice-weekly pick-up. To one uniform can with once a week pickup.

As expected one can has proven not to be enough for little family and the extra trash that incontinence/ABDL creates. Tomorrow is trash day and the can is already full, and we have a bag waiting for next week, and could easily fill another bag if we empties all the household cans today.

The city has finally relented and will let us get a second can, but they are charging $120 for it! Going to be tough to scratch up an extra hundro.

This is grossly indecent but you could just add it to your neighbor's can or let it pile up until they pick it up like they do in the big city.

I had a similar experience where the neighbor routinely adds to my pile despite objections. They always have some lame excuse.

That limit isn't right. Households with more people= more trash, especially with incontinence etc. Would that be disability discrimination? Too bad there wasn't someone you could complain to to make them more understanding and flexible. :(  The city bureaucrats in charge should have to spend a day in ye olde stocks but instead of people throwing rotten fruit at them, you get to throw used diapers at them. 

3 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

That limit isn't right. Households with more people= more trash, especially with incontinence etc. Would that be disability discrimination? Too bad there wasn't someone you could complain to to make them more understanding and flexible. :( 

I tried talking to them, got brick-walled. Even getting them to "allow" a second can took pressure.

1 minute ago, DailyDi said:

I tried talking to them, got brick-walled. Even getting them to "allow" a second can took pressure.

At least they begrudgingly let you have a second one. That should be free IMO. They're a bunch of stinky turds. :( 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

At least they begrudgingly let you have a second one. That should be free IMO. They're a bunch of stinky turds. :( 

Yeah. We’ll come up with the money for it, we have too. 

1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

The "city" is IDIOTIC:  How many people out there are incontinent?  In the City that you live?  Do they actually think that anyone that is in our position of being incontinent should be PUNISHED?  If I were in your position @DailyDi, I'd throw an ADA complaint at the city.  because you ARE considered disabled........They should NOT be able to charge you $120 for the right to have 2 cans:  You NEED them!  For Example, I sometimes have to empty mine 3 times in a week, if I have alot of volume:  I'd hate to be a Daycare or Adult Day Services provider or facility, where you obviously would HAVE to change diapers, and that creates trash, and where are you supposed to put it, and how often do they pick it up?   

4 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

That limit isn't right. Households with more people= more trash, especially with incontinence etc. Would that be disability discrimination? Too bad there wasn't someone you could complain to to make them more understanding and flexible. :(  The city bureaucrats in charge should have to spend a day in ye olde stocks but instead of people throwing rotten fruit at them, you get to throw used diapers at them. 

@Cute_Kittenis CORRECT:  This "limit" is something that some fat cat in your local municipal government set, and it has no baring on the ability to pick it up, and dispose of it.  If you just started throwing them away in black trash bags, they could SEE how many of them you fill with diapers and how much is just household trash!  When incontinent, you USE your diapers, and that is THAT!  This limit is ridiculous:  GET them!!

WRONG:  those fat cats need to spend a MONTH or TWO doing everything Mikey does, using his cans as he does, and BTW, they have to also wear and USE diapers for two months.  That way, they'd see how a IC person has to deal with the trash load, and they would also "relent" because they would probably complain to the city as Mikey did!

In my Mind, This IS DISCRIMINATION:  Based on Disability, and If I am right, the ADA covers Incontinence, as a MEDICAL BONA FIDE Condition! 

I seriously would do it Mikey:  and, WHY does it cost $120?  Is that for the physical CAN, or is that for the right to HAVE the can and its Cost?  Sounds STEEP :(

Good Luck Boss hehehehe :)

Brian

Start ( discreetly) tossing garbage bags w/ used diapers into public garbage cans...if done right, not a problem.

Out here, such cans are always found co-located with bus stops.

If anyKarens start busting your chops ( very unlikely) tell the truth...you're a member of the public putting garbage in a PUBLIC garbage container.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ~Brian~ said:

In my Mind, This IS DISCRIMINATION:  Based on Disability, and If I am right, the ADA covers Incontinence, as a MEDICAL BONA FIDE Condition! 

I seriously would do it Mikey:  and, WHY does it cost $120?  Is that for the physical CAN, or is that for the right to HAVE the can and its Cost?  Sounds STEEP :(

The ADA only requires "reasonable accommodation" and even to me, granting the second can meets that minimum.

As for the cost, they are thick, heavy cans with a smart-chip in them to line them up with the trash truck. I trust the price is near cost.

Sure to me it stings as a disabled "tax" but I'm not one for attention either, so I'll quietly pay it when I can lol.

• Like 1

As long as it's a once-and-only payment.  That would suck if you end up having to pay that every quarter! (or worse every month).

Here, I don't have municipal trash collection where I live.  It's all private.  So I would have to set up a contract with one of them for collection - which is typically twice a week here.  However, I'm cheap.  Once a week or every other week I load up what I have and take it to the county transfer station.  It's free drop off for 500lb and under.  Since it's a short detour on my way to work, I'm not having to make a special trip to do it. 

• Like 1

This is one of the problems in the US. They can do whatever they want and if you are poor you can't do anything because they know you can't afford a lawyer. If it were me, I'd call the ACLU. They will represent you for free. They work for the little guy, not the fat cats.

Hugs,

Freta

• Sad 1

A local mayor was upset at how much he was paying for trash pickup, others in the Village were paying less. So he proposed and got passed a new payment structure. His trash bill went down. Another couple that composted and used their business dumpster had been paying zero, they put out no trash to be picked up. They are now paying the same as the mayor.

There might be reasons, such as simply they went with new trash trucks, such as the ones that pick up from the side of the road. You know the ones that grabs the cans and dumps them without the driver having to hop out and mess with the cans. In some cases they have to use specific cans to work with the trucks. Thats about the only legitimate reason I can see for a trash can costing so much.

Its also rather flaky as some folks produce far less trash than others. Hell, my area, we got a dumpster, its like 100 bucks a month. Sense been doing remodling and cleanup, having the dumpster is way easyer than trash can pickup. They come to us, rather than having to put cans out by the street.

The guy next door does the can thing, and he pays like twice what we do on a monthly basis.

Sadly this sounds like he lives in a city, or a subdivision, considering the shocking and sudden change, I expect a sub division, and the HOA made the change so they could ppocket some extra money.

WHen I was living in chicago, the city did the trash can swap thing, was partly an atempt to reduce the number of rats in the city. The new cans where saposed to be critter proof. In that case, the city paid for it all, and in one case replaced one can that someone had set on fire without cost to us.

I'd think it probably has more to do with trying to incentivise people to recycle more. But unfortunately not everyone is just too lazy to recycle, some people have trash that isn't recyclable.

15 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

This is one of the problems in the US. They can do whatever they want and if you are poor you can't do anything because they know you can't afford a lawyer. If it were me, I'd call the ACLU. They will represent you for free. They work for the little guy, not the fat cats.

Hugs,

Freta

This is a problem in the rest of the world too. 

Here (Norway) they pick up trash ONCE a month.
Before they emptied every 2 weeks, and it was full.
Now I have to find alternate places to throw away my trash.

We have 4 bins, trash, paper, glass and metal, food.

This was predictable -- and predicted 30 years ago and is a product of what was labelled in the 1970's as the "throw-away culture", Environmentalism with its bans on burning and unrealistically high standards for incinerators, and "NIMBY", which heavily limited the siting of dumps (I know the swells call them "landfills" but I'm Real People; not the pseudo-intellectual eco-hipsters who never did a day's work in their lives). Well, now the bill is due. I do not have any of the problems reported here because I'm not filling dumpster with thisposable this and throw-away that. I never got hooked into that grid. I use regular grocery bags for thorwing away trash and use the big bags sparingly. Of regular clothes, I bought a washer and dryer big enough so that I do may laundry once a month. I use cloth diapers, and since I am now on water pills and have one of the other aging problems, I may need some form of protection and will investigate re-usable means to that end. I do not drink through a straw: When I was a kid, the word was "that's for babies". As far as plastic bag pollution, Those "sargasso sea"s of plastic bags that we find in the ocian are a product of Africa and Asia, not North America or Europe. What could also be done is for the bags we use to be made to be re-usiabe. The old paper bag system had about 5 sizes. The average grocery store bag is really a small medium and they could use two more sizes up and one down. Many of the orders I have taken out that use 3 bags could have fit in one large paper bag 45. The next thing that could do is make the bags of thicker material, about 3 times what it is now. That would make them re-usable like we used to do with paper bags 45-50 years ago. Now, I don't think we have the storage fo paper bags like we used to after two generation s of plastic bags, of which, even the larger ones can be folded into something very compact. That would make them more re-usable and reasonable garbage and trash bags. As it stands now, the average plastic bag is neither degradable enough to be properly disposable nor sturdy enough to be trustworkthy as a re-usable item, so up the quality and size range. Back in the 50's and '60's, we used to save and re-use paper bags a few more times: "Waste not; want not", as a matter of course, Refrigerators had a funny kind of pull-out bin in the bottom where we used to put them

As I said, the bill is coming due. And that is just ONE bill