LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Reverse engineering a diaper

I suspect that a specific disposable diaper is little more than a "recipe" of input materials and a set of configuration settings on a very large machine that punches them out.

I suspect that the overwhelming proportion of these things were getting pushed out by a very small cohort of Chinese manufacturers.

I'd probably start by trying to work out WHICH manufacturer these things came out of and seeing if they'd do a run for you.  I'm not sure what the intellectual property considerations of this would be but since the original vendor has abandoned this product, I suspect the usual Chinese industrial "flexibility" on that matter would prevail.   I'd imagine that their minimum production run would still be an intimidating quantity.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, oznl said:

I'd probably start by trying to work out WHICH manufacturer these things came out of and seeing if they'd do a run for you.  

Wouldnt that usually involve ordering an entire shipping container full of them?

2 hours ago, barnburner said:

Wouldnt that usually involve ordering an entire shipping container full of them?

Yep.  My words were 😆

2 hours ago, oznl said:

I'd imagine that their minimum production run would still be an intimidating quantity.

I believe the production runs start at 10,000 units. I could be wrong though. Note that you will also have to pay shipping, import duties, and other various fees just to get your diapers.

This guy bought a Chinese truck off Alibaba, the first 9 minutes are a bit about the truck, but mostly what he went through to get it delivered and out of the port.

Chinese manufacturers do tend to be flexible about IP infringement. I've seen a few copies of NorthShore MegaMax for sale.

You might want to check out Wish, AliExpress, and the other direct exporters. They may already be selling knockoffs.

Thanks for the replies. Where would I find out which company manufactured the Comfidry 24/7s?  I previously read somewhere that they were originally manufactured in Israel and then moved the manufacturing to the U.S.  No info was given on the specific company.

I also tried contacting Dry 24/7 on multiple occasions but they have been non-responsive. I would also be okay with ordering a large quantity of the diapers if I had to.

4 minutes ago, Comfidry-lover said:

Thanks for the replies. Where would I find out which company manufactured the Comfidry 24/7s?  I previously read somewhere that they were originally manufactured in Israel and then moved the manufacturing to the U.S.  No info was given on the specific company.

I also tried contacting Dry 24/7 on multiple occasions but they have been non-responsive. I would also be okay with ordering a large quantity of the diapers if I had to.

Look on any packaging you have. It should at least have the Country of Origin printed somewhere.

There is one word I have not seen here. "Patent".  That means for the specific materials. When you say "fluff", that is a general term. Each company may have its own formula that is a trade secret or patneted. That would affect the reverse engineering and reproduction by another company, which means make it illegal and therefore, untouchable

10 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I believe the production runs start at 10,000 units. I could be wrong though. Note that you will also have to pay shipping, import duties, and other various fees just to get your diapers.

This guy bought a Chinese truck off Alibaba, the first 9 minutes are a bit about the truck, but mostly what he went through to get it delivered and out of the port.

Chinese manufacturers do tend to be flexible about IP infringement. I've seen a few copies of NorthShore MegaMax for sale.

You might want to check out Wish, AliExpress, and the other direct exporters. They may already be selling knockoffs.

That looks like one of those drivable kiddie cars only sized up for adults. OKay I'm not opposed to that. 😂

10 minutes ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

There is one word I have not seen here. "Patent".  That means for the specific materials. When you say "fluff", that is a general term. Each company may have its own formula that is a trade secret or patneted. That would affect the reverse engineering and reproduction by another company, which means make it illegal and therefore, untouchable

If that is the case, the patent number should be printed on the packaging, and you'd be able to get details of the rights holder from the patent office, and may be able to licence the design, which would then greatly simplify the task. Even if it's just the same company as the brand, who have previously not replied, you'd probably have better luck with the name of a specific person in a specific department. It would be a business enquiry, not just random email getting sent to customer service.

12 minutes ago, Little Sam said:

If that is the case, the patent number should be printed on the packaging, and you'd be able to get details of the rights holder from the patent office, and may be able to license

13 minutes ago, Little Sam said:

If that is the case, the patent number should be printed on the packaging, and you'd be able to get details of the rights holder from the patent office, and may be able to licence the design, which would then greatly simplify the task. Even if it's just the same company as the brand, who have previously not replied, you'd probably have better luck with the name of a specific person in a specific department. It would be a business enquiry, not just random email getting sent to customer service.

the design, which would then greatly simplify the task. Even if it's just the same company as the brand, who have previously not replied, you'd probably have better luck with the name of a specific person in a specific department. It would be a business enquiry, not just random email getting sent to customer service.

while this patent suggestion is great.... adult diaper tech has gone far beyond the original ConFiDry---- 

Doubtful any company would do that.  Why?  First, they figure if those diapers were still profitable the manufacturer wouldn't have stopped making them.  Second, any current manufacturer of adult diapers is going to promote their own brands and not try to re manufacture another company's diaper.  Any privet individual trying to start up a company will need backing and financing that probably won't be forthcoming - they can't even begin to do it on their own unless they are a multi millionaire.

3 hours ago, Dartplayerinwvc said:

while this patent suggestion is great.... adult diaper tech has gone far beyond the original ConFiDry---- 

Then this discussion is pointless since the OP would have something better and not bring up reverse engineering that diaper. Yet many agree that the successor is not as good

I bet only Rearz has a patent on their ABDL diapers. 
Most medical diapers most likely has some kind of protection. 

Many products that stops being made when the machine they was made on breaks, cause it would be to expensive to make the same on a different machine.
If a product you bought has changed, that might be the reason.

You can buy diapers on Alibaba or similar sites, delivered in a container. 

37 minutes ago, Dubious said:

Many products that stops being made when the machine they was made on breaks, cause it would be to expensive to make the same on a different machine.

I just looked at that Albaba site, and some of them you have to order 10k diapers, who has $12k to plop down for diapers and then you need a place to store them. That was on the Japan's brands. The diaper price is good, but we would have to get a bunch of us together to split the order. Unless I was on the wrong site. But 15 cents a diaper is a really good price ..

32 minutes ago, foreverdl said:

I just looked at that Albaba site, and some of them you have to order 10k diapers, who has $12k to plop down for diapers and then you need a place to store them. That was on the Japan's brands. The diaper price is good, but we would have to get a bunch of us together to split the order. Unless I was on the wrong site. But 15 cents a diaper is a really good price ..

32 minutes ago, foreverdl said:

During Covid, I tried to get thick single fold diapers made and it was 5000 pcs ... 36 free samples but with a 500.00 deposit

5 minutes ago, Dartplayerinwvc said:

During Covid, I tried to get thick single fold diapers made and it was 5000 pcs ... 36 free samples but with a 500.00 deposit

I suppose the key is to find a few people who want the same thing, so you can split the cost and/or find out what it's going to cost and launch a kickstarter.

2 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

Then this discussion is pointless since the OP would have something better and not bring up reverse engineering that diaper. Yet many agree that the successor is not as good

It is sorta pointless---- reverse engineer a outdated diaper... but.... look at how the industry ITSELF has done that.... Show up the next sales people with the latest n greatest adult diaper......

At the time: ConfiDry 24/7; brief - Voted the most absorbent diaper - features an exclusive revolutionary 3D-Core absorbency system which enables a previously-unheard of absorption capacity of 2-3 liters. This unique system makes our brief suitable for an active lifestyle and continuous undisturbed full night rests. The dependable leak control system will keep your skin, clothing and bedding dry for ten or more hours.

3 liters is 101.442 ounces - now.. the average diaper does at least that and more WITH better tapes and plastic backing - AND 6 tapes are making a comeback

https://blog.diapermetrics.com/2020/06/confidry-247-review.html

Confidry were made in the US (printed right on the side panel).  It also says "distributed by Dry Care", not Manufactured by... alluding to it being contract production from another company.    There is no patent info on the packaging anywhere.  

7 hours ago, Dubious said:

I don't think any of the ABDL brands have patent protection. Most of them compete on IP grounds. While we are talking about Rearz, I seem to recall them being the ones that tried to copy-write "ABDL" in Canada.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2023 at 7:17 PM, Dartplayerinwvc said:

It is sorta pointless---- reverse engineer a outdated diaper... but.... look at how the industry ITSELF has done that.... Show up the next sales people with the latest n greatest adult diaper......

At the time: ConfiDry 24/7; brief - Voted the most absorbent diaper - features an exclusive revolutionary 3D-Core absorbency system which enables a previously-unheard of absorption capacity of 2-3 liters. This unique system makes our brief suitable for an active lifestyle and continuous undisturbed full night rests. The dependable leak control system will keep your skin, clothing and bedding dry for ten or more hours.

3 liters is 101.442 ounces - now.. the average diaper does at least that and more WITH better tapes and plastic backing - AND 6 tapes are making a comeback

https://blog.diapermetrics.com/2020/06/confidry-247-review.html

I miss the 6 tapes. I found they fit better then just 4 but as the OP I really liked the fit of the dry 24/7 as it was the only one I have found to date that fit my legs snug all the way around. I have found close seconds but they aren't as comfortable around my legs. Me I would like to see the same cut as the dry 24/7 but improved or should I say unimproved back to the original hehe. The original plastic and tapes was far superior to what they ended with. Maybe boost the absorbency of them slightly. Though all that would cause cost to go up. That's why all the premium diapers today being sold are so much more money. 

On 11/4/2023 at 12:57 PM, Cute_Kitten said:

That looks like one of those drivable kiddie cars only sized up for adults. OKay I'm not opposed to that. 😂

HAHA kinda like a little tikes or power wheel for the little kid in us all!