LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Donations Needed

DailyDiapers

As a way of increasing funding for this site / forum, why not introduce some form of 'fine' or penalty for repeat offenders. You are aware of whom I am referring to as, to the best of my knowledge, either you or an admin has had to lock / block / delete, from my rough count, 5 topics due to the actions of certain individuals. These certain individuals think, incorrectly, that they can tell whomever whatever they feel like without concequence....

Why not add a concequence?

4 hours ago, babykeiff said:

As a way of increasing funding for this site / forum, why not introduce some form of 'fine' or penalty for repeat offenders. You are aware of whom I am referring to as, to the best of my knowledge, either you or an admin has had to lock / block / delete, from my rough count, 5 topics due to the actions of certain individuals. These certain individuals think, incorrectly, that they can tell whomever whatever they feel like without concequence....

Why not add a concequence?

With all due respect:

The penalty that you get when you don't follow the rules and it is bad enough is that you get asked to leave the site and you get banned. Just because someone disagrees with you or does not fully agree with what you say, or someone says that you dare to disagree with them does not give a person the right to be banned because of that. In order to be banned, the administrators must believe that there is a reasonable certainty that there is a good reason to do so If there are people that disagree with you, that's one thing: if there's someone who is arguing with you or trying to gaslight, that's when you end up going in as an admin and you either lock off the topic, you delete some of the topic, or you delete the whole topic.

Locking off a topic because someone decides that they've had enough of that particular discussion does not rise to the level of a ban.  A ban can be used as a cooling off period, A band can be used to restrict access to certain features on the boards for a certain amount of time, or a band can be used to totally exclude someone from a site. If someone gets out of hand, then it is the responsibility of the user to report this to an admin or a moderator, and it is the moderator's job to determine where to take it from there. if someone disagrees with a decision, that's why you end up going to an admin, because then that person can take a look at the situation and see how they would take care of the situation.

Simply locking off topics because they get heated is not a decision that would lead to a ban unless the admin believes it is necessary There are many people that I've seen get mad around here, and they might be a little heated and they might be a tad bit upset, but I've never seen anyone get totally banned off a site simply because a topic gets heated.  I've seen people say " How dare you....." And other things, but situations that require a ban would be those that the administration believes are in the best interest of the site. That is why the best policy is to try to work out disagreements before the ban hammer has to fall!

Locking off or deleting threads is no reason to ban someone off the system. It is simply a way to quell something that has gotten way out of hand or gotten way off center. I've seen Mike turn around and Lock certain topics for a time being, and then he'll unlock the topic, and tell us that it has been unlocked, and he would be watching us. That is the reason why locking and deleting threads exists. Certain people sometimes get a little bit heated, and rather than to ban them they get a warning, or they get spoken to in a private message. There should be no further sanction given other than the sanction that is given that is already in place.

Brian

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

With all due respect:

The penalty that you get when you don't follow the rules and it is bad enough is that you get asked to leave the site and you get banned. Just because someone disagrees with you or does not fully agree with what you say, or someone says that you dare to disagree with them does not give a person the right to be banned because of that. In order to be banned, the administrators must believe that there is a reasonable certainty that there is a good reason to do so If there are people that disagree with you, that's one thing: if there's someone who is arguing with you or trying to gaslight, that's when you end up going in as an admin and you either lock off the topic, you delete some of the topic, or you delete the whole topic.

Locking off a topic because someone decides that they've had enough of that particular discussion does not rise to the level of a ban. A ban.  A ban can be used as a cooling off period, A band can be used to restrict access to certain features on the boards for a certain amount of time, or a band can be used to totally exclude someone from a site. If someone gets out of hand, then it is the responsibility of the user to report this to an admin or a moderator, and it is the moderator's job to determine where to take it from there. if someone disagrees with a decision, that's why you end up going to an admin, because then that person can take a look at the situation and see how they would take care of the situation.

Simply locking off topics because they get heated is not a decision that would lead to a ban unless the admin believes it is necessary There are many people that I've seen get mad around here, and they might be a little heated and they might be a tad bit upset, but I've never seen anyone get totally banned off a site simply because a topic gets heated.  I've seen people say " How dare you....." And other things, but situations that require a ban would be those that the administration believes are in the best interest of the site. That is why the best policy is to try to work out disagreements before the ban hammer has to fall!

Locking off or deleting threads is no reason to ban someone off the system. It is simply a way to quell something that has gotten way out of hand or gotten way off center. I've seen Mike turn around and Lock certain topics for a time being, and then he'll unlock the topic, and tell us that it has been unlocked, and he would be watching us. That is the reason why locking and deleting threads exists. Certain people sometimes get a little bit heated, and rather than to ban them they get a warning, or they get spoken to in a private message. There should be no further sanction given other than the sanction that is given that is already in place.

Brian

Will said Brian!😉

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Widdle Webslinger said:

Will said Brian!😉

@Widdle Webslinger

Thank you! Basically, the idea here is that we need to be able to agree to disagree, and we also need to remember that there are certain things that we can say, certain things that we couldn't say, things that we could say but shouldn't, and often say things that we shouldn't but do anyway. There's a limit to how far things go, and that limit is set by the administration, and their consequence is based on what they believe to be the best outcome We can all agree to disagree, and we can even disagree with certain people's actions, but the idea here is that everyone here is a member, everyone has their opinions, everyone does not have to agree with everyone's opinions, but there are certain things that you say and certain things that you don't, and certain things are left unsaid.

The idea here in a donation's thread is to try to raise money, and while there are good ideas for raising money, consequences for bad behavior do not make any sense when you're talking about fundraising. The idea is that we're all supposed to be able to get along, we're all supposed to be adults, we have differing opinions and different ways of doing things, but we need to remember that there are many of us all over the world, with a whole bunch of different beliefs and ideas and standards and everything else, And we are here because we want to be, and because we have agreed that we will follow Mikey's rules, and if we don't understand what they are, or we don't know what they are because they might not be stated, we do have the right and the responsibility to ask, and then we would know for sure and then we wouldn't be in trouble, because we know what is expected and what is not. If Mike tells you not to do something, then that is a direct statement that he doesn't want something to happen. It is important that we follow the rules as much as we can.  The easier we can make it for Mike the easier he's gonna make it for us and everyone else. If we start making trouble for him, then he's gonna start making trouble for us because he's going to remove the trouble. It is very straightforward and very easy to understand!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
General edits
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

With all due respect:

Locking off a topic because someone decides that they've had enough of that particular discussion does not rise to the level of a ban.  A ban can be used as a cooling off period, A band can be used to restrict access to certain features on the boards for a certain amount of time, or a band can be used to totally exclude someone from a site. If someone gets out of hand, then it is the responsibility of the user to report this to an admin or a moderator, and it is the moderator's job to determine where to take it from there. if someone disagrees with a decision, that's why you end up going to an admin, because then that person can take a look at the situation and see how they would take care of the situation.

Brian

@~Brian~, @Widdle Webslinger, @foreverdl

Please don't attack the messenger!

The problem, as I see it is as follows:-

• This forum needs money to run / survive
  • Every month, @DailyDi posts the begging bowl, and some months the bowl is filled to cover the running costs, but most months it is not.
  • If this financial situation continues, this forum will be gone.

I suggested a way to raise much needed funds, and people here not only disagree with the concept (which is their right), but also get on their high horse about what rights they have here.

If this site goes due to lack of funding, where will your rights be?

Do you not respect this forum enough to at least partially fund it?

Do you not respect DailyDi a little so that he doesn't have to belittle himself to beg every month?

Do you have a better idea in funding this site?

Please don't attack the messenger!

@babykeiff @Widdle Webslinger@foreverdl@DailyDiapers

That was not the intention - The fact remains that we must have operating funds to survive:  I am not attacking you:  I am simply stating that you CANNOT combine Fundraising Ideas with ideas that deal with punishing users who have for some reason either skirted the line when it comes to doing something that is wrong, or BLATANTLY violates the rules that are established.  This is like taking my dad's car keys, and trying to start my brothers cars:  It simply cannot be done, and are two separate issues.

The problem, as I see it is as follows:-

• This forum needs money to run / survive
  • Every month, @DailyDi posts the begging bowl, and some months the bowl is filled to cover the running costs, but most months it is not.
  • If this financial situation continues, this forum will be gone.

1.  YES:  We need to be able to survive, which means that he @DailyDiapers has determined that he needs $400 USD to cover his expenses. 

2. YES:  Every Month, he does post donation requests, and he asks those that CAN donate to the site to do so if they so choose.  This is Mike's right as owner of this domain, and he DOES have ways to raise funds, but he does NOT REQUIRE users to donate.  That is up to the user who is a member. 

2a.  I have, with the exception of one year, gotten the BB (Baby Banker Designation (20,21,22,23) because I WANTED to, and because it supports the site.  It provides me a place to call home and this place means a LOT to me:  I will continue to get this designation, because I, like you, care about this place, and it is SAFE, non-judgemental, supportive site, which I have known about for years, and when I had problems with incontinence, THIS PLACE is where where I came, because I've KNOWN about certain members here, and know this place is accepting of many.  I also know that there are places that are WORSE:  the admins are on DD are BETTER than many others (ADISC is one I refer to as being unwelcoming) and they are easy-going, and help many of us:  I want DD to survive too, but we cannot combine apples (donation appeals) with ORANGES (punishment penalties), because they are NOT the same, and penalties are not decided by the users, and we as users are NOT mods or admins, unless we are appointed as such. 

2b.  Whenever I can, I give to DD:  Sometimes it can be as little as $10 USD, other times it is more, depending on whether I can do it, and I have done this because I WANT to.  During the pandemic, I was here 24/7 for at least 6 months, and when i could, I gave to help Mike, and I have even given more when I could.  I remember one or two times I gave on my birthday,  I believe that these donations were helpful, but they obviously are not going to be enough to maintain what he needs to maintain the site.  Many others are in the same position, as they give when they can.  Mike understands this, and I know that we are here for many reasons, but we give when we can, what we can, and even if we didn't, Mike still would have to raise what he raises every month.

2c.  Financial Condition:  I, like Mike, know all about finances, I would HOPE that we don't lose the site.  It is expensive to do what he does, and that is why he does the donation appeals.

Now:  Lets take care of the rest of this:

If this site goes due to lack of funding, where will your rights be?

The Site's survival due to lack of funding really is the issue here:  Our "rights" are those we have, and we will always have those.  We also have responsibility as users to help Mike however we can.  This means that if we see anything amiss, or we see something that "doesn't look right", or we question something, we bring it to the attention of the admins, for them to deal with.  How the admins deal with situations is something that we may not be privy to, and that is OK, but that is something they have to deal with. 

Do you not respect this forum enough to at least partially fund it?

3a.  YES - and I HAVE Funded this site when I could, and I RESPECT this forum and its userbase!  To think I don't is SILLY!  I will continue to do so, and fund the site as I can, when I can.  I also respect the admins and their FAIRNESS, and the ability for us to be able to disagree and be able to state it, and be able to state my opinion(s) in a respectful and courteous manner.  The fact that Mike allows us to tell him that we either don't understand something, and need clarification. or that we disagree with someone else is what makes this place special:  we CAN disagree, respectfully, and we CAN post our opinions, within reason, as there are situations where there are things that could be posted and probably should NOT, and there are times, that we can post many things:  You just have to use discretion, which is why I TRY not to cause problems.  I have been on the internet since 1993, and I have learned that sometimes passion can cause you to do or say things that may not be appropriate, so many times when you are passionate about something, it shows, and DD is something that I AM passionate about!

Do you not respect DailyDi a little so that he doesn't have to belittle himself to beg every month?

3b.  I RESPECT Mike, and EVERY person that is a member of this site!  The ONLY time this changes is if someone DISRESPECTS me, and causes me issues that would cause me to change that opinion.  There have been VERY FEW times where I would disrespect someone else, and even then, I would do so in a respectful manner, lest any post I place here would end up being full of bad words :(

Do you have a better idea in funding this site?

There are 55,188 Total Members as of this posting:  That means that Mike posts these appeals once, maybe twice in a month.  He does that to let us know that he needs us that can help him to do so.  Not every person can donate monthly, and sometimes that results in not being able to cover expenses.  It would be nice and awesome if we could get $1 from all active users, but this could be problematic - There are also other ways that users can help him, and I did that as a member of Tallahassee Free-Net, and even though I could not afford to donate financially, I was able to do things to support MY HOME!

There are many ways to help Mike:  Being a Good Nettizen is one way :)

Respectfully,

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Spelling Edits
  • Like 1

Somehow I don't think demanding money of those already heated-up would go over well :)

As much as I hate begging, I prefer a voluntary system where those who can and want to donate; and those who would leave if this was a pay site still feel welcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@babykeiff @Widdle Webslinger@foreverdl@DailyDiapers

That was not the intention - The fact remains that we must have operating funds to survive:  I am not attacking you:  I am simply stating that you CANNOT combine Fundraising Ideas with ideas that deal with punishing users who have for some reason either skirted the line when it comes to doing something that is wrong, or BLATANTLY violates the rules that are established.  This is like taking my dad's car keys, and trying to start my brothers cars:  It simply cannot be done, and are two separate issues.

1.  YES:  We need to be able to survive, which means that he @DailyDiapers has determined that he needs $400 USD to cover his expenses. 

2. YES:  Every Month, he does post donation requests, and he asks those that CAN donate to the site to do so if they so choose.  This is Mike's right as owner of this domain, and he DOES have ways to raise funds, but he does NOT REQUIRE users to donate.  That is up to the user who is a member. 

2a.  I have, with the exception of one year, gotten the BB (Baby Banker Designation (20,21,22,23) because I WANTED to, and because it supports the site.  It provides me a place to call home and this place means a LOT to me:  I will continue to get this designation, because I, like you, care about this place, and it is SAFE, non-judgemental, supportive site, which I have known about for years, and when I had problems with incontinence, THIS PLACE is where where I came, because I've KNOWN about certain members here, and know this place is accepting of many.  I also know that there are places that are WORSE:  the admins are on DD are BETTER than many others (ADISC is one I refer to as being unwelcoming) and they are easy-going, and help many of us:  I want DD to survive too, but we cannot combine apples (donation appeals) with ORANGES (punishment penalties), because they are NOT the same, and penalties are not decided by the users, and we as users are NOT mods or admins, unless we are appointed as such. 

2b.  Whenever I can, I give to DD:  Sometimes it can be as little as $10 USD, other times it is more, depending on whether I can do it, and I have done this because I WANT to.  During the pandemic, I was here 24/7 for at least 6 months, and when i could, I gave to help Mike, and I have even given more when I could.  I remember one or two times I gave on my birthday,  I believe that these donations were helpful, but they obviously are not going to be enough to maintain what he needs to maintain the site.  Many others are in the same position, as they give when they can.  Mike understands this, and I know that we are here for many reasons, but we give when we can, what we can, and even if we didn't, Mike still would have to raise what he raises every month.

2c.  Financial Condition:  I, like Mike, know all about finances, I would HOPE that we don't lose the site.  It is expensive to do what he does, and that is why he does the donation appeals.

Now:  Lets take care of the rest of this:

The Site's survival due to lack of funding really is the issue here:  Our "rights" are those we have, and we will always have those.  We also have responsibility as users to help Mike however we can.  This means that if we see anything amiss, or we see something that "doesn't look right", or we question something, we bring it to the attention of the admins, for them to deal with.  How the admins deal with situations is something that we may not be privy to, and that is OK, but that is something they have to deal with. 

3a.  YES - and I HAVE Funded this site when I could, and I RESPECT this forum and its userbase!  To think I don't is SILLY!  I will continue to do so, and fund the site as I can, when I can.  I also respect the admins and their FAIRNESS, and the ability for us to be able to disagree and be able to state it, and be able to state my opinion(s) in a respectful and courteous manner.  The fact that Mike allows us to tell him that we either don't understand something, and need clarification. or that we disagree with someone else is what makes this place special:  we CAN disagree, respectfully, and we CAN post our opinions, within reason, as there are situations where there are things that could be posted and probably should NOT, and there are times, that we can post many things:  You just have to use discretion, which is why I TRY not to cause problems.  I have been on the internet since 1993, and I have learned that sometimes passion can cause you to do or say things that may not be appropriate, so many times when you are passionate about something, it shows, and DD is something that I AM passionate about!

3b.  I RESPECT Mike, and EVERY person that is a member of this site!  The ONLY time this changes is if someone DISRESPECTS me, and causes me issues that would cause me to change that opinion.  There have been VERY FEW times where I would disrespect someone else, and even then, I would do so in a respectful manner, lest any post I place here would end up being full of bad words :(

There are 55,188 Total Members as of this posting:  That means that Mike posts these appeals once, maybe twice in a month.  He does that to let us know that he needs us that can help him to do so.  Not every person can donate monthly, and sometimes that results in not being able to cover expenses.  It would be nice and awesome if we could get $1 from all active users, but this could be problematic - There are also other ways that users can help him, and I did that as a member of Tallahassee Free-Net, and even though I could not afford to donate financially, I was able to do things to support MY HOME!

There are many ways to help Mike:  Being a Good Nettizen is one way :)

Respectfully,

Brian

I agree with most of what you state, however the facts are that this site NEEDS MONEY to survive, and there are a handfull of members, you inclusive, that donate to do that. However, there are a few members here that all they do to contribute is cause problems

• time costs for a mod to step in to 'vet the post'
  • time costs for a mod to act accordingly
  • etc.

The mods here do their job without complain / issue, but why do we need them - to 'vet' the same few that are causing issues.

You identified that there are 55,188 odd members here, but when the issue of money comes up, there are up to 55k excuses about why they can't / won't donate, and if I was Mike, I would be annoyed about that - expecially when it comes to having to beg every month. I can understand how Mike feels having to beg for funds, as do most. I don't think that it is true respect towards Mike / this site to allow this to continue like this. Yes, I have donated funds to keep this site up on numerous ocassions, but I am not talking about the people who donate.... I am talking to the freeloaders who will give excuses why they won't, and in my calculatioons, there are over 50 thousand of them.

Excuses I've heard / read -

• Can't cause it would appear on my Credit Card - Easy, use a disposable credit card number.
  • Can't cause it would expose my ABDL... There is a high US member count, and live in a country with public data. Any data hacker could get your information and publize it with ease, but it has NO financial gain, so it is not done. Also, in reality, nobody really cares about your sexual fetish / type of underwear. They are too busy hiding their own twisted little lives.
  • Don't have the funds this week/month, maybe next month - Diapers are roughly $1-$2 each, even a 0.50 donation would help

... and there are thousands more.

Tossed a good portion of my discretionary spending in today. Keep up the great work!  If I am not mistaken the name that comes up on the card isn't even related to Dailydiapers.com

Edited by Menaiya
Responding to post above.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Menaiya said:

Tossed a good portion of my discretionary spending in today. Keep up the great work!  If I am not mistaken the name that comes up on the card isn't even related to Dailydiapers.com

Thanks so much!

and yes, we bill discreetly. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...