LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Growing up as a bedwetter

For those that wet the bed growing up what always it like? How often did you wet? Did you have to wear diapers? When did you stop wetting? What age were you when you started diapering yourself if ever? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wet the bed (or more accurately my diapers) until I was almost age 6.  I don't have many memories of the mornings when I woke up but I do remember my mom diapering me every evening in the living room while standing in front of her.  I would have to get her a diaper (cloth) from the dresser and she would have the plastic pants and diaper pins.  After pinning on the diaper she would hold open the Gerber plastic pants for me to step into and then she pulled them up over my diaper.  I did sleep in pajamas.  I remember one morning she took me in the bathroom and removed my diaper washing my diaper area and then I went to dress myself for the day.  The bedrooms were upstairs and the one and only bathroom was downstairs off the kitchen.  Even if I did wake up needing to pee, there was no way at age 4 I was going to walk downstairs through the dark house to get to the bathroom! 

Another time I woke up very wet and uncomfortable and slid my soaked diaper and plastic pants off, put my pajamas back on and went downstairs to the kitchen where my parents were having coffee.  First thing my mom said was, "Where is your diaper?"  I explained and she told me to go upstairs and get it.  I grabbed the plastic pants by the waist with the wet diaper still inside and dragged it down the stairs to the kitchen, having it thump on each step as I pulled it down the staircase.  I remember dropping it in the kitchen and going to the bathroom to pee.  I never diapered myself because I stopped bedwetting around age 5-1/2.  I do remember one night going upstairs to my bedroom for a toy or something, being really tired and just laying down in bed and falling asleep.  I even remember I was wearing brown corduroy pants.  Surprisingly, my parents just let me sleep the night like that and I remember waking up in the morning in my cloths dry as a bone.  I don't remember anything else such as when my mom stopped diapering me for bed and if I had any accidents after that.  I don't even remember her still diapering me and waking dry the next morning. 

• Like 2

I wet the bed just about every night until I was 17, almost 18. My mother didn't diaper me, she just washed all my bedding every day. I always had a bed protector on my mattress. When I was young it was a rubber sheet that just covered a square where I slept. Sometime when I was older they started making vinyl fitted sheets which she put on under my bottom sheet.

I have always rolled around in my sleep and I like to be warm so some days I would wake up soaked and find myself wrapped up in my top sheet, blanket and bedspread and they would all be soaked. They used a "Wee Alert" generously donated by a friend's mother because his younger sister wet the bed and it worked on her. It worked on me too eventually. I would have preferred to remain a bed wetter because the alarm breaks your sleeping pattern. I have a small bladder and almost never slept through the night again because the alarm teaches your brain to wake you right up as soon as you feel the need to pee. It is so efficient that even now when I go to bed securely diapered I still become conscious of my wetting at night. I am able to just fall back to sleep instantly but it's still annoying.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 4

I wet the bed on occasion till about 6, I believe. No diapers for me! It was cloth diapers back then, and my mom wasn’t going to have me still in diapers for wetting the bed. She was not a fan of washing diapers, for one thing. And both my parents thought, I wouldn’t be motivated to stop bedwetting, if I was in a diaper. I had a plastic sheet, that kept the mattress safe. And when I wet the bed, I had to get my mother up, to help me change everything. She must have really been convinced, not to use diapers, to still have to do all that extra wash, pj’s, underwear, sheets, plus the waking up in the middle of the night part. I look back on that experience, and think everyone would have been better off, if I was in a diaper and plastic pants! But they did what they thought was best. 

• Like 1

I was a chronic nightly bedwetter growing up and wasn't reliably dry at night until my early 20s. I can honestly say my bedwetting never bothered me. I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. I slept in Terry nappies and plastic pants until I was about 8 or 9 years old. Then our  distrctrict nurse insisted my Mother took me out of nappies as she was sure if I felt uncomfortable I would soon stop wetting in my sleep. Being in nappies at night was never going to get me dry. Well it didn't work. I just had to get used to a damp and smelly bed. 

Then they tried a bedwetting alarm. I just slept through it and wet the bed while everyone else was woken up. They soon gave up on that idea. Rewards and treats offered if so stayed dry. Followed by punishments for being wet. Then gradually my folks just gave up and accepted I wet the bed and probably always would. 

Then finally my Mother dragged me off to our doctor insisting something done about her teenage son that still wet the bed almost every night. I was refered to the fledgling NHS continence service who were great and issued me with a "Sandra" fitted waterproof cover for my bed and big blue disposable nappies and later some plastic pants. The nappies leaked but so didn't care. My folks no longer seemed to care that I still wet the bed and seemed happy something had been done.

I put my own nappies on and dealt with the inevitable wet ones every morning from being about 15.

I continued to wet the bed most nights until just before my 22nd birthday and then it tailed off very quickly and by my birthday I was dry at night.

ALL the time I lived at home my bed always had a waterproof cover on it and there was always a bag of nappies by my bed. 

• Like 4

@stevewet I am so impressed you were able to sleep through the bed wetting alarm. I too was a very heavy sleeper and never woke up during the night. I like to joke that people could lift me out of bed during the night and steal the bed and I wouldn't wake up. Unfortunately for me, my bedroom shared a wall with my parent's bedroom and like you said it woke up everyone so my mother would get up and walk me half asleep to the bathroom 😞 otherwise the alarm might not have worked and I wouldn't be waking to pee during the night in my diaper.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1

I was a champion bedwetter until about age 10 and a half. I wore diapers to bed and probably wet them at least every second night. This was the 1980's so there were no pull-ups - just disposables or cloth, but my mom didn't like cloth much. I started putting them on myself when I was about 7 or so, but then my mom started helping me again when I got too big for them and we needed to use tape to keep them on - maybe when I was 9 or so. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

I was a champion bedwetter until about age 10 and a half. I wore diapers to bed and probably wet them at least every second night. This was the 1980's so there were no pull-ups - just disposables or cloth, but my mom didn't like cloth much. I started putting them on myself when I was about 7 or so, but then my mom started helping me again when I got too big for them and we needed to use tape to keep them on - maybe when I was 9 or so. 

Do you miss being a little and having your mom help you?

14 hours ago, Little Spider said:

Do you miss being a little and having your mom help you?

It's an interesting question and one that I've often considered. As a kid, I had what I would call a "dissonant" relationship with wearing diapers. Obviously, I liked wearing them - anyone who's every read anything I've written here knows that I like wearing diapers. But at the same time, I also knew that I wasn't supposed to like it, and, I had all the same feelings that most kids do about wanting to grow up and be seen as more mature and capable - I wanted to be able to stay up later and watch TV shows and movies that older kids watched, and to be able to go places by myself and cross the street and go to sleepovers. I was susceptible to all the same feelings of embarrassment that most kids were - I didn't like standing out or being considered "weird" or juvenile, and of course, wearing Pampers for roughly 12 hours out of every 24 hour period WAS weird and juvenile and embarrassing.

SO, I wanted to be considered a big kid, but, at the same time, the profound sense of peace and "rightness" that I felt when I was in my bed in just my diaper was intoxicating. However, it was easy for those happy feelings to be tainted by shame - I shared a room with my younger brother, and while he was used to the routine of me being diapered, and he generally ignored it, I was acutely aware of him lying in his bed, reading a book or whatever, while my mom hovered over me. 

In retrospect, I miss it, but at the time, I couldn't relax and be at peace about it, which is unfortunate. 

• Like 3
On 7/11/2023 at 5:45 PM, FretaBWet said:

@stevewet I am so impressed you were able to sleep through the bed wetting alarm. I too was a very heavy sleeper and never woke up during the night. I like to joke that people could lift me out of bed during the night and steal the bed and I wouldn't wake up. Unfortunately for me, my bedroom shared a wall with my parent's bedroom and like you said it woke up everyone so my mother would get up and walk me half asleep to the bathroom 😞 otherwise the alarm might not have worked and I wouldn't be waking to pee during the night in my diaper.

Hugs,

Freta

By the time the alarm woke me I had wet the bed as usual. My folks soon gave up on it. My wife like me was a nightly bedwetter growing up always slept through the alarm too. 

On 7/11/2023 at 1:39 PM, DiaperedGamer2730 said:

I wet the bed just about every night until I was 15. I wore pull-ups every night until then. I’m not sure when I started putting them on myself but I was fairly young when it happened.

There were no such things as pull ups when I was growing up. It was Terry nappies and wrinkly plastic pants. Then eventually adult disposable nappies were available.

• Like 1

I never truly stopped being wet overnight. I know it is genetic, my close cousins also wet the bed as kids, but I still truggle with it. I also had daytime accidents while playing or doing anything that distracted me. I will never forget feeling my training pants get warm and THEN running to the bathroom to pee. 

I had a kids mattress before, so I didn't pee into it, but when I got a real twin bed size I had a protector and wore Luvs diapers. I was a small kid. I remember being six or seven when I knew how to tape up my diaper myself. 

I progressed to goodnites which I wore until I graduated high school. At that point I learned to set an alarm for every 90 minutes. That really works for me and I use it when I don't have any protection. Then my back got injured. 🤦‍♂️ FML. Otherwise, I wet the bed three nights a week nowadays. Well, not the bed, my diaper is wet 3 out of 7 nights, lol. It was almost every night as a kid. I slept very deeply. People could move me to a different room and I didn't wake up. Now I can't sleep so easily. 🤷‍♂️ But when I do, I go so deep that I pee the bed. 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Dreadful, I hated it. My father was a bedwetter in his youth and I am sure my parents were less troubled by my bedwetting because of it. I did not have a dry night until I was 12. My mother was a distant kind of woman and took away my nappies when I was about 3/4. I had a plastic sheet on the bed and one cotton sheet on top, but I never got a good night’s sleep. I asked for nappies when I was ten but was turned down. She would get me up in the morning and stand me on the old wooden toilet seat and wash me down before dressing me for school. I was desperate to be dry as were all my friends. At my UK boarding school I wet but less frequently, I was put in a small dormitory with six other bedwetters and hated that too. As I am very dyslexic, which was unheard of in those days (1960s), I was written off as stupid and spent a lot of time on my own, which I think gave me strength, and an enjoyment in my own company. 

I have had a successful life and continue so to do, even to the extent now of enjoying my incontinence (I have always been a bit of an ABDL). I never let it stop me from doing what I want and never shall. Nappies are great, I make my own and always have!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am a lifelong bedwetter. Never wore any diapers or plastic pants growing up as they were difficult to find. Finally stopped bedwetting around age 18. This was back in late 60's. Restarted bedwetting shortly after I originally stopped. Diapers and plastic pants were becoming more available then. This is when I started to wear them. Been wearing ever since. I am now 72. Haven't had a dry night since. I sleep very deep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wet the bed until my mid 30's.  I was fortunate to have parents that weren't all that concerned about it and I was kept in diapers for a super long time.  I'm sure it was because my mother was sick of dealing with wet sheets.  A wet diaper is a heck of a lot more easier to deal with.  In my teens the wetting frequency lessened so I might have been wet once or twice a week.  Once I found adult diapers then I wore all the time again just for comfort.

6 hours ago, drynot said:

I wet the bed until my mid 30's.  I was fortunate to have parents that weren't all that concerned about it and I was kept in diapers for a super long time.  I'm sure it was because my mother was sick of dealing with wet sheets.  A wet diaper is a heck of a lot more easier to deal with.  In my teens the wetting frequency lessened so I might have been wet once or twice a week.  Once I found adult diapers then I wore all the time again just for comfort.

My folks especially my mother gave me a hard time over my bedwetting until my teens. Then eventually accepted I wet the bed and probably always would. Once I was issued with disposable nappies and a "sandra" mattres cover for my bed by the NHS continence nurse. My mother just seem to give up worrying about my bedwetting. I remember she got me some adult plastic pants to wear over the big blue bedwetting nappies issued to me as they tended to leak and that was about it. I had to deal with the wet nappies and sheets if they leaked and was left to it.

14 hours ago, artiejr said:

I am a lifelong bedwetter. Never wore any diapers or plastic pants growing up as they were difficult to find. Finally stopped bedwetting around age 18. This was back in late 60's. Restarted bedwetting shortly after I originally stopped. Diapers and plastic pants were becoming more available then. This is when I started to wear them. Been wearing ever since. I am now 72. Haven't had a dry night since. I sleep very deep.

I wore Terry nappies and plastic pants at night until I was 8 or 9 and then after that just under wear and an old towel on the bed to soak up the pre until I was in my teens when finally I got proper adult nappies via the continence nurse.

On 7/9/2023 at 12:27 PM, AbabeBill said:

I wet the bed on occasion till about 6, I believe. No diapers for me! It was cloth diapers back then, and my mom wasn’t going to have me still in diapers for wetting the bed. She was not a fan of washing diapers, for one thing. And both my parents thought, I wouldn’t be motivated to stop bedwetting, if I was in a diaper. I had a plastic sheet, that kept the mattress safe. And when I wet the bed, I had to get my mother up, to help me change everything. She must have really been convinced, not to use diapers, to still have to do all that extra wash, pj’s, underwear, sheets, plus the waking up in the middle of the night part. I look back on that experience, and think everyone would have been better off, if I was in a diaper and plastic pants! But they did what they thought was best. 

Just til you were 6? For me it was 13 although I had a rubber sheet on my bed until 17. I wasn't allowed to wear diapers either. My folks thought they'd make bedwetting too comfortable. I guess it's an age thing. We're both close to the same age and I think bedwetting was dealt with a lot differently decades ago than it is now.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, rubbersheetmike said:

Just til you were 6? For me it was 13 although I had a rubber sheet on my bed until 17. I wasn't allowed to wear diapers either. My folks thought they'd make bedwetting too comfortable. I guess it's an age thing. We're both close to the same age and I think bedwetting was dealt with a lot differently decades ago than it is now.

Yeah, handled and view very differently. I know my mom would talk to others, not so much about me directly, but she would say how she felt about such things. And one being, if a bedwetter has diapers, they won’t stop! 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AbabeBill said:

Yeah, handled and view very differently. I know my mom would talk to others, not so much about me directly, but she would say how she felt about such things. And one being, if a bedwetter has diapers, they won’t stop! 🤷‍♂️

I think back then moms would talk to lots of people including neighbors about their bedwetting kids. I heard my mom discussing my issues with a neighbor one day. You know, the "one day he'll grow out of it like mine did" talk. But back then diapers weren't common at all for overage bedwetting. I remember driving on my bike around the neighborhood in the summer and seeing quite a few soiled pjs and sheets out on lines to dry. My mom hung mine on the line sometimes too when she didn't have the time to use the washer and dryer. There were probably at least ten or more homes with bedwetters within the few blocks around my childhood home. Of course it was the baby boom era so lots of homes had lots of kids.

• Like 1
On 8/6/2023 at 6:28 PM, Greybird said:

Dreadful, I hated it. My father was a bedwetter in his youth and I am sure my parents were less troubled by my bedwetting because of it. I did not have a dry night until I was 12. My mother was a distant kind of woman and took away my nappies when I was about 3/4. I had a plastic sheet on the bed and one cotton sheet on top, but I never got a good night’s sleep. I asked for nappies when I was ten but was turned down. She would get me up in the morning and stand me on the old wooden toilet seat and wash me down before dressing me for school. I was desperate to be dry as were all my friends. At my UK boarding school I wet but less frequently, I was put in a small dormitory with six other bedwetters and hated that too. As I am very dyslexic, which was unheard of in those days (1960s), I was written off as stupid and spent a lot of time on my own, which I think gave me strength, and an enjoyment in my own company. 

I have had a successful life and continue so to do, even to the extent now of enjoying my incontinence (I have always been a bit of an ABDL). I never let it stop me from doing what I want and never shall. Nappies are great, I make my own and always have!!

My Mother was a late bedwetter and My Grandmother told me my mother was nearly 18 before she stopped wetting altogether. Maybe that was why she really chastised me for bedwetting because she didn't want me to be a late bedwetter like her self. 

My nappies were taken away at 8 or 9 years old. 

15 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

This was the view of our District nurse who insisted my Mother took me out of nappies at night. Where as my aunt kept my cousin in nappies at night until he was finally dry at 17. I went back to nappies at 15 after a referral to the continence nurse.

15 hours ago, rubbersheetmike said:

I think back then moms would talk to lots of people including neighbors about their bedwetting kids. I heard my mom discussing my issues with a neighbor one day. You know, the "one day he'll grow out of it like mine did" talk. But back then diapers weren't common at all for overage bedwetting. I remember driving on my bike around the neighborhood in the summer and seeing quite a few soiled pjs and sheets out on lines to dry. My mom hung mine on the line sometimes too when she didn't have the time to use the washer and dryer. There were probably at least ten or more homes with bedwetters within the few blocks around my childhood home. Of course it was the baby boom era so lots of homes had lots of kids.

Yes my sheet was often put on the line unwashed to dry. My matteras was often on the lawn for all to see with its heavy pee stains.

• Like 1

I was born in 1988 and wet my bed virtually every night until around the 8th grade when I started to have an occasional dry night.  By the 9th grade I was having dry nights maybe a quarter of the time-sometimes two or three  days in a row.  I was diapered by my mother in cloth diapers with rubber pants until I was about 6 years old then I started using Goodnites- the original white ones-covered by rubber pants which worked until I was about 10 or 11 and started outgrowing and out peeing them.  For the next couple of years I was using attends diapers with the tabs -covered by rubberpants.  My bed always had a rubber sheet underneath the bed sheet, and in fact my bed at my parents house still has one to this day.  By the time I started high school  I was having dry nights so I tried going without the diapers for a couple of years and just had the rubber sheet.  Well thank God for that, because I did have some dry spells and dry nights-but when I would pee the bed, I would end up wet from my knees to my chin.  I found out growing teenage boys can really pee alot.  After a couple years being marinated in pee, I capitulated and asked my Mom to get me adult .  diapers and adult plastic pants-since by the time I was a senior in high school I had grown to 6'4".  She found them at a medical supply store.  By then I was wet at night maybe 2-3 times per week-but when I was wet- I wet heavily.  My bedwetting has continued more or less to this day.

• 3 months later...

I was a nightly bed wetter into my early teens before I started to have dry nights and yes, I wore diapers.  I was the first in my family to wear disposable diapers (Pampers) from birth.  My siblings were all 10-13 years older then me and Pampers were not around when they were babies.  I wore disposables not only to bed, but on long car rides and plane trips, vacations, when I was home sick, etc., until I was around 13.  I wore Pampers until Luvs and Huggies came out just a year or two before I outgrew them.  After that it was George Disposables youth and adult diapers for the next 10 years.  I think I was 8 or 9 when I started diapering myself at home. Before that my mom or sister diapered me.  My Aunt continued to diaper me until I was 13 when she moved across the country.  I was a nightly wetter into my early teens.  I've always had a weak bladder and had terrible anxiety about wetting my pants without a diaper on.  I was afraid to go places without a diaper for fear of not finding a bathroom in time if we went very far in the car or went shopping, etc.  I was always looking for the nearest bathroom.  By my middle teens I was having more dry nights then wet ones, but it never completely went away.  I still have occasional accidents.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It was pretty awful lol. I think what defined it most for me was how much it stripped away my privacy and kind of regressed me in the eyes of my family. 

I was the youngest of my siblings, and one of the younger cousins of a large extended family. It was not a secret among my family lol. My mom had no shame in talking about it and my siblings loved to tease me about it in front of people. I know among cousins, there were apparently two other bedwetters who were younger than me but they stopped by the time they were in early elementary. And then it was just me lol.

I was a heavy bedwetter until I was 14 and then had occasional accidents for a couple years after. Even worse, when I was a little kid I’d pretty frequently wet myself during the day. As I got older, I even had a handful of accidents as a young teen, including a couple times at my middle school. I didn’t have any kind of medical condition besides bedwetting and I think bad anxiety and learned helplessness. It was part of my personality lol. 

I wet at a bare minimum about a couple times a week, but in general probably every other night. There would be long periods of nightly accidents and occasionally a few weeks with no wetting.

A plastic pad was always on my bed, even past when I completely stopped wetting lol. Diapers were on and off for years but never a totally constant thing. Pretty much whether or not I was wearing a diaper at home between the ages of 8-12 was determined by how sick my mom was of dealing with peed sheets lol.

My mom got tired of dealing with the laundry and introduced the diapers for the first time probably when I was about 8. There were also some occasions around that time when I’d have to wear at parties or family trips because of daytime accidents but that wasn’t super common. 

My siblings were in their early teens at the time. They thought it was the funniest thing in the world that I was back in diapers. Any time they had their friends over for a sleepover, i would try to act older and they would point it out to their friends that I probably had my diaper on already. 

Being in diapers at night made things so much easier. And I honestly found them super soothing right off the bat. But I’d get made fun of so much, I’d go through periods of refusing to wear them. 

My mom would actually change me at first. Later she would just check if I was wearing them, if it looked like I wasn’t. It usually wasn’t hard to tell. Again, I grew up really feeling like I had no privacy and being treated much younger than I was.

As humiliated as they made me feel, I was always pretty shameless and I didn’t make much of a point to hide them around the house. My siblings would always get grossed out in the summer when I’d walk around or sit on the couch or breakfast table in a diaper in the mornings or at night. 

My mom would always get pissed because I’d strip off a soaked diaper or briefs onto the floor and just leave them there.

By the time I was maybe 12 I pretty much refused to wear them at home at all because my siblings just joked about it constantly.

I’d still have to wear them camping and on vacation until I was 14. That was always the worst time because there was really no hiding it and it felt very public, especially if I ended up soaking the bed or the camper. And we’d often go on vacations with my extended family, so I would have to feel like a baby even next to my younger cousins. 

It did not help that always kind of felt like a baby compared to everyone else. I was a kind of sensitive, nervous kid. I was terrible at sports. My family, boys and girls were all very “rough.” But even the other cousins around my age could keep up. I was the constant joke among even among the ones I got along with and it followed me into school. The worst part was having my younger cousins kind of supersede in the pecking order. I got beaten up by one of my cousins in elementary when I was in middle school to the point that I cried.

I felt like a total loser lol and there was no way of really hiding it, especially when I was like thirteen years old and being seen regularly by my family in diapers
  • Like 3
On 12/14/2023 at 10:39 PM, onetoomanywetmornings said:

It was pretty awful lol. I think what defined it most for me was how much it stripped away my privacy and kind of regressed me in the eyes of my family. 

I was the youngest of my siblings, and one of the younger cousins of a large extended family. It was not a secret among my family lol. My mom had no shame in talking about it and my siblings loved to tease me about it in front of people. I know among cousins, there were apparently two other bedwetters who were younger than me but they stopped by the time they were in early elementary. And then it was just me lol.

I was a heavy bedwetter until I was 14 and then had occasional accidents for a couple years after. Even worse, when I was a little kid I’d pretty frequently wet myself during the day. As I got older, I even had a handful of accidents as a young teen, including a couple times at my middle school. I didn’t have any kind of medical condition besides bedwetting and I think bad anxiety and learned helplessness. It was part of my personality lol. 

I wet at a bare minimum about a couple times a week, but in general probably every other night. There would be long periods of nightly accidents and occasionally a few weeks with no wetting.

I felt like a total loser lol and there was no way of really hiding it, especially when I was like thirteen years old and being seen regularly by my family in diapers

It must have been really hard to be the only one. I grew up in a family of overage bedwetters. I had two brothers and a sister who did it too. My older brother who shared a room with me wet his bed more often and to an older age than I did. I think it ran in my fathers family because we had cousins on our fathers side who were our age and wet their beds into their teens. One of these cousins who was my age stayed at our house for several months when I was in early high school (I think because his dad was in jail and his mom had to farm the kids out so she could work?) still peed his bed every night. Our mom was used to dealing with it so maybe thats why she agreed to let him stay at our house.

I did have a medical problem, chronic epilepsy, and I don't know if there was a connection between that and my bedwetting. My daytime pants wetting at school in Grades 5 and 6 was thought to be caused by "absence" seizures I was having at the time that were different from the convulsing seizures I usually had. The medical issue kind of got me off the hook unlike my older brother who was punished. I grew up in the era before disposable products were commonly used. So wetting the bed meant waking up with soaked sheets and pjs in the morning. I had a rubber sheet on my bed and an absorbing pad between the rubber sheet and the bedsheet.

Our mom talked to neighbor moms and our relatives with kids about our bedwetting issues. It was embarassing to hear her discussing it but I guess back then privacy for kids wasn't taken all that seriously. But you and others who wet the bed shouldn't feel like losers for it. As a doctor once told me pee is mostly water and it washes off of us and out of clothing and sheets. Disposable products have also probably made dealing with it easier as well.

• Like 1