LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Help Me Find a Plastic Bed Protector?

Last night I wet the bed for the fifth time this month, officially making almost a quarter of my nights wet so far. Given this, I’m looking to get a plastic/vinyl mattress protector for my twin bed. I don’t technically need it, since my diapers keep the sheets dry, and I haven’t had a leak yet, but I want to be prepared just in case, not to mention, the sound of a plastic sheet on a bed marks you out as a real bedwetter!

I’m looking for something of relatively decent quality, preferably for no more than about $30, that makes a good crinkling sound when sat on. Can anyone provide any recommendations?

Finding legitimate plastic or rubber bed protectors is getting harder and harder . One think that is pretty great is Babykin’s or KINS for adults crib sheeting has two sides of cotton sheeting that feels like heavy duty t shirt cotton with a waterproof barrier sandwiched between (you purchase it by the yard and then make bed sheets , visually nobody can tell it from a bed sheet or know it has a secret . It can be loud when rolling over or changing positions as it is definative protection . I am special needs every thing in my gear bag is wet /mess safe layers . I use an ICU bed at home so everything is clear powder coat or encased rubber . My sheets were made for me about 15 years ago and are used daily 

• Like 2

LL Medico or Mountain View (plastic-pants.com) have elasticized matress protectors. Other places use PUL, such as rearz but I do not trust that. RUBBER PANTIES'R'US lists them in the shopping section. You can get that by using the first rubber panty icon in my siggy

10 hours ago, LilFizz said:

Last night I wet the bed for the fifth time this month, officially making almost a quarter of my nights wet so far. Given this, I’m looking to get a plastic/vinyl mattress protector for my twin bed. I don’t technically need it, since my diapers keep the sheets dry, and I haven’t had a leak yet, but I want to be prepared just in case, not to mention, the sound of a plastic sheet on a bed marks you out as a real bedwetter!

I’m looking for something of relatively decent quality, preferably for no more than about $30, that makes a good crinkling sound when sat on. Can anyone provide any recommendations?

Nothing under a 100.00 will be sufficient we have a place in Canada called sleep country they sell mattress protectors buy the best ones are also bed bug proof too and they coat at least 100.00 depending on the size of mattress

Based on my experience, I think you’ll find sleeping on a plastic covered mattress difficult unless you like the idea and feel of plastic.  Plastic mattress covers reflect your body heat and trap your perspiration in the bedding.  That becomes a very uncomfortable situation after a few hours.  I’d recommend the Peapod mats mentioned above or other breathable waterproof mattress pads.

7 hours ago, WBxx said:

Congrats on another wet night!  Below is the mattress protector (vinyl) I use.  It’s marketed as quiet, but crinkles some with age.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000M5WIM6/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A2F2WXSAC9O5XW&th=1

I don't need one because I sleep in a waterbed (yes, I know they are passe but I like it).  This one from Amazon looks like it would do the job very well and comes in all the sizes.

On 6/21/2023 at 4:17 PM, carsfan said:

Also, I use this product directly on top of my fitted sheet. Works well and comfy to sleep on. https://www.peapodmats.com/?gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwv8qkBhAnEiwAkY-ahnawMQgLGL5TmsnqbAQbyHSgZ8vtgot3c7a_BPBRlik0SRhj6EGs4RoCYCcQAvD_BwE

You may have just help me save my poor bed from further wetting accidents. I had no idea these existed. Thanks!

If you live in a decent sized apartment building or complex, see if you can get one from your buildings management under the guise you want to prevent a chance your bed becomes bed bug infested.

I actually came under an infestation maybe 6-7 years ago, did the treatments, after which management offered me a cloth like bug resistant protector, a bonus point of it is it also was liquid resistant, They gave it to me for free, But I cannot guarantee they will give you a multi-use one like they gave me for free, but if anything, maybe at a price that you wont see them go for in stores. Mine was going for around $120 at the time.

Mine is washing machine capable but its king sized so I have to take it to a laundromat that has large machines.

I am now remembering they gave me another one shortly after I got my (new to me) couch that has a queen sized mattress inside of it, ATTN: Anyone who might put one on a folding mattress..: Try and remove as much air inside of it before you fold it back up into the couch, mine popped first time...

LilFizz said "decent" most of what you can get is crap. From LL Medico or Mountain View, you can get 4 and 7 mil ones. Most other places sell the PUL ones, which are not that retro if that is what you are looking for, and PUL does not offer "brick wall" protection

• 1 month later...

If you like the noise of the plastic, you may look at the plastic sheets from a store like Home Depot, or Lowes, it comes on a roll, and very thick, cut off a piece and cover the mattress and tuck it in it will not leak, but it will have noise to it. And a roll of a hundred ft, that is 10 ft wide, is not really cheap, I think it was about $100. but that will last a life time.