LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Desire to Wear Getting Stronger With Age

I’m in my mid-thirties and the desire to wear and use diapers has only gotten stronger over the years. I still have great life balance and financially more freedom than ever. Dating, friendships, work, and hobbies I enjoy are great and I am able to really pursue what I want, but I have noticed a real increase in almost needing to wear diapers. It’s not a bad thing at all but I find it curious, hot, and interesting that the urge to wear is getting harder to ignore and I’m giving into it more.

It isn’t a medical need but an emotional, mental, and sexual need. I think part of it is I do live by myself and a lot of the hang ups I had about it have dissipated. Even wearing a diaper under my clothes and going to the store or out on my own hasn’t gotten less scary. While I wear for pleasure I can also still be productive in my diapers and I’m figuring out ways to enjoy them and still lead a full life.

It is starting to feel more right to be in diapers than not. After a stressful trip or experience putting on diapers and baby clothes relax me. They make me feel almost secure. Wetting and even messing feels incredible. Wearing a warm wet diaper comforts and relaxes me but also feels incredibly pleasurable. I like how they look on me and they just feel right for me. It’s not getting more boring, it’s honestly feeling better than ever.

I know a lot of this is just becoming more comfortable and embracing diapers and realizing it isn't that big of a deal. It is almost normalizing and conditioning myself after admitting it's okay and I want to wear them. But it does feel like a rolling snowball effect. Over years saying it's okay to not feel guilty, wearing and using more and more often, loving the good feelings I'm getting, then wearing more and more at home and feeling even more comfortable wearing them out of my house, using them outside of my house, to starting to realize I'm wearing them more than not and not resisting it. Like the desire and urge to wear and need to get them on only is getting stronger every year.

Is this the natural path for an ABDL or a diaper lover? Like it went from a curiosity in childhood after some bedwetting and embarrassment of diapers, to an intense sexual fantasy in my teen years, to slowly dipping my toes in and buying and wearing diapers, baby clothes and supplies in my twenties, to a gradual increase of wearing more and more in my thirties. I’m starting to think at some point in the next ten or twenty years I’ll want to just be in them all the time. In a sense that is hot, sort of succumbing to my lifelong desires and becoming emotionally and physically dependent on them.  Like I’m starting to really feel like a truly full fledged diaper boy (maybe I already am?). So I’m just curious for this group, should I continue to expect my need and feelings for my diapers to grow the older I get?

• Like 4

I'm 28 and can relate most of your post. Accepting myself as a diaper wearer has been difficult for me, and for the longest time it felt like I was just going in circles without any progress on accepting myself, but growing older has made me gradually more numb to those thoughts and insecurities.

And I was never incontinent or a bedwetter growing up, and that somehow made it harder to accept myself.
Accepting myself as a whole was a long journey, and i'm happy I made the choices I did. And I would do it again if I had the chance!

So to give you a response;
It certainly seems like i'm on the same path as you are.. but you shouldn't stress about it or force it.. go with the flow... and remember that it's also fine to not want to wear diapers all the time, or the opposite if that's the case. Do whatever you want, discreetly, and you should be totally fine!

Hugs ❤️

• Like 1

I was a DL as a kid, and abandoned all thoughts of that after my stepfather found my stash of homemade diapers and waved them around and yelled at me in front of my family when I was 13. It took me 20+ years go come back to "this" world, and when I did, I dipped my feet in slowly, at first, wearing diapers only when I was away on business in a hotel, or, when I had the house to myself. Gradually, I expanded that, to the point where I found myself sending my family away on vacations without me, or extending business trips, just to get more time to myself. I realized that "this" was costing me a lot of money, and, that it was in danger of coming between me and my family. So, I dove in with both feet, basically, and went 24/7 a bit more than 4 years ago. I've never been happier. And, like you, I have definitely found that my desire to wear increased with age. I think it may have to do with mortality, really - similar to, say, buying a Harley Davidson, or a Porsche, some of these desires have hallmarks of the mid-life crisis to them. You start to realize that you don't have forever to do what you want to, and, as you said, you find yourself with more money and autonomy than you might have had when you were younger. 

Wearing diapers also becomes more attainable as you age, in that it becomes more accepted as a wardrobe choice. I'm still a bit young to wear them full-time, but I look forward to a time when it won't be questioned or raise eyebrows. 

• Like 2

I've noticed that as time goes on and the more I age the stronger the urge is to be a baby. Not only that, but I feel like it's getting easier to slip into that baby headspace the older I get. I've also noticed a stronger urge to throw temper tantrums when I don't get my way and to talk more like a baby in general. I even had the idea once to come out to my mom as an ABDL. But thankfully I didn't go through with it.😅😂🙂 That would've been a disaster. Nevertheless though, my baby side is STILL increasing everyday, and honestly, I don't know what's going to happen. Maybe one of these days I'll finally snap and just go full on baby with my family knowing and all. Because I'll be honest, the older I get the more I don't care about people knowing to tell ya the truth.🙂♥️😃🚼🍼👶💯♥️

• Like 1

I was at the peak of my fetish for diapers in my mid-40s, and I’d been enjoying them for 30 years by then.  Fun times seeing what they could withstand, and how long I could wear them before I became overly excited and aroused.

4AAF06F7-E2E2-4C02-9E97-00493253DADF.jpeg

4D83A020-F891-4C6C-A135-1071BE96A820.jpeg

7ACD5B1F-AE17-4149-A0C4-4F27A06675B5.jpeg

CDF956C3-A776-42C9-BF92-53EAFF6DDE97.jpeg

E42B19B4-4256-424B-A5BB-289EA1D9B4AA.jpeg

8D712A10-CBF5-4811-9BFD-A2267BB5E7E3.jpeg

A094A609-0510-4A84-A7F0-C2F0AFC49B02.jpeg

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Norsken said:

I'm 28 and can relate most of your post. Accepting myself as a diaper wearer has been difficult for me, and for the longest time it felt like I was just going in circles without any progress on accepting myself, but growing older has made me gradually more numb to those thoughts and insecurities.

And I was never incontinent or a bedwetter growing up, and that somehow made it harder to accept myself.
Accepting myself as a whole was a long journey, and i'm happy I made the choices I did. And I would do it again if I had the chance!

So to give you a response;
It certainly seems like i'm on the same path as you are.. but you shouldn't stress about it or force it.. go with the flow... and remember that it's also fine to not want to wear diapers all the time, or the opposite if that's the case. Do whatever you want, discreetly, and you should be totally fine!

Hugs ❤️

Thanks for the response, yea it's interesting how it came about. It started as a huge embarrassment watching pull up commercials as a very young kid. And I did have some bedwetting problems but nothing past 13 or 14 (which I guess might be a little bit old). A lot of it is really just coming to terms and being okay partaking or not partaking but not stressing out about whatever decision you make. Being able to discretely wear or be productive while wearing has actually been a blessing cause I don't feel so isolated at home or feel like I am wasting time just wearing.

6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I was a DL as a kid, and abandoned all thoughts of that after my stepfather found my stash of homemade diapers and waved them around and yelled at me in front of my family when I was 13. It took me 20+ years go come back to "this" world, and when I did, I dipped my feet in slowly, at first, wearing diapers only when I was away on business in a hotel, or, when I had the house to myself. Gradually, I expanded that, to the point where I found myself sending my family away on vacations without me, or extending business trips, just to get more time to myself. I realized that "this" was costing me a lot of money, and, that it was in danger of coming between me and my family. So, I dove in with both feet, basically, and went 24/7 a bit more than 4 years ago. I've never been happier. And, like you, I have definitely found that my desire to wear increased with age. I think it may have to do with mortality, really - similar to, say, buying a Harley Davidson, or a Porsche, some of these desires have hallmarks of the mid-life crisis to them. You start to realize that you don't have forever to do what you want to, and, as you said, you find yourself with more money and autonomy than you might have had when you were younger. 

Wearing diapers also becomes more attainable as you age, in that it becomes more accepted as a wardrobe choice. I'm still a bit young to wear them full-time, but I look forward to a time when it won't be questioned or raise eyebrows. 

It has definitely become more attainable and wearing more and more instead of denying has made me feel so much better. I'm not quite at 24/7 but I am feeling like that is in my future because life is too short to deny it.

I get less and less of that tired feeling of trying to stop and it just feel better and better and more normal to be in diapers more often. I don't entirely know why. Maybe it is knowing there isn't much time, or I've gotten over some kind of hurdle, or just my attraction and desire to be in diapers has grown and I am tired of ignoring it.

5 hours ago, Little Spider said:

I've noticed that as time goes on and the more I age the stronger the urge is to be a baby. Not only that, but I feel like it's getting easier to slip into that baby headspace the older I get. I've also noticed a stronger urge to throw temper tantrums when I don't get my way and to talk more like a baby in general. I even had the idea once to come out to my mom as an ABDL. But thankfully I didn't go through with it.😅😂🙂 That would've been a disaster. Nevertheless though, my baby side is STILL increasing everyday, and honestly, I don't know what's going to happen. Maybe one of these days I'll finally snap and just go full on baby with my family knowing and all. Because I'll be honest, the older I get the more I don't care about people knowing to tell ya the truth.🙂♥️😃🚼🍼👶💯♥️

I don't think i could tell my parents, but I wonder if me wearing diapers would be a surprise considering I still had a wetting accident at nine and as a teenager and I know I wet the bed a lot when being potty trained. Maybe they even saw something growing up about my tendency to be ABDL, I don't know. But yea if a stranger sees something I could not care less.

• Like 1

I don't find my desire to wear diapers changes with my age as I get older but rather it has changed as my relationship with my Daddy continues to grow stronger since we got together five and a half years ago.

When we aren't physically together I just really don't have an interest in wearing diapers without Him there. Diapers have become more of a prop that helps us express our love for one another and our intimate relationship. Without my Daddy being with me diapers are just another type of underwear, which is to say nothing special.

Putting on a diaper myself is honestly kind of boring now. When my Daddy does it though it is so much more emotional, intimate, fun, exciting and well just WAY more enjoyable.

So I guess for me it's not an age thing but rather the depth of relationship with my Daddy that affects and increases my desire to wear.

• Like 2

Yeah, it happens because your sexual urges are still going and growing in your 30's and 40's.  If it doesn't bother you and it's what you want and like, not a problem.  If you are like me, then you excersize will power and control.  I love wearing diapers but I've said many times before, I will not let them control or take over my life.  While I enjoy diapers, I also enjoy my normal non diapered life with friends, coworkers, family, activities and hobbies.  It's a fact from reading the forum posts for well over 10 years there are some members who have gotten more and more into their diapers to the point they have gone 24/7 or have thrown themselves so into the lifestyle that it's mostly what they now want to do.  I never want the fetish to get so bad it controls me instead of me controlling it.  Again, I've stated some people let it get to the point they stop doing things with friends or family such as getting together evenings for a game of cards, a movie, concert or anything because they want to rush right home from work and get into their diapers and play at being a baby or just enjoy wetting or messing themselves and the feelings of being diapered.  If that is the direction they want their lives to go, all power to them.  For me I balance my diaper time with my normal life and doing so make it even more pleasurable by anticipating for days until the time finally comes where I can spend diaper time for myself.  The thing is, it's your choice.  While the desire to wear diapers gets stronger the more you do it, if you want to curb those desires it takes some will power to just decide to go without and do normal everyday vanilla things and hobbies.

• Like 3

My thoughts on this is that by wearing diapers when you have the time, space and privacy conditions you to associate them with comfort. Even if you start out as a horny teen who takes them off as soon as they orgasm the association gets stronger over time. 

So when I started wearing diapers a couple years ago I dove in and started wearing 24-7 right from the start, since then I have noticed that I cannot use the bathroom unless I'm wearing, I think my body has now gotten used to me being in diapers, I also find it becoming easier to want to go #2 as well since starting, I did not need diapers but im starting to feel that my body thinks I do. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Young1 said:

So when I started wearing diapers a couple years ago I dove in and started wearing 24-7 right from the start, since then I have noticed that I cannot use the bathroom unless I'm wearing, I think my body has now gotten used to me being in diapers, I also find it becoming easier to want to go #2 as well since starting, I did not need diapers but im starting to feel that my body thinks I do. 

That's great news buddy! Although I wish you were free to do a #2 in your pants like you want. But maybe someday that will happen, you NEVER know. I'm just really happy to hear that your body is finally used to it enough to where you feel like you need your diapers.😁😊♥️ Big hugs!🤗♥️🚼🍼👶😉💯

Like many things in life, I think wearing diapers is a sliding spectrum. There's no right or wrong- only what is right for you at the current time in your life.  You can wear as much or as little as you want. We've only got one life to live, so if you want to be diapered, be diapered! Some people wear everywhere, some people only wear outside of work, some only wear at home, some only wear on weekends or when they're home alone. Others only wear on days ending in -Y. (I joke, I joke. 😁🤡) The scale can slide back and forth too- you could wear diapers for days/a week/month/etc solid then decide you're good for a while and not wear for days/ a week/ a month etc. You do you, and make yourself happy. :) 

On 5/10/2023 at 12:35 AM, tk11 said:
Is this the natural path for an ABDL or a diaper lover? Like it went from a curiosity in childhood after some bedwetting and embarrassment of diapers, to an intense sexual fantasy in my teen years, to slowly dipping my toes in and buying and wearing diapers, baby clothes and supplies in my twenties, to a gradual increase of wearing more and more in my thirties. I’m starting to think at some point in the next ten or twenty years I’ll want to just be in them all the time. In a sense that is hot, sort of succumbing to my lifelong desires and becoming emotionally and physically dependent on them. 

Some, but not all and "ABDL" is just an arbitrary label that may or may not apply to us.

It was the case for me and ultimately, the only therapy that worked was to go full-time diapered, which I did a bit over four years ago.

It hasn’t always been easy and I haven’t always had fun but in aggregate, I’m happier now than before and I have no wish to go back.  There's not doubt it IS life-limiting in certain ways and I would advocate is as a potential therapy rather than a preferred course of direction.

On 5/11/2023 at 8:21 AM, rusty pins said:

Yeah, it happens because your sexual urges are still going and growing in your 30's and 40's.  If it doesn't bother you and it's what you want and like, not a problem.  If you are like me, then you excersize will power and control.  I love wearing diapers but I've said many times before, I will not let them control or take over my life.  While I enjoy diapers, I also enjoy my normal non diapered life with friends, coworkers, family, activities and hobbies.  It's a fact from reading the forum posts for well over 10 years there are some members who have gotten more and more into their diapers to the point they have gone 24/7 or have thrown themselves so into the lifestyle that it's mostly what they now want to do.  I never want the fetish to get so bad it controls me instead of me controlling it. 

I think there are elements in this that are correct for some people and that the idea that one should "throw themselves" into hedonistically gratifying a "fetish" at the expense of all else is hardly a preferred life option but it's unfortunately worded and I do not accept that it's a universal truth.

Apart from the likelihood that "living" a fetish 24/7 for years on end would get very old, very quickly (chocolate is great - try living on it and nothing else), I’ve had the diaper/nappy fixation thing since pretty much the moment I first came out of them: toddlerhood.

My desire to be in and emotional comfort derived from diapers kicked in a long way before puberty and the kind of sexual imprinting from which fetishes are commonly believed to derive.  At the other end of the road, as late middle age causes urges to fade (or maybe that’s just me), the nappy drive remains as strong (or stronger) than ever.

Sex came and went but the nappies were always.

I have to admit that even I thought it was a fetish for a couple of decades (and it certainly plays out well as one) but in retrospect, I can see that whilst diapers certainly shaped my sexuality, they did not define it.

The implication therefore, that living diapered reflects some lapse of sexual self-control and by implication, a personal failing that falls short of some measure of objective "correct" is not necessarily true and the unconditional nature of that advice risks aggravating anxiety and depression in those who may still be battling this.

There may be a useful parallel to be drawn from trans-folk.  I think it's pretty clear by the 21st century that these people are HARDLY simply over-indulging a fetish for cross dressing by taking it "24/7" but rather resolving a dysphoria.  Not saying that this is the case for you but the example is out there.

There are also fetishists who do (or do not) keep a lid on things.

You'll have to figure out what you are - good luck with that 🤣

• Like 1

It has become stronger for me in last ten years, I only have time on the weekends and now find myself spending time in a diaper past noon, and I know that I have things to do so I have to rush to get them done.

On 5/10/2023 at 3:21 PM, rusty pins said:

Yeah, it happens because your sexual urges are still going and growing in your 30's and 40's.  If it doesn't bother you and it's what you want and like, not a problem.  If you are like me, then you excersize will power and control.  I love wearing diapers but I've said many times before, I will not let them control or take over my life.  While I enjoy diapers, I also enjoy my normal non diapered life with friends, coworkers, family, activities and hobbies.  It's a fact from reading the forum posts for well over 10 years there are some members who have gotten more and more into their diapers to the point they have gone 24/7 or have thrown themselves so into the lifestyle that it's mostly what they now want to do.  I never want the fetish to get so bad it controls me instead of me controlling it.  Again, I've stated some people let it get to the point they stop doing things with friends or family such as getting together evenings for a game of cards, a movie, concert or anything because they want to rush right home from work and get into their diapers and play at being a baby or just enjoy wetting or messing themselves and the feelings of being diapered.  If that is the direction they want their lives to go, all power to them.  For me I balance my diaper time with my normal life and doing so make it even more pleasurable by anticipating for days until the time finally comes where I can spend diaper time for myself.  The thing is, it's your choice.  While the desire to wear diapers gets stronger the more you do it, if you want to curb those desires it takes some will power to just decide to go without and do normal everyday vanilla things and hobbies.

Yes, well stated. As one who has been into this lifestyle for 30 plus years, it's a balance of play time in diapers and my real life with work, friends, social activities, and things that my wife and I do together. Road trips, short vacations, going to the movies, playing games with friends and family............

It's a balance of all this and more, while I love and enjoy my activities in diapers. It's but one part of my life. Everyone has to figure out what's best for them, but a good balance of everything works best for me.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 6:11 PM, DiapergirlWB said:

As I have gotten older I have found that my desire to be diapered has increased a lot.  I am now comfortable being diapoered all the time and not being in a diaper is weird awkward nd causes stress.

It would just feel completely wrong if I didn't have a nappy on now.