LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Did any of you throw away your underwear as soon as you started diaper training?

No.  I approached going 24/7 gradually, for a number of reasons.  Eventually I'd been 24/7 for months, and I needed the space so I binned my underwear.  I hadn't worn it for a long time.  It's all a lot easier if you go there gradually, as you've got plenty of time to learn what works best for you, and sort out any issues.  Of course, this approach misses out the potential big buzz of going from vanilla to relying on nappies in one big life change, but realistically it works better.  And you can pause or retreat as and when you feel you need to.

• Like 4

My wife threw all my normal under wear in the rag bag not long after I started wearing nappies. I only have net fixing pants and padded washable incontinence underwear and of course nappies.

• Like 1

I emptied my underwear drawer and refilled it with plastic pants and compression pants a few years ago.  I put away all my underwear for safekeeping and now I can't find it.

I have ONE hideous pair for emergencies (none to date) and medical checks that include disrobing (once per year for around 1.5 hours).

• Like 1

I started on my 24/7 journey 4 years and a month ago, but dispensing with my "big boy underwear" was a gradual process. At first, they lingered in one of my drawers, and I occasionally threw a pair on over a diaper, rationalizing that it was providing some kind of camouflage under certain circumstances, even though, in reality, it just added bulk. What I really needed, although I hadn't thought of it yet, were diaper shirts. I now own a dozen or so of those. 

I was operating out of a tote bag under my bed for a while, and then I had an epiphany... if diapers were my underwear now, why did unused boxers still command premium drawer real estate? So, the boxers went into the tote bag and I established a diaper drawer. Vacuuming under the bed a while later, I excavated the tote bag, covered in dog hair, and decided to take it out to the garage. I was thrilled by the fact that I no longer had any underwear inside the house that didn't fall under the "diaper" banner, but, I wasn't quite ready to dispense with them yet - part of me still wanted the option if I needed it. But, I stashed them up with my winter tires, where it would take a ladder and some resolve to retrieve them - doing so would be no snap decision. 

About a year and a half later, we were moving houses, and when I threw the tires in my truck to move them, I also threw the bag of boxers behind the seat, so that I would know where they were and wouldn't have to worry about my in-laws coming across them while they assisted us in packing and unpacking. Fast-forward to the end-stages of the move, and I found myself at the dump with a truckload of debris. On impulse, I think when I went to toss out the bag of coffee cups from behind the seat, lo and behold, my hand came across the bag of boxer shorts, and, impulsively, I launched them on a glorious arc towards the dark bottom of a giant dumpster at the transfer station. It was done. The thrill I felt was indescribable, and also, really, illogical, because I could, at any time, drive for 20 minutes and spend $20 and I'd once again own boxer shorts, but, the chain of events that would result in that outcome would, by necessity, pass through a lot of decision gates - many more than would be required were there a pair of musty underwear interred at the back of my sock drawer or whatever. 

Driving away from the dump, knowing that "I wear diapers" was an entirely accurate statement, because I only had diapers at my immediate disposal for underwear, was very liberating, and I still pinch myself sometimes. On the bum. Through my diaper. 

• Like 3

I did and it’s some years ago now. However I still remember the day I took all my boxers from the drawers, put them in a clear plastic bag and carried on to walk down and put them in the trash, only to see the trash being picked up a few days later. It was exhilarating!

I haven’t had any boxers come near my drawers since, and it’s such a nice feeling to have just embraced wearing my diapers!

I don’t even remember what it feels like to wear boxers anymore..

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Lillemai said:

I did and it’s some years ago now. However I still remember the day I took all my boxers from the drawers, put them in a clear plastic bag and carried on to walk down and put them in the trash, only to see the trash being picked up a few days later. It was exhilarating!

I haven’t had any boxers come near my drawers since, and it’s such a nice feeling to have just embraced wearing my diapers!

I don’t even remember what it feels like to wear boxers anymore..

And the cherry on top is replacing your underwear drawer with a diaper drawer. 

When I became incontinent due to my medical conditions, my mom had to throw out all my adult underwear and I was put back into diapers and started training to get use to being in diapers. Being medically Incontinent, I could no longer wear any kind of adult underwear and I'm kept in diapers permanently. My incontinence is on my medical charts and they know why I am kept in diapers.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Enthusi said:

And the cherry on top is replacing your underwear drawer with a diaper drawer. 

After that, all you will know is that those diapers are your underwear.

• Like 1

No, even though I will most likely never wear hem again, its wasteful to just throw them away.

The older ones I use a as rags, then throw it away.

I don't really have that many anyway. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Dubious said:

No, even though I will most likely never wear hem again, its wasteful to just throw them away.

The older ones I use a as rags, then throw it away.

I don't really have that many anyway. 

For me, I have NO need for adult underwear because adult underwear are only for grown ups, big kids and adults who passed potty training. Being an adult baby and Incontinent, I am NEVER, EVER allowed to wear any kind of adult underwear and only allowed to wear diapers. It's why I am so glad I am put back into diapers and glad I am never getting out of them.

• Like 2

@KawaharuI am the same way, adult underwear is not for me no one more since I pee and poop myself no matter if I am diapered or not. I don't do it in the potty no more. I forced myself to not ever be allowed to wear big boy underwear again.