LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Three banks and a credit union

Just now, rusty pins said:

I thought you were going to say, "Three bank's and a credit union walk into a bar...."

Either that or it was the crunchline to  "How many financial institutions does it take to screw in a  light bulb?'

1 hour ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

Either that or it was the crunchline to  "How many financial institutions does it take to screw in a  light bulb?'

Five…one to do it, while the other four stand around saying “I could do that with a lower APR!”

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Had to go to four places to find an ATM that actually had money in it. What the heck is going on today?

@DailyDi

I don't know Mikey, but this day seems like something out of the twilight zone. This week has been very crazy. I dealt with one issue and then I had to deal with another,, and it was even sillier then the one before. Then I get up this morning and I find out that somebody posted that they did something at Walmart that they were embarrassed about, which I believe all of us would not want to do, And then I end up getting a private message from another user on another site telling me some information, And then of course I've had to deal with a chain do my program where I'm not sure when someone will come to help me with my cleaning and on what days, because of a change to the program.

After dealing with what I dealt with this morning, I agree with you We must be in the twilight zone! to have someone tell us that they did something that any one in our community would probably think was totally wrong, then I end up getting messages that say that I'm either long winded or I'm off topic or for some reason going on tangents, And maybe that's the truth, but I've had this weird day, which culminated on Saturday with being told that I could no longer use my devices at my office. after talking to the head of trustees, I was told that I could use the office to use my devices, and that I had done nothing wrong, so the next time this individual tells me that I can no longer do that, I'm to tell them that we are going to take it to the trustees upstairs.

I wonder some days what is going on in the world. are people so silly that they have to be nitpicking over things that don't make any sense, or things that they don't have to worry about? it's a wonder why I want to take a vacation or go somewhere warm with a pretty girl or a bunch of pretty girls, or enjoy something that I really like. I'm not sure, but I certainly do hope my 51st birthday is a hell of a lot different than my 50th! I want to have fun and I want to enjoy my summer, not to be a burden to any one or to have somebody end up saying that they don't agree with me. Whether someone agrees with me or not, that is someone else is right, but sometimes I wonder, because I do my job because I like it, and I do it because that is all I have, and if I didn't have my job I wouldn't have the ability to help people like you like you do here on daily diapers. It is hard to be able to understand and fathom sometimes how someone can take something so minuscule and blow it up to something that sounds like a felony offense!

Luckily I am a very patient man, And I understand that people may have differing opinions. I just get a little annoyed when I continually hear the same thing from my volunteer that tells me I can't do this and I can't do that, when I know I can do this and I know I can do that. Many times I have to I have had to bite my tongue because I did not want to say something, and Saturday I felt like I wanted to explode, but using my skills I was able to maintain composure, and tell the head of trustees exactly the way I felt.

I'm sorry that you were unable to find a ATM with money in it right off, But if you can't find a ATM with money in it, then that is silly, and strange, And if I run into a situation where I get messages that tell me that I am long winded or that I am off topic or going off on tangents, and then get told that a complicated something that was very simple, going on here and I'm not sure exactly what it is.

Brian

4 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

I don't know Mikey, but this day seems like something out of the twilight zone. This week has been very crazy. I dealt with one issue and then I had to deal with another,, and it was even sillier then the one before. Then I get up this morning and I find out that somebody posted that they did something at Walmart that they were embarrassed about, which I believe all of us would not want to do, And then I end up getting a private message from another user on another site telling me some information, And then of course I've had to deal with a chain do my program where I'm not sure when someone will come to help me with my cleaning and on what days, because of a change to the program.

After dealing with what I dealt with this morning, I agree with you We must be in the twilight zone! to have someone tell us that they did something that any one in our community would probably think was totally wrong, then I end up getting messages that say that I'm either long winded or I'm off topic or for some reason going on tangents, And maybe that's the truth, but I've had this weird day, which culminated on Saturday with being told that I could no longer use my devices at my office. after talking to the head of trustees, I was told that I could use the office to use my devices, and that I had done nothing wrong, so the next time this individual tells me that I can no longer do that, I'm to tell them that we are going to take it to the trustees upstairs.

I wonder some days what is going on in the world. are people so silly that they have to be nitpicking over things that don't make any sense, or things that they don't have to worry about? it's a wonder why I want to take a vacation or go somewhere warm with a pretty girl or a bunch of pretty girls, or enjoy something that I really like. I'm not sure, but I certainly do hope my 51st birthday is a hell of a lot different than my 50th! I want to have fun and I want to enjoy my summer, not to be a burden to any one or to have somebody end up saying that they don't agree with me. Whether someone agrees with me or not, that is someone else is right, but sometimes I wonder, because I do my job because I like it, and I do it because that is all I have, and if I didn't have my job I wouldn't have the ability to help people like you like you do here on daily diapers. It is hard to be able to understand and fathom sometimes how someone can take something so minuscule and blow it up to something that sounds like a felony offense!

Luckily I am a very patient man, And I understand that people may have differing opinions. I just get a little annoyed when I continually hear the same thing from my volunteer that tells me I can't do this and I can't do that, when I know I can do this and I know I can do that. Many times I have to I have had to bite my tongue because I did not want to say something, and Saturday I felt like I wanted to explode, but using my skills I was able to maintain composure, and tell the head of trustees exactly the way I felt.

I'm sorry that you were unable to find a ATM with money in it right off, But if you can't find a ATM with money in it, then that is silly, and strange, And if I run into a situation where I get messages that tell me that I am long winded or that I am off topic or going off on tangents, and then get told that a complicated something that was very simple, going on here and I'm not sure exactly what it is.

Brian

Wheew!

Take a breath, we love you. It's all beautiful 😍

*hugses*

🧜‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Banks appear to be scaling back the amount of money they put in the machines because theft of the machines themselves has become brazen.  Your best option is always to go to your bank, and as a matter of courtesy, telephone them in advance if you are making a large withdrawal and you need large bills.  

3 hours ago, Babypants said:

Banks appear to be scaling back the amount of money they put in the machines because theft of the machines themselves has become brazen.

I'd think if someone tried to drive off with the whole ATM it would set off all kinds of alarms. 

On 4/19/2023 at 2:28 PM, rusty pins said:

I thought you were going to say, "Three bank's and a credit union walk into a bar...."

"The prime rate was lowered last week, guys!"

31 minutes ago, Firefly 35 said:

I'd think if someone tried to drive off with the whole ATM it would set off all kinds of alarms. 

"The prime rate was lowered last week, guys!"

In several major urban areas, gangs have literally ripped the ATM's off the walls of commercial establishments.  Security cameras have captured it all for posterity, but I have yet to read about anyone being arrested, never mind prosecuted, for these crimes.  Reducing the amount of cash in ATM's is akin to Walmart shutting down half of its operations in Chicago, and the host of closures that businesses in places like Portland and San Francisco have effected to avoid being bankrupted by shoplifting on the part of these gangs.  

Some guys used a good-sized truck that they'd stolen to yarf an ATM right off its base and make off with it a few weeks ago not far from here. As brazen about it as they were, they got busted for something else using the same truck that had been shown on camera ripping off the ATM.

• Haha 1
On 4/20/2023 at 4:05 PM, Firefly 35 said:

You must be new to this world, ATM's are stolen often, they usually for for ones in gas stations or convenience stores as they are usually a freestanding unit, It usually happens when the location is closed for the night with a stolen vehicle. Most of the time, they will back the vehicle into the main door to bust it down, tie ropes or chains around the ATM and hit the gas and floor it yanking the thing off the thing it may be bolted down into. They will then go to a place where they cant be seen from the road and tear into the machine to get at its cash box then dump the ATM and maybe vehicle.

Some of these atm thefts may take place at a proper bank location where they will use stolen construction equipment, most times a backhoe and rip the machine out of its housing.

1 minute ago, Little_Mouse said:

Thenbanks in Denmark are working to phase out physical money, so that in the near future you will only be able to use your credit cards and internet or mobile payment services. Physical money will soon be a thing of the past.

I hardly ever use cash, that's what made it all the more annoying just needing $20 cash to pay for something in an inconvenient way lol

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

I hardly ever use cash, that's what made it all the more annoying just needing $20 cash to pay for something in an inconvenient way lol

I agree it's annoying. Some of our stores already have checkouts where you can no longer use cash.

My hairdresser only takes cash and we only have one ATM left in my community. Ten years ago, every bank had at least one ATM each. Open 24h. with money available almost always. 

It's a really big problem for the elderly who still want to have "real money in hand" and feel insecure and alienated about the mobile services and money they can't see or get hold on physically.

• Like 1

Cash is on the way out in Norway. Even the elderly pay with card. 
Everyone has a way to take the money by card or some other service. 

I get cash money for birthdays and favors, but its more convenient for me to put the money in the bank, and pay with card. 

• Like 1

I try not to use cash as much as I can, most of my life now can be done without using cash.

But, there are times when I need cash to pay someone for something they did for me, My bank which is near to where I live is the only ATM within easy walking distance to a concert and festival venue, so during summer events, the machine could be out of cash fast on weekends. I cant see why this atm would be cash limited as the place is right around the block from the police station so the perps would have to be really brave to yank it out of the wall.

• Like 1
On 4/21/2023 at 10:47 AM, vvp39 said:

Some guys used a good-sized truck that they'd stolen to yarf an ATM right off its base and make off with it a few weeks ago not far from here. As brazen about it as they were, they got busted for something else using the same truck that had been shown on camera ripping off the ATM.

Crooks are stupid, otherwise they wouldn't be crooks!   They are so dumb ATM's should put a sign on their machines like they do at gas stations.  "This ATM has only $50 in it - employees do not have access".

• Like 1

I do still use cash - though not very often.  And I don't see it going away in this country.   Not when you have "extortionate" fees being charged by the credit card companies and payment services on top of whatever you're having to pay for.   Most of my purchases end up on my debit card.  

I will stay way clear of anything like ca$happ/venmo/zelle and will never use my phone as a means of payment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Countries want to get rid of cash money, as lots of people use it to avoid tax. 

I have been paid in cash many times, and never reported it as income. 
But sadly it happens less and less, cause people don't have cash anymore. 

Now I'm being paid in goods, still illegal, but at least someone paid tax for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good conversation, as an older person nearing 62 and my wife is the same age. She likes cash and is not a fan of debit cards, we do have two or three credit cards that we use for airmiles and cash back rewards. But generally she likes to pay cash for most things. I myself have been ordering online for years now, using a debit card or credit card. It's funny as we don't carry a balance on any of our credit cards, and pay them off monthly. And she does online banking and pays most of bills this way, but in her mind cash is king and way more convenient.

• Like 1

It took me a long time to get a debit card for my checking account and I do find it convenient, however there are some things I watch for.  It's easy to just pull out a debit card for all purchases and use it all the time because, unlike money in your wallet, you might not know how much you have left in your account using a debit card.  With money in your wallet you know, "Geez!  I'm down to my last $10".

Second, I am very careful not to ever use a debit card linked to my checking of bank account at many places, such as gas station, on line purchases, EBAY, etc.  Why?  Someone gets hold of your account numbers,  including a skimmer on a gas pump, they can drain your bank or checking account in minutes!  Instead I use a credit card.  If I see (and I have several times) unauthorized charges from Europe or other places, I call my bank, they investigate and remove the charge from my credit card so I don't have to pay it, and then change my card number.  With a credit card I haven't actually paid the money yet and can dispute it where as a debit card can drain your checking before you even know it's happened.

On 5/7/2023 at 3:19 PM, rusty pins said:

With a credit card I haven't actually paid the money yet and can dispute it where as a debit card can drain your checking before you even know it's happened.

There's exceptions to that too.  Bradford Exchange got in a lot of trouble years ago when customers who placed one order were charged for multiple subsequent orders and because they had shipped all subsequent orders, they made the claim that they were not defrauding the customer (which is obviously not true).  Their reputation tanked enough to where they had to start getting their act together but you still see this kind of scam a lot on food delivery apps and the like.