LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tape tears

1 minute ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Duck tape, the AB's friend.

Amen! Diapers too expensive, duct tape fixes everything. 

?‍♂️

• Like 2

Dollar store clear packing tape fixes tapes reinforces tapers repairs pinholes , I have gotten bags of diapers with a fuck ton of loose SAP granules . A strip of tape is like a magic eraser . If I am going out in a disposable my aide puts a continuous piece all the way around keeps the plastic from stretching .

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Cruiser 03 said:

Dollar store clear packing tape fixes tapes reinforces tapers repairs pinholes , I have gotten bags of diapers with a fuck ton of loose SAP granules . A strip of tape is like a magic eraser . If I am going out in a disposable my aide puts a continuous piece all the way around keeps the plastic from stretching .

Vouching for clear packing tape, it also looks much better than duct tape when applied.

• Like 3

My most frequent issue are the lower tapes simply popping off.  Happens on a few different brands.  I use the Gorilla clear tape. 

54 minutes ago, Apache Raccoon said:

You mean it rips off? not sure that's ever happened to me.

Happens far too often to me.  Several times on this latest case of Abrifoms. 

• Like 2

Easiest thing in the world.  Diaper pins!  Who says you can't use them on disposable diapers?  When Pampers first came out decades ago I seem to remember they had to be pinned on like regular cloth diapers, there were no tapes.  I have never had any problems folding over the diaper on itself front and back where the tape tore and pinning it on like a cloth diaper.  One big advantage - you can fit several diaper pins in your pants pocket without any trouble.  Lets see you do that with a roll of duct or packing tape when changing in a restroom somewhere and you have a tape failier!  You can see by the picture I took while on vacation almost 2 years ago I had to use 2 diaper pins on a Mega Max when I had a problem with the tapes and they worked just fine.

6a.jpg

• Like 1

For cloth backed diapers with hook and loop closures, when the tape rips off from the back wing I just staple it back into position on the back wing, then once I put my diaper on and the tabs are positioned to the front panel of the diaper where it hold the diaper on snugly, then I staple the tabs closed so they can't pop open. (Abena Abri-form I'm looking at you for both these issues. Good absorbency, horrible tapes.)   

For plastic backed diapers when a tape won't stay in place...well, duct tape truly fixes everything!  I've never had a tab rip off the back of a plastic backed diaper. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Easiest thing in the world.  Diaper pins!  Who says you can't use them on disposable diapers?  When Pampers first came out decades ago I seem to remember they had to be pinned on like regular cloth diapers, there were no tapes.  I have never had any problems folding over the diaper on itself front and back where the tape tore and pinning it on like a cloth diaper.  One big advantage - you can fit several diaper pins in your pants pocket without any trouble.  Lets see you do that with a roll of duct or packing tape when changing in a restroom somewhere and you have a tape failier!  You can see by the picture I took while on vacation almost 2 years ago I had to use 2 diaper pins on a Mega Max when I had a problem with the tapes and they worked just fine.

6a.jpg

I got this idea from Rusty, although I totally forgot I had pins I bought because I messed up a Str8up shortly after getting it on one time like a week or so ago and ended up throwing it away. RIP.

• Like 2

I pretty much never throw a diaper away. If it's a catastrophic failure, such as the entire wing detaching, then it might be relegated to a stuffer in another diaper, some day when I need 18 hours of range. That scenario is mercifully rare, though. I have both white duct tape, and clear packing tape under the sink in our bathroom - if it's a plastic diaper, then that's what I use. If it's a hook-and-loop type, I'll use a stapler, although I guess a pin would work as well. 

On a side note, a tab failure precipitated the only occasions where I've ever had my wife help me put on a diaper - I was farting around with with making a new tab, complete with a grab edge, and my wife said "Gimme that...", so, curious, I did. She then proceeded to apply about a two-foot piece of tape around my waist from one hip to the other, after which, she accused me of overcomplicating things! 

• Like 2

I have also used a stapler like Cute_Kitten when a tape came off from the back.  I have had them come off the back of plastic diapers as well as cloth backed ones.  A stapler works great if at home and one is handy.  I still maintain that diaper pins are cheap, convenient and easy to use anywhere to pin a disposable on.  Another thing - when it's time to change diapers it may be a lot easier to just unpin it than trying to rip through duct tape or packing tape.

• Like 1

Not a fan of using duct tape - partly because it is so damn hard to tear.   That's one reason I really like that clear Gorilla tape.  It's got a serrated edge that makes it easy to tear by hand.  And it's ridiculously sticky unlike your common packing tape.   Yes, it is way more expensive than packing tape ($9/roll), but perhaps like premium diapers, you don't need to use as much.  I certainly don't ever need to run a strip the width or even fully circumnavigate my belly. 

• Like 1