LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Changing habbits

At present I usually try to change when I feel my nappy is reaching its capacity but not always as will be explained below. I seem to be settling into this kind of pattern.

If wearing at night 1 nappie is more than enough and will easily see me through 7 - 9 hours of wearing depending on how early I awaken.

If going 24/7 as I am at present for a few days I find that I will usually start with a clean nappie in the morning 7am - 10am and not need a change until between 2pm - 5pm.

I will then change and be fine up until bed time or leave them off until bedtime if my kids plan on cuddling up with me to watch a movie in the evening. They don't need to know of my choices in this.

I feel my nappies could sometimes go longer and take more of a wetting but I worry about how long I should keep the same one on after the initial wetting.

I am using Drylife slip super and they seem to very absorbant with no real leaks so far. Only started wearing at the end of December.

What are your changing habits? and how long after the initial accident do you wait before changing despite probably having more absorption potential in your nappy?

Thanks.

i only wear diapers when im going to bed or when im sick(better that than a case of the cough cough uh oh and ruined undies, ruined diaper no big deal), and i wake up annoyingly dry most of the time, so i i replace the diaper roughly every 4 to 5 days, or when it starts to itch(makes them last longer, cost is an issue, even though i get them free because mom gets points on her insurance thing she uses to get them)

• Thanks 1

I wake up with my soaked BetterDry diaper, and wear it for about an hour after I get out of bed until I finish messing.

Then I'll put on my 12+ hour daytime diaper, a ConfiDry24/7 with an Abena "Boost" Booster.

However if I'm just staying home i'll wear my Threaded Armors with some Gary Wear plastic Pants.

Then I get padded up for bedtime in my BetterDry.

• Thanks 1

I have a similar pattern to yours, @Coffee2Sugars. I'm typically a 2 -3 diaper a day person. I often shower an hour or two before going to bed, so you call that the point where the cycle starts; I typically put on a larger, overnight diaper, when bulk isn't going to be a concern because I'm home. I don't wet reliably at night, and even when I do, it's usually not that much (with the exception of weekend nights when I might have had a few beers or glasses of wine before turning in for the night). I usually work from home, so often, I'll spend a good part of the next morning in the same diaper I wore to bed. Diaper #2 comes into play around lunch or a little after, and often it will be a "middle-weight" product, something I can wear when I'm running errands later in the afternoon or early evening. If all I have on the agenda is hanging out at home, I might keep that diaper on, go for a hike, come home, shower, and put on another overnight diaper, making it a two-diaper day.

However, often, I have somewhere to be in the evening, say, visiting my parents or meeting a buddy at a pub, or one of the kids' activities or going to the gym, in which case that midday diaper gets swapped for a third diaper, because I like to leave the house in a fresh diaper if I can, as it means I usually don't have to change until I get back. 

• Thanks 2
15 hours ago, CodHero24 said:

I wake up with my soaked BetterDry diaper, and wear it for about an hour after I get out of bed until I finish messing.

Then I'll put on my 12+ hour daytime diaper, a ConfiDry24/7 with an Abena "Boost" Booster.

However if I'm just staying home i'll wear my Threaded Armors with some Gary Wear plastic Pants.

Then I get padded up for bedtime in my BetterDry.

Will have to try a booster and a confi dry. 12+ hours seems a lot to ask of a product but I am intrigued to at least try.

Thank you everyone that has replied x

• Like 1

I am fairly accurate about knowing when I am about to leak, so I may not change for as long as 12 hours when wet, depending on my diaper choice and wetting frequency. When I mess, since I enjoy a messy diaper, I may not change for three hours if the social situation dictates this amount of time in my poopy diaper.

• Thanks 1

I change when its soaked, or something is getting sore, usually my balls. 
I can feel how soaked it by dragging my finger along the edge.
New diaper fixes most problems. 

Medical diaper usually last 12+ hours.
ABDL diaper usually last 24+ hours. 

• Thanks 1

I put on a boosted BetterDry when i prepare for bed, sometimes its so full that i need to change right after standing up, otherwise i wear it a few hours longer (if im at home that morning and dont have to shower/dress up for the public).

Usually i need 2 more BetterDrys (no booster) for the rest of the day.

• Thanks 1

I wear all the time. I don’t really have a pattern. I change when I think I need to. My diaper is changed when I wake up because it will be wet and sometimes poopy. If I am going out and my diaper is a bit wet ,then it is changed before going out. If I am staying in, it is changed when it needs to be changed. Really, it depends on how much I drink throughout the day. 

• Like 3

For me, being an adult baby, I don't have a pattern at all. I change my diaper when it's completely soaked or leaking. My diapers get changed when I get up in the morning either because I soaked them or pooped in them. If I am going to work or out and around town, I am changed in a thick diaper before I am out of the house. I only change my diapers when it leaks, poops, or when an adult, grown up or big kid tells me they can smell my stinky diaper. It's why being an adult baby, I am kept in diapers permanently and I don't have to worry if I mess or leak because I am in them and my mom makes sure I am using them and checks on them for me, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I normally change 4 times per day. I normally get 4 to 6 hours in each diaper unless I poop. When I poop, I normally change about an hour after I poop because I wait about an hour each time just to make sure I am finished pooping.

• Thanks 1

I only use diapers at night when I am alone as my partner really is not aware of my DL tendency.. I dont need to but choose to. I normally wear a good capacity diaper and pull a pair of plastic pants over them. Between the diaper and the plastic pants I use a cloth [bambo] booster pad to catch any random leakes. I use a onesie to hold everything in place. SOmetimes it gets used sometimes not. As I work from home and when I am alone I will stay in that configuration until lunchtime or when diaper capacity has been reached [whatever comes first]. Then shower and clean up. 

• Like 1

I'm mostly two high capacity nappies per day.   Sometimes three per day but that's usually when I'm wearing cloth.

Changing times are driven largely by time of day.  I change out of my night nappy at around 6:30am on work days and 8am on others.

My day nappy will generally run through until about 6pm (I use a very high capacity disposable) whereupon I'll have my evening shower.   It's too hard to change at work so I wear products that don't require me to change them.  Most nights I will go into another high capacity disposable that will last through until the next morning or, it's a "3 nappy" day, I might use a low capacity "evening" product.

Changing is time-driven, not wetness.

As I've been 24/7 for more than 4 years, I pee semi-automatically in very small volumes very frequently.  It would be unusual for me to remain dry for longer than one hour after a change, usually it's even less than that.  I find that nappies perform better under these use-cases anyway and mostly, I don't notice being wet anymore unless I stop and think about it.

• Like 1

There are many variables that come into consideration when gauging when it's time I change my diaper. If I am at home and am going about my normal day I likely will be in the same diaper for 6-10hrs as long as it isn't too full or as long as it doesn't feel like i'm going to leak. 

At work its a little bit different. Ill change my diaper a bit more often in lieu of trying to hide monster bulk. I wear premium AB/DL diapers such as Tykables Waddlers or Rearz braded diapers which have the absorbency I need but add a lot to the bulk factor.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an aide she changes me every 4 hours when she catheterizes me ( my bladder doesn’t fully empty regardless of Incontinence . Those are my base changes , I am rapidly cleaned and changed each time I mess but that kinda changes daily I take medication 1 hour before food that requires my bowels move so if I am tired and sleep in or can’t sleep so I am up early changes when I eat and when I take medication and that changes when I fill my diaper . My bowels and bladder seldom consult each other. It would be great to have a medication that could require complete emptying of my bladder the way my bowel does .. then again as it is my diaper or my aide controls emptying , I just lay here and it happens .nothing would really change if a medication did that . I would still requires mature adult supervision of activity and frequent diaper changes to live .