LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Have you ever been to a DL event?

Dyson

I have never allowed anyone to see me in my diapers (unless you count a couple of accidental sightings, but that’s another story). But recently I’ve been thinking it might be interesting to go to a diaper meetup. I am curious to hear about other people’s experiences. Have you ever been to one? What was it like? Was it weird at first letting other people see you in a diaper?

• Like 2

I've been to little events like munches and meet and greets but the rule was no visible diapers. Personally I have no interest in anyone seeing me in a diaper except my Wife and my Daddy so we don't go to play parties ourselves.

• Like 2

So I'm an event neophyte myself; I'm curious about them but have concerns about privacy as well. I'm not an exhibitionist, but at the same time, what intrigues me is essentially what prompts me to participate here: the idea of meeting up with like-minded people and participating in some sort of community. To date, I have participated in a couple of events, and also met up with one person from this site, for lunch. 

The events were all at Rearz; I actually think I've been to maybe three or four of them, but for two of the four, all I did, really, was pick up an order. Of the other two, one was a warehouse sale, and the other was a Halloween party. Both were very well conducted, in my opinion, in terms of making everyone feel comfortable and relatively secure. They applied stickers to cell phone cameras on the way in, which is far from foolproof, obviously, but everyone seemed to abide by the request that nobody inadvertently be made to participate in someone else's social media feed. 

The warehouse sale featured some great prices on products, as well as snacks and drinks and a guest speaker, and allowed people to mingle and chat if they wanted to. The staff walked around and met people and answered questions and generally participated. Pretty much everyone there was dressed more or less in street clothing. A lot of them likely had diapers on, as befits the venue, but, for the most part, it wasn't obvious. There were a few people dressed up more, mostly younger women either in anime-themed outfits, or dressed "mildly" as littles, maybe with pacifiers or wearing short-alls, but nothing extreme and no exposed diapers. I wore jeans and a sweatshirt, my weekend "uniform", more or less, and I had a diaper on, but then again, I always have a diaper on. I wore something from Rearz; I figured it was the polite thing to do. 

The second event, the Halloween party, featured more "dress-up", as to be expected, but again, nothing offensive or over the top. Some people were dressed as littles, some people were dressed as Super Mario or a construction worker or a witch or whatever. I wore medical scrubs. Again, a good number of people had diapers on, but, nobody really flaunted them. They had a room set up for diaper changes, and a "decorate a pacifier" station, and a scavenger hunt, and snacks and drinks and a gift bag, and products on display and on sale. 

It was really interesting to chat with people in the venue and under those circumstances. The funny thing is, we mostly talked about, I don't know, the cost of car insurance or trips we had taken or our dogs or whatever - it wasn't all about the diapers, even though we were surrounded by what could be several lifetime supplies of them. It might be cool to attend another of their events with a plan to meet up with someone from here, if only because a lot of the people there were travelling in pairs or small groups, and being a lone individual who didn't want to impinge on anyone's privacy or interrupt anyone, I did stand around a fair bit before being welcomed into the occasional conversation. That's not who I am "in real life" - I attend business events solo and socialize, it's part of what I do for a living, but, I found it a bit harder to bring myself to broach people's "circles", because of the nature of the event. Questions of what they might think of me, what motives might they might suspect, etc, all played through my mind, particularly with younger people; what's this middle-aged "old guy" after? So, I wasn't as forward as I could have been. Still, I met a few people. 

The lunch I had with the fellow I met here was similarly low-key and quite normal. He and I had chatted via email and realized we where in the same area and even similar industries, so we both decided to take the plunge, and we met up at a restaurant that was proximal to both of us. It was going out on a bit of a limb for us both, neither of us having met up with anyone from "here" before, but based on what I'd read of his posts and based on our conversations, I was pretty sure that he was looking for lunch and friendly conversation, not an alternative-lifestyle tryst, not that there's anything wrong with that, but, it wasn't what we were shopping for. 

The lunch was great; the fellow was a well-spoken professional, entirely "normal" person, which was reassuring. As is generally the case, we never talked about what we were wearing under our clothing, and the predominant topic of this site only came into the conversation with respect to talking about our personal histories a bit. Overall, it was an entirely charming and prosaic breaking of bread between two people. I'd definitely do it again. 

That said, "your mileage may vary" - my advice would be, if you plan to meet up with someone in real life that you first encountered on the wild and vast online frontier, that you both are very clear about what you are after, and that you do it in a public place at a busy time, etc. I would say that my first experience doing this went extraordinarily well; it could have gone in another direction, obviously. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went to a local area DL party once.  A DL friend of mine told me about it and said he would be there.  There were about 8 people in total and we mostly sat around in a small room talking for about 3 hours.  A few of us took off our pants and sat around in just diapers and there was a spare bedroom where we could go to change our diapers if needed.  We had some pot luck dishes but it was basically just a group of people sitting around and chatting, some in just shirts and diapers and others with cloths on over their diapers.  For me, it's, "Been there, done that, don't need to do it again".  Someday in the future I may be tempted to do so again but it would have to be a better gathering with more people, things to do, etc.  As long as privacy is respected and no pictures or videos.

Ive never been to any avents im in the UK so dont really know if theres any in the UK. But what a read on DD theres been a few pub meets, chat and a few drinks. But its just catching  the meetings when some puts up a post, and would have to be some where  local,as i live in the northeast.

• Like 1
Just now, Rachel1 said:

Ive never been to any avents im in the UK so dont really know if theres any in the UK. But what a read on DD theres been a few pub meets, chat and a few drinks. But its just catching  the meetings when some puts up a post, and would have to be some where  local,as i live in the northeast.

I am suprised. There is an  "LG camp", or there used to be, roughly in conjunction with GirlTalk To

• Like 1

I've been to plenty over the past 35 years, the most recent was on Saturday.  I was terrified the first time I went to one - it was the first time anyone had seen me as an AB.  And excited as well.  These days I'm well used to it of course.  The events vary a lot: sometimes it's a group of middle-aged men in nappies talking about their cars - not really my scene!  The ones I love most are where there are lots of young people, in their twenties and early thirties mostly, with a good mix of sexes and a lot of fun.  Of course I'm a lot older than most of them, but they are just younger versions of me in a lot of ways, and I feel comfortable in the environment.  And yes, most of us are wearing nappies, and kids outfits, and just enjoying ourselves without worrying about it.  There's safety in numbers!

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Rachel1 said:

where was the little girl camp christine  would that be in the states?

Since GirlTAlk To was in the UK and popular with LG's in the US There was an LG camp in both places. I do not know where the one in UK is or was

This might be a silly question, but does it smell often? I assume rules state on not messing in the public area, but at the same time, does it happen?

18 hours ago, Wheels said:

This might be a silly question, but does it smell often? I assume rules state on not messing in the public area, but at the same time, does it happen?

It's a good question, but I've never known it be a problem - I've never noticed anything.  Most events have a 'no messing' rule anyway (but not all).  Anyway, I can't smell as much these days - thank you Covid!  Mind you, having a limited sense of smell means I'm having to take extra care over my own hygiene, just in case.

Never been to large meetings, but I did have short period where I had a friend that was into diapers, a very short period, as he just vanished, don't remember why, but I guess he moved.
Also met up with another guy, but he also moved.

and both those was over 10 years ago. 
I don't really care anymore.