LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does Being Really Wet Ever Make You Self-Conscious?

Does being really wet ever make you self-conscious in front of others? Tick all that apply.   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Does being really wet ever make you self-conscious in front of others? Tick all that apply.

• Never. There is no such thing as too wet!
    • Yes, when I'm obviously wet, I can feel a bit embarrassed about it.
    • My partner wouldn't care, but I might.
    • My partner probably does care about that, but not me!
    • When I get changed is not up to me, but I still feel badly about it.
    • When I get changed is not up to me, so I give it no concern.
    • I do not let my partner see my diaper if I am obviously wet.

For those of you who wear diapers in front of other people, be they your spouse, partner, playmate, caregiver, etc, is there a point at which your diaper gets so wet that it starts to make you self-conscious?

I thought about this the other day, because I'd spent several hours in my office working on a project, and when I headed up to our bedroom to get changed out of work clothes for the evening, my wife was there. I realized as soon as I started undressing that my diaper, a Rearz Inspire+, was really heavy and saggy. I'm normally past being self-conscious about wearing diapers in front of her, because she's seen me in them a million times by now - printed ones, white ones, cloth diapers, etc - but, looking like a neglected toddler, as I did, I felt somewhat embarrassed, as though I'd ignored a responsibility or had been caught doing something naughty. Obviously, she knows what happens in my diapers, but still, being that way felt a bit too unabashed, in the moment. Although she made no comment, I sheepishly went into the bathroom and changed it. 

If you were soaked then that's good because without the diaper you'd have had to visit the toilet several times which would have been a real nuisance.  And the next dry diaper will feel much better!  At least your sensible and know when to change before you leak.

It's important to think positively about these things :)

• Like 2

For me, I NEVER feel bad when I soak my diaper. To me, it's just a reminder for how much of a BIG BABY I am! And how much I NEED my Diapers!??????♥️??♥️????????

• Like 1

Anything south of leaking doesn't bother me at all.  I'm nearly always wet to some extent or another.  I don't like leaks though.  Usually however, leaks as they occur manifest as an all-but-invisible damp patch on a rear thigh now and then.

I don't go out of my way to expose a wet diaper to my partner but I don't go to the same efforts to hide it as I might have a few years ago.  I am what I am.

• Like 1

I haven't ticked any of the boxes as none seem to quite fit for me.  I don't get embarrassed, but I do start worrying if my nappy feels so wet I might start leaking.  I wish the decision of when to change me was someone else's responsibility, but in reality it isn't, so I need to worry about it to some extent.  It's not a big deal for me though.

• Like 2

I never know how wet my diaper really is unless I put my hand in my rubber panties and feel it directly. I get a clue by the weight of the diaper but that is only a rough estimate. Also, when I smell, which the Dollies like

• Like 1

It's a bit hard to decide how to respond to this...

I picked "embarrassed when obviously wet" because...well, I would be...If it were obvious? 

Most of the time I don't care until I start to worry about leaking...and if I'm wet, it isn't obvious.

It's when/if I leak that I would feel embarrassed...because at that point it may be obvious (but usually isn't). Still, I feel mostly shame for having let that happen or (as it is 99% of the time) having gotten hyperfocused on something and completely forgotten about needing to change. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, TinyBunny said:

If you were soaked then that's good because without the diaper you'd have had to visit the toilet several times which would have been a real nuisance.  And the next dry diaper will feel much better!  At least your sensible and know when to change before you leak.

It's important to think positively about these things :)

As @TinyBunnysays, If you didn't have the diaper, you would have made a mess, or you would have probably had to be running back and forth to the toilet. Yesterday for example, I changed five times, because, because for some reason something was not right with my stomach, and my allergies were kicked up to Max: I was having problems with my eyes just burning like crazy, and they still a running like crazy, so I don't exactly know what to deal with that.

Having a diaper means that you don't have to run, and you can take the time that you need in order to use it, and you don't have to worry about it. That's the whole reason wearing a diaper right? Most people would probably say that it's not a very good idea, but when you end up having an issue we are constantly running back and forth between doing something you want to do, such a sleep, read a book, listen to music, and you constantly have to go to the bathroom every 5 to 8 minutes, it can get annoying.

Also every time you change a wet diaper, you end up having benefit of having a dry one put in its place. When I answered the poll, I said never. I'm not really worried about wetting, because it's gonna happen,, the only thing you have to be careful of is to make sure you have the proper protection on to make sure that anything you wet is not going to cause you too much difficulty. That's why when I'm away from home I always have a trifecta over the top of any diaper I have on. I've learned from experience not to let the small stuff scare me or worry me, because incontinence is nothing to fear, and it's nothing to be scared of, and it's nothing to be ashamed of. if you wet your diaper, that's what it's there for, it's not there to look pretty is it? no! it's there for someone to use, and that's what I do.

The only disadvantage may be that with my situation yesterday, with something bothering my stomach, and something bothering me with my allergies, my eyes were burning like crazy, and it seemed like I having an issue because something was going through my stomach, probably something I shouldn't eaten, but in the last two days I've changed seven times. And that can be a pain in the neck, especially if you do it in one day. i've gone back to Mega Max's because I don't wanna burn through my supply of Tykeables. those diapers are awesome, and I only have four packages, and I'm on my second now.

I hope the heck whatever is going on, I can clear this 'cause it is a bothering me a little. Wearing a diapers nothing, that's the easy part, dealing with my stupid allergies and my stomach sometimes can be a pain in the butt!

Brian

• Like 1

Well, I just answered my own question again. Yes.

I am sitting up in my office wearing an ABU Alphagatorz, and my diaper did one of those annoying things that sometimes happens, where it's not entirely saturated, but it's pretty wet up front, and then a trickle of wetness goes running off towards my hips, rather than taking the path that you'd assume gravity would require, toward the less-saturated rear of the diaper. That trickle that went on an adventure wet the side of the track pants at the hip, so I took them off and hung them over the heater. 

So, I was sitting in my office in just the ABU and a sweater, when my wife came up to use my printer. I knew that if I made a dash for the pants, she'd hear it, and that would be more conspicuous than just doing nothing, so I stayed at my desk. She came into my office and barely blinked - me sitting around in a diaper is not front page news these days. However, then she had issues with my printer, and I had to get up and walk over to help her, and I could feel that my diaper was pendulous and swollen, and it made me self-conscious. I wanted to say, "But this is a $6 diaper! I have to use as much of it as I can!", but that would have just opened up another can of worms. 

Well, yes! I have leaked before actually sitting in my chair as I right now in my night diaper with a pee pad and plastic pants that I just got from InControl. I wet my diaper sleeping and soaked it as I slept, I actually woke up somewhat and oh. A short while later my alarm goes off and I getting up and moving and wetting my diaper I could my diaper drooping Thank Goodness for Plastic Pants to keep things in place my diaper is drooping. 

I started wearing diapers and Plastic Pants to bed about 4 months ago when I was lying in bed and started wetting and waking up and trying to get to the big boy toilet to go potty as I was wetting myself getting across the room trying to hold my dripping and wet under wear to get to the potty. It was running down my legs and I had wet underpants. I tried to tell myself this was just a onetime thing. You see in the past I had worn diapers only for long trips in the car and when I would be out and about not knowing where the toilet would be. I now wear my diaper and plastic I will say 24 hours 6 days out of 7 trying or thinking I am a big boy and later that day I find I am not have to run to the potty and when I finished, I go and put a diaper on at 67 almost 68. Thanks for listening or reading this.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It doesn’t matter how wet I get I have to get permission to change . 
be it by my daddy (Parent) or family or my friends.

this is done by many different ways my daddy likes for me to pull down my pjs, plastic pants and do a visual check. 
my family likes to squeeze the front of my diaper and pat the back . 
my friends will do both depending on the situation. 

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, stevewet said:

I've been in nappies 24/7 for 10 years and my wife sees me change and sees me in wet nappies all the time. I have got to the point I no longer care what others think.

I hope I get there someday. My wife has been looking at me haunting the house in a diaper for the better part of four years now, and I'm *mostly* completely unselfconscious about it, but there are some exceptions, things that still put butterflies in my stomach or can redden my cheeks. Those include being in a negligently wet diaper, wearing cloth diapers, printed plastic pants, and overtly pink diapers. 

When I'm really wet (to the point of leaking), all I'm concerned about is changing as soon as possible. I guess you could call that self-concious. The people I'm with at that moment (my kids, co-workers, strangers) are completely irrelevant.

None of the above options were applicable.

• Like 1

Yes. When my diaper is really wet it is really swollen. I get really self-conscious about the bulging crotch area. Luckily I generally work alone but there are times when I have to be around others.

• Like 1
On 1/24/2023 at 8:36 AM, Moochie said:

A very wet diaper is not embarrassing for me as long as I don't leak.

Same here. I always wear to the point of leaking when at home.

On 2/28/2023 at 4:08 PM, cathdiap said:

When I'm really wet (to the point of leaking), all I'm concerned about is changing as soon as possible. I guess you could call that self-concious. The people I'm with at that moment (my kids, co-workers, strangers) are completely irrelevant.

None of the above options were applicable.

At home I wear my nappies until they are wet to the max. Out in public I change after the 2nd wetting.

On 1/24/2023 at 6:51 AM, oznl said:

Anything south of leaking doesn't bother me at all.  I'm nearly always wet to some extent or another.  I don't like leaks though.  Usually however, leaks as they occur manifest as an all-but-invisible damp patch on a rear thigh now and then.

I don't go out of my way to expose a wet diaper to my partner but I don't go to the same efforts to hide it as I might have a few years ago.  I am what I am.

Same here. Leaks do happen from time to time bit I don't worry so much these days .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2/28/2023 at 11:37 AM, stevewet said:

I've been in nappies 24/7 for 10 years and my wife sees me change and sees me in wet nappies all the time. I have got to the point I no longer care what others think.

Same here. I don't care either. I wear diapers, people expect to see me wet all the time.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
On 3/7/2023 at 8:46 AM, diaperdl said:

Same here. I don't care either. I wear diapers, people expect to see me wet all the time.

ALL my family and close friends know I am incontinent and enuretic and wear nappies all the time. I no longer worry about the obvious bulge of a wet nappy but try to avoid leaking in public.

On 2/12/2023 at 5:56 PM, Three Rivers said:

I normally wear mine until there fully soaked, and I love it when my wife calls me squishy butt. When she wants to go somewhere she will tell me I need to take my shower. That's code for cleanup and shower or shower and change into a fresh diaper.

My wife sometimes says to me dont you think its time to change if it is obvious my nappy is very wet. I must say she isn't as vigilant as she was when I was first incontinent. I have to admit I am lazy when it comes to changing. She used to tell me she could see the bulge but now only tells me when I either smell of pee or the bulge is really obvious.

• Like 2