LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

household cleaning duties

2sail2

We know...washing dishes with hot water, ahhhhhhhhhhhh....

Sometimes, bending over cleaning the tub triggers it too.  I think I was outside gardening bending over too.

What's your favorite duty?

I do most of the outdoor chores - cutting the grass, maintaining the pool, clearing the snow. Plus, I clean the bathrooms. I used to wash the dishes, because my wife does most of the cooking, but these days, the dishes are the purview of the kids, because they're old enough to pitch in. We kind of split the laundry - I carry it up and down stairs and run it, but she sorts it, because I can't tell most of my daughters' clothes apart to save my life. 

Cutting the grass in a diaper is convenient - I have a decent-sized lawn, so it's nice not to have to stop midway through and shut the tractor down to go inside and pee. I also like wearing just a diaper under snow pants when I clear the driveway, so there's less wet clothing when that's done. The diaper goes in the trash and snow pants get hung up over the radiator and the socks are the only thing that goes in the laundry. 

• Like 2

Favourite?  Well, really I'd always choose not to do them if that were an option.  Still, I don't mind the ones I do, and often get into enjoying them.  It's important to do my share, and I think I do.  I do the clothes washing, nappy washing, ironing (not the nappies...), weekly shopping, lawn mowing, the vegetable garden.  And it's usually me who walks Binky.  I don't generally do cleaning, cos I hate it.  Walking Binky is when I can get feeling more of a little.

I do enjoy the outdoor chores more than the indoor ones. Cutting grass, blowing snow, Cutting firewood. 

Indoor, probably running the vacuum cleaner. 

I'm with @Spanky. Much rather do outside chores although I do unload the dishwasher and help with a little of the cooking. I also help with the laundry but I suck at folding clothes. The wife and I both work on the garden but I do the yard cleanup along with the house gutters and brush clearing.

• Like 1

I don't mind yard work, but I got poison ivy soo many times.    One time it was so bad, I could feel my blood / body felt weird.  Should of gone to the doctor.  We have a service now that comes every other month or so and pulls it out.

I'm in charge of housecleaning and yard work at my huse and at my mother's house. It's very difficult since i suffered a stroke a year and a half ago and there are still so,e jobs that aren't getting done such as window cleaning and mulching the gardens. My neurologist is a f***ing idiot. ten yers of college, a residency and hospitaal internship and hs stil acts like he's a moron--can't do anything to reverse the effects of the stroke. Can't sue him because all the neurologists are clueless about stroke recovery. Typing is also difficult and I haven't been able to play the piano since the sroke, either. What is the matter with our medical profession? This is 2023 and they should now a lot more than they do.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, BabyJune said:

I'm in charge of housecleaning and yard work at my huse and at my mother's house. It's very difficult since i suffered a stroke a year and a half ago and there are still so,e jobs that aren't getting done such as window cleaning and mulching the gardens. My neurologist is a f***ing idiot. ten yers of college, a residency and hospitaal internship and hs stil acts like he's a moron--can't do anything to reverse the effects of the stroke. Can't sue him because all the neurologists are clueless about stroke recovery. Typing is also difficult and I haven't been able to play the piano since the sroke, either. What is the matter with our medical profession? This is 2023 and they should now a lot more than they do.

@BabyJune

Having a stroke or having some sort of situation that removes your ability are severely limits the ability to do certain things Is one of the hardest things that you have to deal with. Once that happens, like you said, you can't do the things you like, such as playing the piano or anything like this. one of the things I hate about being down Like this is being charismatic, being a guy that always likes to be involved in things, someone who enjoys his work, who has a awesome family, and things like that, being down makes it hard, because you can't do the things that you wanna do, you can't be the type of person you wanna be, and you have to actually make decisions that make the best sense to you, so you can live the best life possible.

When I think about the world today, all the problems that we have, it's amazing how we still have things that we have to find cures for, and one of them is cancer, And it seems like pharmaceutical companies tell us that they want to research this and they want to research that, but it takes them so long to figure out how to take care of certain cancers. sometimes I wonder if the pharmaceutical companies know how to cure some of the things that cause trouble, and they don't want to cure it, because they want to fill us up with medicines, they want us to pay absorbent medical bills and they want us to be relying on medicines and other types of things that make them a lot of money, and keep us going. I would give anything right now if I could gain some of the energy that I had when I was 25 and Reinfuse myself.

There were times that I could go anywhere, do anything, and I feel like sometimes being free is the best thing in the world. you can go anywhere, do anything, believe in anyone or anything or whatever. when you have a stroke are you have a condition that ends up limiting that ability, it's like somebody closing the door and putting something in front of it, that way you have to remove it in order to continue. they say life is a challenge, and that's darn true, because nothing that you do in your life is more important than being the best you can be in my opinion. you try to be as positive as you can, you always try to look for the positive in every negative. Sometimes I wish I could teach my mom that you don't have to be looking at somebody in a negative light. If you look at all the positive things I have done: i've gone to school, I graduated elementary school, graduated high school, went to college, spent four years in my life getting the degrees that I wanted in business, I'm running websites now, i've been to Florida four times, and I've been able to have fun each time that I do it. I don't know why people always find the negative in every positive, But it is mind blowing, and it feels like somebody's taking my batteries and draining them down. Feels like somebody's taking a piece of me away at a time, belittling me until they feel that I feel that I should end up kicking myself in the backside because I let it go too long. Sometimes I wonder am I doing it because I want to, or am I doing it because somebody is making me feel bad for not doing it. there are so many things in life that are more important than worrying about what other people think of you. you have to do what you think is right, you have to make decisions that make the best choices. sometimes your choices aren't the best, and that's why we're allowed to make mistakes and we're allowed to change our minds.

As far as household duties go, I guess one of the things that I do a lot I do the laundry, and I do dishes from time to time, and then I'll clean the kitchen and stuff like that or the floors. I know how to do the laundry very well, and I have it down to a system. the only problem with my laundry is I have to get it together, then I have to bring it downstairs, then I have to put it in the machine, and then I wait almost 45 minutes to wash, and 45 minutes to dry, and then so that's 90 minutes, plus what it takes for me to remove the laundry from the dryer, and bring it up here. Then I end up letting it dry if necessary, most of the time I run my dryer so that I don't have wet clothing. whatever happens, it doesn't take that long to do laundry, and I'm gotten used to it, but it can get away from you if you're not careful.

All I can say is this: people tell us that you should try your best and do the best you can. i've heard people tell me that over and over and over, and they tell me that if you do your best, and you know you've done your best, that's the best you can do, and no one would expect anything more from you. I always try to do more than what people think I should do, because then somebody doesn't come up with the idea that I'm unable to do something because They think I should be able to. I have had people help me with things that are hard to do, i've learned a lot from it, because they're willing to help me, and they're willing to support me. You should always do what you think is in your best interest, and worry about yourself, because in the end, you're the one that has to make the decision, and you have to be happy with your situation, because if you're not then it's really hard to be able to function in a way that makes sense to you.

It is my hope that I will not end up being in a position where I will not be able to do things because my mind goes or my body gives out. I try to do the best I can, and it's always been a struggle for me because I have to prove or I've had to prove everyone wrong as far as what they think I can't do, and when I prove them wrong, that's another marker on my side of the board, But then of course all through my life, there's always some idiot that has the eraser after after I make a mark and they don't like it, so they'll erase my mark and make me do it again and again and again. after a while having to do it multiple times can get annoying, But if you can better yourself every time you do it then there's always a good part and a bad part in every single decision you make.

Brian

• Thanks 1

I hate housework/yardwork/chores.  Always have.  I do them because I have to - there's nobody else that will do 'em (well, I'm not paying someone to do it!).

On 1/27/2023 at 7:26 PM, Dubious said:

I put everything into the dishwasher. Pots and pans..  why wash for hand.

Aluminum/wood .... don't survive in dishwashers.  The detergents will destroy them.  

14 hours ago, 2sail2 said:

I don't mind yard work, but I got poison ivy soo many times.    One time it was so bad, I could feel my blood / body felt weird.  Should of gone to the doctor.  We have a service now that comes every other month or so and pulls it out.

I got it bad last year.   I started clearing some ivy off my side of the neighbors fence last year ... didn't realize it was PI (don't recall any time ever having seen or been affected).  A day or two after that work I started developing a slight rash - thought I might have got bed bugs (again).  But, it got progressively worse.   Since then, I bought a few products to deal with it should have to deal with a new outbreak.

I do the heavy outdoor work like cutting down trees, mowing the lawn while my fiancee does weeding and gardening. We both work on our vehicles. We both share in the housework and cooking. Alone we are each capable of doing most anything that needs to be done but together we make the work faster and easier.

Hugs,

Freta

21 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@BabyJune

Having a stroke or having some sort of situation that removes your ability are severely limits the ability to do certain things Is one of the hardest things that you have to deal with. Once that happens, like you said, you can't do the things you like, such as playing the piano or anything like this. one of the things I hate about being down Like this is being charismatic, being a guy that always likes to be involved in things, someone who enjoys his work, who has a awesome family, and things like that, being down makes it hard, because you can't do the things that you wanna do, you can't be the type of person you wanna be, and you have to actually make decisions that make the best sense to you, so you can live the best life possible.

When I think about the world today, all the problems that we have, it's amazing how we still have things that we have to find cures for, and one of them is cancer, And it seems like pharmaceutical companies tell us that they want to research this and they want to research that, but it takes them so long to figure out how to take care of certain cancers. sometimes I wonder if the pharmaceutical companies know how to cure some of the things that cause trouble, and they don't want to cure it, because they want to fill us up with medicines, they want us to pay absorbent medical bills and they want us to be relying on medicines and other types of things that make them a lot of money, and keep us going. I would give anything right now if I could gain some of the energy that I had when I was 25 and Reinfuse myself.

There were times that I could go anywhere, do anything, and I feel like sometimes being free is the best thing in the world. you can go anywhere, do anything, believe in anyone or anything or whatever. when you have a stroke are you have a condition that ends up limiting that ability, it's like somebody closing the door and putting something in front of it, that way you have to remove it in order to continue. they say life is a challenge, and that's darn true, because nothing that you do in your life is more important than being the best you can be in my opinion. you try to be as positive as you can, you always try to look for the positive in every negative. Sometimes I wish I could teach my mom that you don't have to be looking at somebody in a negative light. If you look at all the positive things I have done: i've gone to school, I graduated elementary school, graduated high school, went to college, spent four years in my life getting the degrees that I wanted in business, I'm running websites now, i've been to Florida four times, and I've been able to have fun each time that I do it. I don't know why people always find the negative in every positive, But it is mind blowing, and it feels like somebody's taking my batteries and draining them down. Feels like somebody's taking a piece of me away at a time, belittling me until they feel that I feel that I should end up kicking myself in the backside because I let it go too long. Sometimes I wonder am I doing it because I want to, or am I doing it because somebody is making me feel bad for not doing it. there are so many things in life that are more important than worrying about what other people think of you. you have to do what you think is right, you have to make decisions that make the best choices. sometimes your choices aren't the best, and that's why we're allowed to make mistakes and we're allowed to change our minds.

As far as household duties go, I guess one of the things that I do a lot I do the laundry, and I do dishes from time to time, and then I'll clean the kitchen and stuff like that or the floors. I know how to do the laundry very well, and I have it down to a system. the only problem with my laundry is I have to get it together, then I have to bring it downstairs, then I have to put it in the machine, and then I wait almost 45 minutes to wash, and 45 minutes to dry, and then so that's 90 minutes, plus what it takes for me to remove the laundry from the dryer, and bring it up here. Then I end up letting it dry if necessary, most of the time I run my dryer so that I don't have wet clothing. whatever happens, it doesn't take that long to do laundry, and I'm gotten used to it, but it can get away from you if you're not careful.

All I can say is this: people tell us that you should try your best and do the best you can. i've heard people tell me that over and over and over, and they tell me that if you do your best, and you know you've done your best, that's the best you can do, and no one would expect anything more from you. I always try to do more than what people think I should do, because then somebody doesn't come up with the idea that I'm unable to do something because They think I should be able to. I have had people help me with things that are hard to do, i've learned a lot from it, because they're willing to help me, and they're willing to support me. You should always do what you think is in your best interest, and worry about yourself, because in the end, you're the one that has to make the decision, and you have to be happy with your situation, because if you're not then it's really hard to be able to function in a way that makes sense to you.

It is my hope that I will not end up being in a position where I will not be able to do things because my mind goes or my body gives out. I try to do the best I can, and it's always been a struggle for me because I have to prove or I've had to prove everyone wrong as far as what they think I can't do, and when I prove them wrong, that's another marker on my side of the board, But then of course all through my life, there's always some idiot that has the eraser after after I make a mark and they don't like it, so they'll erase my mark and make me do it again and again and again. after a while having to do it multiple times can get annoying, But if you can better yourself every time you do it then there's always a good part and a bad part in every single decision you make.

Brian

While I do agree with most of what you say, my issue isn't with pharmaceutical compaies making money off medicine because so far, there isn't any medicine on the market to reverse a stroke. That's where I'm very angry with my neurologist. In Europe, they have medicines that owrk but we don't have them here. My own primary care doctor even agreed with me on that because he worked in England for about ten years.