LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Economical Diaper Recomendations?

I'm in the financial place now to buy diapers again, and I really want to. In the past, I've only worn ABDL diapers, but I know you all wear diapers beyond that. What's a good diaper for the price? I've heard good things about Northshore Megamax, but it seems to be one of the more expensive options ($120 per 40). Any other recommendations? Or is Megamax by far the best option?

10 hours ago, kittengirl173 said:

I'm in the financial place now to buy diapers again, and I really want to. In the past, I've only worn ABDL diapers, but I know you all wear diapers beyond that. What's a good diaper for the price? I've heard good things about Northshore Megamax, but it seems to be one of the more expensive options ($120 per 40). Any other recommendations? Or is Megamax by far the best option?

@kittengirl173

the best diapers you can get right now are the Mega Max. The only problem is, As you said they are expensive. I use them every day but I also have them paid for by the state So that is because I am incontinent both ways and severely incontinent at that. Suggest is to remember that any diapers you get should be the best you can get that you that you can afford, Because if you are really wanting to use the diapers as intended, you don't wanna use the cheap stuff 'cause you'll constantly be leaking out of them and it'll be very uncomfortable. And if for example you decide to sleep and you have your diapers on 24/7, you will just leak out of anything that you are wearing. As I say the better the diaper is the better you feel you will feel in the end, because you want to be able to depend on your diaper without it failing on you.

Good Luck!

Brian

A lot depends on how long your willing to wear a single diaper. A megamax is like a 12-14 hour diaper. Considering that, a case pf 40 gives you a 20 day supply. So total cost a month would be less than 300 a month. Personaly my current fave is the rearz mermaid tales, again a good 14 plus hour diaper, though also rather pricy.

If you are wearing for fun/pleasure, there are a lot more options, depending on what you want. For some, they can make do with a cheep diaper, just so long as its got that plastic feel, and the sound of the crinkling plastic, others want thickness as there primary interest. You have given very little actual information in what sort of diaper you wanted, other than the mention of the megamax. There are times I really wish I was in europe, theres a lot better selection available at the store.

Only reason to go with a Megamax as a daily option in my opinion is if you wet a lot AND need something that will stand up to rigorous physical movement. They are my go to for hiking or long days where I do not know where I will be able to change. I have moved away from them as my daily due to cost reasons but I definitely keep them around because THEY WORK.

There are plenty of other options in my opinion. If you are reading this at time of posting Tykables still has some B grade diapers available. They are around $2 USD (33% off) EA and in my experience are 85-90% as good as their prime counterparts, but I don't know that I would trust them to keep my pants dry outside the home.

Honestly the best price to performance in my opinion are probably Bambinos or Rearz when you find them on sale. Unfortunately most of the sales are at an end for the season. But if you sign up for their mailing lists you can find the best diapers on the market for $2-2.5 EA.

So I guess circling back to your question a little more directly and more often. The best "economical" diapers in my opinion are the top end medical diapers. I have tried, used, and had varying degrees of satisfaction with nearly all of them. The Better Dry, Abena L4, Dry 24/7, Seni Quatro, and Trest.

As you posted in the Incontinence desires sub forum, something else to consider is if you are using your diaper for everything it changes the math on economics considerably. If a diaper will be used long before it has reached liquid capacity it is not worth it regardless of max capacity.

Of the ones listed I would probably say the Abena and Better dry are the best "economical" diapers but that definition has different definitions. In my opinion these are the ones that balance the best absorbancy to price ratio. BUT as I was saying when discussing the Mega Max I would never wear one of these around a warehouse or on a hike. The Better Drys bunch up at the best of times and in my opinion are left for sleeping/sitting. The Abena will get you through a light day of walking around an office in my experience.

My go to cheap diaper is a Abena M4. They are usually around 1.60 a diaper. Right now Amazon has them on sale for 1.20/diaper. I can get 6 hours out of them. Compare that to about $3 for a Megamax thar lasts about 10 hours and you aren't really saving that much money. The big reason that I choose the m4's most of the time, is that I mess several times a day and it makes more sense to use a cheaper (but still very capable) diaper for that.

• Like 3

Cloth. Initally, there is an expense of fabric as well as waterproof covers, but I've had my diapers for years. Wash and reuse. It's environmentally good and economical as well. since I grew up (figuratively speaking) on cloth, that's what I prefer.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Diapersarecool1 said:

My go to cheap diaper is a Abena M4. They are usually around 1.60 a diaper. Right now Amazon has them on sale for 1.20/diaper. I can get 6 hours out of them. Compare that to about $3 for a Megamax thar lasts about 10 hours and you aren't really saving that much money. The big reason that I choose the m4's most of the time, is that I mess several times a day and it makes more sense to use a cheaper (but still very capable) diaper for that.

Amazon sales must be regional.  I’m currently seeing $1.69 per M4 (4163) for bags (14) and $1.72 for cases (42) here in Georgia.

Wasn’t long ago they were occasionally on sale for less than $1.00!

On 12/31/2022 at 11:43 AM, kittengirl173 said:

When, how often, how long, etc will you be wearing? I personally like the Incontrol Elite Hybrids and NorthShore Supremes. Contact NorthShore for samples of a few. They are free. You can buy many samples for $100 from other places and see what you like, so you arent spending a bunch more on boxes of diapers that dont fit that well. Guilty here!

At $3 a unit, the Megamax represents pretty good value. If you are looking for capacity for the price, rather than the lowest unit cost, and you don't have concerns about discretion, another good value is the Rearz Inspire+ - it's a big, thirsty diaper for the money. I find them too bulky to wear out of the house, however.

I don't know where you're located but I'm going to assume the US given what your price is on the Megamax (I'm in Canada). Rearz price with free delivery (orders over $75 USD) is $89.99 USD for 36 of these in Medium, or $2.50 per diaper. I'd put them at close to on par with the Megamax. 

If you wear diapers during the day as I do, their Lil' Monsters are very cute and also slim enough to wear out and about under clothing. They run $79.99 USD for 36 Mediums, or $2.22 per diaper. They don't hold as much but they're a good "day weight" diaper. 

There are diapers out there that you can get for less than $1 USD per unit, but they tend to confirm the adage that you get what you pay for. A $1 diaper is usually good for a couple of hours at most, and they tend to be designed with palliative care in mind, not activity - if you wear one on a 10 K hike, you will probably regret it. One exception is Prevail. Prevail makes a confusing array of models, and most are not high capacity, but I use their PerFit 360 as my gym diapers. They only need to last a couple of hours, and they stand up to exertion without falling apart or cutting me to ribbons. 

Hope this helps. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 11:30 PM, DAQ said:

The Better Drys bunch up at the best of times and in my opinion are left for sleeping/sitting.

This is precisely the reason why I choose to wear Dry 24/7 as my daily diaper. Low cost from LLMedico (in the US), free shipping, and best of all, Dry 24/7 don't clump up!

53 minutes ago, jonbearab said:

This is precisely the reason why I choose to wear Dry 24/7 as my daily diaper. Low cost from LLMedico (in the US), free shipping, and best of all, Dry 24/7 don't clump up!

I like the dry 24/7 but somehow the leg gatherers are WAY too course and start chafing and cutting me within a diaper or two. 

1 minute ago, DAQ said:

I like the dry 24/7 but somehow the leg gatherers are WAY too course and start chafing and cutting me within a diaper or two. 

That's odd. I don't have this issue. Good thing there are many brands out there, diapers aren't one size fits all lol.

• 1 month later...

As a 24/7 incontinent wearer, I find it helpful to have a variety of different diapers, providing a continuum of capacity, bulk, wearability, etc. - because you don't always need the same thing from a diaper.

For example, on nights when I know I can really enjoy it, and wear it well into the morning, I'll use a boosted "premium" diaper like Tykables, MegaMax, Space, etc.

However, on work nights, I have to get up early and get out the door, and a boosted premium is really overkill - so I'll often trust a boosted Tranquility ATN, which is generally enough to get me through from, say, 8 p.m.-6 a.m., and is much cheaper.

My go-to work diaper is Tena Ultima, which generally has enough capacity to cover an 8-hour day plus commuting on either end, and is reasonably slim and discreet for the office.

Around the house, I'll often wear ThreadedArmor cloth briefs, and if I'm going out hiking, I trust Abena M4s to be comfortable for active wear.

Don't try to make one diaper fit all needs - there's a great variety out there, so take advantage of that to figure out what works best for you in each situation.

• Like 1