LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

After two and a half years of working from home, and potty-untraining myself, my workplace is going back-to-the-office.

DiaperedJoe

Back in March 2020, when the pandemic was first getting big, our workplace (like many others) announced we'd be working from home for a while.  At first it was "two weeks", but that quickly spread to indefinite.

At first I thought it would be an awesome time to experiment with being diapered 24/7. . .as most public places were shut down.  What I was buying was either delivered to my doorstep, or I could get with curbside service (like grocery pickups).  

So, I went into diapers full time.  I came to really like it, to be honest.  There were adjustments to be made.  It took some time to figure out which diapers fit best, and what I really needed in terms of absorbency and size and such, but eventually I settled on what fit me well, and could hold up for hours of my usual wetting without a problem.  However, I was much happier in a diapered life.

After a few months I eventually got into diaper dependency training/potty untraining routines, including hypnosis files.  Somewhere along the way by late 2020, I was wetting and not even realizing it until my diaper was warm and soaked, and instead of waking up to wet and going back to sleep I was now waking up with a cold, soaked diaper and an empty bladder.  It had worked, I was now diaper dependent and had the potty training of an infant.

It has worked well for me, and I've happily been back in diapers for two years, eight months at this point, and been a diaper dependent bedwetter for about two years.  The idea that I've spent as much time in diapers during all this as most infants are before they're potty trained makes me happy.

My employer had said last year that there were no plans to bring us back into the office, and this was essentially permanent.

Well, new management has decided there's not going to be 100% remote work anymore.  All employees must be in the office at least 3 days a week.  Those that have been teleworking can keep working two days a week at most (with short-term exceptions in special cases).  Come January 1, we're supposed to be back in the office.

So, that leaves me to wonder what to do.

Do I try to potty train myself again and go back into grown up underwear?  Even if I do, I wonder if I can ever really have the control I had before.  Deep down, I don't want that control.  I crave diaper dependency, am happy being a bedwetter, and the idea of potty training just seems wrong now.  I probably can get enough control to work normally.  I work in an office job down the hall from a restroom, it's not like I need a powerful bladder for my job.

Or, do I embrace my diapered status and try to find an inconspicuous adult pullup that I can wear under my work clothes that can handle a work-day's wetting without being obvious (or at least a partial day and change sometime during the day)?.  Since I did deal with a mild bout of COVID at one point (tested positive, was definitely symptomatic, didn't need hospitalization), if anyone finds out/notices I'm tempted to claim it's a symptom of Long COVID that's given me urinary incontinence (it IS a documented symptom of "Long COVID"), but I'm not sure if I should do that.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, DiaperedJoe said:

So, that leaves me to wonder what to do.

Do I try to potty train myself again and go back into grown up underwear?  Even if I do, I wonder if I can ever really have the control I had before.  Deep down, I don't want that control.  I crave diaper dependency, am happy being a bedwetter, and the idea of potty training just seems wrong now.  I probably can get enough control to work normally.  I work in an office job down the hall from a restroom, it's not like I need a powerful bladder for my job.

Or, do I embrace my diapered status and try to find an inconspicuous adult pullup that I can wear under my work clothes that can handle a work-day's wetting without being obvious (or at least a partial day and change sometime during the day)?.  Since I did deal with a mild bout of COVID at one point (tested positive, was definitely symptomatic, didn't need hospitalization), if anyone finds out/notices I'm tempted to claim it's a symptom of Long COVID that's given me urinary incontinence (it IS a documented symptom of "Long COVID"), but I'm not sure if I should do tha

@DiaperedJoe

I would probably make this decision that is best for what your situation will be. Technically, I work in a situation where my state does not have an impact on the way I do my job, however because of my state, everyone around me knows of it, so there's nothing really to hide between people that I trust. however, knowing that you to go back to work January 1st of 2023 full time in the office, and knowing that you have untrained yourself to the point that you are a bed wetter, you probably have gotten used to the fact that you're wearing diapers 24/7. if it is not in the cards to have control at this time, or you choose not to have control of your bladder or bowels, your best bet is to wear diapers 24/7: you would only have 5 to six weeks to be able to retrain yourself, and if it took you over two years to get to this state, five to six weeks is not going to be enough time to totally retrain, and even if you took five to six months, there's no guarantee that you will be able to regain what you lost.

I am lucky because when I have to change, I can go right into a handicap bathroom and make the change quite easily. it can be a little of A hassle because you have to keep moving around the bathroom while you are Cleaning yourself up, but once you get everything together, it's really easy to pick it all up and throw it away and then change yourself. it's a lot easier to do at home, but if I have to do it at work, and I've done it before, i've changed myself when it is necessary, especially when it is tactically and operationally practical comment because sometimes I work later depending on what is going on.

So again I would only worry about making sure that you are diapered: once you start down the road of untraining, you lose some of your ability to maintain continence, and as such you're so used to just releasing whenever you feel the need, that you will do that: you would have to recondition your body and your mind to do exactly what you undid: realistically speaking, this is harder to do then it is to undo:: you had all the time between March of 2020 and now to become incontinent in diaper dependent, but you don't have much time to be able to train yourself if your intention is to Return to the workforce in the office and be fully continent.

You also should realize that it is not terrible awful to wear diapers, but since you untrained yourself, you are dealing with the expense of using them, so you must purchase them. I have made the decision to go 24/7 because of my mobility and because of my disability, because I suffer from IBS and continents and and diverticulitis, and I can't be worrying about when where and if I'm going to release: all I know is that I will release, it's just a matter of where and when. when you make this final decision to go diaper dependent, you give up the ability to be able to hold, so you are going to be dealing with the fact that you are functionally incontinent for foreseeable future: if you must wear diapers, it's not that bad, you just have to make investments to make sure you have the right type of equipment to be able to deal with being incontinent, and that also means that you must carry yourself a bag where you have all of your change supplies on hand.

You could also use the medical excuse of long covid as you suggested: there are many things that COVID has been known taka's trouble with. while I will not get into the political ramifications, or the conspiracy theories regarding this issue, there are people that have been dealing with symptoms that what may not be covid related, but may also be covered related. this sounds like a double negative, but sometimes it is hard to know what is caused because of COVID and what is not caused because of COVID. the reason I say that is because a lot of the things people say, or a lot of the things that the CDC used to tell us We're based on things that could not trusted very often because Mr Donald J Trump was the was the one telling us things that were so unbelievable it was ridiculous: one of the things he used to tell us is to drink bleach to be able to kill the virus, and that's a bunch of horse manure!

so I would use COVID-19 as a reason if that's what You think would work period please be careful, because you don't want to give them the impression you are COVID positive, Because then they could ask you to leave, and you could be in trouble where you won't be able to work for a long period comma or until you get a COVID test. i've tested positive for COVID myself, even though sometimes I think the test is reliable as it should be. If you don't feel good, this is also a sign that you should not go into work! I can understand that people want to be able to get back into the office after 2 1/2 years of the pandemic!

as a business operator myself, I waited from the end of 2019, all the way through 2020, through 2021, and then through most of 2022- waiting this long really put a strain on me, because I wanted to be able to get back to work to help people that needed clothing and items, but everybody was so afraid that someone was going to catch COVID, that my church decided that there very few people would be allowed in the building, and all of those people would be wearing masks throughout the entire building. March of 2022 before I could actually go back into work and activate my cash register to stir for the first time since 2019! I understand people are nervous about COVID, but please be careful, because even though covid May not be as widespread, it is still around,, so you should be careful. I would I wouldn't worry about diapers that much, because I'm sure everyone would understand: just do what you think is right, and remember nobody should be able to give you grief because you're wearing diapers, because they do anything to you if you choose to continue to wear them, because people wearing diapers are covered under the ADA.

Good Luck!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Word Edit
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, DiaperedJoe said:

Or, do I embrace my diapered status and try to find an inconspicuous adult pullup that I can wear under my work clothes that can handle a work-day's wetting without being obvious (or at least a partial day and change sometime during the day)?.  Since I did deal with a mild bout of COVID at one point (tested positive, was definitely symptomatic, didn't need hospitalization), if anyone finds out/notices I'm tempted to claim it's a symptom of Long COVID that's given me urinary incontinence (it IS a documented symptom of "Long COVID"), but I'm not sure if I should do that.

I was literally in this spot last September.   In my case, I had been working from home since 2012,  and had pretty much gone to 24/7.  Although I don't poop in my diaper.   I couldn't imagine not wearing a diaper, and it's not anybody's business to know why I wear one.   There is a non-zero chance that I would wet myself without a diaper, so I wear a diaper with a waterproof cover.   I don't bring a change, because I'm not using it exclusively.   I'm using the toilet at work, but most days I have used my diaper as well.

7 hours ago, DiaperedJoe said:

Or, do I embrace my diapered status and try to find an inconspicuous adult pullup that I can wear under my work clothes that can handle a work-day's wetting without being obvious .

Embrace it. Don't go the pull-up route -- get a good full-on disposable diaper that will handle the load and don't worry about it until you can change at home. You'll be much happier that way. Oh... and always make sure you have plastic pants over the whole thing. They will kill any noise you generate and give you that extra baby feeling. It's oh so good.

• Like 1

@DiaperedJoe cost is one thing to consider when you make your decision. Right now I am paying $4 a gallon for gas. Plus everything else has gone up- groceries,  utilities,  housing, etc. Diapers aren't cheap. Diapers are one of those things that you can't cheap out on. Quality diapers are expensive.  

Retraining is possible although it will take time and effort.  If you decide to retrain I would work on daytime retraining first.  If you go to a party,  wedding or another event. do you want to wear a diaper and carry a diaper bag?

There are pros and cons to both choices.  Let us know how it goes. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ppdude said:

Embrace it. Don't go the pull-up route -- get a good full-on disposable diaper that will handle the load and don't worry about it until you can change at home. You'll be much happier that way. Oh... and always make sure you have plastic pants over the whole thing. They will kill any noise you generate and give you that extra baby feeling. It's oh so good.

@DiaperedJoe

I would agree 100%: embrace it! there's no sense in trying to use a pull up, because you probably don't have the you once had, and if you have a full bladder, and pull up is not going to be able to handle the stress. A full tape on diaper such as a megamax is it better alternative then just a pull up. if you were just dribbling a little, or only allowing A little bit each time to be released, that would be different, but you don't want to be flooding pull ups and then having yourself all wet! believe me when I tell you diapers are easier to deal with in the long run, because all you have to do was make one change, And hopefully if you use trifecta's or other diaper cover over the top, you will be able to use the diaper to its fullest extent without having a leak.

Good Luck!

Brian

10 hours ago, DiaperedJoe said:

Back in March 2020, when the pandemic was first getting big, our workplace (like many others) announced we'd be working from home for a while.  At first it was "two weeks", but that quickly spread to indefinite.  ...

After a few months I eventually got into diaper dependency training/potty untraining routines, including hypnosis files.  Somewhere along the way by late 2020, I was wetting and not even realizing it until my diaper was warm and soaked, and instead of waking up to wet and going back to sleep I was now waking up with a cold, soaked diaper and an empty bladder.  It had worked, I was now diaper dependent and had the potty training of an infant.

It has worked well for me, and I've happily been back in diapers for two years, eight months at this point, and been a diaper dependent bedwetter for about two years.  The idea that I've spent as much time in diapers during all this as most infants are before they're potty trained makes me happy.

...  Come January 1, we're supposed to be back in the office.

@DiaperedJoe

My thoughts....

You haven't specified how fully you use your diapers.  If it is just # 1, then you might get a way with some times utilizing the facilities at work and possibly avoid the need to change during a normal work day at work.  However your comment about soaking a diaper during the day without recognizing it till you were done, makes me think this is unlikely to work out.  (Your current day time control appears to be worse than mine.)  In that case you will likely need to prepare to have a change available when needed.  With some of the diapers (and boosters) on the market I would expect you could find something that works for you for the day without normally needing to change at work.... 

I assume you are using disposable diapers.  I don't know if you have considered cloth.  At this point I'm in cloth 24/7, and that includes at work.  I use the toilet as much as is reasonable.  I have fairly good day time control, but the impact of early on set BPH on bladder capacity and control has left me needing to wear something for protection during the day.  I don't soak myself during the day, but do leak a bit (probably post void drip, and also some pre-void on strong urges).  I was dealing with this pre-covid shut down.  Prior to this issue, I had put myself back in (cloth) diapers for night time due to high frequency occasional nocturnal enuresis as a side affect from an illness several years ago.  So when some support was needed in daytime, I went with something I could confidently take a nap in.  My fair day time control, my skin conditions, etc. allows me to get a way with not needing a change during the day time....  And when not on vacation (or a trip) cloth diapers (with proper protective pants) work for me. 

I would strongly recommend picking up solid color (white?) snap crotch t-shirt/onsies and/or "rompers", that look like normal t-shirts to help with holding the diaper up during the day.  With proper clothing most folks won't recognize or think you are wearing a diaper.  And using stalls in the bathroom, or if available a private bathroom, should allow you to maintain things.... 

Well, you COULD just lean into it and, using the very-long-time-since-co-workers-have-contemplated-your-butt-metrics gap, resume office life diapered.

In 2018, I went off on a few weeks Christmas break.  In early 2019, I returned to the office, in diapers.

Nobody noticed a thing.

I was lucky.  I was early in my 24/7 days, still leaking like a sieve and learning the practicalities of being diapered.

STILL, nobody noticed a thing (I wore black pants).

I quickly realised that a high quality, high capacity diaper under Gary PUL pants and under a black “compression” pant was practically invisible and a super-nappy could go all day without me needing to change (which further helped things being invisible).

Eventually, COVID killed my job and career but that was 18 months later.  I found another (very different) job.  I was diapered for the interview and have been diapered for the last 11 months I’ve been working there in a physically active role.

As others have pointed out, a dirty diaper would be a bit of a game changer but if we’re talking “wet only”, my experience is that this is completely possible – including corporate travel.  Nobody has EVER seemingly noticed that I’m the one who never uses the office bathroom.

At the end of the day, if you think that nappiest will be happiest, I think you have an awesome inflection point to make that switch.

• Like 1

New management will soon find out that cost will go up with people coming in for work, and that you will be able to work from home every day again.

Not really any point with offices if it can be done at home.

It takes a little courage to wear a Diaper to Work everyday, but after awhile it's just another essential routine in your life.

If you're working in an office setting however, Press Out Leaks are something you will have to worry about.

Which means either limiting your fluid intake throughout the day, And/Or Changing into a Fresh diaper half way through your shift.

I suggest you start off with a very discreet diaper at first, and then gradually add thickness as you become more comfortable.

You don’t have to explain anything to anyone and I wouldn’t go back to the routine set in place. Learn to keep a diaper bag in the car spares in the office (concealed) wipes and rash cream probably wouldn’t hurt to have around either. You have to remember that you’re diaper dependent now you could retrain yourself but there are never guarantees thoo…. They make great diapers for long term wear but i still recommend a diaper bag of some sort for emergencies. Diapers are great life savers and if you beed resources on some good diapers message me ive found some good ones that will make it so im not changing as frequently 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, CodHero24 said:

I suggest you start off with a very discreet diaper at first, and then gradually add thickness as you become more comfortable.

I challenge that recommendation, I have been wearing diapers 24/7/365 for over 20 years now and I personally recommend wearing a diaper that will do the job you need it to regardless of whether it’s discrete or not. I work as a cook in an active environment and in the early days I tried using discrete diapers and they didn’t work well (granted being a cook I can’t always get to the washroom [even to change] when I need to ) which is why I switched to using more capable diapers as opposed to using more discrete ones. But even more capable diapers aren’t necessarily non discrete, I’ve found that a Megamax with a booster can last me 12 hours and with a onesie over top of it it’s practically invisible. 

• Like 3

My thoughts.....

Being an adult baby, I would just go with it and wear the diaper to work. It saves many trips to the bathrooms and you never, ever have to worry about using the potty. It's why I learned to bring a diaper bag with you and have spare diapers at all times. On top of that I learn to make sure that my diapers can last though the entire shift and at the end of the shift I can do a diaper check to make sure I am not pooping or leaking. In my case, being an adult baby who's incontinent, I am required to wear diapers and be in them permanently. I can never leave them no matter how hard I try and as a result, I make the most of being diapered. Besides, it's far better to be diapered than to wear adult underwear and being potty trained. To me, potty training is something that adults, grown ups and big kids do. as an adult baby, I am not allowed to attempt potty training and I am kept in diapers, permanently. 

As far as potty training and retraining to potty like an adult, grown up or even a big kid, I think that once your in a diaper and using them on a permanent basis, you body get's use to going in a diaper and get's use to just releasing in a diaper. It also is use to being relaxed and letting go without even thinking about it. It's why, once you are in a diaper, their's no going back to attempting to be retrained to potty. It's practically impossible to be retrained to use the potty and their's no guarantee of success. Once your in a diaper, their's no on or off switch to wearing diapers. Your in them for the long haul and to the very end. It's also why at my age, being kept in diapers for so long, I doubt I can ever be potty trained. It's why I am far to comfortable with being in diapers and my body has adjusted so well to being diapered that it's use to going potty in a diaper. It's also why I am comfortable with being diapered and being kept as an adult baby. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, zzyzx said:

You haven't specified how fully you use your diapers.  If it is just # 1, then you might get a way with some times utilizing the facilities at work and possibly avoid the need to change during a normal work day at work.  However your comment about soaking a diaper during the day without recognizing it till you were done, makes me think this is unlikely to work out.  (Your current day time control appears to be worse than mine.)  In that case you will likely need to prepare to have a change available when needed.  With some of the diapers (and boosters) on the market I would expect you could find something that works for you for the day without normally needing to change at work.... 

I only use them for #1.  I still have bowel control and I didn't untrain myself for that.  I hate messing my diapers.  In practice, that's the main time I change my diaper is when I have to go #2, as my diapers are absorbent enough that I change before bed, change into a fresh one in the morning after waking up any my morning bowel movement, and if I need to go during the day, it would normally only be once and I change then. 

I've never got the hang of being able to pull down a taped-on diaper comfortably and reliably, it's why I was considering pullups for work diapers, as a way I could go #2 at work and not have to change.

I worked hard to eradicate my daytime control though, potty untraining went so far, then hypnosis to help me completely ignore when I was wetting.  I didn't just go for recordings, I hired an erotic hypnotist, and I told her I wanted to have the bladder control of an infant.  I told her to give me the bladder control of a newborn child.    She asked how permanent I wanted it, I told her I wanted it indefinite, but at least theoretically able for me to be re-trained one day.  Several sessions later, I was noticing that my diaper would be soaked and I hadn't remembered wetting it, and that I never seem to notice when I wet anymore.  She said I should be able to potty train again if I really want, but it would likely be time consuming and difficult.  If I pay attention specifically to when I wet, I can notice it and clench it shut, so that's probably how I'd have to re-potty train.

I assume you are using disposable diapers.  I don't know if you have considered cloth.  At this point I'm in cloth 24/7, and that includes at work.  I use the toilet as much as is reasonable.  I have fairly good day time control, but the impact of early on set BPH on bladder capacity and control has left me needing to wear something for protection during the day.  I don't soak myself during the day, but do leak a bit (probably post void drip, and also some pre-void on strong urges).  I was dealing with this pre-covid shut down.  Prior to this issue, I had put myself back in (cloth) diapers for night time due to high frequency occasional nocturnal enuresis as a side affect from an illness several years ago.  So when some support was needed in daytime, I went with something I could confidently take a nap in.  My fair day time control, my skin conditions, etc. allows me to get a way with not needing a change during the day time....  And when not on vacation (or a trip) cloth diapers (with proper protective pants) work for me. 

Yeah, I'm using disposables.  I've tried cloth.  One thing I've noticed is that cloth makes it much easier to notice when I'm wet.  If I potty train, it will probably have to be in cloth so I'll help notice when I'm wetting.  My job has pretty decent pay, so the cost of disposables isn't a huge issue for me though.

I would strongly recommend picking up solid color (white?) snap crotch t-shirt/onsies and/or "rompers", that look like normal t-shirts to help with holding the diaper up during the day.  With proper clothing most folks won't recognize or think you are wearing a diaper.  And using stalls in the bathroom, or if available a private bathroom, should allow you to maintain things.... 

Yeah, that is probably a good idea.  Probably should order them now to have time to get them delivered and work out any glitches in the process and fit.

21 hours ago, hlcl said:

@DiaperedJoe cost is one thing to consider when you make your decision. Right now I am paying $4 a gallon for gas. Plus everything else has gone up- groceries,  utilities,  housing, etc. Diapers aren't cheap. Diapers are one of those things that you can't cheap out on. Quality diapers are expensive.  

Retraining is possible although it will take time and effort.  If you decide to retrain I would work on daytime retraining first.  If you go to a party,  wedding or another event. do you want to wear a diaper and carry a diaper bag?

My job pays well enough that the cost of diapers isn't a HUGE inconvenience.  I mean, I'd save money being potty trained, but it wouldn't break me to stay diapered forever.

I know retraining is possible, but it won't be easy.  I suspect I'll never have close to the control I used to have and I'll probably be "accident prone" for life and might well permanently be a bedwetter.  I could accept that.  I knew that was a possible outcome when I started this.

Basically I'm leaning towards retraining for daytime control, or at least enough control to make it to the toilet near my office, and wearing a pullup for daytime protection against accidents or if I'm too far from a toilet if I'm out and about as the world is reopened (like parties, weddings etc. as you noted), and being more fully padded at home and for bedtime.

On 11/13/2022 at 4:24 PM, ~Brian~ said:

You could also use the medical excuse of long covid as you suggested: there are many things that COVID has been known taka's trouble with. while I will not get into the political ramifications, or the conspiracy theories regarding this issue, there are people that have been dealing with symptoms that what may not be covid related, but may also be covered related. this sounds like a double negative, but sometimes it is hard to know what is caused because of COVID and what is not caused because of COVID. the reason I say that is because a lot of the things people say, or a lot of the things that the CDC used to tell us We're based on things that could not trusted very often because Mr Donald J Trump was the was the one telling us things that were so unbelievable it was ridiculous: one of the things he used to tell us is to drink bleach to be able to kill the virus, and that's a bunch of horse manure!

so I would use COVID-19 as a reason if that's what You think would work period please be careful, because you don't want to give them the impression you are COVID positive, Because then they could ask you to leave, and you could be in trouble where you won't be able to work for a long period comma or until you get a COVID test. i've tested positive for COVID myself, even though sometimes I think the test is reliable as it should be. If you don't feel good, this is also a sign that you should not go into work! I can understand that people want to be able to get back into the office after 2 1/2 years of the pandemic!

Incontinence actually is a documented symptom of "Long COVID" in the medical literature already.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8014136/

https://www.topdoctors.co.uk/medical-articles/do-covid-19-and-long-covid-affect-the-bladder-here-s-what-you-should-know

https://aeroflowurology.com/blog/how-the-covid-19-pandemic-is-affecting-incontinence 

My workplace knows I had COVID in late 2020, I had to take a couple of weeks of sick leave due to it.  "Long COVID" is the well-documented syndrome of people who have recovered from COVID and are now COVID-negative and non-contagious still having various chronic health problems due to damage to nerves and blood vessels within the body during the COVID infection.

Since it's already well documented I was COVID-positive and took a couple of weeks of sick leave, and that incontinence in post-COVID patients is documented and not unknown (it's rare, to be sure, but it's common enough for the articles I posted there to be talking about it), writing off anyone noticing a diaper as incontinence due to "Long COVID" is something I'm thinking of going with.  I wouldn't exactly boast about it, but if I get caught somehow, it's a ready explanation.

• Like 1

You must work for Twitter and Elon Musk (who I think is a big A-hole).  The bad thing is having to work at Twitter and also having to work back at the office.  The good thing is, if you work for Twitter, you apparently are one of the few who still have your job!

3 hours ago, rusty pins said:

You must work for Twitter and Elon Musk (who I think is a big A-hole).  The bad thing is having to work at Twitter and also having to work back at the office.  The good thing is, if you work for Twitter, you apparently are one of the few who still have your job!

No, actually.  It's a public-sector job.  I obviously won't give details, but it's an office job with a state-level civil service bureaucracy.  

I'm well paid due to seniority, and the return to the office was mandated by the State Governor.  He'd previously allowed permanent work-from-home, but the legislature was increasingly complaining about it and was likely to force some statutory change to outright ban civil servants from working from home, and forcing everyone to come back. . .but allowing people two days per week of WFH if they wish, and the option to WFH for bad weather, illness in lieu of sick leave etc. was the compromise cooked up to get people back in the offices to appease the legislature, while still preserving as much WFH as possible for employees.

8 hours ago, DiaperedJoe said:

I've never got the hang of being able to pull down a taped-on diaper comfortably and reliably, it's why I was considering pullups for work diapers, as a way I could go #2 at work and not have to change.

@DiaperedJoe:

While I find some disposable diapers, such as possibly the MegaMax, have more issues getting a tape loose to NOT use the diaper when you can make it to the bathroom, over a vacation last year, I found the Tykables (Blue) Cames worked for me and as long as I wasn't trying to stretch the use to a second day (on the rare case I didn't use it at night), it worked out good to be able to release one top tab, pull things down to use the toilet, and then pull things up and re-attach the tab on the landing zone.  I believe these are the hook and loop type tabs.  Something like Molicare's two and only two tabs at each spot would be difficult to pull this off as you only get one second shot per tab.  Megamax tapes with their landing zone are doable, but definitely inconvenient.  I suspect you are going to need to figure this out for going back to work, because if you are doing full bladder releases without notice, I don't think you will find a pull up that won't leak on you.

I worked hard to eradicate my daytime control though, potty untraining went so far, then hypnosis to help me completely ignore when I was wetting.  I didn't just go for recordings, I hired an erotic hypnotist, and I told her I wanted to have the bladder control of an infant.  I told her to give me the bladder control of a newborn child.    She asked how permanent I wanted it, I told her I wanted it indefinite, but at least theoretically able for me to be re-trained one day.  Several sessions later, I was noticing that my diaper would be soaked and I hadn't remembered wetting it, and that I never seem to notice when I wet anymore.  She said I should be able to potty train again if I really want, but it would likely be time consuming and difficult.  If I pay attention specifically to when I wet, I can notice it and clench it shut, so that's probably how I'd have to re-potty train.

Yeah, I'm using disposables.  I've tried cloth.  One thing I've noticed is that cloth makes it much easier to notice when I'm wet.  If I potty train, it will probably have to be in cloth so I'll help notice when I'm wetting.  My job has pretty decent pay, so the cost of disposables isn't a huge issue for me though.

Based on how successful you were I seriously doubt you can retrain before having to be back at work on site.  And yes, cloth might help in retraining, but would not be very easy to deal with once back in the office.

Yeah, that is probably a good idea.  Probably should order them now to have time to get them delivered and work out any glitches in the process and fit.

Yes, now is a good idea.  Especially if you want to use Tykables.  They can go out-of-stock on short notice and then take months before getting an item you want back in stock.  I think it has been better lately.

Not a recommendation, but an option. Instead of going with an unlikely story of long covid, if you’re that untrained you could go to the doctor and just say “I don’t know what’s happening”. They’ll run the tests, not find anything, and if things get touchy at work (I know public sector, too) you’ve got your documentation. 

Though, i’ve been 24/7 for years and have gotten away with office restroom changing a with no one ever bringing it up.  Someone asks, insensitively, why you’re taking a bag to the restroom?  Medical stuff.  Still pressing for details?  Diabetes supplies, medicated wipes, various other creams or shots, or the only real answer “I prefer not to talk about my medical history at work”

It’s very common for people to not tell their doctors about light incontinence, so you have a backstory there as well. You thought it would get better on its own, but it got worse instead.

On 11/14/2022 at 8:10 PM, Dee Cee said:

Well , who’s going to ! But I can spot a wet diaper 30 ft away , but say something ? Never , but what would that do ? So you could prolly , just walk around in a very poopy diaper , and no one would say …. SHIT ! Ya think ?, but they might talk , as we are in the minority!  But I live out in the country , and most of the people I see are old , or they wear skin tight pants , and you can see everything , if you know what to look for !  I know because I go out sometimes , and I will be in a diaper , or my adult training pants , but I wear plastic pants , over them . And you have to know what to look for , and most don’t, have clue , unless I have a big bulge in the back , and  I have had a accident, nesting in the middle of my loose fitting pants , and even then nobody has ever looked at me strange, or wrinkled up their nose . After I have a big load in my pants . I find some place to sit down and squish it flat .But by then I have wet it too , and I leave the area , and nobody is the wiser.

I also wear them in front of my friends and family, strangers while shopping, seeing movies, everywhere and no one has ever said anything. 

4 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I also wear them in front of my friends and family, strangers while shopping, seeing movies, everywhere and no one has ever said anything. 

Is that with or without pants?

• Haha 4

@DiaperedJoe Disposables work so well that you might not notice when you are wet which can make retraining more challenging.  With cloth diapers you can feel when you are wet which can help you with retraining. 

They make pull on cloth diapers that you can use like training pants.  Add plastic pants for extra protection.  Traditional pin on cloth diapers can be difficult to remove when you are trying to use the bathroom.  

In the early stages of training/retraining you often don't get much warning when you need to pee or you aren't able to hold it for very long. You need to be able to remove your diaper or training pants quickly. 

• Like 1
On 11/18/2022 at 6:11 PM, hlcl said:

@DiaperedJoe Disposables work so well that you might not notice when you are wet which can make retraining more challenging.  With cloth diapers you can feel when you are wet which can help you with retraining. 

They make pull on cloth diapers that you can use like training pants.  Add plastic pants for extra protection.  Traditional pin on cloth diapers can be difficult to remove when you are trying to use the bathroom.  

Thank you.

That's what I've decided to do.

I'm potty training again, at least for daytime control.

I don't care if I am still a bedwetter, but what was fun for being a shut-in during the pandemic is less so for going back to the office and living out in the world as things re-open.

I've decided that I'd like to at least be mostly potty trained for daytime control again.  I don't care so much if my bladder is weaker than it used to be.  I certainly might wear a disposable sometimes during the day in the future (going to the movies, so I don't have to get up and miss anything. . .or a long car trip), but I'd like to have enough potty training to 

I've gone back to the erotic hypnotist who helped take away my potty training, I had my first session with her last night, with her undoing her suggestions that helped give me diaper dependency and I'm doing more nightly for the next few days.  She'd also suggested, in advance, I get a few pairs of cloth pull-ups with plastic pants over them, so that's what I'm wearing today.

I've had a couple of accidents so far, and have to stay close to the restroom, but I guess that's part of potty training.

• Like 3

@DiaperedJoe It sounds like you are off to a good start with retraining.  

Accidents are part of the learning process so don't beat yourself up if you have an accident.  The frequency of accidents will decrease as you progress in your retraining. 

Performing kegel exercises where you try to stop the flow of urine will help you to retrain.  

Nighttime dryness comes after daytime dryness, sometimes much later so you might need to wear diapers when you sleep,  even if you no longer wear diapers during the day.  I would focus on daytime dryness for now. 

In the early stages of retraining I would use both disposable diapers and training pants on someone.  If the occasion calls for wearing a disposable diaper, you can look at the wetness indicator to help you learn when you are wet. 

• Like 1
On 11/25/2022 at 7:24 PM, Dee Cee said:

Man , how far we done fell ! Work from home , ssshhheeeeaattta, I wish I could load freight from my home , oooohhhh , that’s fer ya , people who can , do everthing , on a computer ! Well ain’t that just special ! What about the workin man ???

What are you trying to imply here?   Working from home isn't real work?  I don't understand what you're trying to say.   

The premise of this discussion is valid.   Working from home was the norm for a lot of people after the pandemic, and people got very comfortable being by themselves and doing what they want to do by themselves.   It's not just those of us who like to diapers who are affected, because I know people who didn't wear pants most of them (FTR- I wore pants 3 times in 2020 after March, I lived in sweatpants).  In March it will be three years, and if you have diapers for three years, you'll likely have some level of atrophy and it isn't a given when you are back in public.

In my case, I choose to stay in diapers.  It's discreet, and I have good waterproof pants over the diaper to prevent leaks.   It's been a year, and I haven't had somebody notice, or at least comment on me wearing a diaper.

• Like 3