LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

visited the doctor

I was finally able to go back and visit my urologist again and while at the appointment, they took an ultrasound to check if my prostate has continued to enlarge, which it has.  When using the ultrasound they assistant pulled my shorts down far enough to put the gel on my stomach and used the transducer (the probe that takes the photo of the prostate) on me.  When she finished up she had to pull my shorts and diaper down a bit so that she could clean up the gel before she was finished.  She didn't say anything, but the look on her face had me embarrassed.  When the doctor came in he went over the results and said we could try a different medicine, and if that doesn't work, he will need to use a cystoscopy to look into my penis with a camera.  I will admit I am worried that it will be painful to use the scope?

1 hour ago, ken2988 said:

I was finally able to go back and visit my urologist again and while at the appointment, they took an ultrasound to check if my prostate has continued to enlarge, which it has.  When using the ultrasound they assistant pulled my shorts down far enough to put the gel on my stomach and used the transducer (the probe that takes the photo of the prostate) on me.  When she finished up she had to pull my shorts and diaper down a bit so that she could clean up the gel before she was finished.  She didn't say anything, but the look on her face had me embarrassed.  When the doctor came in he went over the results and said we could try a different medicine, and if that doesn't work, he will need to use a cystoscopy to look into my penis with a camera.  I will admit I am worried that it will be painful to use the scope?

I had that done last year they put gel where its not painful

1 hour ago, ken2988 said:

@ken2988:  Ah...  early onset BPH....  Don't know your cancer risks....  Have you had a test to find out your Gleason score, or considering getting that number (i.e. a needle biopsy)?  If the growth is impacting your urethra, eventually that can impact the bladder, as the bladder wall will strengthen to compensate for the blockage.  If that occurs, you may have some of the "fun" I've had.

I personally recommend the Rezūm procedure *if* it is appropriate.  I played watch and wait on my PSA numbers for a number of years, and only after I noticed bladder capacity (reduction) issues did I proceed with this option.  Unfortunately, by that point in time the bladder wall was already impacted, and even after recovery my maximum functional capacity is only about 2/3rds of what it was prior to the change in the bladder wall.  Genetically, I believe I am at a (very) low risk for most cancers,  This procedure does not provide any prostate tissue to biopsy, so might not be the right one for some folks needing a treatment to reduce the prostate size.

Ive had it done twice the first time It was uncomfortable for a moment but no pain the second time he was in my bladder with no felling at all. Its an embarrassing test the firet time but its worth it to make sure there is life threatening wrong. 

So far my BPH is not impacting my urethra as I am incontinent. My bladder nerves do not signal it full till a couple of minutes before it dumps.

This  means i don't have time to get to the bathroom. if I feel the need to go, just standing up will cause it to release.

I now don't even try to get to the bathroom, I just relax and let it flow.

I also have tried to go before I feel full and i can not till I feel the need.

my urologist has me on tamsulosin, finasteride and oxybutynin and they do little.

• 3 weeks later...

What worries me about the path I am going along in regards to my prostate issues is that it is going along same path as the of my grandfather and father as well as several other relatives.  I have recently been talking to my mom and found out that my dad first tried chemical castration for medical reasons, and then ultimately ended up needing a bilateral orchiectomy.  It isn't the medicine or surgery that scares me, it is the side effect that really worry me and how it will change you.

My mom was a nurse and she was able to tell me a lot about our family history and about the side effects that impacted my dad, and several other family members, and it appears that many of the side effects commonly happen within the first 1-2 years.

From what my mom told me, the following side effects all happened to my dad:

reduced sexual desire

shrinkage of testicles and penis

breast tenderness and growth of breast tissue

significant loss of muscle mass (the lack of testosterone will reduce muscle mass to similar levels of a female)

increase in body fat and a shift in location of the fat.

51 minutes ago, ken2988 said:

What worries me about the path I am going along in regards to my prostate issues is that it is going along same path as the of my grandfather and father as well as several other relatives.  I have recently been talking to my mom and found out that my dad first tried chemical castration for medical reasons, and then ultimately ended up needing a bilateral orchiectomy.  It isn't the medicine or surgery that scares me, it is the side effect that really worry me and how it will change you.

My mom was a nurse and she was able to tell me a lot about our family history and about the side effects that impacted my dad, and several other family members, and it appears that many of the side effects commonly happen within the first 1-2 years.

From what my mom told me, the following side effects all happened to my dad:

reduced sexual desire

shrinkage of testicles and penis

breast tenderness and growth of breast tissue

significant loss of muscle mass (the lack of testosterone will reduce muscle mass to similar levels of a female)

increase in body fat and a shift in location of the fat.

@ken2988:  As I've mentioned before, there are some new procedures for treating prostrate growth over what the previous generation had.  I haven't seen you make reference to cancer risk, so I don't know if the Rezūm procedure is appropriate for your situation.  It does leave part of the prostate in tack, but doesn't provide anything to do a biopsy on (to assess cancer risk).  And I believe has a better chance at avoiding the side affects you are concerned about.

Best wishes and take care.

On 8/5/2022 at 2:55 AM, ken2988 said:

No need to worry about a cystoscope. Mine was quite painless but then I am use to playing with catheters.

While I have been incontinent for several years, I only first brought the problem to the attention of my urologist just before all the covid crap.  I was scheduled to return in the middle of all of that mess, but because of all the restrictions my appointment got cancelled.  I finally got around to going back some months ago, and even while I definitely have an issue, I do not at this point know if it is just an enlarged prostate or if it could be signs of testicular or prostate cancer, or what? After my first appointment, they put me on a medicine, but I quit using it within a few months because of all the side effects.  Do not ask me what the medicine was, because I can't remember (I know my doctor has a record of it)!  All I know is that it seemed like I got ever side effect that I could from using the medicine.  I ended up with headaches on a regular basis, upset stomach, dizzy spells, cotton mouth, and it completely made me 100% impotent (couldn't get any type of erection at all) while on the medicine. 

I am currently on a different medicine to see what happens.  I will go back to my urologist in November to follow up and see if the medicine is helping.  I was told to keep a record of the amount of urine I expelled when I need to go at least a few times every week to determine if things improved.  It has been a couple of months (about 7 weeks) since I went on the medicine.  It does appear that there has been some improvement but not a lot as of yet.  I was typically needing to pee at 2-5 ounces when measure before the medicine.  Since being on this medicine It appears that I am now more along the line of 4-6 ounces when measured.

When I go back in for the follow up my urologist will determine if I do or do not need him to use a  cystoscope to look inside of my penis (not sure exactly how they look, but I am sure it isn't a lot of fun!  Nothing is more fun then laying down with people putting a camera in your penis and you are paying for the privilege.

I do hope by November to get a better idea and I really do hope that things can improve in regards to my incontinence, and that everything can be fixed without surgery or any medicine that has a life changing impact in a negative way.

I would love to be able to wear diapers for enjoyment, and not because I don't have any other choice!

@ken2988 I think you may be confusing the the symptoms of your dad's prostate issues with the results of the intervention taken to help with them. Men have a low level of estrogen along with higher levels of testosterone. When the testicles are removed for prostrate issues testosterone replacement is not an option because that would negate removing them in the first place. This leaves just low levels of estrogen being produced and the result is some feminization. The fat distribution changes to send fat to the breast area, hips and thighs. This also causes the sensitivity of the breasts is exactly what a young woman would experience at the onset of puberty only on a more subdued level due to the low level of estrogen. I'm sure @babykeiffcould explain this better than I.

Hugs,

Freta

@ken2988firstly, prostate issues are now as curable as the common cold. There may be a few difficulities in the odd few paitents, but most respond to medicice rather that surgical intervention.

In relation to the camera being placed in the penis canal (urethra), it is 2022, and they do not have a full camera crew of 4-5 people joining the camera as it travels up the canal. Usually, a catheter is placed, and the camera (and any other equipment as needed) is placed up inside the catheter so you will feel very little to nothing.

Sometimes, a small sample of the growth will be taken (biopsy) and sent for further analysis.

In relation to your mother, ex nurse - she is too long out of the field to be fully aware of the current / new medical procedures.

In the 1800s, they used to heat a long needle and insert it up the urethra to solve prostate issues. Today, medical science is a little more advanced. 

If you have any questions, ask your doctor that is dealing with this issue for you. S/he, by law, has to fully disclose any and all procedures s/he intend to perform on you, and the associated risks involved. So do not be afraid in asking him/her anything in relation to this.... and if you are not fully comfortable with him/her doing this to you, say so, and get a different doctor. It is all about your free choice.

• 5 months later...
On 8/5/2022 at 2:55 AM, ken2988 said:

I have an ultrasound scheduled on Friday. It will be a transrectal ultrasound not abdominal, they prefer to do it this way at my hospital because it gives them a better view of the prostate. So I'll be butt-naked and in stirrups.

I did however experience something similar when they made an ultrasound of my bladder after voiding. The assistant had to pull my diaper down a bit to take the ultrasound. I wore the Tena Maxi Pants. Actually it also was quite wet. I had a flowmetry test before they took the ultrasound. But to be able to do that they instruct you to come to the hospital with a full bladder. Well that was kind of difficult for me. When I entered the hospital I requested if they could schedule me first, because I already had a lot of urge. They immediately started to prepare for the test, which was nice. But before they could set up the special toilet I voided almost everything in the diaper. That was embarrassing, because the waiting room was full of people and some may have noticed that I had some trouble. However I did get to do the test anyway and thank god I did manage to squeeze out some 300 ml on the toilet. That was enough for the test. The assistant was sweet and felt sorry for me. Because of all this she already knew I was diapered. She didn't say anything about it and was very professional. She helped me to schedule a next appointment (which will be the cystoscopy and the transrectal ultrasound). 

• 3 weeks later...

My first scope was so long ago I got the whole IV martini ( for me due to allergies and other conditions , the “fun drugs” that people get for procedures aren’t able to be used on me  , they use a 6 drug combination on me that most people can do “milk of amnesia “ Propfol and be good ) and the lidocaine lube . 
they generaly don’t sedate patients anymore for cystoscope , as it’s not necessary, there’s weirdness in procedures people get sedated for colonoscopy not because it’s very  painfull or traumatizing , they do it so the doctor doesn’t have to take time or explain what’s happening to a sensitive patient , basicly they can easily do 4-5 more procedures a day on sedated patients and maximize the revenue stream for the room , more customers in less time when patients are sedated, also you get to add additional billing for anesthesia the cost of doctors time the drugs,recovery room and staff  , another nurse to monitor that your breathing etc . Anyway getting bladder scoped is a very easy well tolerated procedure , I frequently yell at my doctor that he’s a “screen hog” if he’s boldly going like Star Trek were men don’t , I want to go also ( your guts are interesting to see and basicly painless so watch the screen and get the whole nickel dog & pony show ) watchful waiting on prostate issues is the norm . Medication to shrink it and yearly PSA , there are only a couple of types of aggressive cancer that has to be aggressively treated , most prostate cancers are so slow growing that men can have prostate cancer for 20 years and die of old age without worrying about the cancer . So try not to cause yourself too much anxiety over potential for cancer , trust me if there’s a reason to “panic” and intervene in cancer , you’ll be the second to know because your doc is going to tell you .