LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shopping is hard?

Just got groceries delivered. Had ordered 4 cans of peas, but they were out of single cans so she bought four 4-packs of peas. 16 cans of peas. $30 in peas!

• Like 1

Food has been far too cheap for the last 50 years.

Just look at 1950s newsreel and compare it to the flabby gut on today's citizens.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Wet Knight said:

Just look at 1950s newsreel and compare it to the flabby gut on today's citizens.

That's because someone decided "fat" was bad for you. So they replaced it with sugar. Now there is sugar in everything.

• Like 2

People are fat today cause food is processed, so the stomach barely has to do any work.
You use more calories chewing and processing diced potato than you would mashed potato. 
We don't eat more now than what we did before.

If you wanna go down in weight, and stay there, you need to cook your own meals and not buy premade meals you just warm up. 

• Like 1

I never minded buying groceries at the store, or anything else for that matter.  I go to the grocery store 3 to 4 times a week.  I know for some people it helps a lot if they can order and have them delivered.  Old people, those that work 60+ hours a week or who have kids who are involved in a lot of extra curricular after school activities, but I have no sympathy for those who are just too lazy to get off their butts and go get their own groceries at the store.  Let them pay more and waste money for delivery charges.  Let the grocery store pick out the cheapest and toughest cuts of meat or the oldest wilted vegetables for you because you didn't want to tear yourself away from your computer long enough to go shopping.  Same for Uber Eats.  Half the time I go to a fast food place they mess up my order because irresponsible young people aren't paying attention to their jobs.  I've gone to stores like Lowes and Home Depot where I tell them exactly what I need, the item number and when they go in back and bring it up front, it's the wrong item!  No one pays attention or cares about their physical jobs because half of them never learned how to do even the most simple things because they have Alexa, computers and technology to do everything for them.  They are always on their cell phones playing around or they don't pay enough attention to what you are telling them and they make a mistake and check the wrong item on their computer.   I remember futuristic movies and episodes of Star Trek where aliens were nothing but a head and a withered body.  That's where we are headed because we just sit around on our computers and social media allowing technology to do everything for us instead of being responsible, getting off out butts, getting out and doing it for ourselves. 

Young people these days wouldn't know how to survive in the 1950's or 1960's when you had to do it all for yourself.  No computer, no cell phone, no on-line ordering.  You bought weekly not only in the grocery stores but department stores like Kmart, or individual brick and mortar stores.  You needed shoes, you went to a shoe store where a clerk measured your foot and brought you several styles to try on.  You went to a bakery for bread and cake.  I remember going with my dad when I was 8 years old to the Milk store.  That's all they sold, milk in glass milk bottles that you had to return each time you needed more milk.  You filled ice cube trays for your freezer.  You got out the broom or vacuum cleaner and didn't have a robot vacuum that did your carpets and floors automatically.  You played games with the neighborhood kids in your yard, the baseball field or basketball court, physical games.  Not getting flabby sitting at your computer ordering your groceries to be delivered or spending all your time on social media.  Sure, some technology is meant to help people free up some time for themselves and their family, but what good is that extra free time if you just sit around on your butt doing nothing but being on your computer, social media or your smart phone.

I've said many times, there isn't anything wrong with technology, but it makes people stupid and irresponsible when they, as I call it, misuse it.  "Alexa do this. Alexa do that!  Alexa lock my front door.  Alexa turn on the faucet.  Alexa turn off the lights.  Alexa turn up my thermostat.  Alexa wipe my butt!"  Are we that lazy we can't get out of our chair to do even the most simple basic tasks such as turning on the light, locking our doors or adjusting our thermostats?  I'm now seeing TV adds for a counter top electronic oven where you order pre packaged meals from the company, scan in the code from the package and it does all the rest.  STUPID!  What's the use of even calling the grocery to have them deliver you groceries if you don't even cook yourself?  You have your computerized oven cook your prepackaged meal by just letting it scan the package code.  What next?  A computer to eat it for you so you won't have to be bothered eating it for yourself?  Yes, when it comes to those simple things, I call it lazy that we just sit and vegetate instead of getting up, out and doing them ourselves.  Get some excersize!  Get out and do things for yourself that people have done for decades!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

I never minded buying groceries at the store, or anything else for that matter.  I go to the grocery store 3 to 4 times a week.  I know for some people it helps a lot if they can order and have them delivered.  Old people, those that work 60+ hours a week or who have kids who are involved in a lot of extra curricular after school activities, but I have no sympathy for those who are just too lazy to get off their butts and go get their own groceries at the store.  Let them pay more and waste money for delivery charges.  Let the grocery store pick out the cheapest and toughest cuts of meat or the oldest wilted vegetables for you because you didn't want to tear yourself away from your computer long enough to go shopping.  Same for Uber Eats.  Half the time I go to a fast food place they mess up my order because irresponsible young people aren't paying attention to their jobs.  I've gone to stores like Lowes and Home Depot where I tell them exactly what I need, the item number and when they go in back and bring it up front, it's the wrong item!  No one pays attention or cares about their physical jobs because half of them never learned how to do even the most simple things because they have Alexa, computers and technology to do everything for them.  They are always on their cell phones playing around or they don't pay enough attention to what you are telling them and they make a mistake and check the wrong item on their computer.   I remember futuristic movies and episodes of Star Trek where aliens were nothing but a head and a withered body.  That's where we are headed because we just sit around on our computers and social media allowing technology to do everything for us instead of being responsible, getting off out butts, getting out and doing it for ourselves. 

My back doesn't allow me enough standing/walking time to get through the store

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

As I said, there are always exceptions based on age, health and a very busy lifestyle.  My soapbox speech was aimed more at the younger healthy people with plenty of time who are just too lazy, in my opinion to get up and do even the most simplest things by sitting back letting Alexa and technology do it all for them. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, DailyDi said:

You could always use one of those electric carts to get around the store Mikey. There's no shame in using one, that's what it's there for. I'm sorry you have such health issues with your back and everything. I wish I could give you a big hug and give you a back rub and make you feel better.?☺️????♥️?? If people don't like you using a cart to get around, too bad. It was made for people just like you, with medical issues so that you can enjoy your shopping just as much as anyone.?????

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, BabyJeggySpideyBoy said:

You could always use one of those electric carts to get around the store Mikey. There's no shame in using one, that's what it's there for. I'm sorry you have such health issues with your back and everything. I wish I could give you a big hug and give you a back rub and make you feel better.?☺️????♥️?? If people don't like you using a cart to get around, too bad. It was made for people just like you, with medical issues so that you can enjoy your shopping just as much as anyone.?????

The problem around here is the number of seemingly able-bodied people that are using the carts, so you can't always be sure you'll find one!

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

The problem around here is the number of seemingly able-bodied people that are using the carts, so you can't always be sure you'll find one!

I'm willing to bet that more than half of those able-bodied people don't need to be using them anyway. They should be saved and reserved ESPECIALLY for people like you, that ACTUALLY NEED them. They don't need to be using those, and taking up the resources that people like you need. It's the same thing with handicap parking. They don't need to be taking up all those spots, especially when all of them can probably walk just fine. Granted some people do LEGITIMATELY have a reason to be using those like anyone else. But there shouldn't be that much of a high demand for them when the majority of the world is able-bodied.?????♥️??♥️?

12 hours ago, DailyDi said:

my local grocery store is maybe a little smaller than a dollar general, i cant walk all the way through it down each isle myself, when i go shopping with mom, she uses the riding cart(still trying to recover from her last cardiac emergency) and i have to sit down in the isle for a minute

• Like 2
23 hours ago, BabyJeggySpideyBoy said:

Good point and I thought about those electric carts myself for Mikey.  If he continues to lose weight, that may help his back a lot and eventually he might be able to walk through the store for a short while.

23 hours ago, DailyDi said:

That is so true.  You can't ever be sure they aren't all in use or being charged, but I usually see 2 or 3 vacant ones when I go to the grocery stores.  Only way to know is to have the frame of mind that there will be one available when you get there and not the negative, "They're probably all taken!"  I know you mentioned a recent post about anxiety when going out doors, but I believe it's always good for a persons body and sole to get out on a nice warm sunny day or nice evening if just to sit on the porch watching people go by or the sun setting or just relaxing.   The sun provides vitamin D if only for half an hour or so.   It does a person good to be out among people even if they are strangers in a store or walking by as you sit on a park bench..  Enjoy some time outside in nice weather or even a cloudy fall day.  It does a body good.

22 hours ago, BabyJeggySpideyBoy said:

I'm willing to bet that more than half of those able-bodied people don't need to be using them anyway. They should be saved and reserved ESPECIALLY for people like you, that ACTUALLY NEED them. They don't need to be using those, and taking up the resources that people like you need. It's the same thing with handicap parking. They don't need to be taking up all those spots, especially when all of them can probably walk just fine. Granted some people do LEGITIMATELY have a reason to be using those like anyone else. But there shouldn't be that much of a high demand for them when the majority of the world is able-bodied.?????♥️??♥️?

I 100% agree with you BabyJeggySpideyBoy.  Many is the time I see a car parked in a handicap space (and I have a permanent placard myself) when people don't seem to need it.  It's hard to judge because sometimes a person can look the picture of health but have a disability you can't notice.  I also have seen people park in a handicap space, dash out in their gym workout cloths and run into the store.  One young woman of about 30 comes to mind.  No Handicap plate or placard.  Then you get the people who park in the space, no placard and sit there waiting for the person to run into the store.  They figure if someone in authority comes by they can just move, but in the mean time it takes up a space a handicap person needs.  Some just don't give a shit! ? I spent a week a couple years ago talking with store security, city hall and even the fire department (who I was referred to at one point).  Stores won't do anything because they don't want to piss off a paying customer.  They say that the local police come through the lot 6 times a day looking for people illegally parked, but I've never seen any.  I've been told I could call to request a police to enforce the law, but no one seems to have the number to call.  I have also been told at a store it's privet property and the police can't enforce the handicap parking law (even though in my opinion once a store allows the general public in their parking lot, it becomes a public lot!).  I want so much to be able to call police and have them write a ticket for illgally parking in a marked handicap spot and sit there watching as the cop hands the perpetrator a ticket!  I've thought of printing small notes to put under windshield wipers stating, "Thanks for illegally parking in a handicap space and making a true handicap person like me with a medical condition and doctors order for a handicap permit have to walk the length of the parking lot because of your illegal selfishness", but I would probably be the one to get the ticket for putting something under the windshield of an illegally parked car, and it wouldn't hit home either!  Those kinds of people figured they are entitled and above the law.

As far as the electric carts?  Perhaps you should be made to show a handicap card to the store in order to be able to use one.  I think they are good for people who need them, but I do see people that must weight about 500 pounds riding around in them.  It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't loading their cart with Twinkies, Ding-Dongs, Ho Ho's, ice cream, potato chips, cookies and all the things that caused them to weigh 500 pounds in the first place!  Then to top it all off, they leave the electric cart right in the middle of an empty handicap parking space making sure no one can use that space until someone moves the cart out of the way.  They always seem to have a young in-shape son, daughter or person to help them.  Can't that person move the electric cart out of the way or return it back to the store?  Especially since they parked right up front near the entrance in a handicap spot!

People!  Sometimes I wish I was a cop that did nothing but write tickets to people who illegally park!  Still, with those hassles I prefer to get out to the store and shop in person.  I was raised that way and I actually enjoy it!

On 7/17/2022 at 11:50 PM, Wet Knight said:

Actually, it isn't the abundance of food, but to much money to be able to afford it!! When I was a kid ( back in the 60's) going out to dinner, or just going out to eat period, was considered a treat, and something special....you even dressed up for it!! It was NOT something you did all the time, since it was "expensive". 

Today, dining out if a freeking LIFESTYLE!! Look at the lines at McDonalds, or any other fast food place. We have made procuring food exceedingly easy....but it is still expensive!! Yet people take it for granted, most dont even dress up anymore...even for high end dining establishments.... Its sweats or what ever you slept in last night/ week....and slippers....ugh!

But Rusty is right too...just plain laziness and stupidity. I work in the foodindustry, and see it every day! People dress like slobs, no class or self respect....dragging everything down to the lowest common denominator. Even door dash and Uber drivers who come in to pick up orders look like something that crawled out of the gutter...

Everything is to easy, to conveienient, "inexpensive" ( lie) requiring no real talent or skills...... Society in general is brain dead!!! 

The zombie Apocalypse is HERE!!!!.... And it isn't going to get better any time soon!! ??

• Like 1
On 7/18/2022 at 4:44 AM, ValentinesStuff said:

That's because someone decided "fat" was bad for you. So they replaced it with sugar. Now there is sugar in everything.

@Wet Knight, it wouldn't be so bad if it was just sugar.  They add the High Fructose corn syrup.   That fools the body into thinking that its not full and we keep eating and eating.  We eat way more than we should. 

7 hours ago, square_duck said:

Actually, it isn't the abundance of food, but to much money to be able to afford it!! When I was a kid ( back in the 60's) going out to dinner, or just going out to eat period, was considered a treat, and something special....you even dressed up for it!! It was NOT something you did all the time, since it was "expensive". 

Today, dining out if a freeking LIFESTYLE!! Look at the lines at McDonalds, or any other fast food place. We have made procuring food exceedingly easy....but it is still expensive!! Yet people take it for granted, most dont even dress up anymore...even for high end dining establishments.... Its sweats or what ever you slept in last night/ week....and slippers....ugh!

But Rusty is right too...just plain laziness and stupidity. I work in the foodindustry, and see it every day! People dress like slobs, no class or self respect....dragging everything down to the lowest common denominator. Even door dash and Uber drivers who come in to pick up orders look like something that crawled out of the gutter...

Everything is to easy, to conveienient, "inexpensive" ( lie) requiring no real talent or skills...... Society in general is brain dead!!! 

The zombie Apocalypse is HERE!!!!.... And it isn't going to get better any time soon!! ??

@Spanky @square_duck

I am fortunate that I come from the generation that one was taught to be respectful of your peers and your elders. We used to go out to eat every once in a while myself, and I used to go out with my aunt and my grandparents. When we were going somewhere, we always made sure that we were clean, and that we were made presentable to the best of our ability. We treated everyone with respect, and we said the words please and thank you, which I think is lacking in today's society to a large extent. Being that I came from my generation, I am eternally grateful for everything someone does for me and I thank them every chance I get, because well it is the right thing to do and it shows that someone has class.

I think part of the problems as I see it is that most of the food today is prepackaged, and not homemade, and as such, is not as good as the food that our parents made for us when we were growing up. I mean, my parents used to say we're going to have chicken tonight for dinner, and my mother would actually make a chicken, or she would use chicken legs and chicken thighs, and make a halfway decent dinner, complete with vegetables potatoes, and everything else. On our table, there were always two vegetables, and very rarely did my mom put salt on the table. I didn't think it was going to be that easy to lower the salt content in my diet, but from the time I was ten until the time I was 21, salt was something that was not on the table at all meals. The only time I would get salt would be when my grandparents would be making dinner and they would use salt and pepper on fresh vegetables such as tomatoes or cucumbers or celery or anything like that.

Because of the wait times have changed, people buy food frozen in the stores: most of the food you see in the stores is full of additives preservatives and other chemicals that are not good for you. It even gets into your meats and your cheeses and other things. Organic food usually costs a heck of a lot more than regular food, and does not have any of the pesticides or growth hormones or any of that stuff in it. However, in order to get the good food you have to pay premium price. I wonder sometimes if the food that we eat is purposely loaded with the junk that we don't need to keep ourselves looking like fat round basketballs rather than to make us look healthy. I always want to stay healthy, but it is harder for me because of my disability, and sometimes people give me grief because of the way I look or because of my weight. Sometimes I wonder if companies purposely don't make good food for us so they can see us become fat and stay that way.

I would also agree with rusty that there are some people in our society who have become lazy:  by this I mean that they do things in such a way that it is easier to deal with fast food and food that is not the best quality, just so they can get it done and out of the way quickly. People have forgotten how to be gentlemanly or ladylike, and some of the people that I deal with on a daily basis seemed to have forgotten that as well. I'll put it this way: one of my friends said that they feel that they are "entitled to anything and everything". I realize that there are hard working people out there who work very hard for what they have and they also have the ability to work and want to work, and I am one of the ones that want to work, but find it harder to get a good job and being able to hold it because of the fact that in order for me to get ahead, you would have to make sure that all of my medicals are covered by insurance and that I am able to work to my best ability, and in order to do that I would have to have enough money to be able to live on, and I think that the most important thing is people in my position should be allowed to work as much as they can, rather than to see somebody made too much money, and then remove that excess money so that you don't get anywhere fast.

Not everyone is lazy, but this is a problem of systemic proportions: because people think they're entitled to everything, they think that they can treat people with disrespect and be a pain in the rear. They end up getting upset when you try to correct them, or when you disagree with them, and some people are just plain rude I need a reality check real fast!

There are times when I wish that we could go back to a time when food was natural: there was sugar and salt in it but there was no over abundance of sugar and salt, and people were not throwing in chemicals to make us hungry as the herd of cattle when we eat hamburger or something like that. I miss the days when I could eat a hamburger or I could eat a hot dog or I could eat a piece of chicken or something like that, and it wasn't full of additives preservatives chemicals and other additives that are not necessary. Pesticides and other additives cause trouble for individuals, and I have a feeling that some of these chemicals can cause cancer or other problems to develop overtime. I sometimes wish that we could get all of the people together and make food healthier for individuals, but making it so that you don't have to eat so much of it to be able to get and stay full. Sometimes I get so hungry that I eat more than I should on more than one occasion, and that is bad, but as other people have stated sugar is also another problem. When I talk to my doctor about dieting, and tell him that my brother goes keto, he told me that I should not do that because in order to go keto you are dealing with making sure that you have salt and electrolytes in your body, and you are changing the way you deal with fats: doing a keto diet you end up dealing with salt water and electrolytes, while doing it the way we would normally do it you deal with fats carbohydrates and sugars. I don't mind trying to lose weight, I just wish it was easier to do it!

It may sound silly, but there are times when I wish that we could go back to a day when we could actually trust our government, what they tell us, what they advise us of, and whether something is healthy or not. It would be awesome if most of the food that we eat on a daily basis would be healthier, but then of course people wouldn't be fat anymore, so there wouldn't be a reason for someone to try to make us dependent on medicines and drugs designed to help us with blood pressure and with cholesterol. Cholesterol is one thing I'm scared of, but with all the things that we have in our society that we could eat, companies seem to understand getting us fat, but don't understand that some of us want to be healthier. In order to be healthier, you have to be able to afford what you can eat, and you also have to have a supply of food that is available to be able to maintain halfway decent diet. Me myself, I happen to like to drink an occasional soda or an occasional ginger ale, but even those are full of preservatives and things that are bad for you.

For example: does anyone remember the old days when you could get Coca-Cola, or Pepsi, or sunkist, or tab, or maybe even Mountain Dew? Back then, when you had a soda, you had sugar in it or saccharine, but most of the sugar was cane sugar, which is naturally occurring. So when you had a soda, this sugar tasted OK, and it wasn't overly sweet. Nowadays, natural sugar is being replaced by high fructose anything syrup, or colors or preservatives or anything else, and flavor is you're being enhanced to the point where you crave it. This is not as healthy as it should be, and nowadays I am not sure sometimes what is in my food, because all the preservatives and things that are in it, such as a old McDonald's hamburger that was full of that slim for example, was full of chemicals to make us hungry enough to want more and more and more. I don't mind eating food, but I wish sometimes I wasn't so hungry that I wanted to eat 10 times with what I should. It's just not healthy anymore and I wonder if people even care. And by that I mean the people that are providing us with the food that we do eat.

I have to admit however, that I do miss the ability to go out and eat every once in a while: however with the cost of food gas rent and everything else that is going through the roof, going out to eat is something that I do not do very often. When I do that, I usually go to a local restaurant that serves Subs or sandwiches or pizza, and I order a good sandwich with my vegetables onions and cheese, and whatever meat I want, and that is the extent of me going out. When my parents go out to eat, they go to places like Texas Roadhouse or #9 restaurants or they go to Texas Roadhouse or other places. I've gone to Applebee's on a few occasions, but that has been few and far between. I went to ladder one grill for my birthday, and that was the last time I actually went out to a real restaurant and had a meal that was commensurate with the experience. Sometimes I miss those days when you could go out and have a halfway decent meal.......

Brian