LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How the mighty have fallen

6 minutes ago, WBxx said:

How about MS Edge?  From what I've read it's gaining market share.

Either awstats doesn't track them yet, or no one uses it lol

• Haha 1

Well, IE got a bad reputation that it could not shed. Even Firefox has modified its basic engine and is now Firefox Quantum, to eep up with Chrome and Opera has gone really outsize offering an integrated VPN for free. I'm still with Fx because Opera does not display all the images on this site and Chrome has no "ignore Colors" or dark mode  so it does not eet my needs

People still use NetScape?

How interesting. I keep IE just for the nostalgia. Its very interesting and it at least gives you a idea of how much the web page has loaded.

Why do people use Chrome? Don't they realize how many security holes Chrome has, even more then IE?

24 minutes ago, MegaChar said:

People still use NetScape?

How interesting. I keep IE just for the nostalgia. Its very interesting and it at least gives you a idea of how much the web page has loaded.

Why do people use Chrome? Don't they realize how many security holes Chrome has, even more then IE?

I was surprised by Netscape too. And somebody accesses the site though a Playstation.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Either awstats doesn't track them yet, or no one uses it lol

Edge is based on Chromium. So it just gets added to the chrome statistic. This would be the same with all Chromium-based browsers, such as Brave.

I'm personally proud to be part of that Firefox statistic.

• Like 2

I quit using the MS browsers, IE and Edge, some years ago when I found it was blocking my ability to connect to some of the web site forums?  I don't like to be censored in my thoughts or what I want to say or which sites I participate in.  I still have spam blockers in use to keep out the bad stuff, but don't like some operating system choosing where I can go to on WWW 

On 5/10/2022 at 3:04 PM, MegaChar said:

People still use NetScape

Actually I am surprised to see how may persons use FireFox from the way I keep hearing the praises of Chrome even from knowledgeable persons. Most of use use a cybersecurity app so builit-in browser security is not a real issue. I use MalwareBytes paid version fully armed. Even Microsoft recommends MB be used with Dindows Defender. The trick is that you cannot use them in parallel in case of a confict You use one behind the other for "defense in depth". FireFox updates its security

Edge reports itself as Edge but otherwise it's pretty indistinguishable from Chrome (even uses the same version #).   Still it would seem strange that you don't see any.   Edge I think averages out as #2 across the net now (behind Chrome and ahead of Firefox).

Something is wrong with awstats anyhow.   There's  no such thing as either an IOS or Android browser.   The Android browser reports as Chrome (as does Chrome on the iPhone).   Safari on the iPhone also reports as Safari.   They have to distinguish the difference by the OS reported (and note that these things exist on more than just PDA/Phones).

I suspect the stats is throwing Edge in with Chrome (or perhaps IE, but that would seem unlikely).

In stats, a lot of WebKit-based browsers will report themselves as Google Chrome for compatibility reasons. MS Edge reports as Chrome, as do several of the forks from it.

I tried Eege and Opera, but they did not show all images here, which is a shame because I liked Opera as it has a built-in VPN for free

There is another browser that uses the same engine as FireFox, the Gecko engine, it is called K-meleion and is a geek's delight, to change the settings, you must go reight into the code, but it is probably the fastest on the blok

There are also Waterfox and Pale Moon, which is simply made from an older version of Firefox (pre-quantum)

Also, IE was king of the hill when it was the only very readily available browser in town. Then others cropped up beginning in the very late 1990's when Apple created a Windoes version of Safari. Then Ubuntu came along as a competing OS to windows and Linux improved its graphics and some brave souls tried out the Gecko engine and then Chrmium came along and everyone is crazy for it. Fireox has what I want and does what I want. Chrome's accessibility is rank stinking garbage. You have to find the extensions to do what you want. And Chrome does not have near as may extensions as FireFox, including an Easy YouTube Download manager, Internet Downoad Manager Integration and VLC integration, Google Translator. You could spend an afternoon going through the available extensions and plugins

On 5/10/2022 at 10:45 AM, Dprczyone said:

I believe Microsoft quit updating IE and now you have to use Microsoft Edge. Don't quote me on that but I think that's the reason.

You would be right. Internet Explorer is set to go defunct next month actually.

1 hour ago, Kita Sparkles said:

What's with the "Unknown"?   That's pretty high.  What would fall under it? 

Privacy blocking browsers that don't report data

MS Edge is horrible, worse than IE was actually. Though in typical fashion MS sings praises on how good Edge is, yet I only use Google now as many websites have compatibility issues with MS ones, I even had MS block legitimate sites for some of my games like Star Wars the Old Republic and Final Fantasy XIV which are my 2 go to MMO's. The guys at MS are delusional.  :P

In a lot of server stats software, they still show Edge as Internet Explorer. I stopped using AWStats, because it's not accurate at all when you're dealing with the vast majority of servers being secure (https). I find Google Analytics to be much more detailed and accurate once you add it to your server.