LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers on an airplane?

BbBettie

If you can avoid wearing through TSA and change after then that would be advisable. If not, then try and ensure you’re not wet going through the scanner as it picks up moisture and a wet diaper may result in a secondary check in private, which is both embarrassing and can cause delay. Other than that, enjoy the comfort of knowing that you don’t have to use the horrible plane toilets!!

• Like 1

always dry thru scanner unless changing planes. Wear depend disosible bladder control bikinis, change every 5 to 6 hours. Shoot short shots occasionaly to relive pressure if you have to have a full pee. Wear you underwear over the diaper panty, both are thin, and you can rip the sides out when soaked, and pull your dry underwear up.

Done it every time I have flown the past four years. Wear dry through the scanners if possible. I usually pee every 15 mins, so a quick change from a thin diaper to a thick one in the bathroom before security is the ticket. Get a TSA pre-check. Know how long your diaper will last! I have made the mistake of not bringing a change and by the time I arrive at the hotel or wherever I am leaky and soggy. Gross and unacceptable, especially for a business traveler.

I usually need a change every 4 hours, so if you are on a long international flight that means I have to change twice in the plane bathroom. I use a little drawstring bag, for my "valuables." I can always cram my diapers into the plane bathroom trash and I wear thick diapers flying. I buy the Heaven Scent bags from NorthShore so if need be I can just put it back in the drawstring back to dispose of at the airport. I usually change after the flight as well. I use thick 5000ml diapers with boosters but I drink a lot so I am hydrated and don't smell like pee.

Next month I am flying to Utah from NC. That's a four hour flight and I'll be with my family. I plan on changing at the airport bathroom before security from a NorthShore Supreme or Tena into a InControl Inspire + with Booster for the flight, then change after landing into an InControl Inspire or Hybrid for the drive to the resort. More cumbersome than toileting, maybe, but not if you have to pee every 15-30 minutes like me. Diapers make my life so much easier, even with the hassle of changing.

Being dry through the TSA scanner is ideal but being I don't have bladder control it isn't always possible. I have been through the scanner in a wet diaper and the scanner will pick it up. They asked if I could lift my shirt and they swabbed the waist band portion of my diaper and it wasn't an issue. I did disclose that I was wearing an incontinence product and they were very nice and it was the end of the search. I've done this 3 times now and it was never a big issue, no attention was drawn towards me and it never resulted in a secondary search.

• Like 1

I usually have a pull up on while heading through TSA, and then change into a diaper in the bathroom.   I'm sure there is the chance for exposure because the tabs do make a sound, but who cares.  That diaper is pretty thick, but it also means I don't have to get up to use the bathroom midflight.   I just sit in my window seat and mind my business.

I've told this story a few times on this board, but I've only had one experience where I was searched.   I was in a diaper on flight from Oslo to Saigon, via Doha.   We had to go through passport control and security while in transit in Doha.    My diaper was damp, but not soaked while heading through security, and I was flagged for a pat down.  The guard felt the padding and asked, "What is this?" 

I said, "A diaper."   Once he understood, he took me to a private area and they patted me down and searched my carry on.  Once they saw the diapers, they let dress and sent me on my way.  If I did that again, I would remove the diaper before going through the security, and rediaper.   Later that trip, I was in Singapore.  Singapore has the screening at the gate, so I was diapered before heading through security.  I kept it dry, and they just used the metal wand.

I have worn diapers on every flight I’ve been on for the last decade and twice I’ve gone through TSA with a wet diaper on and both times I was taken for a secondary screening. One time was just a pat down and when the TSA guard came in contact with my diaper I was asked “What’s that?” and I said it’s my diaper and when they saw the spare diapers in my carry on they sent me on my way. The second time they actually made me drop my pants completely exposing my wet diaper and once again when they saw my spare diapers in my carry on they apologized profusely and sent me on my way. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, IminWetPampers said:

I have worn diapers on every flight I’ve been on for the last decade and twice I’ve gone through TSA with a wet diaper on and both times I was taken for a secondary screening. One time was just a pat down and when the TSA guard came in contact with my diaper I was asked “What’s that?” and I said it’s my diaper and when they saw the spare diapers in my carry on they sent me on my way. The second time they actually made me drop my pants completely exposing my wet diaper and once again when they saw my spare diapers in my carry on they apologized profusely and sent me on my way. 

That must've been very awkward for them. LOL!????? I can only imagine! Hahahaha!!!!!???

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BbBettie said:

I’m afraid to wear plastic backed because I don’t want anyone to hear me lol 

Oh haha no way people hear me. I wear Gary PUL pants (NorthShore has them) over and you can’t hear at all. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BbBettie said:

I’m afraid to wear plastic backed because I don’t want anyone to hear me lol 

ABDLs have fine tuned hearing for diaper crinkles. Few other people do because plastic baby diapers have not been common for over 20 years. And you need to be within 4 feet in a quiet space to pick up an adult diaper crinkle, public spaces are fine.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, BbBettie said:

Good to know! If I’m going to commit to a diaper on the plane, I want to make sure it’s discreet but thick enough to last the whole 4 hour flight. 

Yeah that’s the tough part. My NorthShores are quiet. My Rearz are louder but under Gary pants and then clothes you can’t hear it. You could also wear a onesie to even further reduce the sound. I’d definitely bring a change though. You never know! 

2 minutes ago, messyman said:

ABDLs have fine tuned hearing for diaper crinkles. Few other people do because plastic baby diapers have not been common for over 20 years. And you need to be within 4 feet in a quiet space to pick up an adult diaper crinkle, public spaces are fine.

Maybe on an airplane if everyone is asleep, maybe, but I doubt it. And they wouldn’t register diaper. Maybe receipt or bag in pocket from the airport store or anything but diapers. Not top of mind. Hell I went golfing and videod myself in tight pants. After wetting I thought it was absolutely obvious. I had a hard time telling I was wearing unless I stood erect and bend 90 degrees at the waist sticking my butt in the air. Even then it wasn’t obvious haha. Still self conscious sometimes though wtf haha 

Anyone who may hear you would be a stranger and wouldn't even say anything, even if they may suspect you are wearing a diaper.  I understand you would be self concious, so if needed, put the cellophane wrapper from candy or something in your pocket.  If anyone should be rude enough to say anything, pull it out of your pocket and say, "you mean this?"

On 1/24/2022 at 6:51 PM, messyman said:

I've worn ABDL like Crinklz and RearZ, Mega Max in public, and I've never been called out.   I've worn in front of family, and they don't say anything.

I wear boxers over the diaper, and I wear a water proof pant that is nylon backed, and they do a good job muffling the sound.

2 minutes ago, PuraVidaDip said:

Anyone have issues with onesies with metal detectors or body scanners??

I've never tried it.  Buttons don't usually flag, so I wonder about that.

• Thanks 1

Once you go cross the security. If you have PreCheck. You can go through metal detector. TSA won't pat you down. After you clear at security. You have go to restroom. You put a diapers on before boarding the flight. This is better idea. Nobody who ask me that I wore a diapers on the plane and at security, too. It's private. 

On 1/24/2022 at 9:46 PM, BbBettie said:

Good to know! If I’m going to commit to a diaper on the plane, I want to make sure it’s discreet but thick enough to last the whole 4 hour flight. 

OK BbBettie, how did your flight go?

I love wearing while traveling on a plane.  It is so much better than using the airplane or airport bathrooms, yuck!   Flying comfortable is the way to go.  Comfy Rearz safari, diapersuit / onesie and sweatpants & tshirt / sweatshirt.  

Joey

I have flown from UK to New Zealand every year for the last 15 years, a 24 hour flight, with a pull-up at the beginning of the flight then for the night time I change to a Tykables or a Crinklz. That will last from London to Singapore/Dubai, then I change and go back to the pull-up and another Tykables/Crinkles. I carry my nappy uncovered down the aisle to the toilet and never worry if someone can see as the number of people that know what they are or even care is minimal. They have never been mentioned at security or anywhere else, although given that I have a new metal knee and a metal hip that is what interests them most. Bags are searched and nappies found but never a word from the very carefully trained staff, and if they did I shall just say that I am incontinent following a prostate operation, the truth.  Just don’t worry about it, they won’t.

37 minutes ago, Greybird said:

I have flown from UK to New Zealand every year for the last 15 years, a 24 hour flight, with a pull-up at the beginning of the flight then for the night time I change to a Tykables or a Crinklz. That will last from London to Singapore/Dubai, then I change and go back to the pull-up and another Tykables/Crinkles. I carry my nappy uncovered down the aisle to the toilet and never worry if someone can see as the number of people that know what they are or even care is minimal. They have never been mentioned at security or anywhere else, although given that I have a new metal knee and a metal hip that is what interests them most. Bags are searched and nappies found but never a word from the very carefully trained staff, and if they did I shall just say that I am incontinent following a prostate operation, the truth.  Just don’t worry about it, they won’t.

Singapore Airport has a big drawback.  I don't like to go through security in a diaper, and definitely not a wet diaper.   You will be flagged.  In Pull Up, they won't feel anything, but they will if it's a diaper, which could draw more attention.  I'm not worried about the attention, but I generally want to get through security as quick as possible.   Singapore has security at the gate, so I can't use my trick of clearing security and than changing in a bathroom.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, spark said:

Singapore Airport has a big drawback.  I don't like to go through security in a diaper, and definitely not a wet diaper.   You will be flagged.  In Pull Up, they won't feel anything, but they will if it's a diaper, which could draw more attention.  I'm not worried about the attention, but I generally want to get through security as quick as possible.   Singapore has security at the gate, so I can't use my trick of clearing security and than changing in a bathroom.

I've actually been through Changi airport at Singapore in nappies.  I arrived on a flight from Australia in a wet BetterDry.  I changed into a dry BetterDry in a bathroom before clearing security at the gate for my onward flight to Bangkok.  They only had metal detectors and x-ray for baggage at the gate.  This was 2 years ago so it may be different now.  I know body scanners are a problem.  At Brisbane international, I've been flagged in a dry pull-up by a body scanner.  They just groped it and moved me on.

Bangkok had body scanners but they weren't using them which was fortunate.  I was in a Molicare that I'd been unable to keep dry on the way to the airport and was traveling with a colleague: a close call.  I changed in a bathroom after security back into a BetterDry which lasted me all the way home.

These days I don't really have the bladder cruise range to go without for long haul.

• Like 1
On 1/20/2022 at 11:58 PM, BbBettie said:

I’m sure this has been asked before.. but I’m taking a trip soon. I’m going to be wearing a diaper on the plane for the first time ever! I’m both excited and nervous. Any tips?

I don’t know if you already went on your flight or not but if it was me and they took me aside for a search, I would just say that I am wearing a diaper and just leave it at that. They definitely encounter this pretty often. Whether that be people who wear them for medical necessity or whatever it may be. It’s only your business as to why you wear diapers and no one else’s!! 

• Like 1