LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you have incontinence in your medical chart?

So I’ve been on n off last year, and decided to finally go 24/7 yesterday. I’m making an appointment Monday. I’m almost for sure I will have nocturnal incontinence in my charts.

I’m not as tight as one should be in the rear end. There has been damage to the sphincter muscle. And at night I often will scratch. During the day I always have leakage after going #2. So I’ve been wearing at nights which in turn has me wetting. I’m a heavy sleeper so that part helps me out. 

Not sure if all the tests that will be done, but hopefully if the nocturnal sticks, maybe I’ll be diagnosed with oab or another form. 

I’ve been drinking about a gallon of water each day for years already, (I’m an active person) so frequently peeing is easy to come by.

• Like 1
  • Billy987 changed the title to Do you have incontinence in your medical chart?

Yes, I have incontinence on my medical charts and my doctors know that I wear diapers permanently. It's on my medical records that I am required to be diapered.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Newbee said:

Same here.

@Newbee

I do indeed – mine reads: “continuous leakage of urine, fecal incontinence with fecal urgency”  I did it this way because that way the state or anyone else will not be able to deny me should I ask for diapers in a hospital or a clinical setting, and the state would probably ask me for a diagnosis like this, and they will continue to cover my incontinence supplies such as diapers pads and boosters. I was informed by the state that as long as I have a diagnosis like this, I have met the requirements, and I’ll never have to use cheap diapers again, because they have found out that The diapers that they give everyone first time out or nowhere near as effective as the ones I have now. I told them “ DUH! anyone to tell you that!” ?  These diagnoses effectively make me incontinent both directions, and with my disability I am not sure what will happen as I age, but I do know the inevitable will happen, where I probably will need diapers, so I might as will be using the best they have now rather than to wait 20 more years and have to fight like I did seven or eight months ago when something went haywire.

As with Newbee, I don’t see this diagnosis changing, but I do see it worsening as I age. The idea of going 24 seven was my idea in 2020, because it was a lot easier to deal with stress and other issues by having the diapers, And incontinent should be the least of my worries, because it’s the easiest to deal with her using the proper equipment. I have also had accidents and incidents where I have needed them because my body just responds and wants to release. I don’t want to have to worry about incontinence anymore, so the diapers are here: as I have stated to others, and most people know that our members here: diapers are an underwear choice, And to me, they helped me in more ways than one.

Brian

• Like 2

My medical chart says Enuresis. (You know, Bedwetting!!) I've also told my doc about my increasing frequency of needing to pee during the day, 

so I'm sure Urge Incontinence will  be listed in my records soon. After that, I'll be in diapers 24/7...

Yes and I wrote about it here: 

Long story short I was referred to a urologist after I mentioned incontinence to a few doctors.  That urologist’s note strongly implies my incontinence is psychological in origin and I’m happy being incontinent.  I’m obviously embarrassed about “outing myself”. But then again there’s nothing incorrect in the doctor’s note and lying would’ve made it worse.  

Then again, I told my therapist who knows about my incontinence desires about what the doc wrote and she shrugged it off and says I could’ve flat out told him I’m an ABDL and it still wouldn’t have mattered.  And besides, it was extremely validating that despite the psychological origins, the doc and staff treated me like any other incontinent patient and nobody batted an eye when I stripped down to my diaper and took it off for the exam.   In fact the medical assistant flat out asked me if I needed a new “brief” to change into after the exam.  I asked what type and she came back with a pull-up and I said no thanks! Lol!!  Plus I never have to worry about going to the doctors in a diaper again.   So all in all I’m glad I went through with it. ?

• Like 2

I need to.. but l Don't know what to expect when I do. I don't want to be healed, just have it listed on my record so I can get diapers on my insurance.  I want to be at least listed as diaper dependent or whatever it takes. He knows about my urge incontinence from a few years ago, but not to the extent that I have done in untraining myself this last year. I hope he will understand. 

• Like 1
On 1/8/2022 at 4:00 PM, ~Brian~ said:

@Newbee

I do indeed – mine reads: “continuous leakage of urine, fecal incontinence with fecal urgency”  I did it this way because that way the state or anyone else will not be able to deny me should I ask for diapers in a hospital or a clinical setting, and the state would probably ask me for a diagnosis like this, and they will continue to cover my incontinence supplies such as diapers pads and boosters. I was informed by the state that as long as I have a diagnosis like this, I have met the requirements, and I’ll never have to use cheap diapers again, because they have found out that The diapers that they give everyone first time out or nowhere near as effective as the ones I have now. I told them “ DUH! anyone to tell you that!” ?  These diagnoses effectively make me incontinent both directions, and with my disability I am not sure what will happen as I age, but I do know the inevitable will happen, where I probably will need diapers, so I might as will be using the best they have now rather than to wait 20 more years and have to fight like I did seven or eight months ago when something went haywire.

As with Newbee, I don’t see this diagnosis changing, but I do see it worsening as I age. The idea of going 24 seven was my idea in 2020, because it was a lot easier to deal with stress and other issues by having the diapers, And incontinent should be the least of my worries, because it’s the easiest to deal with her using the proper equipment. I have also had accidents and incidents where I have needed them because my body just responds and wants to release. I don’t want to have to worry about incontinence anymore, so the diapers are here: as I have stated to others, and most people know that our members here: diapers are an underwear choice, And to me, they helped me in more ways than one.

Brian

That's like me as well.  I'm incontinent and when they asked if I wanted to be put on meds. I told them I was much more comfortable in being diapered. It's why I prefer to be diapered instead of being put on incontinence meds. The idea of being diapered 24/7 made it so much easier on me and it made it very less stressful. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My bladder and bowel incontinence is well documented in my medical records. It is due to a ruptured L5-S1 disc. I have 11 damaged discs throughout my spine and I am always in moderate to severe spinal pain. My doctors want me to get surgery on my spine but I refuse to do it because the spine butchers will only make things worse. I am just glad I can still walk but I am not sure how much longer I will be able to walk.

46 minutes ago, Diapee underskirt said:

I’ll let you know on Tuesday ?? my doctors appointment is Tuesday morning. I’m having a minor freak out about it.

I TOTALLY get that.  Trust me.  And I would love to promise that it will go smoothly and no one will bat an eye.  Though nobody can guarantee that.  

A couple of thoughts going in: 

1. Whatever you do, DON’T LIE.  Skilled clinicians know what to look for and will see right through a lie.  And worse, it may result in unnecessary tests and treatment if you lie.  

2.  That said you don’t have to overshare either.  

3.  Why are you bringing it up?  For me, I wanted it documented in my chart so I don’t  have to be self conscious if I’m in a healthcare setting and someone sees me in a diaper.  I made it clear that it’s a lifelong issue and I’m fine wearing diapers, I’m not looking for treatment, I just want it documented in my chart for future appointments and procedures. 

4.  Don’t be surprised if you’re referred for additional medical workup and  “treatment.”  Though remember you can always politely decline referrals or tests or treatment.  Or say “I’ll think about it.”

5.  It’s perfectly acceptable to say, “I’ve always preferred wearing diapers to trusting my bladder to keep me dry, and as weird as it may sound, wearing diapers help my feel more secure and less anxious.” Assuming that’s not a lie.

6.  It can only get so awkward before your appointment ends. And once it’s done you’ll feel a huge sigh of relief.  

Good luck. Please do let us know how it goes! 

• Like 3

Went in yesterday with some mixed real and embellished issues and was given some meds and referrals. I told the doctor I was embarrassed about my issues and didn’t want them in my records. She said “well I have to write these in your notes” so I guess it’s in my records now. I’m now “trying” a voiding schedule, limited water and oxybutynin and going for a referral next. 

As of the first of the year I have a new primary care doctor.  I really like the guy.  He’s personable and seems to generally care about patients.  As a first step his staff sends reams of new patient paperwork to fill out.  So there it is … my bugaboo.  In a section labeled “GENITOURINARY:  URINARY” is symptom “GU2: Bed-Wetting” with areas for “Yes”, “No” and “Explanation”.  It’s second on the list!  How to answer?

Not easy, but in the end I could see no point in telling him.  It remains my secret, probably a mistake.

I'd vote YES. But then the question is what to say next after a regimen to avoid is in place... which is the current dilemma I am in. She told me to stop drinking any fluids after 4 pm for my nighttime wetting. I told her that's not going to happen. What else you got, doc?

Yes, my urologist tried to get me to self-catheter but it was too difficult for me, I actually fainted doing it. The incontinence nurse said I should just try briefs or pullups until my fear gets better. They only had Tena brand at the urology ward but I had to pretend like I didn't know if they were good or not.

I have check-ups every six months or so.

37 minutes ago, PuraVidaDip said:

I'd vote YES. But then the question is what to say next after a regimen to avoid is in place... which is the current dilemma I am in. She told me to stop drinking any fluids after 4 pm for my nighttime wetting. I told her that's not going to happen. What else you got, doc?

That’s the crux of the matter for me.  Since I’m not looking for a cure what benefit is there in placing “wets the bed” on my medical record.

Well @Enthusiand @sparklezBear I survived my doctors appointment, used your guys’ advice and had a minor panic attack. But it went better than I expected it could. I used the truth as you both instructed. Leaving out unnecessary parts of the truth, told her it was a life long thing and I wore more and more and have been wearing for a year 24/7 and that I need it on the record for work/air travel/ and other medical visits. She asked me questions about mental health, skin care with rashes and things and if I was happy with using diapers as a solution. She was totally professional and very understanding and put it all on the record. It now says I have stress urinary incontinence! I did it. Thanks again everyone. It’s a relief I no longer have to worry about that part of things any more.

• Like 7