LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Want the secret to unpotty train without problems or delay?

Hi there everyone. I been thinking about this post for over a month.  I was not sure if I wanted to let people know or if I did what they would say.  So I thought oh what the hell I will post it anyways.

Now Before I go into this.  I want to give a fair warning.  "Beware of what you wish for you may get what you wish for and regret it later on."

(another disclaimer.) You may believe in this or you may not.  But in reality, it is true.  

The first thing you must do to unpotty train yourself is to believe in what you are doing.  If you do not believe it is possible it will not happen no way no how it will work. So first believe.

Second, you must and I mean it you must clear your mind silence it.  By meditating every night you will clear your mind.

When you meditate and clear your mind you will then clear your subconscious blocks which is what is holding you back.

Now what I want you is to write out your affirmations.  Affirmations will enable you to focus on what it is you desire.

Then Visualize what it is you want. Like picture yourself needing diapers all the time no matter what you are doing.  Or where you are going.

The next part is gratitude if you are not thankful for what you are achieving then how can you expect to get what you want.  Everywhere you go no matter how small say to yourself Thank you or I am grateful.  If you pee in your diaper say I am grateful Or thank you for the diaper that I am able to release in.  

If you practice what I have said above you will have no problem gaining your desire.  It does take time to clear your resistance but once you do you will be in diapers for a long time.

A little bit about my plan.  One day I will join in with everyone who is either wants to be in diapers full-time or already is.  And I will be using these techniques to achieve it.  And I know once I begin it will not take me long to achieve it.

I want to tag a few of my friends for their opinions.

@~Brian~ @BabySpiderBoy @Transfusionelle @Evelyn Dellcerro @DailyDi @oznl @sparklezBear  @Kif @Little Sherri @Enthusi @Beccathelittle @jonbearab  @Little Belle  @Joep

• Like 1

^This.

I’ve said it a million times and I’ll say it again… it takes discipline to unpotty train. Human beings are remarkably adept at maintaining bladder and bowel control. I think that’s partly why it’s seen as embarrassing thing to not have proper control (and the fact that we get embarrassed is yet another layer of redundancy). 

In addition to what @DiaperboyEddie12 mentioned, being diapered full time by choice almost requires a special mindset  where you see the inconveniences as challenges to overcome and overcoming them is inherently rewarding.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Enthusi said:

^This.

I’ve said it a million times and I’ll say it again… it takes discipline to unpotty train. Human beings are remarkably adept at maintaining bladder and bowel control. I think that’s partly why it’s seen as embarrassing thing to not have proper control (and the fact that we get embarrassed is yet another layer of redundancy). 

In addition to what @DiaperboyEddie12 mentioned, being diapered full time by choice almost requires a special mindset  where you see the inconveniences as challenges to overcome and overcoming them is inherently rewarding.  

I just wanna add to that buddy, the reason why I think it's embarrassing to lose bladder and bowel control is because it goes against social norms. And as a society we've been taught to view certain experiences certain ways as acceptable and unacceptable. But in actuality there's nothing wrong with losing control of your bladder and bowel movements. It's just we've been taught to view that as bad, so when it happens to us we find that embarrassing because we want to be accepted and part of the pack, so to speak. And I'm not so sure unpotty training requires an certain mindset.? Because when I was a kid and had a lot of accidents when I was 7 and 8, I actually got the feeling that it was rather easy to become unpotty trained if I wanted to be. But then again, I wasn't an ABDL at the time. I would say it's more based off of habit than anything else. It's just as we get older we develop more motor control skills both consciously and unconsciously. So much so that we forgot what it was like when our motor control wasn't fully developed yet. So because of that, it seems harder than it actually is. And come to think of it, that may actually be the reason why some of us find it so hard to be in little space.? Because we LITERALLY forgot what it was like to be a baby/toddler.? LOL!?? That's my theory anyway, and I think that would make a lot of sense considering how much we struggle with it.????

• Like 2

Eeeeyup!

Maybe not meditating etc in my case, but obsessing? Abso-f**ing-lutely.

I mean...the body doesn't stop. There's undeniably a constant awareness of what you're doing to change voiding habits. 

And because you have other facets of your life you naturally want to tend to (grocery shopping, visiting friends, traveling/vacation...) then very quickly you are confronted with whatever fears you have about wearing and using diapers in all aspects of your life. And touching on that kind of stuff very quickly moves into dealing with all the fears you have about being yourself in all general aspects, and that naturally includes questioning your priorities because incon care forces you to literally put money on the table and consider the social impacts on yourself.

It's no surprise these kind of changes require such a big level of commitment, beyond simply "just stay relaxed". It's why, as others have already put, you have to get something very special and valuable out of this in order to overcome and grow through all those challenges.

• Like 2

So, would a good process be possibly having a daily journal where one could write affirmations regarding their untraining and future incontinence?

As well as maybe daily affirming hypnosis files to meditate to?

I try and listen to an hour and a half worth of files (the same ones) while Im awake and another file when I go to sleep.

I will adnit I saw an improvment in my trainjng when I finally told friends and family that I'd be wearing protection due to incontinence, as well as finding it easier to void if im struggling when I tell myself "you can't hold it, you're incontinent, you have no control"

• Like 1
7 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

just wanna add to that buddy, the reason why I think it's embarrassing to lose bladder and bowel control is because it goes against social norms. And as a society we've been taught to view certain experiences certain ways as acceptable and unacceptable. But in actuality there's nothing wrong with losing control of your bladder and bowel movements. It's just we've been taught to view that as bad, so when it happens to us we find that embarrassing because we want to be accepted and part of the pack, so to speak. And I'm not so sure unpotty training requires an certain mindset.?

@BabySpiderBoy

Norms are exactly what this is about. When we were kids, it was acceptable and it was also necessary that we were diapers. To not wear diapers indicates or will result in us making a mess on the floor, in a chair, or anywhere that we sit or move. This is still acceptable up until age 2, 3, 4, or maybe even five. Of course, there may be children that are older than this that may still be wearing diapers.

it is also socially acceptable for those who are disabled or very sick to wear diapers. No one is going to question a person that is in a wheelchair, or has some sort of disabling condition that requires them to wear diapers because they have no control or the “plumbing is broken downstairs“ for these types of individuals, diapers are a way of life, and probably have been since they were born. My brother Richard falls in this category, because he was severely disabled, and of course when you are nonverbal, you are unable to tell someone when you have to go to the bathroom, and and because of this, and because of the severity of his disability, diapers were used.

I understand that people are brought up to think and believe that loss of bladder control or bowel control is “embarrassing“. They also may believe and are brought up to believe that if you’re not going to use the toilet to release, and that you release in your pants, that this is an act of a “baby“. The reason why they think this is because babies do not have control, and they release whenever they want wherever they want.  of course it would be socially “unacceptable“ for someone who is not in continent to just mess themselves or P themselves all over the place. This does happen, because we have individuals who are drunk, and when they’re drunk they lose the ability to think clearly or to be able to function as normal. Plenty of drunk people have done this in their lives, and I’ve seen it myself. Norms are very strong things, and in order for something to become acceptable to most of the people in the world, Times change to allow it.

back in The early days (pre 1950s - 1980s). There may have been people that felt like “diaper lovers, adult babies, adult kids, etc.“. In this era, this had to be hidden from everyone, lest someone find out about it, and then what you end up with is somebody thinking that you are a “danger to somebody else“ because your thoughts aren’t “normal“ so they may “send you somewhere“ to be “rehabilitated“. Why was this done?: Reason: it was to correct “deviant behavior“ under the auspice is of what was acceptable back in that era. They probably were people in our community that felt that way way before it was more acceptable. The only problem is, you had to keep that under the hood because people find out and they send you away.

Even today, it might be considered “taboo” to feel the way we do, act way we act, do what we do, and believe what we believe. Thank God for us, that there are psychological people and psychiatric people who share the feeling that being an adult baby diaper lover, or adult kid, etc. does happen, is more acceptable, and has scientific psychiatric and psychological reasoning for occurring. These type of people will validate that this does exist, and there is a reason for why we do it.  I am not a professional in these areas, but I can tell you from psychology standpoint that if something happens, and we are able to deal with it, in a way that makes us feel good, there is less of a chance that we will cause issues for others. Now, as for the diapers and all of that:

there are reasons for what we do, what we say, how we act, what we believe. They have always been there, as well as the ability for us to still feel the way we feel. I am almost 50 years old. My first experience with diapers that was not as a baby was it eight years old. The diaper felt good then, at eight years old, even though it was something that was “not discussed“, and 49 years later, diaper still feel good. The only difference Is that I am over 18, I am an adult, and I can choose whether I wear or not whether I use or not or whether I like them or not. In my case, my decision is based on incontinence, as well as the feelings that diapers Eliicit in my case.

I bet you everyone of us has lost bladder control at least once, and even more than once in our lives. We have also lost  bowel control.  We have done that many times. How about the times that you didn’t make it to the bathroom in time, and you wet yourself? What about the times that you are playing with your brothers sisters cousins etc., and they tickle you – once you are tickled you are overwhelmed with the feelings of laughter, as well as the stimulation, and eventually you’ll P your self or mess yourself. If someone tickles you and you wet yourself, no one is going to sit there and laugh at you because you did this. The reason is because people expect that if you get tickled, you may what yourself or you may make a mess.

OK, so the only thing left here is that people believe the diapers are “for babies and The disabled. In reality, we all know that this is not exactly true. You might not have a physical reason to wear diapers, because you may have psychological or other reasons such as emotional for wearing them. I believe that these are reasons for wearing diapers, and they are acceptable reasons for doing it. Let’s put it this way:  if you have a person that you know of that is so “broken“ because they are terrorized, or have extreme nightmares, anxiety, and all of these medical diagnoses, and let’s say this person had a good childhood, or remember something that makes them feel comfortable, relaxed, stable, Enable to function at this level without feeling the guilt, shame, and the trauma. This would be a great opportunity to help someone to relive their childhood, and allow them to do it all the way. What would you need to do this?: This is easy what do you do with the baby when you have a baby you bring it home and you raise it? You bring home all of the equipment that is needed: this includes diapers: yes: You will use them, and a lot of them, possibly over 7000 of them in the lifetime of a baby in diapers. If there is a person who feels better as a young child, or a small baby, or maybe two years old, and they feel safe and secure, then this is what you would do to help someone. You put a diaper on them, and you treat them as a young child, And you let them run and see how they work, and how they deal with it. The reason you do this is because their adult life is so screwed up they don’t know whether they’re coming going or why they’re doing it.

Norms of the one thing that needs to change: I understand that people do not find it reasonable that people would Pee and poop all over the floor, or on furniture or whatever, based on their age.  However, there are reasons why people are the way they are, and why we do have people who are adult babies, diaper lovers, adult kids, etc. This was not something that happens overnight, and it’s no Secret that this is been going on for years. The difference here is that in the old days, this would be frowned upon, shunned, and someone would be sent away for a long time. Today, there are people that understand what this is, acknowledge that it exists. And try to help people to understand what is going on.  There is nothing wrong with this practice: the only thing that I keep saying is that as long as you are consenting adults, there is no problem here. Children have nothing to do with being an adult kid, an adult baby, a diaper lover, or whatever. There may be teenagers that feel that way, or kids that like diapers, but this is an adult fetish – and that’s the way it is.

So I say: diapers have their reasoning for being here, and they’re used in ways that help people. If you can use a diaper to help a baby, and you can use a diaper for somebody who does not have control, then someone who is hurt somehow psychologically physically or emotionally can do the same thing. Norms are not things that are set in stone, and they change with time. I remember a time when being gay lesbian or other genders was not even thought of, or discussed in open. Nowadays, this is discussed very freely, and it is more acceptable for those that are not “straight”, and as such identify that way.

so: there is nothing wrong with losing control of your bowels or your bladder. There’s also nothing wrong with wearing diapers, using them, liking them, or using them if you are disabled, and unable to get to the bathroom on time. Other people use them for their own reasons, and there are many of those. Norms however, need to understand the times do change, and as I see it, “Preconceive notion’s” about what we thought about the use of diapers back when I was a kid have changed, but The stigma is still around: people don’t see that a person that is wearing a diaper maybe wearing it for medical reasons that don’t include loss of control. There are people that wear them all the time, and because of that, people that need to wear them do, but because of the stigma that is brought along with it, you can tell a difference:  if you are a baby a toddler or a child, they call them “diapers“ if you are elderly disabled or an adult they called him “briefs”. This is because there is a certain belief that there is embarrassment if someone refers to a brief as a diaper. I understand this, but regardless of what they are called, they are still used by more people than people realize, and as such, people have to understand that it is not just for those who have no control: there are a lot more. As evidenced by the number of us here, as well as those around the world.

acceptance is what we should be going for here: many people do accept it, but how many people actually “understand it“ I do, and that is because I am here on DD, and I understand that there are many people who wear use like and depend on diapers. One day, I pray that wearing diapers is as acceptable as a person who identifies as a different gender, Or is gay lesbian or otherwise.

My friends would tell me “it is what it is” and that’s exactly what we should all remember: everyone has their reasons, and even if we don’t agree with those reasons, we should be ready to accept them.  It may take time, but I hope that eventually that does happen, because the world would be a better place if everyone would just take it and let it happen.

Brian

Interesting post, @DiaperboyEddie12; I think that you are probably writing the correct prescription for a lot of people. As you noted, potty training is very firmly rooted in most of us, and outside of some physiological disconnection between the mind and the body, such as with an injury or disease process, it will not be easy to let go of control entirely. However, the mind is very powerful; the literature covering psychology/psychiatry has within it numerous examples of people who have gone blind, or experienced apparent paralysis, or the loss of use of a limb, or an absence of sensation - physical symptoms that are due to processes that are believed to be entirely psychological. The term for this is psychosomatic, and some people read that as being a dismissal, when in fact it is the opposite. The existence of acknowledged psychosomatic conditions is an affirmation of the power of the mind over the body. The "placebo effect" exists in a similar linguistic quagmire; people associate "placebo" with meaning "fake", you got the sugar pill, it's all in your head. But people who get the sugar pill often exhibit measurable improvements, again affirming the power of the mind. There have even been experiments with placebo surgeries, where some people had, for example, arthroscopic knee surgery, while others, in a blind study, had their knee cut open in an OR but nothing else was done, and then they compared results, and, at least in the case of a couple of conditions, people who had the corrective repair, and people who did not, had about the same outcomes. Obviously that doesn't apply if your femur is broken, but, for chronic conditions, your mental state is arguably as important as the treatment.  

And continence is a chronic condition for most of us. So I believe that what Eddie is saying will work for a lot of people. 

I myself have not engaged in most of his prescription - I don't meditate or write out affirmations or visualize, or at least, not yet. I didn't set out to "untrain", per se, I just set out to wear diapers, everywhere, all the time. If a growing physical dependence on them is a side effect of that, so be it. I would say that my deciding to purge all of my underwear that doesn't fall into the category of a "diaper" in some way was a bit of an affirmation, as was my decision to "come out" to my wife about my uncommon underwear preferences. Buying hundreds of diapers may also fall into that category; I suspect that if I decided to reverse course, my wife would be pretty fired up about the inventory - she'd probably make me wear them anyway, just like when a parent catches a kid smoking, and makes them smoke the whole pack. But I'm engaging in a bit of fantasy here, and also, digressing badly. 

Eddie's words below, in particular, ring true to me. This is something that I find myself doing on a daily basis, even if I never set out to deliberately do so. I am thankful that I get to wear diapers. I have that thought at least a couple of times a day. I still feel like I need to pinch myself sometimes, when I find myself reading in bed, wearing just a big plastic diaper, and the dresser beside me houses a drawer full of diapers, and on the other side of the bed is my wife, crocheting something, and we're talking about what the plans are for the weekend, or whatever, and then I get up and crunch-crunch-crunch walk over and refill the dog's bowl, and it's all par for the course. Or, I've been staring down some daunting task, either for work, or around the house, and then I have this thought: "At least you get to do it in a diaper - be thankful."

Fortunately, we haven't had to quarantine for a Covid diagnosis yet, but if I ever have to self-isolate, again, my thought is, there could be worse things then spending 10 or 14 days in my office with a case of diapers, a few t-shirts, my beer, my guitar, Netflix, and all of my friends here. 

11 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

The next part is gratitude if you are not thankful for what you are achieving then how can you expect to get what you want.  Everywhere you go no matter how small say to yourself Thank you or I am grateful.  If you pee in your diaper say I am grateful Or thank you for the diaper that I am able to release in.  

From what I have been told the main key is you have to be 100% committed. You can work for six months at loosing control, and you decide to hold it in one time you think you might leak in public and it's back to day zero.

I don't really want to fully loose control myself, so I can't say for sure, but from what I've read here the commitment is key.

5 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

From what I have been told the main key is you have to be 100% committed. You can work for six months at loosing control, and you decide to hold it in one time you think you might leak in public and it's back to day zero.

I don't really want to fully loose control myself, so I can't say for sure, but from what I've read here the commitment is key.

I'm not so sure it's as hard as people think Mikey!????????❤️☺️????❤️??

2 hours ago, Veg said:

So, would a good process be possibly having a daily journal where one could write affirmations regarding their untraining and future incontinence?

As well as maybe daily affirming hypnosis files to meditate to?

I try and listen to an hour and a half worth of files (the same ones) while Im awake and another file when I go to sleep.

I will adnit I saw an improvment in my trainjng when I finally told friends and family that I'd be wearing protection due to incontinence, as well as finding it easier to void if im struggling when I tell myself "you can't hold it, you're incontinent, you have no control"

Yes though writing them in present tense.

Also when you are listening to the files.  Try doing it as you lay down to sleep with headset on.  For the first 21 - 30 days you are reprogramming your subconscious mind and a headset helps deepen that effect.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@BabySpiderBoy

Norms are exactly what this is about. When we were kids, it was acceptable and it was also necessary that we were diapers. To not wear diapers indicates or will result in us making a mess on the floor, in a chair, or anywhere that we sit or move. This is still acceptable up until age 2, 3, 4, or maybe even five. Of course, there may be children that are older than this that may still be wearing diapers.

it is also socially acceptable for those who are disabled or very sick to wear diapers. No one is going to question a person that is in a wheelchair, or has some sort of disabling condition that requires them to wear diapers because they have no control or the “plumbing is broken downstairs“ for these types of individuals, diapers are a way of life, and probably have been since they were born. My brother Richard falls in this category, because he was severely disabled, and of course when you are nonverbal, you are unable to tell someone when you have to go to the bathroom, and and because of this, and because of the severity of his disability, diapers were used.

I understand that people are brought up to think and believe that loss of bladder control or bowel control is “embarrassing“. They also may believe and are brought up to believe that if you’re not going to use the toilet to release, and that you release in your pants, that this is an act of a “baby“. The reason why they think this is because babies do not have control, and they release whenever they want wherever they want.  of course it would be socially “unacceptable“ for someone who is not in continent to just mess themselves or P themselves all over the place. This does happen, because we have individuals who are drunk, and when they’re drunk they lose the ability to think clearly or to be able to function as normal. Plenty of drunk people have done this in their lives, and I’ve seen it myself. Norms are very strong things, and in order for something to become acceptable to most of the people in the world, Times change to allow it.

back in The early days (pre 1950s - 1980s). There may have been people that felt like “diaper lovers, adult babies, adult kids, etc.“. In this era, this had to be hidden from everyone, lest someone find out about it, and then what you end up with is somebody thinking that you are a “danger to somebody else“ because your thoughts aren’t “normal“ so they may “send you somewhere“ to be “rehabilitated“. Why was this done?: Reason: it was to correct “deviant behavior“ under the auspice is of what was acceptable back in that era. They probably were people in our community that felt that way way before it was more acceptable. The only problem is, you had to keep that under the hood because people find out and they send you away.

Even today, it might be considered “taboo” to feel the way we do, act way we act, do what we do, and believe what we believe. Thank God for us, that there are psychological people and psychiatric people who share the feeling that being an adult baby diaper lover, or adult kid, etc. does happen, is more acceptable, and has scientific psychiatric and psychological reasoning for occurring. These type of people will validate that this does exist, and there is a reason for why we do it.  I am not a professional in these areas, but I can tell you from psychology standpoint that if something happens, and we are able to deal with it, in a way that makes us feel good, there is less of a chance that we will cause issues for others. Now, as for the diapers and all of that:

there are reasons for what we do, what we say, how we act, what we believe. They have always been there, as well as the ability for us to still feel the way we feel. I am almost 50 years old. My first experience with diapers that was not as a baby was it eight years old. The diaper felt good then, at eight years old, even though it was something that was “not discussed“, and 49 years later, diaper still feel good. The only difference Is that I am over 18, I am an adult, and I can choose whether I wear or not whether I use or not or whether I like them or not. In my case, my decision is based on incontinence, as well as the feelings that diapers Eliicit in my case.

I bet you everyone of us has lost bladder control at least once, and even more than once in our lives. We have also lost  bowel control.  We have done that many times. How about the times that you didn’t make it to the bathroom in time, and you wet yourself? What about the times that you are playing with your brothers sisters cousins etc., and they tickle you – once you are tickled you are overwhelmed with the feelings of laughter, as well as the stimulation, and eventually you’ll P your self or mess yourself. If someone tickles you and you wet yourself, no one is going to sit there and laugh at you because you did this. The reason is because people expect that if you get tickled, you may what yourself or you may make a mess.

OK, so the only thing left here is that people believe the diapers are “for babies and The disabled. In reality, we all know that this is not exactly true. You might not have a physical reason to wear diapers, because you may have psychological or other reasons such as emotional for wearing them. I believe that these are reasons for wearing diapers, and they are acceptable reasons for doing it. Let’s put it this way:  if you have a person that you know of that is so “broken“ because they are terrorized, or have extreme nightmares, anxiety, and all of these medical diagnoses, and let’s say this person had a good childhood, or remember something that makes them feel comfortable, relaxed, stable, Enable to function at this level without feeling the guilt, shame, and the trauma. This would be a great opportunity to help someone to relive their childhood, and allow them to do it all the way. What would you need to do this?: This is easy what do you do with the baby when you have a baby you bring it home and you raise it? You bring home all of the equipment that is needed: this includes diapers: yes: You will use them, and a lot of them, possibly over 7000 of them in the lifetime of a baby in diapers. If there is a person who feels better as a young child, or a small baby, or maybe two years old, and they feel safe and secure, then this is what you would do to help someone. You put a diaper on them, and you treat them as a young child, And you let them run and see how they work, and how they deal with it. The reason you do this is because their adult life is so screwed up they don’t know whether they’re coming going or why they’re doing it.

Norms of the one thing that needs to change: I understand that people do not find it reasonable that people would Pee and poop all over the floor, or on furniture or whatever, based on their age.  However, there are reasons why people are the way they are, and why we do have people who are adult babies, diaper lovers, adult kids, etc. This was not something that happens overnight, and it’s no Secret that this is been going on for years. The difference here is that in the old days, this would be frowned upon, shunned, and someone would be sent away for a long time. Today, there are people that understand what this is, acknowledge that it exists. And try to help people to understand what is going on.  There is nothing wrong with this practice: the only thing that I keep saying is that as long as you are consenting adults, there is no problem here. Children have nothing to do with being an adult kid, an adult baby, a diaper lover, or whatever. There may be teenagers that feel that way, or kids that like diapers, but this is an adult fetish – and that’s the way it is.

So I say: diapers have their reasoning for being here, and they’re used in ways that help people. If you can use a diaper to help a baby, and you can use a diaper for somebody who does not have control, then someone who is hurt somehow psychologically physically or emotionally can do the same thing. Norms are not things that are set in stone, and they change with time. I remember a time when being gay lesbian or other genders was not even thought of, or discussed in open. Nowadays, this is discussed very freely, and it is more acceptable for those that are not “straight”, and as such identify that way.

so: there is nothing wrong with losing control of your bowels or your bladder. There’s also nothing wrong with wearing diapers, using them, liking them, or using them if you are disabled, and unable to get to the bathroom on time. Other people use them for their own reasons, and there are many of those. Norms however, need to understand the times do change, and as I see it, “Preconceive notion’s” about what we thought about the use of diapers back when I was a kid have changed, but The stigma is still around: people don’t see that a person that is wearing a diaper maybe wearing it for medical reasons that don’t include loss of control. There are people that wear them all the time, and because of that, people that need to wear them do, but because of the stigma that is brought along with it, you can tell a difference:  if you are a baby a toddler or a child, they call them “diapers“ if you are elderly disabled or an adult they called him “briefs”. This is because there is a certain belief that there is embarrassment if someone refers to a brief as a diaper. I understand this, but regardless of what they are called, they are still used by more people than people realize, and as such, people have to understand that it is not just for those who have no control: there are a lot more. As evidenced by the number of us here, as well as those around the world.

acceptance is what we should be going for here: many people do accept it, but how many people actually “understand it“ I do, and that is because I am here on DD, and I understand that there are many people who wear use like and depend on diapers. One day, I pray that wearing diapers is as acceptable as a person who identifies as a different gender, Or is gay lesbian or otherwise.

My friends would tell me “it is what it is” and that’s exactly what we should all remember: everyone has their reasons, and even if we don’t agree with those reasons, we should be ready to accept them.  It may take time, but I hope that eventually that does happen, because the world would be a better place if everyone would just take it and let it happen.

Brian

@~Brian~  Thank you for your long thoughts.

1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

Interesting post, @DiaperboyEddie12; I think that you are probably writing the correct prescription for a lot of people. As you noted, potty training is very firmly rooted in most of us, and outside of some physiological disconnection between the mind and the body, such as with an injury or disease process, it will not be easy to let go of control entirely. However, the mind is very powerful; the literature covering psychology/psychiatry has within it numerous examples of people who have gone blind, or experienced apparent paralysis, or the loss of use of a limb, or an absence of sensation - physical symptoms that are due to processes that are believed to be entirely psychological. The term for this is psychosomatic, and some people read that as being a dismissal, when in fact it is the opposite. The existence of acknowledged psychosomatic conditions is an affirmation of the power of the mind over the body. The "placebo effect" exists in a similar linguistic quagmire; people associate "placebo" with meaning "fake", you got the sugar pill, it's all in your head. But people who get the sugar pill often exhibit measurable improvements, again affirming the power of the mind. There have even been experiments with placebo surgeries, where some people had, for example, arthroscopic knee surgery, while others, in a blind study, had their knee cut open in an OR but nothing else was done, and then they compared results, and, at least in the case of a couple of conditions, people who had the corrective repair, and people who did not, had about the same outcomes. Obviously that doesn't apply if your femur is broken, but, for chronic conditions, your mental state is arguably as important as the treatment.  

And continence is a chronic condition for most of us. So I believe that what Eddie is saying will work for a lot of people. 

I myself have not engaged in most of his prescription - I don't meditate or write out affirmations or visualize, or at least, not yet. I didn't set out to "untrain", per se, I just set out to wear diapers, everywhere, all the time. If a growing physical dependence on them is a side effect of that, so be it. I would say that my deciding to purge all of my underwear that doesn't fall into the category of a "diaper" in some way was a bit of an affirmation, as was my decision to "come out" to my wife about my uncommon underwear preferences. Buying hundreds of diapers may also fall into that category; I suspect that if I decided to reverse course, my wife would be pretty fired up about the inventory - she'd probably make me wear them anyway, just like when a parent catches a kid smoking, and makes them smoke the whole pack. But I'm engaging in a bit of fantasy here, and also, digressing badly. 

Eddie's words below, in particular, ring true to me. This is something that I find myself doing on a daily basis, even if I never set out to deliberately do so. I am thankful that I get to wear diapers. I have that thought at least a couple of times a day. I still feel like I need to pinch myself sometimes, when I find myself reading in bed, wearing just a big plastic diaper, and the dresser beside me houses a drawer full of diapers, and on the other side of the bed is my wife, crocheting something, and we're talking about what the plans are for the weekend, or whatever, and then I get up and crunch-crunch-crunch walk over and refill the dog's bowl, and it's all par for the course. Or, I've been staring down some daunting task, either for work, or around the house, and then I have this thought: "At least you get to do it in a diaper - be thankful."

Fortunately, we haven't had to quarantine for a Covid diagnosis yet, but if I ever have to self-isolate, again, my thought is, there could be worse things then spending 10 or 14 days in my office with a case of diapers, a few t-shirts, my beer, my guitar, Netflix, and all of my friends here. 

@Little Sherri Thank you for what you have said.

1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

@DailyDi I agree with you on this though if like you said you are 100% committed and you believe in yourself and that is what you want.  You will not care if others see you in a diaper nor will you care if it leaks as one knows leaks happens.  It is a simple thing just believe in oneself and move forward. 

And yes I also agree if one has to stop and start over then that is what will happen.  This does not work over night.  Though to a point.  We manifest every second of hour life.  So until we learn to do it on a whim then we will keep doing as we have always done.  And that is go with the flow.  

Instead we need to design our life the way we wish to do so.

• Like 2

@DiaperboyEddie12

I didn’t set out to untrain.  I set out to wear nappies (diapers) all the time.  Permanently.

Pretty soon however it became obvious to anybody reading my chronicle that in doing this, I was setting a course to sail away from my own continence.  Eventually I caught up with this news myself.

After much reflection, I believe a large part of me would prefer some degree of clinical incontinence arise.  I’ve mentioned it before but it’s not really been a hard core commitment.  Just something that “might” happen.  My thinking is that such incontinence would help “legitimise” my preferential use of nappies and this clinical necessity might take the edge of my spouse’s displeasure and also ameliorate the social sanction upon the almost inevitable event of disclosure.   This is a burdensome secret plan: my beloved knows naught of this and when I first “transitioned” I (mistakenly) reassured her that becoming incontinent was highly unlikely. 

So far, instead of incontinence, all I’ve tangibly got is its diminutive clown-cousin: bedwetting.  All of the pee but with a side salad of derision instead of tolerance.

As for the “regret it later”, put on a diaper.  You won’t be incontinent by next Tuesday.  You’ll have a LONG time to get used to this with loads of opportunity to pull out before regret arrives to the party.

I don’t go much for affirmations and visualisations.  I’m just a passenger in my own driverless-soap-box racer describing the scenery.  I'm looking at what's going past me though, not what I'm racing towards.  Standby for the crash ?