LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Who you gonna call?

DailyDi

5 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Nah!  Last movie I saw in the theater was the last Star Wars movie, and only because it was at an old theater that charges $2 a ticket.  No movies out in recent years that I care to see.

That was also the last movie I saw in theater, Those were the days, so carefree, everything would be alright. Saw an exploding shooting star that night waiting for the bus home from the theater.

6 hours ago, DprDJeff said:

Unfortunately, all the theaters within 30 miles of me are still closed. I'm still trying to avoid Eternals spoilers. :(

Wow, they have all reopened here.

12 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

I’d like to see it, but I can wait till it comes to the Home Screen. 

I do that for a lot of movies, but some films still benefit from the big screen, surround sound experience, and I think this is one!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DailyDi said:

I do that for a lot of movies, but some films still benefit from the big screen, surround sound experience, and I think this is one!

I have a 4k TV, and 9.2 Dolby setup. My home is nicer than most theaters, and the pause button works when we need more popcorn. Plus having dogs helps with ambience. ;)

2 minutes ago, WetDad said:

I have a 4k TV, and 9.2 Dolby setup. My home is nicer than most theaters, and the pause button works when we need more popcorn. Plus having dogs helps with ambience. ;)

I've got the tv, but not the sound system. There's a new theater here that it showing it in D-box (vibrating seats) might see it there

The last movie I saw was the new Mortal Kombat. It was better than I expected and left some ideas for the next one. Of course, there is quite a bit more lore to work with. 

The theater experience was way different than I remember.  Recliners, upgraded snacks…. My friend wants to go to another, but I don’t remember what he’s wanting to see. I’m still more likely to stay in and play my games. (Current feature: Forza Horizon 5)

I admit that going to the theater was always something that was exciting. I’ve lived in my hometown for 46 years. Since I moved out on my own in 1995, the theater is only a couple blocks down the street. I’ve gone in and seen several movies, and some of them were with my brothers, while others were with friends or with other family members. Every once in a while, I love to go to the theater, because then you get to see everything in all of its ambience. The problem being, now that Covid has hit the streets, and we are dealing with the Delta variant, there has been many businesses that are closed, including the theaters.

most of the movies that I like, I have in either Blu-ray or DVD format. This way, I can see them in the comfort of my own living room, with my own sound system, and if I want to deal with popcorn, I can get some of that as well. I have to admit however, that as long as Covid continues to rage all over the United States, I don’t think that we will see very many things continue to stay open as they have. Movies have always been some thing that I enjoy, but as Rusty says, there are just so many movies out there, and there are a lot of them that I like, but most of the new ones that come out, don’t interest me. Consistently, movie prices have gone up so that you end up paying pretty close to $21 a movie, and that includes maybe a drink or some popcorn, or maybe some candy.

just as a movie theater is a business, they probably are losing money also. I’m not sure how much money they would lose because of this, but I know that they have made changes to the way movies are released. Far as I can tell, HBO has been taking most of that, and I’m not sure if Cinemax has reciprocated in showing some of those movies as well, but then you have the series that you watch coming out on Paramount+ Or maybe peacock. Now that they have all of these electronic media, and they have streaming services, I believe that takes a bite out of the movie theaters revenue stream, but I still occasionally like to see certain movies in the theater. I guess I’m just old school, and I like my certain movies. One of the first movies that I ever saw was Star Wars in the theater, and I was six years old.

however, in order for me to be interested in an upcoming movie, they would have to make it something that I would really enjoy wanting to see. There are so many things that they change over the years. I’m sure Rusty would understand me when I say: let’s take music for example there are a lot of good bands and bad bands from the 60s 70s and 80s, and I’ll even go into the 50s. I grew up in the 70s and 80s and 90s, and each one of those errors had good bands and bad bands, and good music and bad music. Most of these new Artists that are recording now, for some reason they just don’t resonate with me. I guess it’s just because I’m not used to some of the type of music they have now, but I still like older style music, and sometimes, listening to some of this type of music brings me back to days when I was about seven or eight years old, or when we used to listen to something like Charlie pride or Charlie Daniels or something like that.

also, there are some movies that they try to “remake“, and then when they do that, they are a rare occasions when the remake is a success. There are other times however, where the remake is a disaster, and has nothing to do with the original, or has anything to do with the original premise. These type of movies probably should not have been remade, and I will use two examples when we talk about remade movies. The first example: Star Trek:  I realize that what we are used to seeing over the years has been something that was built around 1966 to 68 era TV. Kirk was Kirk, Spock was Spock, Scotty with Scotty.  You get used to these actors, playing the roles they did, and as they change you except that. You end up with the next generation of Star Trek with Captain Picard, And you get used to that, and Commander Riker, and Geordi and data - I can’t even deal with changes in generation. That is not too much of a problem for me. However, when you end up having JJ Abrams take over a franchise like Star Trek, and he will spin things around, and change the timeline, I might be able to deal with that, but to me it is not the same thing as what we grew up with, even though times change and things have to change along with it.

I can deal with changing generation, and I can deal with the change in time, because there were several light years or more between generations. Times change, technology change, and there’s a lot of different things that change. However: when JJ Abrams decided to redo the entire Star Trek franchise on a reboot, he decided that Vulcan was to be the one planet that was destroyed, And of course there were different characters that were younger, played by different actors. However, it just seems like anything JJ Abrams makes doesn’t “cut the mustard” is anything that Gene Roddenberry or any of his Crew would’ve made. To me JJ Abrams has changed the entire dynamic of the series because of the fact that he can. This takes away from what people expect when they look for a good “remake”. Gene Roddenberry started this whole thing, and we have gone where no one has gone before, and have gone through the five-year missions of the enterprise. When you take into account the things that have changed between 1966 and present day, you can’t except that we must somehow “bridge the gap“.

however, I don’t care how much JJ Abrams changes Roddenberry Star Trek: it is not the same, nor will it ever be the same as what Mr. Roddenberry started in 1966, and continued through his sons or other family members.  @spoonchicken Will probably agree with me, that they have “overdone” All of the series that have Spawned from the Star Trek franchise. Some of them aren’t that good, and I hope that they will try to make them better: however, I don’t know if anyone can make Star Trek better than Gene Roddenberry:  JJ Abrams took over from Roddenberry, and he also took the Star Wars franchise from LucasArts: I don’t know how you can make something better than LucasArts a Roddenberry, and that is just my opinion. When you have a good franchise, do you want to try to make it better, but in their zeal to make it better, I think they take away some of the features that make it special. If you continue to mix up the timelines, and try to add More and more cooks to the soup, the soup starts to stink and not smell very good, and it probably won’t taste good either. This is just my opinion, because I have watched every single Star Trek movie since Star Trek the motion picture, and watched every series to date. Give me good old Star Wars and good old Star Trek any day: anything JJ does doesn’t seem to be the same, or at the same level of love.

some movies are just better left “On modified“ an un rebooted.  I don’t know how you can make a classic such a Star Wars or Star Trek be better than they were, however Roddenberry has outdone himself and continue to do so until his death. People may continue or try to continue his legacy, but that will never hold a candle to the original Roddenberry classics.

I don’t know how you can make a classic such as Star Wars or Star Trek be better than they were, however Roddenberry has outdone himself and continue to do so until his death. People may continue or try to continue his legacy, but that will never hold a candle to the original Roddenberry classics.

Brian

Last movie I saw in a theater was "Godzilla 2000" in the year 2000...Yes; that's how long it's been :o At least, I honestly can't remember anything more recent.

It was expensive...$20 for gas, I forget how much the ticket was, $20 for parking, $20 for popcorn, soda, and candy. And it was awesome ! :thumbsup::D

Godzilla himself never looked better than the exact version in that movie , and to see the Big G on a big screen ?!? awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus the movie itself was fun. Sometimes we go back and watch the classic films from the 60's & 70;s, and...they can sometimes be a bit hard to watch these days.

But NOT G-2000 ! It's one of the best ones they ever made. :thumbsup:

Saw Dune in the theater. That and Shang Chi are the only two that I've seen since the pandemic started. I'm definitely interested in Ghostbusters and the upcoming Matrix movie. The matrix most of all as it is my favorite movie series.

• Like 1

Well, Mom and I enjoyed the movie. Glad we saw it in a theater, the effects and sound definitely made it worth the admission price. Especially since we have a $5 anytime theater with surprising good sound/picture.

Previews were mostly for horror movies, which don't interest me, so will probably be months before I hit the cinema again.

• Like 1

Was it anything like the first remake with female ghost busters? The trailer actually looks like it might be a good movie. The last time I was in a movie theatre was....shit, the Krampus movie? or the last Pirates of the Carribean? or the last Hobbit movie? It was one of those three. ?

10 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Was it anything like the first remake with female ghost busters? The trailer actually looks like it might be a good movie. The last time I was in a movie theatre was....shit, the Krampus movie? or the last Pirates of the Carribean? or the last Hobbit movie? It was one of those three. ?

No, the female reboot tried too hard to be funny. This was more action and better tribute to the originals.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

No, the female reboot tried too hard to be funny. This was more action and better tribute to the originals.

Ah then I might go see it. The female one was ?‍♀️. I laughed a lot though- at it, not with it. But this one sounds much better! Maybe they learned their lesson after the first round.

28 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Ah then I might go see it. The female one was ?‍♀️. I laughed a lot though- at it, not with it. But this one sounds much better! Maybe they learned their lesson after the first round.

Yeah, the reboot doesn't exist in this world, it covers the original NY monsters and what happened after.

On 11/19/2021 at 12:03 PM, ~Brian~ said:

however, I don’t care how much JJ Abrams changes Roddenberry Star Trek: it is not the same, nor will it ever be the same as what Mr. Roddenberry started in 1966, and continued through his sons or other family members.
I don’t know how you can make a classic such as Star Wars or Star Trek be better than they were, however Roddenberry has outdone himself and continue to do so until his death. People may continue or try to continue his legacy, but that will never hold a candle to the original Roddenberry classics.

Brian

Well, fear not, the JJ Abrams "Kelvin Universe" variation ....

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/715/142/f6c.jpg

Have you watched the Discovery or Picard series?  Discovery starts out between ST: Enterprise, and ST: TOS.   Picard is 20 years after ST: Nemesis (much like it has been in real life since Nemesis was 2002!). 

For humor, there's Star Trek Lower Decks.  Done by the same guy that does Rick & Morty (meaning it's animated).  It's also in the time frame following ST: Nemesis, but just after.  Currently in production on season 2.

On 11/20/2021 at 12:00 PM, Crinklz Kat said:

Well, fear not, the JJ Abrams "Kelvin Universe" variation ....

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/715/142/f6c.jpg

Have you watched the Discovery or Picard series?  Discovery starts out between ST: Enterprise, and ST: TOS.   Picard is 20 years after ST: Nemesis (much like it has been in real life since Nemesis was 2002!). 

For humor, there's Star Trek Lower Decks.  Done by the same guy that does Rick & Morty (meaning it's animated).  It's also in the time frame following ST: Nemesis, but just after.  Currently in production on season 2.

Each trek series has been good regardless on who wrote it, Still If I had to choose 1 as my favorite I'd honestly say Voyager, then the OS which is why I liked Voyager as it was a more up-to-date version of the OS. I didn't however care for Enterprise.

As to the OP, YES! Mind I know its been in the works for awhile now, but to find out that they actually finished it is great, The Original 2 have always been among my favorite "Halloween" movies, I will miss Ramis "Egon" but I'm sure he'd be proud that his friends made this final one as they originally planned and I look forward to seeing it, though since I'm a gamer I will likely wait until I can buy or stream it.