LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

It seems I am half way there!

I been wanting to wear fulltime for a long time now.  Though not there yet.  As for no money for the cost of it.  Plus I really do not want to deal with my stepdad.  LONG story for those wondering.

Well I am half way there.  Each day I leave the house.   I am now diapered for like 8 to 10 hours per day.  So I am almost half way there.  Soon though I will be there.  And then I will start my own thread.  Just like @oznl @Little Sherri @Enthusi @Kif @Beccathelittle @BabyJilly_S @Stroller have done.  There are a few others I just cant remember.

Plus the support of @~Brian~ who helps me with other details with wearing diapers and what supplies to buy and such and how to store them.

it seems I missed a few folks.

@BabySpiderBoy @Young1  I’m sorry I forgot to mention you to here.  You have been google friends to me.  Thank you 

• Like 4

We are all pulling for you, @DiaperboyEddie12. If this is your dream than I hope it becomes a reality! Cloth diapers can help with keeping the costs down, although there are obvious downsides to them as well, chiefly the laundry aspect, and, the bulk of them. I have a few but I rarely indulge. But my experience and that of @oznl both suggest that if you are able to get your hands on a premium product, you will be able to keep your consumption of them down to a couple a day, most of the time. That helps with controlling costs. I would say that wearing diapers costs me about $6 - $7 CAD on the average day. I'd gladly give up take-out coffee if that's what it took to keep me on the 24/7 path. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

We are all pulling for you, @DiaperboyEddie12. If this is your dream than I hope it becomes a reality! Cloth diapers can help with keeping the costs down, although there are obvious downsides to them as well, chiefly the laundry aspect, and, the bulk of them. I have a few but I rarely indulge. But my experience and that of @oznl both suggest that if you are able to get your hands on a premium product, you will be able to keep your consumption of them down to a couple a day, most of the time. That helps with controlling costs. I would say that wearing diapers costs me about $6 - $7 CAD on the average day. I'd gladly give up take-out coffee if that's what it took to keep me on the 24/7 path. 

@Little Sherri Thank you for your kind words!  I am not there yet but yes one day it will happen!  Today I have already worn 2 diapers  As each time I keep putting on on I start to pee.  hehe I now it has to do with the support of knowing I am wearing a diaper.  As I am typing this message.  I am not wearing one and I can hold my urine just fine!  And when I am asleep I can hold it just fine. I am sure that when the time comes I will be peeing a lot more but in smaller amounts!

• Like 1

Just to reinforce something that @Little Sherri said there @DiaperboyEddie12, low cost nappies are a false economy (in MY market at least).  For me, this isn't opinion, this is calculable fact.

I've found that a diet of TWO high capacity nappies per day is the lowest cost solution and, in further evidence to the economic similarities between Australia and Canada, costs me typically AUD$ 6 per day (that's about CAD$ 6 or US$ 4.50).

Sherri has a slightly higher cost envelope because, with his decadent job that actually pays MONEY, he can indulge in more expensive products.

Cloth is great but the up-front capital cost is high, there is a load of maintenance and there's no odour control: that probably won't tick some boxes for you.  They are also much harder to deal with if they are dirty instead of just wet.

YMMV however as I recall you were dealing with messing issues: that being the case, that might disrupt a 2-diaper-per-day plan with scheduled changing because as they say, sh1t happens...

41 minutes ago, oznl said:

Just to reinforce something that @Little Sherri said there @DiaperboyEddie12, low cost nappies are a false economy (in MY market at least).  For me, this isn't opinion, this is calculable fact.

This is true if you are able to use premium diapers to capacity.  The problem gets to be when you have a higher end diaper like a Megamax and the timing doesn’t work out in your favor. Say you are 60 percent wet, 40 percent remaining capacity.  What if it’s an hour before bedtime?  I would not expect a half-used Megamax to last the night.  So after an hour you’ll have to change.  

For this reason, I try to keep a mix of diapers on hand.  That allows you to chose the diaper to meet the situation. Also as they say, variety is the spice of life. 

• Like 1

Fantasic, Eddie! The rest will eventually come, and hopefully soon! ?

I definitely fall more towards Enthusi's solution of having a mix of diapers -- two diapers a day can be done, but I can't imagine it being possible with FI.

Though...I will say that while having a mix is suuuper useful for economy with FI, I've lately found in-practice that if I switch to a thinner diaper (anticipating a BM) a LOT of the time it just doesn't happen anyway and because it's thinner than normal I often forget an end up leaking into my cloth liner.

So, I have kinda just picked a middle-of-the-road solution (4-hour-ish diapers for me, so Seni Quatros) supplemented with cloth covers to contain smell and catch unexpected leaks. If I mess a diaper a few hours in, it's no big loss. And at night, I can just add a booster and it works fine for the next morning. I still use the "mix", but it's because I have a stash of odds-and-ends I'm trying to clean out.

11 hours ago, Enthusi said:

Say you are 60 percent wet, 40 percent remaining capacity.  What if it’s an hour before bedtime?  I would not expect a half-used Megamax to last the night.  So after an hour you’ll have to change.  

For this reason, I try to keep a mix of diapers on hand.  That allows you to chose the diaper to meet the situation. Also as they say, variety is the spice of life. 

It does take some advance planning, and I'm not dealing with the "FI" end of the spectrum at all - THAT would throw my carefully-choreographed regimen out the window for sure. Once the earth gets scorched, the countdown clock accelerates dramatically. 

I definitely enjoy variety, but I've narrowed my needs down to three products categories, basically - anything beyond that is an indulgence.  

Category 1: medium-weight ABDL diapers, white or printed, that fit well under clothes for daytime wear. Examples are the Rearz Lil' Monsters or InControl Essentials. These will last me about 8 - 10 hours, typically. 

Category 2: heavy-duty ABDL diapers such as the Megamax or Rearz Barnyards or InControl Elites. These I can wear to bed or around the house, and would wear for forays away from the house, but only when they're well below their maximum capacity. I don't wet a lot overnight so one of these can often take me from, say, 10 PM, to 2 PM the next day, if I don't have to appear in public and can spend the last few hours waddling around.

Category 3: light-duty cloth-backed "medical grade" diapers, which I use for going to the gym, or, when I need a stop-gap diaper because I'm going to shower in a bit (say, after cutting the lawn on a hot day), so putting on another half-day product would be a waste. 

Using this system, I can get by wearing 2 diapers a day, say 5 days out of 7. Wrenches get thrown into the system when I am, for example, heading out to a social event on a Saturday evening, and I don't want to go in a half-used diaper that might become excessively bulky, or, develop a leak. If I'm smart about it, I can get around that by throwing a gym diaper into the mix when my overnight diaper hits the end of the road, bridging the gap until I put a new "good" diaper on just before I leave. But sometimes these things arise spontaneously and I haven't had a chance to plan it out.

Another confound can be an unexpected product failure a few hours before I had planned for it - these things happen sometimes, even with the best products. I can get around that by throwing on plastic pants, sometimes, but if I need to run out for something, I might have to change first. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

Category 1: medium-weight ABDL diapers, white or printed, that fit well under clothes for daytime wear. Examples are the Rearz Lil' Monsters or InControl Essentials. These will last me about 8 - 10 hours, typically. 

Category 2: heavy-duty ABDL diapers such as the Megamax or Rearz Barnyards or InControl Elites. These I can wear to bed or around the house, and would wear for forays away from the house, but only when they're well below their maximum capacity. I don't wet a lot overnight so one of these can often take me from, say, 10 PM, to 2 PM the next day, if I don't have to appear in public and can spend the last few hours waddling around.

Category 3: light-duty cloth-backed "medical grade" diapers, which I use for going to the gym, or, when I need a stop-gap diaper because I'm going to shower in a bit (say, after cutting the lawn on a hot day), so putting on another half-day product would be a waste. 

Using this system, I can get by wearing 2 diapers a day, say 5 days out of 7. Wrenches get thrown into the system when I am, for example, heading out to a social event on a Saturday evening, and I don't want to go in a half-used diaper that might become excessively bulky, or, develop a leak. If I'm smart about it, I can get around that by throwing a gym diaper into the mix when my overnight diaper hits the end of the road, bridging the gap until I put a new "good" diaper on just before I leave. But sometimes these things arise spontaneously and I haven't had a chance to plan it out.

I have this kind of range more or less too, although more of a spectrum ranging from the cheapest (and therefore lowest capacity) to the most expensive. I'm getting better at predicting how wet I will be by a certain time, and the best nappy to choose, although #2s can be unpredictable sometimes. Sometimes if I think that a #2 is likely, I'll use shorter term choices instead things are more predictable as I really dislike using the potty and wasting a higher capacity nappy before its shift is over.

• Like 1

Thank you @Enthusi @Little Sherri @sparklezBear @Kif @oznl

for your kind thoughts and kind words.  When the time comes for me to go 24/7 I probably will just use one brand like megamax diapers I’m not a fan of thinner diapers as when I make a mess I really mess it bad. 

and plus when I buy from northshorecare I use @DailyDi’s affiliate link to get them to help him out.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

and plus when I buy from northshorecare I use @DailyDi’s affiliate link to get them to help him out.

Explain to me how this works, @DiaperboyEddie12 &/or @DailyDi - I have bought diapers based on things I read here a few times now. Northshore's Megamax & InControl's Active Air are recent examples. But I just went through their respective local supplier's websites. How would I purchase them so that credit goes to DD?

29 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

Explain to me how this works, @DiaperboyEddie12 &/or @DailyDi - I have bought diapers based on things I read here a few times now. Northshore's Megamax & InControl's Active Air are recent examples. But I just went through their respective local supplier's websites. How would I purchase them so that credit goes to DD?

@Little Sherri it is simple when your ready to buy more diapers you find a comment or post from DailyDi under his comment in his signature there is a graphic of northshorecare click it then after you purchase whagg TV you want DailyDi gets a small commission for you doing so.  I think every time I buy a case from his link he gets like $10 so every little bit helps.

52 minutes ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

@Little Sherri it is simple when your ready to buy more diapers you find a comment or post from DailyDi under his comment in his signature there is a graphic of northshorecare click it then after you purchase whagg TV you want DailyDi gets a small commission for you doing so.  I think every time I buy a case from his link he gets like $10 so every little bit helps.

Yep! All you do is use my link to go to Northshore and we automatically earn a referral fee on what you buy. Costs you nothing, adds a few more bucks to our goals.

• 2 weeks later...