LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Saw an add for HDIS today. First one I have seen in years. How many of us explored diapers through their sample packs where you could get one of each diaper they carried for $10

The only downside was 10 years of unsolicited mail and catalogs from them after they got your info lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

What I mainly remember is all of their pictures had that same older woman front and center.  They obviously wanted her to be the face of the organization.  

I always thought it would be ironic if that woman was completely continent and didn't have to wear any of their products at all.......

DOMTAR hqs killed HDIS.   It's a complete waste of time attempting to deal with them.   "Free Shipping" but an $8 handling fee on anything.   Not very good selection.   Gone are the nicely prepared sample packs.   Their catalog is a farking joke.    There's not a single incontinence-related thing in it.   It's full of trash stuff "As seen on TV".

When Attends were good, I used to get them there. Unfortunately nothing good lasts forever.  When HDIS was online in those yearly years, there wasn’t much competition for them and certainly not the variety of premium adult diapers like we have today. I don’t think that they kept up with what people wanted and now look at them...nuff said!

HDIS was where I first got Molicare.  What I didnt like about them was their presumption about sizing - I had to fudge the hip/waist #s to ensure I got anything in large, not medium.   First order was the sample pack - much of which was garbage grade even for the late 90s, but got sent everything in medium, which was for the most part too damn small on me already. 

WOW!! HDIS is still in business..!!!??!! ?  so many places have gone under,I find it amazing the number that have survived.....

I prolly used then now and again....don't really remember....but it was always an option, if I needed something.

Sad to hear though that they are a shadow of what they once were...?

12 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Saw an add for HDIS today. First one I have seen in years. How many of us explored diapers through their sample packs where you could get one of each diaper they carried for $10

The only downside was 10 years of unsolicited mail and catalogs from them after they got your info lol

HDIS was a great way to sample. My first box had a packing slip but it was a guessing game as all of the diapers were not labeled!

Second order they started putting labels on them. 

HDIS Was one of the first companies that I investigated when I was having problems with incontinence. Most of my research indicates that all companies regardless of who they are and what they sell only deal with cloth backed products and most of them are very very limited in scope and they do not have any absorption quality. Additionally I have found most of these companies like HDIS to be very rude and disrespectful. By that I mean the minute they find out that I am from the state of Vermont they laugh in my face, or make me feel uncomfortable simply because they don’t deal with state Medicaid organizations. I can only imagine what it would be like for someone in my position who does not have the resources to get a plastic backed diapers that I absolutely need. Most of these people have indicated that the law or a standing rule is that people are changed every 1 to 2 hours so they don’t have to sit too long in a wet diaper or pull-up.

However, we know that most nursing homes or facilities do not have the ability to continue to serve people at that level so that everyone is kept up at that level. It still shocks me it is irritating to me that most places don’t believe that plastic back diapers work. They think that it is easier cheaper and more convenient to use the cheapest possible products made. I have personally dealt with having problems with rashes and skin breakdown, So I know what that is like. If someone does not take care of you in the proper way and leaves you in a wet pull-up or diaper, of course you’re going to end up with RASHES, skin breakdown’s and other problems. It does not matter whether you are in a plastic backed diaper or a cloth backed diaper it will happen anyway.

The idea that most of these companies are still in business is a testament to the fact that most of them I’ve had to change the way they operate because Medicare or Medicaid will not cover plastic backed incontinence products. Some people still require these, and that is a fact. In my state alone, I have found that none of our suppose suppliers can actually compete because the reimbursement rate is ridiculously low.

I realize a business must stay in business. That is the way of things. However, the customer should be the focus of anyone running their business. If products are not quality and they’re not given the right product, then that means that there is something wrong with the way things are done. You can blame things like Medicare and Medicaid for some of these issues. Simply because they do not want to cover it most of these online companies won’t even deal with you so you have to afford your own diapers and incontinence supplies.

This does not mean however that plastic backed stuff is unavailable, it just means that they might not carry it or might not have the need to have much of it because they know that insurance won’t cover it that seems to be the major problem. If more businesses would worry about what the customer needs and take care of the customers requests, and these businesses were fairly compensated for all of their work, then that means that there would be more competition and more availability of product. 

in closing, I would like to say that most of the problem is due to the fact that supply is limited and selection is also limited. How many companies actually still make diapers that are plastic backed? Not many, and that is because the insurance companies will not cover them without having to go through a lot of hoops and a lot of political grandstanding efforts. This is what I had to go through when I started my journey in 2019. The problem still remains, that is me as a user has to tell a company with a plastic backed diaper is and I have to actually point them to several sites that are a ABDL related then I hope someone can see the ridiculousness this situation presents.

is the company actually worried about the customers well-being comfort dignity and ability to function, or are they just worried about providing the cheapest lowest end product possible? Until someone can equalize the playing field for everyone and provide a service where we can get what we want when we want it I am afraid that the insurance companies will win every time because they make it so hard for customers to get what they need and what they want. The idea here is you should take care of your customer make sure that you have what they need and not worry about giving them the cheapest possible product a product needs to be high-quality in order to work well for a customer.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Edited to remove "Predictive Text Mistakes"

HDIS didn't used to be that way.   They used to have knowledgeable people and would talk to you about products and send sample packs.   The catalog was ccomprehensive for what was on the market and they were one of the few places you could order from.    Unfortunately, they turned into a medicaid engine and DOMTAR didn't make it any better.   The same company ruined Attends.

• Like 1

i had to stop buying from them because they started putting commercials on main stream tv and my kids were old enough to understand "hey isn't HDIS that company that does the adult diaper commercials" their boxes had giant letters HDIS on every box.. not exactly discreet anymore and yes they destroyed attends

• Like 2
23 hours ago, willnotwill said:

DOMTAR hqs killed HDIS.   It's a complete waste of time attempting to deal with them.   "Free Shipping" but an $8 handling fee on anything.   Not very good selection.   Gone are the nicely prepared sample packs.   Their catalog is a farking joke.    There's not a single incontinence-related thing in it.   It's full of trash stuff "As seen on TV".

The Tranquility ATN's that I'd been using for years started removing material to the point where I could no longer wear the mediums. Then the quality went straight to hell. HDIS had no good replacement; they tried to push cloth-like backed crap. It's like they got rid of anything and everything plastic backed. So I dumped them. They were good for many years, but now totally suck. I found XP medical and ConfiDry 24/7 a few years back. I'm a happy camper now.