LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Home Owners! Lets see those projects

I am currently working on my stair case and ripped out the carpet, and had the stair well painted. Gravity Grey if anyone wonders what the color is. I also plan to sand down the banister rails, and paint them black. I also bought some wood for the backs of the steps to paint them and nail them in place once the step itself is completed.

My only gotcha so far is Home Depot. I brought wood into their store (Sample of my wood floor) and even matched up the sample they had to make sure the stair nose matched the wood, and 2 weeks later I get $450 worth of stair noses and its already on its way back to whomever, and trying LOWES this time! It was $100 more but hopefully its successful!

So let's see what your 2021 Project is!!!!

20210731_123055.jpg

IMG_20210730_163433_578.jpg

IMG_20210730_163433_633.jpg

• Like 1
8 hours ago, feralfreak said:

not doing much until we can afford it, and God knows we need stuff done, a storage room, floor repairs, roof repairs, septic/ plumbing repair, electrical, need carpet, my own bedroom door, its all filed under "oh well"

Is this something you would do on your own or pay someone? If plan on tackling these yourself I am sure a lot of us can give you pointers. I did my whole 2nd level and now moving to the stairs and garage this year and planning to wrap it up with our guest bathroom

I'll never understand why people need to make it so "nice".

I laid new floor many years ago, but didn't bother with trimming around the walls, or in the seams between rooms.
I painted bedroom walls, trimming, roof and floor in same color.
New roof in bathroom remains unpainted.

I see houses for sale with "Needs renovation", but I don't really see anything that needs to be done, other than maybe some paint.
Yes, the kitchen is outdated for todays standard, but its good enough.

1 hour ago, Crinklz Kat said:

New shed going in.  It's going to be 1/2 the size of my garage!   Shed's on order - gonna be another month yet.  This put a pretty big dent on my bank acct... gonna take a while to recover from this.

Thats something I need to learn. How to pour concrete

2 minutes ago, AwakenEvil said:

Thats something I need to learn. How to pour concrete

That's not concrete - compacted stone.   I didn't do it either.... not that I couldn't, just that I'd probably still not be finished with it.  I'm an expert at procrastination! ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Crinklz Kat said:

That's not concrete - compacted stone.   I didn't do it either.... not that I couldn't, just that I'd probably still not be finished with it.  I'm an expert at procrastination! ?

I doubt I could do the stone work either. Never tried yard work like that

1 hour ago, Crinklz Kat said:

New shed going in.  It's going to be 1/2 the size of my garage!   Shed's on order - gonna be another month yet.  This put a pretty big dent on my bank acct... gonna take a while to recover from this.

shedpad.jpg

"Shedding" money I see.....thats a skill unto itself!!!! Lol???. Good luck with the project!

20 hours ago, AwakenEvil said:

Is this something you would do on your own or pay someone? If plan on tackling these yourself I am sure a lot of us can give you pointers. I did my whole 2nd level and now moving to the stairs and garage this year and planning to wrap it up with our guest bathroom

on some things i need help physically, like getting the front door out so i can replace the subfloor, on other things i have to hire someone, but i cant do that right now, no munny!

18 hours ago, DailyDi said:

The whole house needs work, but no funds and a bad back.... things aren't getting updated anytime soon.

i know the feeling on both parts, funds and bad back.

8 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

shedpad.jpg

if that shed was going to be done like you would a new house, id be whimpering like a puppy to get my paws and tools in there, building stuff is play time for me! cant do much of it, but its still fun!

18 hours ago, square_duck said:

"Shedding" money I see.....thats a skill unto itself!!!! Lol???. Good luck with the project!

My cat sheds too and is really good at that.?  But I can't pay the bills with that!   ?

11 hours ago, feralfreak said:

if that shed was going to be done like you would a new house, id be whimpering like a puppy to get my paws and tools in there, building stuff is play time for me! cant do much of it, but its still fun!

1 sq ft bigger and it would have been.  200 sq ft is the max here without full architectural plans, so that's what I'm getting (10x20). 

I’m not the owner, but our house needs quite a bit done. Shingle repair over the bathroom and possibly now the living room, new front porch, new back porch, my dad wants to put a fresh coat of aluminum sealer on the shed, trees need cut down……It’s not a priority, but we have some electrical outlets that need reattached to the walls (they decided nailing boxes to studs was for losers, even though it’s technically against electrical code to not). I’m about 90% sure one light socket needs replaced (the one in the bathroom where the shingles need repaired), there’s a ton of water damage to the ceiling and walls and likely floors (again, because the shingle work). Some of the paneling on the outside of the house needs repaired.

5 hours ago, SoggySoCal said:

Once I’m finished securing funding and material costs return to normal I’ll be building my detached garage. 

EF9EE70A-3FD2-41AD-82E6-A4C1BC9CDF6D.thumb.jpeg.866c7a130604dc5b5568daf4ba3514e3.jpeg

What monstrosity(ies) do you plan to store there?

Were I to come into some money, I want to build my dream garage - in the shape of a locomotive roundhouse!  Need quite a bit more land than what I have now for that though.

4 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

What monstrosity(ies) do you plan to store there?

Were I to come into some money, I want to build my dream garage - in the shape of a locomotive roundhouse!  Need quite a bit more land than what I have now for that though.

The kick out plus a 10x25 portion will be a home gym. The rest will be for toys. I want to put a twin post lift in also. 

9 hours ago, LonesomeLamp said:

I’m not the owner, but our house needs quite a bit done. Shingle repair over the bathroom and possibly now the living room, new front porch, new back porch, my dad wants to put a fresh coat of aluminum sealer on the shed, trees need cut down……It’s not a priority, but we have some electrical outlets that need reattached to the walls (they decided nailing boxes to studs was for losers, even though it’s technically against electrical code to not). I’m about 90% sure one light socket needs replaced (the one in the bathroom where the shingles need repaired), there’s a ton of water damage to the ceiling and walls and likely floors (again, because the shingle work). Some of the paneling on the outside of the house needs repaired.

i would suggest you go with a metal roof instead,its more durable, and can lower your insurance rates

12 hours ago, LonesomeLamp said:

You are in a catch 22 situation!  Repairs on rental property should be the responsibility of the owner.  Not repairs to damage you did yourself by punching a hole in the wall out of anger because you ran out of Rearz diapers, but the regular upkeep of the house.  Roof, shingles, electrical, etc.  Having relatives and friends who are landlords, I've been called in the past to fix things at the rental houses.  I also know that in my state there has to be home inspections of rental property and anything from plumbing, electrical, stairs and rails and even loose siding will be flagged by the inspector and you have only so many days to make those repairs to be able to rent or continue renting that property.  On the other hand, if you complain to the landlord and insist he either make repairs or you will go to the proper authority overseeing rental properties, you might have your lease terminated.  I wouldn't put money into a house I don't own.  You do any repairs whether it's expensive or not, that's your out of pocket money which you will never recoup and you have improved a house you don't own for your landlord.  It's his responsibility, not yours.

7 hours ago, rusty pins said:

You are in a catch 22 situation!  Repairs on rental property should be the responsibility of the owner.  Not repairs to damage you did yourself by punching a hole in the wall out of anger because you ran out of Rearz diapers, but the regular upkeep of the house.  Roof, shingles, electrical, etc.  Having relatives and friends who are landlords, I've been called in the past to fix things at the rental houses.  I also know that in my state there has to be home inspections of rental property and anything from plumbing, electrical, stairs and rails and even loose siding will be flagged by the inspector and you have only so many days to make those repairs to be able to rent or continue renting that property.  On the other hand, if you complain to the landlord and insist he either make repairs or you will go to the proper authority overseeing rental properties, you might have your lease terminated.  I wouldn't put money into a house I don't own.  You do any repairs whether it's expensive or not, that's your out of pocket money which you will never recoup and you have improved a house you don't own for your landlord.  It's his responsibility, not yours.

Heh, you misunderstood. I just meant that don’t own it. My dad does. I could have chosen a better wording lol, oops. When we first moved in, he inspected the entire house and found the issue with the shingles very early on and a few other things. He told the company who was responsible for fixing it. They fixed the more minor things, but not the shingles. He kept complaining and complaining and complaining and the company just never gave a single crap about it. I’m wanting to pay to have someone to come and finally fix it. My dad should be able to sue the original company to recover the cost of repair, according to him. If wood wasn’t so damn expensive, we could build a new front porch and steps. The only thing we can do about the outlets is go to Lowe’s and buy replacement parts. We’ll be out that cost ourselves, but it shouldn’t be a whole lot.

I have a lot of trimming to do outside, but it's so awfully hot and humid.  If I do it early enough then it's ok.  There's been some poison ivy so.......But I need some more plantings done to make it look nicer.  So, I tried calling a couple guys...

I've called and called contractors, but no only a few show up.  Then I am trying to chase down the quote and cannot get that either.  I finally did have some guys fix the stairs to the basement, but I got ripped off.  They did tape the wallboard better than I had done, but the wood trim is different and sticks out compared to where it used to be.  I probably could of done it myself (well tried once all ready).  I think the key was taking the carpeting off.

The basement was finished, but got water damage from a hurricane. I pulled up most of the carpeting and found 4 layers of paint plus the mastic.  The guys who did the stairs seemed interested, but I learned they were doing siding.  On top of it one smelled badly of nicotine and smoke.  

The bathroom fan sounded like a mack truck.  So, it got replaced by an electrician, but the size is different so  I had to put in 2"x9" patch.  It looks pretty bad as I didn't have proper drywall screws and will have to be redone.    

Painting needs to be done, but my wife hates the smell and the ac is on, so maybe there will be a warm and dry day in September.  The weather seems to be key to getting things done.

let's see.... finish basement reno (building a medieval-themed tavern/bar. just kind of how it came to lol so far it looks great!), furniture for basement, built-in shelves in the living room and guest room, attic storage shelves, shed storage organization/shelves, bathroom tchotchke shelves (lots of shelves!!), upgrade basement 1/4 bath to 1/2 bath (adding a sink, better lighting and expanding the room), clean clogged downspout, rework downspout outputs, work on radiators throughout the house, kitchen cabinet facelift, crown molding in bedroom, headboard for bed, some more shelves in the bedroom, replace ceiling fans (just old and look crappy), new outlets in attic, porch, kitchen and basement, copious amounts of gardening, radiator covers for living room, dining room and bedrooms, firepit plinth (for easier mowing and won't light the yard on fire), porch curtains... i know i'm missing a few more lol but life, finances and procrastination have a way of popping up

Just bought a third flat that now has to be renovated kitchen and bath. The house I live in am planning to add a swimming pool and building myself a new marine fish tank.