LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What did you say when some asked why you where wearing cloth diapers?

I wear diapers in private but I am giving serious thought to wear cloth diapers and plastic pants 24/7. I have always loved the soft warn cloth of diapers and plastic panties. I have cerebral palsy and diapers are now and always have been a soft, warm, pleasurer and a comfort. I want to wear my diaper like normal under clothing. I do not do this around family because they know that I am not inconstant and would give me grieve for wearing in public or anytime else. I am getting my own place soon and want to wear 24/7 but would feel at odds if someone asked why, I was in diapers. I would tell a white lie. Anyone have insight to this?

I do not have that problem. I am smoart enough to understand themeaning of "behind closed doors" and the old anti-drunk driving commercial "Your lifestyleis your business. But when you taie it on the road, it's everyone's business". So it just does not happen to me. What people do not know cannot hurt you

You're unlikely to be asked why, even by people who notice.  If you are, you could reply, 'It's none of your business,' because it's not anyone's business but yours.  But if you're too nice to be that blunt you could just say you have health issues which is an all encompassing vague phrase.  If you want to wear 24/7, go for it.  Don't be put off by what other people might think or ask because 99% of them won't think or ask anything.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, WetDad said:

Nobody would ever ask a question so specific unless they are very knowledgeable/experienced about the topic.

Even then, a stranger won't ask.  It's bold and rude of them!  People you know really well might suspect but if you have never told them of any issues, I can't see them bringing up such a personal subject.  Now, since this is in the Cloth Diapers forum, I'm suspecting perhaps the original subject might possibly have to do with people who are very close friends or family who know you have medical issues or incontinence and might have discovered that instead of disposable diapers or briefs, you are wearing cloth diapers instead.  It's never happened to me and probably never will happen, but I would suspect the answer might either be, "None of your damn business", or, "Because I have incontinence, need to wear some protection and cloth diapers are more cost effective and more environmentally friendly than disposable briefs" (and let's not turn this thread into the old worn out discussion on how cloth diapers use more water and detergents that flow into the eco system and are equally as bad as disposables ending up in landfills).  

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Or, you could be honest and say, "Because cloth diapers are cheaper than disposable diapers in the long run", and leave it at that.  Keep them wondering why you're wearing diapers in the first place because they were so bold and rude to even ask!

• Like 2

...I walk my dogs a little bulgy in a park about a 1/2mi around the path pretty much every other day. I have passed(or they have passed me)probably several hundred people over the last 2yrs and yet to have ONE person ever say anything, even if they have noticed. Even went into a few Walgreens fairly bulgy and if anything, most probably feel sorry for your "predicament". It's kinda like asking someone if they're wearing dentures, a wig or a hairpiece. Who does that?

No one asks you if you are wearing dentures or a wig, but after the party...  "Did you see that wig?  Oh my god!  It looked terrible!".  "That's nothing!  How about those dentures!"  Therefor, when those people get home.....   "How about that guy with his dog and those diapers again!"   "Yeah, he's always walking his dog several times a week.  You'd think by now he'd realize that everyone knows he's wearing bulky diapers and plastic pants".

My only answer would be, "Why do you want to know?" After all regardless of whether its obvious or not, it is an unusual question to ask someone.

• 4 weeks later...

The subject rarely comes up but the answers are very simple.

First is the cost... Paper Diapers (of any quality) run appox $2.50 for ONE DIAPER ?!? sorry but that is INSANE!

Second is Fit... One size and shape does NOT fit All!

Third paper diapers always fail and always leak... ALWAYS!

What would you do if your Toilet drained onto your Bed or into your shoes every time it was Flushed?

(Insert my Pro Cloth Diaper Rant Here.) oh and don't forget that cloth diapers are cheep... Very Cheap... I'm talking less than $200.00 for EVERY THING. I'm still using diapers I bought 30 years ago and they were only $11.00 a dozen for standard 21X40 cotton gauze flats.

(the snap on things that look like a pampers and are made out of plastic fabric are Worse than ALL the others because they Never get clean)   I think I've been triggered... whatever that means.    ?

On 7/31/2021 at 6:24 AM, rusty pins said:

No one asks you if you are wearing dentures or a wig, but after the party...  "Did you see that wig?  Oh my god!  It looked terrible!".  "That's nothing!  How about those dentures!"  Therefor, when those people get home.....   "How about that guy with his dog and those diapers again!"   "Yeah, he's always walking his dog several times a week.  You'd think by now he'd realize that everyone knows he's wearing bulky diapers and plastic pants".

So everyone knows but for your idiot self. You know what they say... You can't fix stupid.

Turn to them, straight on.... Reach out and grab them by the shoulders, move your face in close to theirs, and in your best serious voice, say to them:

"Because every time someone throws away a disposable diaper, somewhere, a kitten dies!!"

And walk away.   ?

• Haha 3
  • 1 month later...
On 7/31/2021 at 6:24 AM, rusty pins said:

...yeah, probably does happen, but really, why should I or anyone care. I might have said "bulgy" in my original answer, but I'd be very surprised if I was bulgy or bulky enough for anyone to notice. I usually just wear one cloth diaper no plastic pants under loose sweat pants, so for anyone to really notice, again I'd be very surprised.