LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Caan't sleep

You might try some simple meditations. Clearing your head of unnecesary traffic and noise helps with sleep, and unneeded thoughts and such. Has worked well for me...might be worth a try.

• Like 2

When, in the 1990s, every time I woke in the night, the digital clock showed the number of a loss making Lloyd's syndicate, I found that by throwing my mind from one random thought to another every few seconds......(a tree on blossom.....a favourite tie....a dog......grandpa's pipe......a view.......a cool beer........a birthday card ....a ball game....etc: - etc: )  there wasn't room for grim thoughts and sleep overtook me.

i hate insomnia, i have to take melatonin and benedryl, and a lot of times i still toss and turn, wake up way too early, some like to get up at the crack of dawn, im nocturnal, im pissed if im awake at the asscrack of noon!

• Like 1

@DailyDi

I have also had nights when it was almost impossible to sleep:  I think most of my issues are due to pain and "restless legs."  There are times when I go to sleep, and I wake up at like 1:30am in the morning, and I don't know why.  Sometimes, I have even been awake at 2:00am, and I guess that's because my body needed no more sleep.  Most of the reason for my mood swings that happen is because I am down here, and the only people I see in here is my stepdad, my dad, and my brother Mike, and the routine is sort of mundane, and I sometimes wanna just say "You know, I feel like a swim" or "Man, I would LOVE to just jump in a car, get on a plane, and go wherever."  The Pandemic has changed lives in ways that I will always remember, and it means that the way we used to do things has to adapt - I survived the pandemic because I did what the doctor ordered, kept in contact with them, and obtaining permission to go out, or when I needed help:  I had a time when NOTHING was going IN to ANYWHERE, and my mobility and asthma were kicking my BUTT:  My pulmonologist was able to get me the PT and assistance I needed and I am grateful for that.

My sleep also changed.  I was "flipping" my sleep schedule:  I would SLEEP from 4a to NOON, and be up from NOON to 3a.  When the pandemic hit, I had nowhere to go, nothing to do, so I just was here on DD, talking to people, or posting, or messaging, or watching TV.  The main reason I decided to go to 24/7 diapers was due to 2 reasons:  IBS/Diverticulitis and accidents all over the place, and the second reason was because i was spending HOUR after HOUR in the bathroom, just sitting there, LOSING time from sleep.

The last straw was when I could NOT hold back BM's because my stomach just grumbled, and I felt funny, and before I could do anything, was filling my diapers:  I had like microseconds to do anything, and I couldn't even get UP out of my chair, and then, Messy diaper.  Diapers have helped me in many ways, and because of them, I CAN sleep better, and I don't HAVE to hurt myself trying to get to the bathroom to use it.  I can't tell you how many hours I lost just sitting there, and the moment I say "back to bed", I have to get back up and sit for more time.

Depression SUCKS man:  It does:  and it is NOTHING to mess with:  If I find that I don't feel right, I make a call to my doctor.  I'm on Bupropion (Wellbutrin) 300MG, and it helps me, and this time, i'm STAYING on it;  that way, I am not nervous or anxious, and I feel better overall.  I wear 24/7, and it is the best decision I made, and I even can have fun with the diapers as well:  I have to wear, so why not have that fun, as I am incontinent and a DL :)

***Hugs** Da Man, and gives him a High 5**

Brian 

• Like 1

I often need to be tired, and take a sleeping pill to get some sleep if I have to get up in the morning.

The "sad" part is that when I don't need to get up early in the morning, I fall asleep easily, and get up early.
I guess its my anxiety about not getting up in time. (Oversleeping) 

I wake up at 8 am no matter when I fall asleep. 

• Like 1

Since I discovered leaving my TV on with low volume, I sleep very well.

I used to be up all night until the birds started singing then I would drift off to sleep, just before I had to get up for school or work as I got older.

Old movies work wonders for me, I listen to the old movies of the 40's and 50's almost all have zero commercials.

2 hours ago, beallucanb said:

Since I discovered leaving my TV on with low volume, I sleep very well.

I used to be up all night until the birds started singing then I would drift off to sleep, just before I had to get up for school or work as I got older.

Old movies work wonders for me, I listen to the old movies of the 40's and 50's almost all have zero commercials.

I watch past seasons of shows I like, it's familiar and comforting. Currently I am switching between Brooklyn 99 and Bob's Burgers.

Last night was just one of those nights where I thought I was tired, but the moment I tried to go to sleep my eyes snapped open and said "no"

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DailyDi said:

I watch past seasons of shows I like, it's familiar and comforting. Currently I am switching between Brooklyn 99 and Bob's Burgers.

Last night was just one of those nights where I thought I was tired, but the moment I tried to go to sleep my eyes snapped open and said "no"

That's cool, I like archer. It's a good show!☺️?

One thing I can guarantee that will put me to sleep --- reading text books!  Not fiction. Was always a hard thing to get through homework. 

But, I can relate to the anxiety angle.  Some time back I was starting to have more frequent dreams involving death.  Vivid enough to wake me in the middle of the night.  Then I would need to get up and walk around a bit, go pet the cat, etc... before trying to go back to sleep.

15 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

I have also had nights when it was almost impossible to sleep:  I think most of my issues are due to pain and "restless legs."  There are times when I go to sleep, and I wake up at like 1:30am in the morning, and I don't know why.  Sometimes, I have even been awake at 2:00am, and I guess that's because my body needed no more sleep.  Most of the reason for my mood swings that happen is because I am down here, and the only people I see in here is my stepdad, my dad, and my brother Mike, and the routine is sort of mundane, and I sometimes wanna just say "You know, I feel like a swim" or "Man, I would LOVE to just jump in a car, get on a plane, and go wherever."  The Pandemic has changed lives in ways that I will always remember, and it means that the way we used to do things has to adapt - I survived the pandemic because I did what the doctor ordered, kept in contact with them, and obtaining permission to go out, or when I needed help:  I had a time when NOTHING was going IN to ANYWHERE, and my mobility and asthma were kicking my BUTT:  My pulmonologist was able to get me the PT and assistance I needed and I am grateful for that.

My sleep also changed.  I was "flipping" my sleep schedule:  I would SLEEP from 4a to NOON, and be up from NOON to 3a.  When the pandemic hit, I had nowhere to go, nothing to do, so I just was here on DD, talking to people, or posting, or messaging, or watching TV.  The main reason I decided to go to 24/7 diapers was due to 2 reasons:  IBS/Diverticulitis and accidents all over the place, and the second reason was because i was spending HOUR after HOUR in the bathroom, just sitting there, LOSING time from sleep.

The last straw was when I could NOT hold back BM's because my stomach just grumbled, and I felt funny, and before I could do anything, was filling my diapers:  I had like microseconds to do anything, and I couldn't even get UP out of my chair, and then, Messy diaper.  Diapers have helped me in many ways, and because of them, I CAN sleep better, and I don't HAVE to hurt myself trying to get to the bathroom to use it.  I can't tell you how many hours I lost just sitting there, and the moment I say "back to bed", I have to get back up and sit for more time.

Depression SUCKS man:  It does:  and it is NOTHING to mess with:  If I find that I don't feel right, I make a call to my doctor.  I'm on Bupropion (Wellbutrin) 300MG, and it helps me, and this time, i'm STAYING on it;  that way, I am not nervous or anxious, and I feel better overall.  I wear 24/7, and it is the best decision I made, and I even can have fun with the diapers as well:  I have to wear, so why not have that fun, as I am incontinent and a DL :)

***Hugs** Da Man, and gives him a High 5**

Brian 

makes me think of the words from a song, "the dreams in which im dying are the best ive ever had"

11 minutes ago, feralfreak said:

makes me think of the words from a song, "the dreams in which im dying are the best ive ever had"

Tears for fears "mad world". That lyric has always bothered me for some reason.

The story of my life the last ten or more years.  I wake up at midnight for bathroom and can't get back to sleep.

I have a cd (remember those?) where some guys tries to hypnotize you to sleep.  There are sounds that move from speaker to the other that make you want to sleep.  It kind of works, but I haven't listened to it in a couple years as my speakers broke (well the wires inside came loose) and I bought new ones and they don't have such a great frequency response, which the cd plays.

I've tried countless melatonin permutations.  They just make me more tired.

Someone recommended Advil, so I was using that on weeknights.  Then I figured out taking adult advil (1 pill) four times a week wasn't all that great.

I recently started ashwagandha at midnight.  This seems to help with work anxiety, which I seem to have.  It does work, but may take a while.  I think the key recently has been to realize I'm in top 94% for net worth--I could retire today.

I changed down to one pill of children's Advil to ashwgandha.  This seems to help the most.  I only take some combination of these as needed, mostly Tuesday through Thursday nights.    

I also turn on the tv and turn off the picture.  Initially, I turn the volume up load enough to hear it,  then after 10 or so minutes i start to turn it down a notch or two. I prefer Man the high castle, just talking no music.

I also have an air purifier, which naturally it gives off white noise.  I barely hear thunderstorms.  

Depending on how stuffy I am, I may have taken Xyzal.

1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

Couldn't get to sleep again last night, even after taking anxiety medicine.

That sucks.?? It could be that you're not using enough energy to make your body tired during the day, hints why you can't fall asleep.?

Cut down on coffee and don't drink any after midday.
I rarely drink coffee after lunch, and if I do drink after lunch I drink caffeine free coffee.

Also no sugar in the evening.