LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Would you attend diaper party?

I really was wondering about this topic since they do have meetings almost every month in Las Vegas, but I have never attended.  Really have no clue what to expect and if it is something I would or wouldn't feel comfortable attending?

• 1 month later...

The idea never appealed to me, as I think I would feel TOO exposed, but that's just me personally.

What I think I'd rather attend is something like a "diaper trade show", something that is more focused on vendors showing off new advancements in incontinence technology and new types of diapers, with booths and such. Naturally, everyone could wear diapers there if they wanted to, but at any event like that I would just feel more comfortable if there was still a "outer pants required" dress code in some way. And personally, I think it would be more fun to be in a situation where I was still clothed and diapered incognito, with the unique exception that everyone around me was all "in on it" so-to-speak. 

• Like 1

The idea here is that you would have to be comfortable doing what you're doing, going where you're going, and during the time that you're within the space where you are attending such an event, you would want to be comfortable in doing so. If you are not comfortable doing what it is that you do in a public space out of munch or another type of event, because you were with people that you are not familiar with, this can be hard for people.

If for example, you go to a place where you know all the people, or there are people that you trust, and you were able to enjoy yourself, I see no problem doing whatever it is you want, so long as it is within the purview and the regulations of the place where an event is being held. If you're in a place where for example your friends are, and you trust everyone of them, and you feel comfortable doing what it is you're doing, that's one thing period now, if I was to go to a place where I was unfamiliar, I didn't know anyone, or I knew very little about what I was doing, I would be on guard. It only takes one second to make a mistake that could be detrimental to you should something backfire.

In order for me to be able to attend such an event, I would have to be comfortable going with somebody that I trusted, that would take care of me, or be with me, as we enjoy each other period it kind of reminds me of stories like when I used to be in college. We had a great big Victorian mansion as a dorm, and there are a lot of times when the one of the biggest rooms that we used was upstairs, and we had a awesome time where we would play cards or drink beer or do whatever. If you feel comfortable doing that, you let your hair down, and you just let yourself go. People that are used to going to functions like this may be comfortable wearing what they wear, or engaging in activities that they would normally do at home, in public. However, there are rules in each particular setup as to what is appropriate and what is not, so you have to follow those rules as well. As long as you are doing something that you like, and you're doing it right, and You are in an appropriate place where wearing attire that is designed for adult babies or adult kids is appropriate, then it shouldn't be a problem period remember that there may be things that you do as an adult baby an adult kid or whatever it is, that you would do at home, but you would never ever do it in public. Those types of things would draw immediate attention to you, and it might end up having a negative impact.

If someone is in little mode, it would probably be normal for them to act that way, or to be sassy, lippy, whiny, whatever it is. That's the way their young persona is. How you act we'll also determine where you would go. If you are comfortable in a situation where you can immediately go to a place that you feel comfortable and switch to little mode, and then play or have a meltdown, and someone can take care of that, then you would be able to let your inhibitions not stop you. However, if you're new to where you are going, and you want to make sure that you are doing things appropriately, the best way to do it is to have someone that is familiar with the surroundings and what goes on during such a event, so that you can be better prepared for what happens. I mean if you go to teddy con for example, there are probably setups for everyone to be able to do almost anything they want to do, within the purview of the hotel, within the rules of the hotel, and this is because they set the rules. For example you would not want to be an adult baby walking around a hotel room and then walk down to the lobby in attire when that might not be an appropriate attire for where you are headed. If you had a floor or two where you could roam around, or have a four or three, then you may be able to get away with wearing what you would wear at home, at a hotel. Or for example like me, I'm wearing a pair of white trifectas over a pink mega Max diaper. This I would wear at home, but you better believe it that I would probably not wear it so that I would show it off to whomever is within sight shot.

You would want to be in a place where you feel safe to be able to take your adult clothing off and be able to run in your diaper cover and your diapers, or use your pacifiers, bottles, or whatever it is that you use. That's why there are rules at these conventions so that vanilla guests that are in in hotels can actually do as they do, while convention goers do what they do. Where they have to mingle together, appropriate attire is probably required, but as long as you are within the purview of wherever event is being held, it should be no problem period This is why it is important to make sure when you go to a munch that you follow the rules that they set.

As I said, I would only go to a thing like this if I had someone that I went with that I could trust. It's one thing if you don't know what to expect, and it's also very hard if you don't know what to expect. However, you should be able to determine the expectations and gold with your guts based on what you see when you get there, or what signs may be posted. I'm sure that if I went to a place like this they had an event as stated, and I was able to be appropriately attired when I'm not on a floor where it is acceptable to wear your fetish garb, it would not make a bit of difference: or maybe I'm saying this wrong: basically where you have to appear vanilla, you should wear appropriate clothing, but where you can actually wear appropriate fetish garb, that should be where you are wearing it. I'm sure there are a lot of fun things that happen at teddy con or other conventions, but they can be cost prohibitive, and if you've never been to one, you may end up having a situation where you are so nervous that you have to get over the jitters, and you may end up not having as much fun the very first time you go, because you're worried about what can happen or what will happen, and when you finally go more than once for example you understand what's going on, you know the ground rules, you know some of the people that are there, and you have a rapport with some of them. Sometimes a munch is almost as fun is going to a friend's house and saying let's cook hot dogs hamburgers and chicken or something like that. That might not make sense, but to me basically you have to respect boundaries, and the boundaries are normally set at the venue that someplace has 

Brian

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I would like to but I do have that fear of video recording. Outer clothing? I could go either way, if people are there without I would take my pants off too but not my cute shirts (you don't want to see that anyway I'm a chubby todler LOL) I am a natural over sharer but I don't want to see any messy diapers. I would like to try CAPcon but that scares the he#$ out of me.

• 1 month later...

I go to them fairly regularly.  Both of the ones I've been to recently have strict rules about no phones or cameras & it works well.  The last one I went to, a couple of weeks ago, had about 80 littles, all dressed up, many in nappies.  The mix was about half male, half female, and a few trans.  There were plenty of toys to play with, and a couple of rooms set aside for nappy changes.  And a bar, but that wasn't really relevant for me.  Although I was still recovering from illness I still had a great time.  Most of the littles there were in their 20s, I'd say, some in their 30s, & few older.  The fact that I was probably the oldest person there didn't bother me, or anyone else as far as I could tell.  They're just like I was 30 or 40 years ago, but a lot more confident in themselves, thanks to events like this and of course the WWW.

The events I go to these days are mostly a lot different to those I first went to 30 years ago, when they were mostly middle-aged men wearing nappies talking about their cars...

• Like 2
On 8/13/2022 at 3:08 PM, FreeFlowin said:

The idea never appealed to me, as I think I would feel TOO exposed, but that's just me personally.

What I think I'd rather attend is something like a "diaper trade show", something that is more focused on vendors showing off new advancements in incontinence technology and new types of diapers, with booths and such. Naturally, everyone could wear diapers there if they wanted to, but at any event like that I would just feel more comfortable if there was still a "outer pants required" dress code in some way. And personally, I think it would be more fun to be in a situation where I was still clothed and diapered incognito, with the unique exception that everyone around me was all "in on it" so-to-speak. 

What a great idea.

Everyone sitting in just diapers....maybe a party of nudists who are also ABDLs? That's probably more fun in my imagination than it would be IRL. ?

I've been to a few munches with my local fetlife group and I was padded under my normie clothing. A big party of ABDLs makes me think of Capcon and Teddycon. I've never been, but a few friends have and they absolutely love it. 

• Like 2
On 6/17/2021 at 7:12 AM, ValentinesStuff said:

Diapers do a better job than most swimwear in hiding the naughty bits. 

It's not how much they cover.

Diapers are underware. 

You don't parade around in underware. 

2 hours ago, KittyMerriweather said:

It's not how much they cover.

Diapers are underware. 

You don't parade around in underware. 

Tell that to all the people I see walking around with their pants hanging so low, they have to use one hand to hold them up. Or the guys in speedos so tight you can tell if they're circumcised. The women with bra straps hanging out, or other exposed lingerie.

I'm not advocating going to Walmart in just a diaper, but at a private party, does it really matter? I've certainly seen more exposed skin.

19 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Tell that to all the people I see walking around with their pants hanging so low, they have to use one hand to hold them up. Or the guys in speedos so tight you can tell if they're circumcised. The women with bra straps hanging out, or other exposed lingerie.

I'm not advocating going to Walmart in just a diaper, but at a private party, does it really matter? I've certainly seen more exposed skin.

It matters because opinions were asked on a public forum & I gave mine. No where did I read that this was a forum only for people who agreed with every thought of the OP.  You can tag me until the cows come home with whatever scenario you can imagine,  & it will not persuade me to change my mind on this. My answer will always be, no I would not attend a party were people were walking around in exposed diapers.

While you're out & doing your best to do you, there has to be room to allow me to do me. That's what living in a respectable society is all about.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, KittyMerriweather said:

It matters because opinions were asked on a public forum & I gave mine. No where did I read that this was a forum only for people who agreed with every thought of the OP.  You can tag me until the cows come home with whatever scenario you can imagine,  & it will not persuade me to change my mind on this. My answer will always be, no I would not attend a party were people were walking around in exposed diapers.

While you're out & doing your best to do you, there has to be room to allow me to do me. That's what living in a respectable society is all about.

If you don't want to that's fine, I never said you should. My point is that your argument that diapers are "underwear" is a reason that I have always found to be silly, because, for the most part, those that raise that argument never complain about exposed lingerie or men's briefs, or swimsuits that hide virtually nothing.

On 10/31/2022 at 1:35 AM, ValentinesStuff said:

If you don't want to that's fine, I never said you should. My point is that your argument that diapers are "underwear" is a reason that I have always found to be silly, because, for the most part, those that raise that argument never complain about exposed lingerie or men's briefs, or swimsuits that hide virtually nothing.

Ok what i read was ....if you don't want to that's fine but here let me keep hounding you all the same. 

This is my last response to you @ValentinesStuff please stop trying to continue this discussion with me.

It's an interesting conversation, and one I've mused over before. I certainly treat my diapers like underwear most of the time, IE, they are to be heard but not seen. In the evenings after the kids have gone to bed or joined all-night chat rooms with people from Belgium, I treat my diapers more like pajamas than underwear, assuming it's warm enough to do so, but then again, my wife also tends to like to sleep in a longish t-shirt and underwear, so arguably, in the bedroom at least, underwear kind of becomes outerwear. 

But out in the world, despite the practical observation that, yes, diapers do cover more than many bathing suits, social convention has relegated them to the "unmentionables" category. My kids and their friends lounge around the pool in diminutive bathing suits with nary a thought, whereas they wouldn't be caught dead outdoors in their underwear, even though their underwear might, in many cases, actually provide more coverage than their bathing suits do. Bras kind of exist in a netherworld between underwear and outerwear. Sports bras are outright acceptable gym-wear these days, whereas lingerie-type bras can show, but not fully. They're acceptable as visible through translucent shirts, or, straps or the back can be shown, but never the whole enchilada. Bralettes are a new category, at least for me (being largely bra-illiterate), and they seem to have found traction as outerwear. My friend's teenaged daughter was working in their kitchen in one, when I came walking in, carrying a piece of brewing equipment, and my first reaction was to shut my eyes, turn my head and say "Sorry!!!", but then she said "It's fine, it's a bralette." It was basically an opaque bra with an ornate back.  

Getting back to the topic at hand, though - diapers - I think that, for the most part, most adults treat them as underwear, or, "worse-than-underwear", in so far as how undignified appearing in one can seem. But as a kid, I recall many situations where my diapers were effectively treated as pajamas, or quasi-outerwear. I recall hanging out at home, or even at campsites, for example, in the evening or first thing in the morning, wearing a diaper and a shirt, whereas my younger brother and older sister were not lounging around in their underwear. And they make "swim diapers" that are more or less considered outerwear, situationally.

All this may stem from a sort of social development "spillover" effect: babies and toddlers wear diapers, and they're immune to embarrassment, for the most part - they haven't developed that social awareness yet. So it's not uncommon for them wear diapers unabashedly, ergo, their diapers aren't treated as "underwear", per se. Older kids, and certainly, adults, do not share the same social impregnability, but, in some quarters, their diapers and diaper-like products nonetheless retain a status as "slightly more acceptable to be visible" than underwear would be. I've seen my own, and friends' kids wearing pull-ups in situations where they would not have worn just underwear, for example. They're kind of treated like pajamas. 

That said, I go to great lengths to conceal my diapers, wearing onesie t-shirts and oversized trousers or shorts - as far as I'm concerned, nobody wants to see them!

• Like 1
On 7/6/2022 at 5:56 PM, ken2988 said:

I really was wondering about this topic since they do have meetings almost every month in Las Vegas, but I have never attended.  Really have no clue what to expect and if it is something I would or wouldn't feel comfortable attending?

I probably wouldn't, personally. Diaper wearing is something I feel more comfortable keeping to myself.

I would, yes. As with most respondents to this subject, trust is a big must have. Perhaps even no phones or cameras during the event. I've never attended a party, might be fun if there are games to play, cake, etc 

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...