LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Going on a boat ride in a few weeks with family. Not sure how to manage.

Hi all.  I’ve been 24/7 for a few years and I basically have the bladder control of a 2 year old at this point.  Usually I’m a pro at problem solving issues related to traveling and socializing, but this one has me a tiny bit stumped.  

A few weeks from now, my family coming in town to visit. My entire immediate family knows I wear diapers, but I still don’t feel comfortable wearing openly around my parents (even if they do know).   My kids who are younger will be there as well.  

Anyways the plan is to rent a pontoon boat one weekend.  We would go out to the middle of a lake and drop anchor and swim and chill out. 

I’m not sure what to do about protection.  My kids will want to swim so I will almost certainly need to go in the water so I can supervise them.  But a swim diaper is not nearly enough to keep me dry for the remainder of the time we are on the lake and I would be humiliated if I got pee on then seats or floor of the boat. 

I could wear a real diaper but it’s going to get puffy when I go in the lake and besides I can’t exactly change when we get back in the pontoon and I don’t know how long we will stay out on the lake after we swim.  

At this point I’m thinking I’ll wear a swim diaper and buy some extra towels to sit on while on the boat.  

If anyone has other suggestions, I’m all ears!

(Edit: see my reply below for an update)

Edited by Enthusi
Updates
  • Enthusi changed the title to Going on a boat ride in a few weeks with family. Not sure how to manage.

as i undestand them correctly swim diapers are made to contain bowl movements not pee so i would plan on putting your bathing suit on and when the need arises jump in the pond and let it go your suit will get rinced and will be wet for a good while lee

A normal diaper is a bad idea. It won't get puffy, it will absorb lots of water and possibly explode! Not good for you or the lake.

A swim diaper is designed to contain bowel movements, and will handle minor leaking, but not your bladder releasing.

What you might want to get is some bed or chair protectors, and use them to protect the boat.

Have fun.

3 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

A normal diaper is a bad idea. It won't get puffy, it will absorb lots of water and possibly explode! Not good for you or the lake.

A swim diaper is designed to contain bowel movements, and will handle minor leaking, but not your bladder releasing.

What you might want to get is some bed or chair protectors, and use them to protect the boat.

Have fun.

I agree that protectors would be good but I don’t think I can do that discretely with family around. Hopefully towels are the poor man’s alternative. 

That's a real conundrum, @Enthusi, and one that I don't have an answer for. I've faced sort of similar issues at beaches a couple of times, but there was always a change room or car to go back to, so I chose a window that was "swimming time" and I was always in and out of the water, and then when it was "sitting on the beach" time, I went and put a diaper on. Or, I've shared hotel rooms with my family - but, of course, there was always a washroom with a door on it. You might want to artfully conceal a pull-up in some shorts in a bag, and then when swimming time is over, sling a towel around yourself, drop the swim trunks, and pull on the dry shorts with the concealed pull-up inside them. A swim diaper isn't going to provide you with any protection and might end up revealing itself if your soggy swim trunks droop at the back while climbing out of the water or whatever. I wish you luck!

I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do for a guys trip to the UK that was supposed to come together last year, that the pandemic derailed, and that now might be in the works for the fall. We'll be sharing hotel rooms because one of the guys on the trip works for a hotel chain and is getting us great deals on the rooms, so there isn't an opportunity to say "I want my own room and I'm willing to pay for it", because I'd be forcing another guy to pay for his own room, as well, and the hotel employee can't book us four rooms at employee rates everywhere we plan to go. How do I manage carrying, wearing, and finding diapers in another country, without anyone noticing anything? I've done this before, in Europe, but I was travelling with my family, and my wife knows I wear diapers, so it's just the kids I have to hide it from, and that's relatively easy.  

@Little Sherri

I thought of sneaking a pull-up.  I might be able to get away with it if I am stealthy.  Plus, like I said my family knows, though I feel awkward about it. 

As for Your conundrum, oh man you have a lot of challenges there. You may have to bite the bullet and tell them.   I suppose that depends on your relationship with your friends.  

Just curious how/ why do you hide your diapers / incontinence from your kids?   How old are they? How is it working out?    I concluded a while back that it would be damn near impossible to completely hide my diapers from them and live a normal life.   Let me be clear I’m not advocating for intentionally exposing them.  I do hide the ABDL stuff.  But my son who is 7 has accidentally walked in on me changing before. And I’m sure he has seen a diaper poke out from time to time. He hasn’t said anything and I try to keep it very low key.  I’m aware the risk he will blab to family and friends but so far he doesn’t really seem to care or register.  Again I think that’s because I keep it low key. My daughter is too young to know or care.  

42 minutes ago, Enthusi said:

Just curious how/ why do you hide your diapers / incontinence from your kids?   How old are they? How is it working out?  

I just thought that the idea of their dad wearing diapers would weird them out, and particularly the ABDL type that I tend to prefer. My kids are 13 and 16 right now. There have been incidents, so I'm not entirely sure that they don't know - for example, my wife asked my younger daughter to empty the trash cans a couple of years ago, and she found a diaper, which, hilariously, she assumed belonged to my wife - my wife didn't appreciate that. Since then I've been a lot more careful about where I toss my diapers.

My older daughter also once walked into my room while I was changing, and I dove behind the bed like I'd been shot, while yelling "Ever heard of knocking?!?", and she turned and pulled the door shut immediately, and said 'Sorry!" - I have no idea what she did or didn't see. I was a bit around a corner from her but she did walk straight in. 

My older daughter took after my wife in the potty training category, and left diapers behind, both day and night, before she was three. However, my youngest is a lot more like I was, the difference being that now the world offers pull-ups, whereas when I as a kid, all my parents could get were actual diapers. So she has a stash of pull-ups in her room (and I bought her some Abina youth diapers as well, although she doesn't like them as much as the Goodnites) - all of which is to say that she would understand the need to be discrete about such things - she wouldn't want her friends to know she had a pull-up on at a sleepover or whatever. So I suppose that if push came to shove, I could tell her about it, but so far I haven't found it necessary. 

Boat seats are usually made of some type of vinyl or waterproof material as they will get wet (not necessarily from pee).  I've replaced the seats in  my boat a few times just from wear and tear.  Boat seats are made to be wiped off or dried off with a towel.  If you are not bowel incontinent, I'd go without any diaper or pull up on the boat and just wear a swim suit.  If you pee when in the water, no big deal.  If you get out of the water your (and everyone else's) swimsuit will be wet when you sit on the boat seats.  If you wet yourself, your swimsuit will just get wet again and you can always wipe the boat seat with a wet cloth or towel and dry it if you need to.  I wouldn't worry too much about ruining a boat seat if you wet yourself without a diaper on.  Wearing any type of diaper in swimming won't be a good idea, especially disposables.  Even cloth and plastic pants will get soaked through when you are in the water.

16 hours ago, Enthusi said:

Hi all.  I’ve been 24/7 for a few years and I basically have the bladder control of a 2 year old at this point.  Usually I’m a pro at problem solving issues related to traveling and socializing, but this one has me a tiny bit stumped.  

A few weeks from now, my family coming in town to visit. My entire immediate family knows I wear diapers, but I still don’t feel comfortable wearing openly around my parents (even if they do know).   My kids who are younger will be there as well.  

Anyways the plan is to rent a pontoon boat one weekend.  We would go out to the middle of a lake and drop anchor and swim and chill out. 

I’m not sure what to do about protection.  My kids will want to swim so I will almost certainly need to go in the water so I can supervise them.  But a swim diaper is not nearly enough to keep me dry for the remainder of the time we are on the lake and I would be humiliated if I got pee on then seats or floor of the boat. 

I could wear a real diaper but it’s going to get puffy when I go in the lake and besides I can’t exactly change when we get back in the pontoon and I don’t know how long we will stay out on the lake after we swim.  

At this point I’m thinking I’ll wear a swim diaper and buy some extra towels to sit on while on the boat.  

If anyone has other suggestions, I’m all ears!

I can't vouch for it, but here is a review from Kevin Huck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn6Iohs9s6U  for some rubber pants that may fit your needs.   In the video he is in the pool with the rubber pants, and he wears diapers all the time.    I'm sure you can be discrete with that.

5 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do for a guys trip to the UK that was supposed to come together last year, that the pandemic derailed, and that now might be in the works for the fall. We'll be sharing hotel rooms because one of the guys on the trip works for a hotel chain and is getting us great deals on the rooms, so there isn't an opportunity to say "I want my own room and I'm willing to pay for it", because I'd be forcing another guy to pay for his own room, as well, and the hotel employee can't book us four rooms at employee rates everywhere we plan to go. How do I manage carrying, wearing, and finding diapers in another country, without anyone noticing anything? I've done this before, in Europe, but I was travelling with my family, and my wife knows I wear diapers, so it's just the kids I have to hide it from, and that's relatively easy.  

I have cases where I've shared a room with guys and managed to avoid getting noticed.   I've worn Pull Up style diapers in that situation and used the shower time, plus alone time to deal with the Pull Ups.  I walk in with the Pull Up concealed in my clothes, and then take the used one back concealed in my towel.   I will typically rap it up and put it in my bag, or find a discrete way to get rid of the Pull Up.   It mostly just a case of being extra careful, but I've never tried it with a diaper.

That is a tough situation coming up for you, no doubt about that. There have been some good suggestions already, or I think as good as can be for the situation. All I can offer is, if you’re only urinary incontinent, and you will be in swimming, you could wear a pull up, till you are actually ready to enter the water. And, if you had some way of putting up a blanket, or covering yourself under some type of canvas, you could then remove the pull up quickly. Once your swimming was done, do the same. Go under cover, pull down your suit, pull on a new pull-up, and back on with your trunks, or shorts. Maybe someone, wife? Could stand by, to be sure you didn’t uncover anywhere, during the process. Everyone will know, you’re up to something, but they won’t actually see you change. 

6 minutes ago, AbabeBill said:

That is a tough situation coming up for you, no doubt about that. There have been some good suggestions already, or I think as good as can be for the situation. All I can offer is, if you’re only urinary incontinent, and you will be in swimming, you could wear a pull up, till you are actually ready to enter the water. And, if you had some way of putting up a blanket, or covering yourself under some type of canvas, you could then remove the pull up quickly. Once your swimming was done, do the same. Go under cover, pull down your suit, pull on a new pull-up, and back on with your trunks, or shorts. Maybe someone, wife? Could stand by, to be sure you didn’t uncover anywhere, during the process. Everyone will know, you’re up to something, but they won’t actually see you change. 

I was thinking of playing the “oh silly me I left my shorts on” card. And get changed on the boat.  It would be eyebrow raising but not horrible. 

• Like 1

When this happened to me, I didn't think it would be an issue. But as we docked and ate at a dockside restaurant, my dry swim trunks started developing a big wet spot in the front. I tried to be nonchalant about it, but it was hard to ignore and I swore the whole place was watching. I didn't know about swim diapers at the time but sure wished I could get one and go back in time and do it again, but this time with a swim diaper. Won't get caught again!

As other's have already said, I'd be looking at some tactical pull-ups.  They're pretty useless for much but their ability to be quickly pulled off and on like underwear makes them the least-worst option here.

I HATE sitting around in wet swimmers (go figure..) so it's pretty normal for me to change immediately after exiting the pool.

I'm still somewhat-continent during the day so long as I could swiftly access a bathroom.  At night however, I'd need to be in a proper diaper because I wet during sleep now.

Swim diapers are strictly for bowel accidents as they have no absorbency, unfortunately theres only a couple of options 

1: wear your regular premium taped diaper with shorts and stay out of the lake

2: Since all your family know take a couple of taped diapers with you and as already recommended have your wife hold up a towel while you remove your diaper before swimming and when you change back to your shorts after swimming.  

Unfortunately incontinence issues can get in the way of a few activities and swimming is a big one :) your family knows your need and will understand your need to change in and out of a diaper when on the lake and you go swimming.  practice changing standing up until you can get it down to a quick change.

Hope you have a great time with your family 

1 hour ago, Rob110 said:

Swim diapers are strictly for bowel accidents as they have no absorbency, unfortunately theres only a couple of options 

1: wear your regular premium taped diaper with shorts and stay out of the lake

2: Since all your family know take a couple of taped diapers with you and as already recommended have your wife hold up a towel while you remove your diaper before swimming and when you change back to your shorts after swimming.  

Unfortunately incontinence issues can get in the way of a few activities and swimming is a big one :) your family knows your need and will understand your need to change in and out of a diaper when on the lake and you go swimming.  practice changing standing up until you can get it down to a quick change.

Hope you have a great time with your family 

Thanks!  So as an update I did end up talking to my sister who will be there.  She things thinks it’s not that big of a deal and that if I hide under a towel to change yes family will know but they won’t think anything of it.  ?

• Like 1

Given the situation, I’d try to split the day in the part “with water” (swimming & mainly outdoor on the deck) and the one “without water” (cabin time & night).

That done, I would accept that leaks are to be expected in both parts of the day, but dealt differently: normal clothing and protection during the without water period; as little clothing as possible, dark colored towels and frequent bathing/rinsing of the spot where you stay during the phase with water.

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

So the boat ride came and went. It was a great time.  It turns out that at this particular lake you are only supposed to swim at a designated beach while you dock your boat.  The beach had a changing room so it was moot.  I didn’t have to worry about changing in front of my family. 

However… afterwards I lost my cell phone (later found) and while searching for it my parents took it upon themselves to search through my car… I came back to my car to find my diaper bag open and all my diapers in plain sight. No one said anything and like I said they already  know.  

I feel like there is a moral to this story somewhere!!  ???

9 hours ago, Enthusi said:

Update:

So the boat ride came and went. It was a great time.  It turns out that at this particular lake you are only supposed to swim at a designated beach while you dock your boat.  The beach had a changing room so it was moot.  I didn’t have to worry about changing in front of my family. 

However… afterwards I lost my cell phone (later found) and while searching for it my parents took it upon themselves to search through my car… I came back to my car to find my diaper bag open and all my diapers in plain sight. No one said anything and like I said they already  know.  

I feel like there is a moral to this story somewhere!!  ???

First rule of Finding Adult Diapers Club. You don't talk about finding adult diapers.

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, Enthusi said:

However… afterwards I lost my cell phone (later found) and while searching for it my parents took it upon themselves to search through my car… I came back to my car to find my diaper bag open and all my diapers in plain sight. No one said anything and like I said they already  know.   ???

Well I would have been pissed if my stepdad went through my things.  My mom knows about my diapers but my stepdad does not.