LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Making diapers more normal for yourself

Sephy

I'm usually a nervous wreck when the thought of wearing comes to mind. I personally want to just be okay to wear and enjoy the comfort they give me. Any one have any advice to help me with this

I'm the same way Sephy. What i say is just wear in your house alone, and stay in your comfort zone. for me, diapers make me feel safe and secure so i focus on that to counteract the nervousness. It's hard becuase they bring me nervousness and security at the same time, but it just takes practice. Try to wear at least once a week to make it more normal. That and I check that the door is locked and blinds are drawn!

The more you wear the faster the fear wears off. At first I had fear of people finding out I was wearing a diaper but after time you get to the point that you feel if someone was to find out you are wearing a diaper you just don’t care you are being you/ you are dealing with an issue the best way you feel fit no matter the citation you do what works for you!

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, ks84 said:

The more you wear the faster the fear wears off. At first I had fear of people finding out I was wearing a diaper but after time you get to the point that you feel if someone was to find out you are wearing a diaper you just don’t care you are being you/ you are dealing with an issue the best way you feel fit no matter the citation you do what works for you!

But what if the fear and nerves get too much and I can't do it.

23 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

What are you afraid of? 

My advice may seem odd, but put one on and do your best to ignore that you have it on. Just go about doing things normally. Once you stop focusing on the diaper, the fear may start to abate.

I'm afraid of getting caught

11 minutes ago, Sephy said:

I'm afraid of getting caught

Caught? Did they make it illegal?

Presumably by friends and family, because if John Smith on the street notices, well who cares because you don't know him and likely won't see him ever again.

Oddly when I started wearing, I wore in public more than at home. I would put on a diaper and head out. I rarely saw anyone I knew, so I didn't care. So find something that you can do alone, even if in public, and wear then. Shopping, walking around a park. 

2 hours ago, Sephy said:

I've been wearing once to two times a week for a few years now and haven't really been able to get over the fear.

What is the fear you feel if you dont mind me asking

Start thin. Like pull ups. Put 'em on, and make a concentrated effort to forget about 'em. Go about your day like it's all normal. Many people- both incontinent and ABDL and hell, just regular people for whom the toilet may be an inconvenience (like the news article on pre-covid New Year's Eve times square, people admitting they wore a diaper, or during Lunar New Years in China on packed trains, no way to get to the bathroom= a lot of people wear diapers. It was another news article). It's all mental, and to get over your fear takes mental/ emotional effort. Google tips on overcoming/ facing fears. Best way in life I've found is to just...do it. (whatever the "it" may be. Wearing diapers, in this case).  Either do it, or don't. The choice is yours and there's no right or wrong answer. 

• Like 1

put on a diaper, then put pants(sweat pants are easier) over it, then do something fun, like playing a video game, if you feel like it, wet it, if not then dont, who is it that you fear will "catch" you? and why do you fear it? have you had any incidents of accidents? you need to decide "you know what? its MY ass, ill wear a diaper if i want!"

• Like 1

My only fear was that the diaper would show out my rear when bending over, so I kept fixing my t-shirt.
Then I bought onsies and I got fearless.

Now I don't really care anymore and rarely use onesies outside.
I try my best to hide it, but shit happens. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Sephy said:

I'm usually a nervous wreck when the thought of wearing comes to mind. I personally want to just be okay to wear and enjoy the comfort they give me. Any one have any advice to help me with this

Yeah, that seems like a natural reaction. Find a good time when no one's around and pad up. It takes time. If you can, try wearing your diaper for a whole day, or over night and into the next day. The more often you wear your diaper, the less nervous you'll be.

for me, if it makes me too nervous, i just remind myself I dont have to be doing it. and that makes me think back to how I want to be doing it. feel free to inbox me, becuase I have gone through these anxieies a lot I might be able to help. self acceptance is hard, and its even harder to do alone 

There is nothing to be nervous about. When alone go for a little walks around your area while wearing a nappy. Get used to wearing it. Even get caught by strangers, what's the big deal? I bet if you're so nervous by wearing nappies you can't even wet them normally like an incontinent person with drips and dribbles - this feels so good! And you waste your nappy by flooding it all the time?

My nappy needs become apparent to my parents when I was young so I've never been nervous. They purchased me IC nappies - I did have problems wetting without flooding until my early 20s but when you learn to wet all the time at slightest urge wetting becomes easier. I'm 24/7 now and wet all the time but its still not proper total incontinence like I want.   

23 hours ago, Sephy said:

Then why wear if it’s to fearful for you unless you have to wear for urinary or fecal incontinence 

• Like 1

Getting caught in public is scary but 99% of people arent going to say anything. Just start small and wear around the house. UNLESS you constantly have people coming in and out of the house or live in a community house.... then just wear in your bedroom or in a private space.... i know im still nervous when wearing but after a little while of doing normal day to day things i forget....

• Like 1

start with basic white, or medical themed m4s. you can not be judged or questioned beyond "i dont want to talk about it" after enough of that you can swap over to whatever.

as for making it a custom or more often, it just took me a few years of wearing at night alone to get used to diapers moreso than underwear, where its like given the no strings attached choice id pick diapers as more comfy than my raddy underwear 

you can make diapers as safe as you want. small packages and locked doors and containers that people cant get into.

• Like 1

Your fear is like an anxiety disorder, where your brain tricks your body that you are in danger when no threat exists. Exposure and Response Prevention and Successive Approximations is the best way to overcome your fear so that you can enjoy diapers. Exposure= "just do it", practice at home by wearing diapers. Response Prevention= Relaxation Training, deep breathing, muscle relaxation, mindfulness, focus thoughts on the enjoyment of the diaper, and you might try some free apps to download on a smart phone- just Google relaxation apps. Also, many years ago I had a relaxation, soothing tape for wearing, wetting, and messing my diaper.  I suspect something like this may still exist. As your fear subsides at home, then you can advance to discreet diapers while in public.  Successive Approximations involve incrementally increasing the frequency and time in diapers, whether you keep the diaper dry, or wet, or even mess your diaper.  Totally your decision based on your comfort level.  While wearing a diaper in public, no one will ever notice, unless patently obvious, and if someone does suspect you are wearing a diaper, nothing will be said. Good luck on your journey, and enjoy and have fun with the process.

Considering all the products we have available today, and the extent that these products are in the media now, it is hard to understand why there is much concern to wear incontinence products?  Based on what I have seen recently in media from Depend, or Tena, it seems like that is a fashionable thing to do so why not join the crowd that is no longer afraid to flaunt their padding??  Well maybe not flaunt but the point, you will not stand out even if you are by small chance discovered to be wearing one of these products!

• Like 1

Diapers have been.in normal use for 1000's of years.

If you feel diapers are abnormal,see a therapist and explore how that mental perversion.got in your head .

They are normal for infants to infirm to incontinence,sure you couldn't buy them the way we can.,your caregiver would pack you in grass,moss and mud then every couple days take you to the river and change you  washing off the old diaper.

Think an ABDL diaper makes your ass puffy ,try it the old fashioned way ,I guarantee you waddle .

Diapers are as normal as you allow them to be.for me it would be abnormal to be undiapered ,sure I can have a catheter inserted and connected to a night bag ,but I will be screwed when my bowels move .why mess with success(puny) .I have a normal routine of being catheterized being diapered dressed and put in my wheelchair until we do it all in reverse,every four hours .and if I have not mentioned it "normal" is overated stop trying to normalize a diaper and accept it's assistance in your ADL's.