LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

No end to troubles!

DailyDi

Ok, this is a tad late, since you already took the Jeep in, but something I thought of that is....rare, kinda, is this. Corrosion gets between the battery terminal and the connector, making the battery seem to not work right. I had this happen on a few vehicals where they would not start, but power was getting to the lights and everything else.... It was confusing as heck. But I remembered what I heard someone else mention about cleaning the connection at the terminal and connector, so I did that, car started like it always had...., So it might just be something as stupid and simple as that, clean all the connections.... See what happens...if possible. 

Good luck! ???

Qwack

If the battery has a weak cell, most likely your looking at a replacement especially if the battery is a Gel AGM battery (Absorbed Glass Mat). These batteries are much different than a typical car battery which has an electrolyte in-between the lead plates. None the less just as others have said, I would be relentless with having them handle your situation A.S.A.P. Failures can occur at any milage but being that I've been in the automotive industry for 10+ years both as on hands as a mechanic and parts sales, an issue early on usually is a design flaw or poor manufacturing.  

They finally got to it today. They charged the battery up and it worked just fine for them, so they want to keep it overnight and test the battery again in the morning to see if it loses power.Hopefully there will be enough of a difference for them to keep looking as I don't want it to come back with no changes and start acting up again here.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

They finally got to it today. They charged the battery up and it worked just fine for them, so they want to keep it overnight and test the battery again in the morning to see if it loses power.Hopefully there will be enough of a difference for them to keep looking as I don't want it to come back with no changes and start acting up again here.

Hope they can fix it

Although Mikey, when you do get your car back I think you should sell it and get a Ford Bwonco because there so cool! Especially if it's yellow with big wheels, oh and the 3-door variant looks cooler.

ford-bronco-2021-37.jpg

1 hour ago, Apache Raccoon said:

Hope they can fix it

Although Mikey, when you do get your car back I think you should sell it and get a Ford Bwonco because there so cool! Especially if it's yellow with big wheels, oh and the 3-door variant looks cooler.

But I love my Renegade lol

I think keeping the jeep is a better and cheaper idea than buying another new and EXPENSIVE truck...

Sure, I'd love to have a new Ford Ranger, I just don't like the idea of paying $25000+ for it. I'll keep the car I have,which is long paid for..... For a bit longer ?

• Like 1

Hoping for an easy fix for you Mikey. 7k miles is nothing at all to a vehicle, especially if it's new. It shouldn't have a bad battery at that point either, but you never know when you might get a bad/ defective one.

• Like 1

Well it passes all the tests again this morning, so we are calling it a fluke combo of the car sitting longer than usual due to covid, with a couple sub freezing nights. Going to start it up once a day if  we're staying in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Well it passes all the tests again this morning, so we are calling it a fluke combo of the car sitting longer than usual due to covid, with a couple sub freezing nights. Going to start it up once a day if  we're staying in.

That can actually be "bad".  Unless you let it run long enough to get to FULL operating temp (you're talking 15 to 20 minutes minimum) it's not eliminating any of the bad stuff that collects in the oil.   Also, it takes a lot longer to fully recharge a battery than you think.  At idle, it might take hours.  I'd look at getting a float charger.  I have to have one on one of the "toys" because there's a parasitic draw that will kill the battery in just a few days if I don't.  I haven't had the desire to start digging deep to find out what is causing it yet (I have a theory, but that's all).   Then, not only will the battery be kept fully charged, you save the unnecessary wear on the engine, and on the gas!  It wouldn't take long to pay for itself in that respect.  And you don't have to go out and start it up and keep a watchful eye on it (in case someone comes by and wants to steal it).  In fact, it might be illegal (as it is here) to leave a vehicle running unattended.

This one actually got some decent ratings and it's reasonably cheap. 

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Maintainer-Portable-Motorcycle-Batteries/dp/B07CZ7KWP3?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Pretty much what @Crinklz Kat said.  A short run on a motor is worse than no run at all.  You'll get a lot of moisture pushed around the engine but not enough heat to push it out. 

For my "toy" car that only plays on sunny weekends, I just leave it connected to a trickle charger ("float" charger in US vernacular).  The charger will pay for itself with enhanced battery life.  Prior to that lesson, I was wrecking a battery every 2 - 3 years on that car.  Batteries last a lot longer when they are not cycled that much.  Modern cars suck a lot of juice doing nothing in the garage.

If a battery is going to fail however, it will typically fail to provide cranking current.  You may get lights and radio but you turn the key to "start" and it just says "click..."  Having lights flicker and fail on the road doesn't sound like a dying battery but rather another JEEP thing (stands for Just Empty Every Pocket down here).

• Haha 1

I have an older Lexus that I don't drive very often, and the battery was starting to not stay charged. Finally, it died completely- just a "click-click" when I turn the key. So I pulled out the battery, and took it back to Costco where I bought it 11 months ago. They replaced it with a brand new one, fully under warantee. (yeah, free) Now I'm good for another year I figure.

I have an MK Gel Battery that I redneck rigged in my 1999 Chevy Tahoe xD Id have them check your ECM to make sure its always sending the command to the Alternator to put out more power when needed. My sisters 2016 Jeep needed a jump and I jumped it. Never had a problem after that 1 jump. 

15 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

I would assume the dealer has done that (they will have the same tools). 

I would hope that they would. When my car's battery had died, and I when up to Auto-Zone (auto parts store in US) I was told they didn't have the tools to change a battery. Wound up getting a battery a short time later, and dad and I changed it right there in the parking lot in just a couple minutes. Who knew that Auto-Zone didn't have a wrench and a socket? That's about as bad as when Big- O Tires didn't even put valve stem covers on my new tires properly. Barely 2 turns of the threads, and that's on the ones where the cover hadn't fallen off yet.

11 minutes ago, id0ntknow said:

I would hope that they would. When my car's battery had died, and I when up to Auto-Zone (auto parts store in US) I was told they didn't have the tools to change a battery. Wound up getting a battery a short time later, and dad and I changed it right there in the parking lot in just a couple minutes. Who knew that Auto-Zone didn't have a wrench and a socket? That's about as bad as when Big- O Tires didn't even put valve stem covers on my new tires properly. Barely 2 turns of the threads, and that's on the ones where the cover hadn't fallen off yet.

My dad had the tires on his van replaced. Later I used it to go shopping, 50+ MPH  the left front tire decides that the ditch on the other side of the road is much more scenic and goes for a visit. Apparently someone skipped lugnut day. 

13 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

My dad had the tires on his van replaced. Later I used it to go shopping, 50+ MPH  the left front tire decides that the ditch on the other side of the road is much more scenic and goes for a visit. Apparently someone skipped lugnut day. 

That's scary. I hope you weren't too shaken up by that. My dad wound up in the ditch on the way home from the lake one time in a van of his after a tire blowout. Even worse though, another time he easily could have died after falling asleep on the way home. He was coming up a hill with a curve at the top, and missed the curve. He told me that he went through a fence, and one of the 4X4 fence posts went through the windshield, just to the right of where his head would have been, and he was only stopped by a tree.

Get a 25 watt solar panel and charge controller and mount it on the  roof.

https://www.amazon.com/Watts-Monocrystalline-Newpowa-Module-Marine/dp/B01M9B6RQI/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=25+watt+solar+panel&qid=1608667451&sr=8-3

I was in the hospital this summer for almost 4 months with my car setting in the parking lot.

I got out and put the key in and it started and I drove home no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

trickle charger for the win! Thanks for the advice. Just started the car for the first time since Christmas and it kicked on just fine.

Next time take the train! ? 

Glad you got it licked!