LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Training to wet at night

Joanne_B

I have been wearing and wetting at bedtime and naps on the weekend for approximately 6 months now. There are a like 1 to maybe 2 days out of the week that I wake in the morning wet without realizing I have gone. Most of the time I wake up in the middle of the night and wet and then fall back to sleep. As for nap time, I usually have a juice or sippy cup of water before nap time and before I even lay down to sleep I have wet in the diaper and then go to sleep wet for the nap . Then when I wake from the nap my mommy/wife changes me. I hope as I continue to wear and wet each night that I will have more nights that I don't wake up to wet and just go the entire night sleeping and wake up in the morning wet. My goal is someday that it be every night like that.  It definitely would make for a much better nights sleep.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I found that the smell of a wet mattress helps a lot!

I keep a wetting bed in my spare room and wet it occasionally just to keep the odor viable.

It's usually pretty dry by the time I diaper up and actually sleep in it, But I think the odor tells my sleeping brain that it's okay to to just let go.

I barely woke up several times last night, peed and went right back to sleep.

The cool thing though was, The voids were fairly small and the diaper contained everything!

10 hours ago, Pootattoo said:

I found that the smell of a wet mattress helps a lot!

I keep a wetting bed in my spare room and wet it occasionally just to keep the odor viable.

It's usually pretty dry by the time I diaper up and actually sleep in it, But I think the odor tells my sleeping brain that it's okay to to just let go.

I barely woke up several times last night, peed and went right back to sleep.

The cool thing though was, The voids were fairly small and the diaper contained everything!

I have a spare bedroom I use for my play room, but I wish I could use a cover for my mattress. See I have a nice invocare twin I lay it on the floor and use it for my private pay and pee play. I would like to think up a cover maybe like a medium thickness blanket? I can pee on it and let it dry and put it up. Because my wife does not like the pee smell. So I try to keep it under control. I have plastic on my part of our bed, and my recliner etc, just so she won't have to smell it. But all this to say I strongly agree it the bed smells like dried pee I lay down and I will pee awake or a sleep.

I love being a bedwetter, i love to wake with a swollen diaper with no memory of doing so.To be successful, you need to believe your a bedwetter. I have weakened my daytime control wearing 24/7, keeping my down below parts relaxed in the open state for most of the day, before i go to bed, several glasses of water, nice thick dry diaper and bang o, soaked diaper in the morning every morning. I love it, i'm a bedwetter:)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I have also embarked on my quest to become a bedwetter. I have had reasonable success so far. I would say 5 nights out of 7 I wet in bed, weekends tend to cause me some trouble since I’m going to bed later.

I make sure that I drink plenty during the afternoon / evening, without overdoing it, but 3 to 4 big glasses of soda or water (10oz) spread out, and then just before bedtime after brushing my teeth. I drink 16oz of water. Put on my nighttime diaper (cloth diaper) and go to bed, I make sure it’s dry in order to gauge my Success.  First wetting while in bed do take some time, but thereafter I now barely wake when I wet. Some mornings I’m soaked, other mornings I’m just wet.

I have been doing this since early December so I’m still early in the process. I document each morning if I had a wet or dry night.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, MLDK said:

I have also embarked on my quest to become a bedwetter. I have had reasonable success so far. I would say 5 nights out of 7 I wet in bed, weekends tend to cause me some trouble since I’m going to bed later.

I make sure that I drink plenty during the afternoon / evening, without overdoing it, but 3 to 4 big glasses of soda or water (10oz) spread out, and then just before bedtime after brushing my teeth. I drink 16oz of water. Put on my nighttime diaper (cloth diaper) and go to bed, I make sure it’s dry in order to gauge my Success.  First wetting while in bed do take some time, but thereafter I now barely wake when I wet. Some mornings I’m soaked, other mornings I’m just wet.

I have been doing this since early December so I’m still early in the process. I document each morning if I had a wet or dry night.

I believe I would be too afraid to sleep in cloth diapers.. in case of overwetting and leaking out the plastic pants! I wet a lot more at night than I do in the day. I sure would love to though because they're so comfy! 

3 hours ago, Mindylou said:

I believe I would be too afraid to sleep in cloth diapers.. in case of overwetting and leaking out the plastic pants! I wet a lot more at night than I do in the day. I sure would love to though because they're so comfy! 

I’m a Side sleeper / tummy sleeper, so being in thick cloth diapers and plastic pants works for me, I have had too many leaks when Sleeping in disposables, Plus I love the feeling of a wet and warm diaper. Cloth diapers really feels great when wet. I use disposables during the day. Though Sometimes, cloth also during the day.

• Like 2

There is no training needed when you are totally incontinent, but there is a need to keep from ruining the mattress when sleeping at night.  When I first started wetting at night and needing to wear diapers, I found that if I stayed on my back I was normally OK, but if I turned on my side I would sometime leak from the sides.  I found that I was unable to completely prevent myself from sleeping on my side, I absolutely hate the plastic pants that you war over you diaper which are noisy and not comfortable, so I ended up getting a rubber sheet that I put under my sheets to prevent staining of the mattress.  In a way it makes me feel like a little kid again, but it does protect my mattress, and I don't need to worry about the occasional leaks when I am sleeping at night. 

First step.  Diapers to bed every night. no cheating.    2nd step. Practic  peeing whial laying  down.  This truck the longest.   I can know wet. My diaper  in just about any position.  The. 3rd never get out of bed when you need to.pee.  just go. Evenchley  your body will start to let it go..  it was a good 5 years before I considered my self a bed wetter.  10 years know since I started  wet most morning's 

1 hour ago, Kapelmeister said:

Just wondering, shouldn't this be in the Incontinent desires forum?

Ultimately, it probably doesn't matter where you post stuff. Frankly, I think there are way too many forums. Keep "Scoop the Poop" and maybe one other and scrap the rest.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/21/2020 at 5:26 AM, Joanne_B said:

Has anyone successfully trained themselves to wet at night?

I tried this a few years ago with minimal success. I went about 4-5 months diapered every night and training myself to wet in my sleep. There were only two or three mornings I woke up wet and didn't remember doing it, though I was probably half awake. I gave up because it just wasn't working out overall.

I used to wet the bed as a child until I was around 12 or 13. I would never want to be inco, but I do miss wetting at night. I don't believe in hypnosis or things along those lines, but I always did believe it's possible to retrain yourself to wet while asleep. I was just wondering if anyone has been successful at it? If so, what was your technique? How long did it take?

I untrained my bladder and re-trained it to wet during my sleep.  It took me about 2.5 years before I was truly sleep wetting every night.  Maybe you just haven't tried it long enough. 

After 6-8 weeks, I would wake up while I was already peeing, but it took quite a while longer before I was wetting in my sleep with no memory of it in the morning.  I'd say stick with it!  Also, I have a mantra:

I am a bed wetter

It's ok to pee in your sleep

Brain, don't wake me up to pee

I wake up in a wet bed/diaper every morning

Talk to yourself before you go to sleep every night!  I've always heard it's easier for a previous bed wetter to lose control again.

And in my opinion, it is absolutely worth it!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I've always been terrible at keeping hydrated, usually, I only have a cup of coffee in the morning, a soft drink at lunchtime, and another with dinner... No water at all. <_<

To alleviate that problem, I bought one of those 3 Lt backpack hydration system replacement bladders and hung it on the wall next to my bed within easy reach.

So while I'm in bed watching TV, I can reach over and grab the bite valve and let it gravity feed a mouthful of water at a time every few minutes until I'm ready to roll over and go to sleep. 

It's been great so far! :)

I call it my Drinkle Tinkle system! :31_EmoticonsHDcom:

• Haha 1
  • 3 months later...
On 5/6/2022 at 4:53 PM, bi-bedwetter said:

I untrained my bladder and re-trained it to wet during my sleep.  It took me about 2.5 years before I was truly sleep wetting every night.  Maybe you just haven't tried it long enough. 

After 6-8 weeks, I would wake up while I was already peeing, but it took quite a while longer before I was wetting in my sleep with no memory of it in the morning.  I'd say stick with it!  Also, I have a mantra:

I am a bed wetter

It's ok to pee in your sleep

Brain, don't wake me up to pee

I wake up in a wet bed/diaper every morning

Talk to yourself before you go to sleep every night!  I've always heard it's easier for a previous bed wetter to lose control again.

And in my opinion, it is absolutely worth it!

It is absolutely worth it. I am a bedwetter and proud of it. The thought of being dry at night again is not something I would even contemplate. 

On 1/2/2022 at 2:33 PM, lekebaby said:

I love being a bedwetter, i love to wake with a swollen diaper with no memory of doing so.To be successful, you need to believe your a bedwetter. I have weakened my daytime control wearing 24/7, keeping my down below parts relaxed in the open state for most of the day, before i go to bed, several glasses of water, nice thick dry diaper and bang o, soaked diaper in the morning every morning. I love it, i'm a bedwetter:)

So true always think of your self as a bedwetter and live your life accordingly.

On 6/2/2021 at 3:55 PM, Wet Knight said:

I was 11 when I began to have dry nights.  I wanted to still be considered a bedwetter and began wetting in bed deliberately;  within 9 months I was bedwetting every night.

10 years later, this became really inconvenient, but despite several attempts, I have hardly had a dry night since.

Wetting in bed deliberately is one thing, but I wouldn't advise anyone to try to become a bedwetter.

I started having dry nights or at least I woke up needing to pee when I was about 13. I wasn't ready to give up my bedwetting so I just wet deliberately until I was wetting in my sleep again.

• 3 months later...
On 1/2/2022 at 2:33 PM, lekebaby said:

I love being a bedwetter too.

NO. I just let age do its thing I am like a 5 year old little girl so I just get out of bed and go then get back. That wy, I do not come to full wakefulness and then end up being unable to get back to sleep

8 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

so I just get out of bed and go then get back. That wy, I do not come to full wakefulness and then end up being unable to get back to sleep

I wish my brain and body worked that way.  Unfortunately for me, the "get out of bed" bit gets interpreted as "time to wake up now" and that's usually it for sleep if not for an hour or two, then the rest of the night.

I exploited my decision to go 24/7 mercilessly to avoid this scenario.  In my 50s, my bladder was wrecking my sleep although that's not the whole reason I took to diapers permanently.   I've still had the odd wrecked night because i had to get up for one thing or another but most nights I don't have to.  The consequence with respect to peeing has been pretty much the one you've so far avoided.  I don't really mind though.  It's mostly pretty comfortable and I'd be wet by morning anyway...

• Like 1

I’ve been wearing diapers to bed for over 4 years and have only recently become somewhat unreliable in the “staying dry overnight” department. However, it’s fickle. I’m in a dry stretch right now - no diaper dreams, and I’m waking up needing to pee at 4 or 5 am, at which point I wearily drop the gates and fall back to sleep. However I’ve just committed to another golf trip sharing accommodations with my friends, and you can bet that I’ll be wetting while I’m there, of course, because it’s not convenient. Also, IPA’s. 

I’ve had stretches where I thought I was tumbling down a hill towards true, intractable overnight incontinence, and then I’ll go for two weeks without an unpermissioned event. Sigh. But at this point it would be nerve-wracking to try to sleep without a diaper on, which says something. 

3 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I’ve had stretches where I thought I was tumbling down a hill towards true, intractable overnight incontinence, and then I’ll go for two weeks without an unpermissioned event. Sigh. But at this point it would be nerve-wracking to try to sleep without a diaper on, which says something. 

I'm only a little way in front of you here.  I suspect I'm bedwetting more frequently but it remains similarly capricious.  After a 2 week run of "no idea' nights, I've had some dry ones, dry to the extent that I have clear and repeated recollection of deciding to use my nappy to the extent that it could explain how wet it was by morning.

The trend line for both of us however is clear and like yourself, I realise that I'm now in NO position to sleep unprotected.

One thing I *have* noticed recently is that it's becoming increasingly common that by morning, I have no clue whether I wet in my sleep or not.  I think things are getting to the point that nights that I *know* I did not sleep wet are starting to disappear.  I'm starting to wonder if THIS might be my next normal.

Again, the segway for this is, as you know, being a bit wet to begin with.  I no longer necessarily NEED that trigger but I'm aware that it still significantly potentiates the situation, along with alcohol...

• Like 1
8 hours ago, oznl said:

I wish my brain and body worked that way.  Unfortunately for me, the "get out of bed" bit gets interpreted as "time to wake up now" and that's usually it for sleep if not for an hour or two, then the rest of the night.

I exploited my decision to go 24/7 mercilessly to avoid this scenario.  In my 50s, my bladder was wrecking my sleep although that's not the whole reason I took to diapers permanently.   I've still had the odd wrecked night because i had to get up for one thing or another but most nights I don't have to.  The consequence with respect to peeing has been pretty much the one you've so far avoided.  I don't really mind though.  It's mostly pretty comfortable and I'd be wet by morning anyway...

If you are following the usual pattern, it is not your bladder; it is your prostate. If I get up and go to the bathroom to wet, then I come to full wakefulness and I am up for the duration. I, and most persons, awaken in stages. If I can do my duty and jumpback into bed before I awake fully, I can return to sleep. When I was younger, that was no problem I could either hold it for the night otr if need be, get up, go downstairs to the bathroom, come back up to the bedroom (where I used to live until I was 42) and goback to bed with no problems Even 25 years ago I could do that

12 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

If you are following the usual pattern, it is not your bladder; it is your prostate.

Yes, I believe you are most likely correct here.  I used the term "bladder" as a colloquial label.  Prostate cancer killed my grandfather and my own father (old, but still alive) has it.  I have very regular PSA checks because of this.  So far they are normal but of course prostate enlargement is a co-incident factor and I think that's definitely there.

I understand the concern over prostrate issues when in family history, I too have had to deal with that and see a urologist regularlly as a result.  I already have had one procedure done to reduce the size of it significantly, and that in combination with some type 2 diabetes has left me with little feeling of control about when it is time to go.  For several years now I have had to use pads during the day to catch the before if I don't get there in time, and the after dripping especially if I do not sit and wait for things to stop completely.  To avoid using more protection during the day, I stay close to a toilet, using it every 30-40 minutes. More recently I have had some issues in bed, and now with my wife's blessings, I am wearing a thin diaper with a waterproof pant over it every night.  Seems like it gets used 2-3 times per week already.   

Every visit I have with my urologist, I discuss this, and he advises that with the combination of things I have going on, I should expect it to get worse over time, not better. The point of this is that the prostrate is a tricky thing, and any surgery done on it no matter how minimal, will probably damage some nerves and lead to a level of incontinence, something probably worse if there are other circumstances like I described.