LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Would I still want to wear diapers if I had been allowed to wear them when I was a kid?

mewtwo

So when I was 5 years old I was at a daycare and saw another kid who looked to be the same age as me get his diaper changed. They would change the kids in diapers in front of everyone else in the living room. Since I saw him I wanted to wear a diaper and be changed. I thought "if he gets to wear a diaper why cant I". Anywho I am curious on your thoughts? If I was allowed to wear a diaper and be changed etc would I not like wearing them now? Or would it have not gone away? I know this is at best a guess and such but I am still curious.

I can’t say how you might have felt, if things were different. But, I doubt you would have shook the feelings. 
As for myself, I know even as a child about 3, I liked diapers, especially plastic pants. I never got over the feelings I have, they never left me. 

I kind of had a similar experience during kindergarten in the 90s.

In my section, blue, ( we had 4 different departments ranging red, yellow, green and blue, where red was the under 1yo and blue being 3+) me and my friend was jealous of this kid wearing diapers, because then he didn't have to use the bathroom. They did have a private changingroom, so it was as discreet as kindergartens go, as far as child-me knew. We never saw other children getting changed in the open, but we could see the bag of diapers ontop of the counter.

After talking to my friend, we had the conclusion that both of us wanted to put on diapers, because then we didn't have to think about going to the bathroom during playtime in the yard. We talked about who'd pick them up from the counter and get them.  I chickened out, and had him steal them instead. After "the perfect crime" was completed, he ended up throwing them into a nearby bush, and we both ran away. We never talked about the incident again.

Maybe this story is out of line, but it is maybe one of the earliest memories i have concerning diapers. Maybe this is one of the reasons i like to wear them today, i don't know.

Our brains are usually shaped during experiences through our childhood, and maybe this might be one of the reasons why i indulge in this kink.

I think we are influence by what we see as kids. A lad in our ass always had a wet patch in his shorts and seemed totally oblivious to it. I started wetting my self deiberately to be ike him.

• Like 1

I can't remember my infant days too well, like flash pictures,,,, I do remember being in a wet diaper a lot. Mostly because my Dad had to work, and we were with baby sitters. My dad divorced my mom and took us when I was probably 2 yrs old. I do admire him for trying to take on 3 kids, my sister was I'm guessing 5-6. so I think she had to help the sitter, I don't remember the wet diaper as being a bad thing,,,, probably part of why I Love being wet now.

I don't really remember anything from my childhood
My only memories are from pictures and stories i have been told 
My grandmom has better memory than me when it comes to my childhood 

I wore diapers day and night until I was 4 1/2 and every night until I was 10. I liked being in diapers then and always have. I love that I need diapers every night again and I'm in diapers almost full time during the day too. So I guess for me the answer is no. Being in diapers for a long time as a kid didn't stop me from wanting diapers and being a baby now.

As a kid i was the early bird. Potty trained by 30 months and into underwear. I started liking diapers again whe i was 14 and i would wear my youngest brothers diapers under my shorts to pee and poop. Back in those days parents would not understand, and would put a label on you. I do wish that diapers were with me longer, but its just a wish. Now a 57 year old diaper lover and I dont wish to stop ever having fun with diapers. I enjoy them as much as having a cup of coffee.

2 hours ago, philmydiaper said:

As a kid i was the early bird. Potty trained by 30 months and into underwear. I started liking diapers again whe i was 14 and i would wear my youngest brothers diapers under my shorts to pee and poop. Back in those days parents would not understand, and would put a label on you. I do wish that diapers were with me longer, but its just a wish. Now a 57 year old diaper lover and I dont wish to stop ever having fun with diapers. I enjoy them as much as having a cup of coffee.

you should always do what you enjoy. i love nappies/diapers alot and i will never stop. Its a harmless hobby and we are only here once if you don't do the things you enjoy then there is no point being here. im here for a good time, not a long time. ?

having no real memories from that early on, i can only go on what my mom and family has said throughout my life and assumptions. 

apparently, i was a real pain to potty train, a real late bloomer of sorts. the tales go that i didn't want to stop and get up from whatever i was doing. whether it was watching tv (back when PBS had many more shows on, also no real commercial breaks! plus i discovered how to work the vcr lol), playing with my toys or out in the yard, eating, snoozing, etc. i don't exactly know if i thought they were just convenient, or i really enjoyed them. perhaps both, considering i stole my brother's diapers and/or pull-ups at least once in my recollection. i do remember being happy when i put it on...and being beyond embarrassed when my parents found me wearing them (i was possibly 4 or 5 at the time, don't exactly know). i can recall wetting the bed a few times, but that's really about it. i remember i hated waking up all wet, cold and smelly then going to wake up mom or dad and have them freshen me and my bed at whenever the hell in the middle of the night. 

so, i'm going to say most probably yes, i would still enjoy them today if i had worn them more when i was younger. i don't think i ever really stopped liking diapers, i just took a hiatus from age 5 to my early/mid teens :P 

So I don't have a time machine, so there's no way for me to know for sure, but for as long as I can remember I've wanted to wear diapers. Since I started collage actually had the opportunity/guts to buy diapers my desire to wear diapers hasn't gone away. This leads me to believe that my desire to be little has always been with me and will always be with me. As such, I think that being able to wear diapers as a kid would have been helpful for my mental health, self-confidence, shame, etc. but wouldn't have changed who I am today.

Well, I have a vague memory, but not sure if they are related or if the diaper part was when I was older
I don't remember this, but I have been told many times that i shit myself in kindergarten, grandma thinks that's a funny story..  as she picked me up and took me home
When it was time for bed my mom put me in a diaper, just in case, this I kinda remember 

I can't remember if I had a diaper fetish the first years at school and don't think that popped up until in my late teens 
I bought my first diaper pack when I moved out in my 20s

On 8/3/2020 at 9:07 AM, foreverdl said:

I can't remember my infant days too well, like flash pictures,,,, I do remember being in a wet diaper a lot. Mostly because my Dad had to work, and we were with baby sitters. My dad divorced my mom and took us when I was probably 2 yrs old. I do admire him for trying to take on 3 kids, my sister was I'm guessing 5-6. so I think she had to help the sitter, I don't remember the wet diaper as being a bad thing,,,, probably part of why I Love being wet now.

I was in nappies until I was 5 and more often than not I was wet. It never bothered me at all.

I had a younger sister and cousin in diapers while I was already out of them. I would so often see them getting changed pretty much in front of me. Being a child myself they didnt mind doing it this way. I loved the thick crinkly white plastic diapers we all wore. This was early 70s Pampers type that were all white . So very often I would be kinda jealous seeing them get diapered . I would miss the crinkly sound of them as mom would unfold them and the snug fastening of the tapes. So if for some crazy reason I was allowed to be changed into one  I know for sure Id still want to wear them today. I do still wear and I make sure they are all white thick plastic ones every time. Still love the crinkly sound and the tapes getting fastened on good and snug nowadays!

• 2 weeks later...

I became interested in plastic baby pants and plastic backed diapers about puberty. Found some super size plastic toddler plastic baby pants that fit me through high school. The diapers at that time seem larger then today’s but I never tried hem on. They probably would have fit.

My first memory is me telling my Mum that I’d rather wear a nappy & plastic pants than use the toilet (I was around three years old and she was packing them away as my little brother was clean)

I had this interest from that early on and if I had been allowed to wear them then I don’t believe that it would have ‘cured’ me......once a DL, always a DL ?

I’ve been infatuated with diapers and have had my own stash for most of the years away from home.

In 5th grade I had a fainting spells- one day I fainted in the bathroom and woke up on the changing table across the hall- I woke up to shelves of diapers that I could not use.

yep, when i was a little kid I was very infatuated with diapers. Any big kid I saw wearing a diaper or getting changed, I get jealous. I wanted to wear those diapers too, I even had the urge to steal them from sometimes. There was this changing room in my elementary school that is full of diapers.

I think the answer to that for most people would be yes.  I don't think we would get this diaper fetish if we were not wearing them either at a young age or had something trigger our brains into trying them.  I got my diaper fetish before I turned 5 years old because I had to wear them to bed every night for bedwetting.  I think the longer a kid wears diapers the more likely they are to develop a diaper fetish.  Therefore, if a kid had been allowed to wear diapers, the more likely they would develop a fetish for them that lasts a lifetime and will continue to want to wear them for the rest of their life.  The more they wear, the deeper the fetish gets ingrained in their minds.