LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

Who has gone over to the damp side, 24/7/365, or at least 24/7 for a significant period, and what was it like? Have you made a complete break with big people undies? What were those first few days and weeks like? Any unexpected problems or rewards? Have you managed to stick with it, do you go back and forth, or have you had to abandoned the diaper dream? Do family & friends know, or have you been diapered on the down low?  I may have a chance this summer to live full-time in diapers for a few weeks, and I'm trying to think of what I need to prepare for and what issues might crop up. Thanks for your thoughts. 

• Like 2

Been 24/7 for a long time now, no breaks other than not peeing in diaper some times, but always wearing

I wear boxers over my diaper, to keep it up and hide it from friends and family, but just going to the store etc. I usually just put pants over the diaper

Looking forward to the summer when I'll go hiking in diapers and maybe sleep out under the stars (no tent)

• Like 3

I personally did, but with a few changes to what people might assume to be a true 24/7.
For starters, I don't want to be incontinent.  I want to make sure that I still have control, so I only use my diapers when I feel its good to do so.  If that means I'm waiting until the end of a work day, or until I get back from errands, I wait.  I also opt to use the toilet at work when really needed (especially for messing) because admittedly that's a hassle I'm not willing to deal with at work.

So my general day-to-day is a Molicare diaper overnight, a pull-up during the workday, then change back into a diaper after work.  My immediate biggest problem was wearing 24/7 with a very physical day-job.  That's why I opted for pull ups and using the restroom when needed for ease.

On a good day, I get lucky and don't feel the urge to go #2 until I get home in the afternoon.  That way I have plenty of time to shower!  That's the first big hurdle in my book; how to handle that portion of diaper-wearing.  Otherwise I find the smell control of wetting not too bad as long as I change and shower regularly.  Cleaning your skin and keeping clean-shaven is a plus.

There are very few people I've told.  My partner, and a few knowing/trusting friends.  My Daddy Dom and partner both love to pat my diapers among other things.  I've been lucky and so far haven't had major leaks.   I cannot stress enough bringing emergency pants (in a similar colour if you can) everywhere.  In a bag/car/etc., as well as a mat in case you leak before getting in your car.

• Like 4

24/7 for over 7 yeas now and completely OK with it. Most of my family and friends know I wear nappies and am incontinent. I haven't had any real problems and it is just part of life now.

• Like 2

I mostly want to be incontinent for reasons below and I have worn 24/7 for a long time, but I wont come out of the closet any time soon

If I were incontinent, I would get free diapers and telling it to family wouldn't be so bad and I think that would make me more free and lift a burden off my shoulders 

You might have a look at my thread 'strange days indeed' in the lifestyle discussion.  2.5 months 24x7.  I am more DL than AB.  I am on a break overseas right now but considering resuming 24x7 on my return

• Like 1

You're likely hit all sorts of problems if you go from occasional wearing to full-time wearing.  There's a lot to learn.  I went at it more gradually, & spent more time learning what works, what doesn't, & what made me feel comfortable.  Once I made the decision I wanted to wear full-time I suppose I spent about 6 months increasing my wearing (& working out how to get my wife more comfortable with it too).  Since last September I've been wearing all day every day for all my wetting.  I'm in cloth nappies nearly all the time now as well.  Overnight I'm still not wearing unless Mummy is away, but I'm working on that too.

What to sort out?  Well here are a few things it took me time to resolve:

• Reducing the risk of leaks from "sometimes" to "hardly ever"
  • Knowing how to dispose of (or wash & dry) used nappies, & feeling comfortable with this
  • Being comfortable wearing no matter who you're with or what you're doing
  • Keeping your nappies discreet no matter who you're with or what you're doing, so nobody will notice
  • Learning how to find somewhere to change
  • Feeling comfortable with changing in all sort of places, including places with no lock on the door (eg the houses of friends & relatives)
  • Learning how long you can wear your chosen nappy before it will need changing

There will be loads more but that's all that were at the top of my head just now. Me?  I'm very comfortable with it now, & intend to stay in nappies for the rest of my life.  I'm walking to the pub today with Binkie (doggie) for lunch & a couple of pints.  I should manage that with a 5-mile walk without needing a change until I get back home.  But that's only because I've already learned how to do it, & learned not to worry about it either.

Good luck with it, and make sure you enjoy it!

• Like 1

Being diapered 24/7 at first can be daunting, but after a while it simply becomes part of your daily life you stop worrying about changing in public and carrying a used diaper out of the bathroom stall for disposal.  Just remember to allways have spare diapers and a change of clothes with you at all times near by. Just remember no matter how discrete you are at some point in time people will find out you wear diapers after 4 years of wearing it no longer bothers me if some one finds out or if a store does a bag check and some one sees my diaper as its all part of wearing 24/7 and dealing with incontinence.

Update: as part of my preparation, I spent this entire weekend from Friday morning in a diaper, day, night, with friends, out in public, part of it at an event. I was content to just wear diapers and to wet here and there; I never went messy because it would have been conspicuous and inconvenient. I wore some very slim Depends tab diapers rather than an ABDL diaper or cloth because they're easier to conceal. I admire those of you who have committed to 24/7 and thank you for your input. The next step for me is to see if I can go for a week with no undies. One further question: how do you folks handle exercise? I run and I am in marital arts. I have no idea what running would be like - I tried it while diapered years ago and had all sorts of chafing issues, but that was also while wearing a very ill-fitting Goodnights pullup so maybe a decent diaper would be better. As for martial arts, I am trying to imagine what to wear there that would go unnoticed. I may need to cheat or at least wear boxers over my diaper of choice. In a few minutes I am going to see my doctor and I'm wrestling with whether to wear a diaper, and I also have a meeting at a client's office this afternoon... hmmm. 

26+ years diapered , I only wear disposables for going out & travel ,at home it stick to cloth with plastic pants rubber bloomers for sleeping and I have had some custom PUL made on my pattern for pull on' s.

In cloth wet is wet and wet is everywhere ,the entire diaper is absorbent not just the front back center deal .if your newly into diapers my suggestions:

1. get a barrier cream,this is not rash cream ,barrier cream seals your skin and prevents the possibility of getting a rash .

2. If you like the smell of baby power use it on your body,not your diaper area, large amounts will cake up and get nasty ,causing uneven absorption of your diaper, same goes with getting crazy with petroleum or Destin type stuff it will block the pores of the top sheet causing uneven and sometimes leaks ( in many diapers it will also cause the glue to fail damaging leak guards and causing the Lyra bands to rub you the wrong way .

3.AIr Time , those of us who are IC spend a portion of everyday "airing out",it promotes skin health and prevents fungal rash problems. You can get Monistat cream Gyne lotrimin for women to use on your junk if you get one, i prefer the toe jam foot spray ,its very sothing and when sprayed on ,cools it down.

4. Go in with your eyes open diapers leak ,be prepared for it ,got some plastic pants(in your case I would say go straight to PUL,Ìts harder wearing than plastic ,and you can throw it in the washer ,anytime with your other clothes .

5. Before you wear them out in public fill them up at home , know your diapers limits what it feels like ,approximately how much it holds before failing .you can thank me later ,by not getting into trouble with blowouts .

6. Get some onesies they provide unbeatable support(very little diaper sagging, and enhance concealment should you be bending reaching stretching ,or your shirt decides to just be a prick and ride up ,your still covered.

7. Don't switch brands around get one and stay with it ,know it like your name .it helps with concealment people have "change blindness" if you keep the same diaper brand , A. you don't make mistakes in absorption and performance , B. People rapidly recognize your "normal" shape ,switching between diapers will change your "normal" look , you risk telling the whole office somethings wrong or different ,and risk outing yourself.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There are so many things you deal with being padded permanently even after wearing diapers fulltime for two years I still feel I have not figured it all out yet.

This biggest thing to understand is all of us experience different things both physically and mentally when it comes to wearing diapers all the time.  Only you know your level of commitment, your desire to wear diapers, and how being diapered all the time will effect your personal life.

Things will change for you but your life does not have to.  I have been able to accomplish everything I did before wearing diapers while wearing diapers permanently.  I swim, I fish, I arrowhead hunt, I go to the doctors, etc.  You do have to plan things more than you ever have before but overtime this becomes a daily routine. You adapt to these changes and eventually wearing diapers permanently becomes a normal part of your life.

@Cruiser 03 explained to you his personal experience from wearing diapers permanently.  A lot of what I experience is very different from him.  I am always in a disposable diaper and honestly do not need any "air time" as my skin overtime has toughened to the point that I seldom get diaper rash. If I do, I simply soak in a warm bath and then apply some Calmoseptine ointment and by the next morning my rash is almost always gone. You will find that you too will differ.  One diaper rash cream will work better for you than another. A particular brand of diaper will fit you best. The important thing here is to take the time to experiment and figure out what personally works best for you before you begin your permanently padded journey.

Wearing diapers all the time does not have to be all or nothing. Start out slow. Wear diapers for a weekend, then progress to a week, then a month.  You will find out fairly quickly if wearing diapers all the time will work for you and your life.

If you stay committed to wearing diapers all the time you can expect that your potty training more than likely will gradually diminish to the point that you will no longer have a choice but to wear diapers. You need to think long and hard about this because you could very well reach a point where there is no turning back even if you desire to.

To answer your question about working out and physical activity while wearing diapers all the time it can be quite difficult. Running long distances while wearing a diaper unfortunately do not fit together so well.  Wearing compression pants or fixing pants to keep your diaper nice and tight against your skin can help prevent chafing when you are performing physical activity. You may find it to be easier to get your cardio workout by riding a stationary bike.

If you search the incontinence desires forum you will find a ton of information on this subject matter. It's important that you take time to read opinions from those who do not wear diapers all the time because they generally look at the situation unbiasedly.  @rusty pins is one of the best at highlighting the cons of being diapered permanently. Before starting my journey to being permanently padded I definitely read everything he had to say. It's good to stop and pause to think about things before you dive into the deep end.  In the end although what he shared with me was insightful I still knew that wearing diapers permanently was the best for me.

Also people around you do not have to know. Recently I've come out of the diaper closet with three of my closest friends who I spend the most time with. I was always diapered in front of them but none of them ever had a clue. They have even told me even now that they know I wear diapers all the time that they cannot tell I'm wearing one. I do believe overtime that sharing being diaper especially with those closest to you is very beneficial and will allow you to be comfortable around those you love being who you truly are.

I could honestly go on forever with this subject but unfortunately it is time for dinner. Feel free to PM if you desire to ask me specific questions. May all your padded dreams come true.

• Like 3

I can't add much to what has already been said, but I would like to emphasize that like learning anything else, you are going to make mistakes and you must be prepared for them. That makes how you learn important. You should do all your testing at home or where leakage or failure isn't a huge problem. You should also home-test one or two diapers from every new batch to be certain there are no hidden flaws like pinholes. Only tested diapers go past your front door and remember to emulate the movements you'll make outside of home in testing as that matters. This gives you the best chance of avoiding public problems.

Also expect to run through every possible feeling and emotion in the early stages, especially worry and fear. Time will help you work your way through those but initially it will pre-occupy you to an unbelievable degree. You're going to be in the bathroom more than ever before because you'll think you're leaking when you're not but you'll have to go check anyway before you learn to be confident in your diaper's abilities. You're also going to find your mind running wild with "OMG- did they see/hear/figure out that I'm wearing diapers?" and that's going to show far more than your diapers will unless you learn to control it. No matter what your mind tells you, focus on not believing it until someone most positively and with no possible doubt discovers you're diapered. Know that this is going to happen someday but also know that almost nobody would ever say one word about it unless you say something first. Really, discovery is not going to be a problem unless you make it into one because everyone will presume you're wearing for incontinence and of course that's something hardly anyone wants to talk about.

Probably the biggest issue you'll ever have is with intimate relationships and this can be a huge problem there. Many people will not be able to deal with it and after wearing and using diapers over an extended time it's highly unlikely that you will ever be ale to stop needing them. So unless you're wiling to carry this baggage forever into every part of your life just keep things recreational instead. But if you happen to be one of us who truly needs this, then you'll soon figure that out and the sooner you get your life working around being in diapers, the better life will be for you.

Bettypooh

• Thanks 1
On 4/1/2019 at 8:58 AM, Little Sherri said:

Update: as part of my preparation, I spent this entire weekend from Friday morning in a diaper, day, night, with friends, out in public, part of it at an event. I was content to just wear diapers and to wet here and there; I never went messy because it would have been conspicuous and inconvenient. I wore some very slim Depends tab diapers rather than an ABDL diaper or cloth because they're easier to conceal. I admire those of you who have committed to 24/7 and thank you for your input. The next step for me is to see if I can go for a week with no undies. One further question: how do you folks handle exercise? I run and I am in marital arts. I have no idea what running would be like - I tried it while diapered years ago and had all sorts of chafing issues, but that was also while wearing a very ill-fitting Goodnights pullup so maybe a decent diaper would be better. As for martial arts, I am trying to imagine what to wear there that would go unnoticed. I may need to cheat or at least wear boxers over my diaper of choice. In a few minutes I am going to see my doctor and I'm wrestling with whether to wear a diaper, and I also have a meeting at a client's office this afternoon... hmmm. 

That sounds like a good start and what you should do.  With almost everything you should try it first and for an extended period so you will know in all types of situations if it is right for you.  Just like buying a car, who buys one without taking it for a test drive and to be checked out by their mechanic first to see if it will work and meet their needs. 

Not everyone is the same.  Some who have gone 24/7/365 are not into sports or physical work outs.  As you said, "I run and I am in marital arts. I have no idea what running would be like - I tried it while diapered years ago and had all sorts of chafing issues, but that was also while wearing a very ill-fitting Goodnights pullup so maybe a decent diaper would be better. As for martial arts, I am trying to imagine what to wear there that would go unnoticed. I may need to cheat or at least wear boxers over my diaper of choice".

You should do with your running and martial arts the same thing you did this past weekend.  Give wearing diapers the same tests while running and doing your martial arts. Go out over time running in samples of all the different brands and types of diapers you may plan on wearing 24/7.  Thick premium ones, thinner more discreet ones, plastic pants over them if that may be part of your future plans.  You could probably do that around the neighborhood easily without people suspecting you have a diaper on, but if your plan is to go 24/7, then just do it no matter who is around.  After all, if you go 24/7, you will not have an option on who passes you by and who sees you anytime in the future.  This will let you know if you continue to have chafing problems or any other types of problems like sagging, blow outs, tapes coming lose, whatever.  It also gives you a chance to try things to correct those problems in the future, like a onesie to prevent sagging or a cream to help prevent chafing.  

Likewise, if you can do a good practice workout at home several times with your martial arts moves while in all the different types of diapers you might be using in the future, I say do it!  Give yourself a real good workout as that is the real test.  Remember it's not all about how noticeable your diapers are while running or doing your martial arts move, although that is a part of it to consider.  Your main goal is to assess your comfort while doing these things in diapers.  If you are not used to doing these things in diapers, it may take time for your body to become hardened to the stress your diapers may place on areas of your skin.  Maybe eventually those areas might toughen up and they won't tend to chafe so much. 

If eventually over time you just can't get used to the feelings of doing these things while wearing diapers, you may have to reconsider  and give in to special activities where doing them diapered would cause more harm or discomfort that doing them when not diapered.  That might also apply to doing martial arts in competition with others at the gym or Do Jo where doing these moves would make it very obvious that you are in diapers or take the edge off your performance, depending on your comfort level around people and any hindrance to your moves possibly caused by the diaper.  In most situations wearing 24/7 discreetly is not a problem, but in those cases where interacting in front of a group one on one with someone while doing your martial arts makes it undeniable that you are in diapers, how do you feel about that?

The one good thing about wearing 24/7 is you don't actually have to be incontinent to do so, although that is the goal of many people here.  You may find that a compromise is to wear 24/7 but still go without a diaper in those special circumstances like doing your martial arts.  It's not cheating if you do that.  You are only making a concession now and then for comfort and discretion with close interaction in public in regular situations that happen now and then.  As long as your 24/7 wearing doesn't actually lead to your losing control, I see no reason why you can't make an exception for certain situations for discretion and comfort with excersizes and workouts that could cause chafing and public outing of you wearing diapers.

There are so many things you deal with being padded permanently even after wearing diapers fulltime for two years I still feel I have not figured it all out yet.
This biggest thing to understand is all of us experience different things both physically and mentally when it comes to wearing diapers all the time.  Only you know your level of commitment, your desire to wear diapers, and how being diapered all the time will effect your personal life.
Things will change for you but your life does not have to.  I have been able to accomplish everything I did before wearing diapers while wearing diapers permanently.  I swim, I fish, I arrowhead hunt, I go to the doctors, etc.  You do have to plan things more than you ever have before but overtime this becomes a daily routine. You adapt to these changes and eventually wearing diapers permanently becomes a normal part of your life.
[mention=31088]Cruiser 03[/mention] explained to you his personal experience from wearing diapers permanently.  A lot of what I experience is very different from him.  I am always in a disposable diaper and honestly do not need any "air time" as my skin overtime has toughened to the point that I seldom get diaper rash. If I do, I simply soak in a warm bath and then apply some Calmoseptine ointment and by the next morning my rash is almost always gone. You will find that you too will differ.  One diaper rash cream will work better for you than another. A particular brand of diaper will fit you best. The important thing here is to take the time to experiment and figure out what personally works best for you before you begin your permanently padded journey.
Wearing diapers all the time does not have to be all or nothing. Start out slow. Wear diapers for a weekend, then progress to a week, then a month.  You will find out fairly quickly if wearing diapers all the time will work for you and your life.
If you stay committed to wearing diapers all the time you can expect that your potty training more than likely will gradually diminish to the point that you will no longer have a choice but to wear diapers. You need to think long and hard about this because you could very well reach a point where there is no turning back even if you desire to.
To answer your question about working out and physical activity while wearing diapers all the time it can be quite difficult. Running long distances while wearing a diaper unfortunately do not fit together so well.  Wearing compression pants or fixing pants to keep your diaper nice and tight against your skin can help prevent chafing when you are performing physical activity. You may find it to be easier to get your cardio workout by riding a stationary bike.
 If you search the incontinence desires forum you will find a ton of information on this subject matter. It's important that you take time to read opinions from those who do not wear diapers all the time because they generally look at the situation unbiasedly.  [mention=3669]rusty pins[/mention] is one of the best at highlighting the cons of being diapered permanently. Before starting my journey to being permanently padded I definitely read everything he had to say. It's good to stop and pause to think about things before you dive into the deep end.  In the end although what he shared with me was insightful I still knew that wearing diapers permanently was the best for me.
Also people around you do not have to know. Recently I've come out of the diaper closet with three of my closest friends who I spend the most time with. I was always diapered in front of them but none of them ever had a clue. They have even told me even now that they know I wear diapers all the time that they cannot tell I'm wearing one. I do believe overtime that sharing being diaper especially with those closest to you is very beneficial and will allow you to be comfortable around those you love being who you truly are.
I could honestly go on forever with this subject but unfortunately it is time for dinner. Feel free to PM if you desire to ask me specific questions. May all your padded dreams come true.
@Marksmith honestly after 26+ years my skin is tougher than a John Wayne war movie . However the OP technically has "newborn skin" ,I don't like to see "newborns" have a bad experience, so i tend to be "ovèr protective" and would rather they make the transition to "hard skin" with as few potholes in the road as possible .

If your wearing disposable diapers they typically do a better job with moisture management than do cloth , however even with disposables yeast infections are a real threat ,in long term care (aka nursing homes ) it used to be so common they buy cheap ass diapers and expensive anti fungal chemicals they use at every diaper change on patients ( it's easier to use an expensive chemical then to give patients proper care).

So I agree ,experiences can be different , it also makes a big difference wether you mess.

The acids in urine and feces are bad separately but combined they become bad news. That has alot of impact on things also.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Cruiser 03 said:

@Marksmith honestly after 26+ years my skin is tougher than a John Wayne war movie . However the OP technically has "newborn skin" ,I don't like to see "newborns" have a bad experience, so i tend to be "ovèr protective" and would rather they make the transition to "hard skin" with as few potholes in the road as possible .

If your wearing disposable diapers they typically do a better job with moisture management than do cloth , however even with disposables yeast infections are a real threat ,in long term care (aka nursing homes ) it used to be so common they buy cheap ass diapers and expensive anti fungal chemicals they use at every diaper change on patients ( it's easier to use an expensive chemical then to give patients proper care).

So I agree ,experiences can be different , it also makes a big difference wether you mess.

The acids in urine and feces are bad separately but combined they become bad news. That has alot of impact on things also.

I completely agree if you plan to wear diapers the rest of your life, especially disposable diapers, you need to buy premium ones.  Interestingly, the only time I have had a fungal infection wearing disposables was while wearing Rearz brand.  

I also completely agree the business you do in your diaper matters.  I wear diapers permanently but at this time I only want my baldder unpotty trained.  However, my entire life I have fought anal leakage so wearing diapers permanently definitely has its benifits for my actual physical incontinence issues.  When I began my journey my intentions were to become dual incontinent but my wife begged me to only become pee pee untrained.  She has sacrificed so much when it comes to being married to someone who needs to be in a diaper I decided to leave my bowels alone for her.  Personally, I believe being fully fecal incontinent would be a whole new barrage of shit (no pun intended) to deal with.

@Cruiser 03 I do not want you to take my post the wrong way....everything you said is wonderful insight.  I just want all newborns to know that what works best for them may not be what works best for Cruiser or Mark.  It is SO important that you as an individual take the time to experiment what works best for you with guidance from us John Wayne diaper wearing movie stars.

• Like 1

Fascinating input, thank you everyone. It is Wednesday now, and I have been in diapers since Friday morning. I wore a Tena breathable to martial arts - I was instructing and didn't participate in any fighting, but true to what some of you alluded to, I definitely was using about 30% of my processing power in the background, trying to figure out if my diaper was showing or not. I went to a doctors appointment in a pretty wet diaper (no in-trouser work required), somewhat by accident - I had planned to go home and possibly go without a diaper on, but I was running late and had to make do. It went fine and I realized that I had built it up in my head for no reason. I think the take-away from all this is that very few people are paying attention to my butt, which is probably a good thing. 

I should emphasize for the sake of honesty that I am "wearing" diapers, rather than living in diapers, at the moment, IE, I am being selective about use, no messes, and am allowing myself potty privileges if my diaper is past 50% and I'm not in a position to swap my diaper any time soon. One thing this experiment has done is emphasize for me how much I am enjoying this, how "right" I feel. I am also happy to report that I can quickly settle into normal social interactions and just be myself - one concern I had was that being diapered might cause me to be less myself, less confident, less forward, something detectable. I don't want to impose this strange fetish on other people, I simply want to be the same person I always have been, while wearing a diaper. 

I may go buy a car tonight with a diaper on - another new experience. Wish me luck, and thanks again for the feedback. 

Here we are a week later, and I'm running laundry, which is somewhat of a "report card" on how my experiment is going. Specifically, I'm talking about the undie tally: one. One pair of boxers, which I actually wore over a diaper, out of an abundance of caution going out for dinner and a movie with an old friend. I have been wearing diapers consistently since last Friday morning, so eight days. I expect that number to tick up probably next week, because I'm off exercising & martial arts right now (other than instructing) due to an injury. I haven't figured out how to run and/or fight wearing a diaper, and I'm wary of experimentation, because I run long distances, and a diaper that either blows apart, or, starts cutting into me, would end the run, and in the case of severe chafing, might put me off running again for a few days. One thing I have learned: I need more onesies for sure. I am all about onesies - they are a diapered person's best friend. I need some black ones. 

Another lesson: as much as I love big puffy crinkly ABDL diapers that can last all day and look cute and that never let you forget for a moment that you might be big on the outside, but you're little on the inside, they unfortunately have minimal application in day-to-day life for me. I have found Depends to be the slimmest and the most comfortable, although they are loud under anything but jeans or khakis. They require slight modification in the application of pieces of white duct tape to create a landing zone for the tapes - otherwise, these are one shot and done diapers, although they do keep you honest, because they aren't otherwise coming off intact. Not very trustworthy, however. Pack a few. The Tena breathable diapers are the least cute, although their construction is actually very much like that of a modern baby diaper, appearance aside. They are silent, however, not too bulky, and the tapes can be repositioned. I find the leg elastics can get irritating after a while, but maybe I will build up a tolerance for this if my nether region skin toughens up. I am travelling this week and I will get to spend at least one night in a high-end diaper, probably a Magnifico.

I’m incontinent and have been wearing diapers 24/7/365 for over 30 years. I started out wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants but switched to disposables once they became reliable enough to wear without too many worries about leaks. I always wear snug underpants over my diaper to provide a bit of support when the diaper is wet. I’m fortunate to have tough skin. I clean my diaper with baby wipes whenever I change, but I’ve never had a problem with diaper rash that didn’t clear up in a day or two when I applied one of the ointments recommended for babies. For the past year or so, I’ve been wearing BetterDry. Diapers have become so much a part of my life that I’d feel naked if I was just wearing regular underwear.

• Like 1

I used to run long distances, but never tried to do that in a nappy.  The chafing would have stopped me - I got chafing enough in hot or wet weather without wearing nappies.  Once I packed my running career in, that meant I could wear all the time, during the day anyway.  I still do long hikes though, & can manage 20 mile days in the hills nappied.  I've found that a Tena pullup and polyurethane pants work best for me.  If I'd decided to try running in a nappy I'd definitely have gone with a Tena pullup, & plenty of BodyGlide.  Not sure it would have worked though.

On 4/6/2019 at 4:42 PM, adhb said:

I’m incontinent and have been wearing diapers 24/7/365 for over 30 years. I started out wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants but switched to disposables once they became reliable enough to wear without too many worries about leaks. I always wear snug underpants over my diaper to provide a bit of support when the diaper is wet. I’m fortunate to have tough skin. I clean my diaper with baby wipes whenever I change, but I’ve never had a problem with diaper rash that didn’t clear up in a day or two when I applied one of the ointments recommended for babies. For the past year or so, I’ve been wearing BetterDry. Diapers have become so much a part of my life that I’d feel naked if I was just wearing regular underwear.

I wouldn't feel right not wearing nappies now.

one thing to keep in mind is thin diapers may be more discreet thickness wise but if you have a full flood you may find the diaper does not absorb and wick quickly enough and you will have a leak, premium diapers are thicker but with the proper choice of clothes are not noticeable at all and you can relax and trust your diaper to do its job. My dads PSW’s always notice how well his diapers work vrs other clients they deal with that are wearing cheaper thinner retail brand diapers that all ways leak. I guess my dad was lucky as I became incontinent before he did and he did not have to hg through the trials and errors I did he started with a diaper he can trust. 

Good point about being able to trust the diaper. I tend to wear thinner diapers out of the house and the trust really isn't there. On the other hand, rocking a Magnifico or a Princess Pink would present another category of anxieties, because while they wouldn't leak, they would be harder to cover up. I have to develop more confidence and maybe also expand my wardrobe if I want to wear really nice diapers and be out and about. Update: this is day 10 of my living in diapers experiment. So far, I have been able to stay true to my goal of wearing 24/7, although I am not using 24/7 - I allow myself potty privileges, but, I try not to go potty unless absolutely necessary (I consider anything in the #2 category to pretty much be be a potty necessity, at least in public). Ran into a snag in a public washroom today, wearing a thin Depends with a bit of mileage already on it; I was going to be in a car dealership for a couple of hours so I didn't want to have issues. However, I was wearing a onesie - I went in and unsnapped the onesie and started using the facilities, but right then everybody  in the place seemed to get the same idea, and they came into that washroom almost at the same time, so I had to move in close to try and hide the diaper, and,  there was no way to fasten the onesie back up. I had to go back later to put things right. Still, small potatoes compared with what some of you have shared with me! 

Update: I am on day two of a business trip, and I took only diapers with me, no other underwear. This was definitely flying without a safety net, which I find somewhat thrilling. I also have to not let it distract me - I actually have real work to do. Getting up this morning and having only a choice of a couple of diapers once I got out of my night diaper was interesting - I have never been "stuck" in this position before! Today would be day 13 of 24/7 being in diapers.