LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Northshorecare MegaMax

On 11/30/2020 at 10:44 PM, NorthShoreAdam said:

Brian,

Thanks for the kind feedback. Just one correction...We have not yet found a factory that can make MegaMax in USA. It's a goal to have our own production factory in USA but price tag is about $100 million so we are a ways away unfortunately. We did hire our own team in china to supervise quality control and production to avoid the quality issues of the past as best we can. But, MegaMax still is made in China right now and still subject to tariffs and also outrageous shipping prices. Covid has caused major challenges for all shipping companies to keep up with added ecommerce and PPE and prices of shipping from China has doubled in the last year on top of the tariffs we still are required to pay USA government at customs.

@NorthShoreAdam

I look forward to the day when Northshore Care can do the diapers that they want in the US - I know that it can be crazy with all the tariffs and import duties and stuff, and that you still have to pay whatever you do when you also have to pay the US Government - This Pandemic has really damaged the reputation of the US as well, because instead of helping us move forward, it seems that we have alienated our overseas neighbors because of actions that were taken before and during the pandemic - Maybe in a new White House, we can get the economy moving, and put some MONEY in everybody's pockets:  Which I HOPE will be able to help the businesses that are VITAL to our continued survival.

Thank You for correction:  I must have thought that you were making Megamax in the US Now - I do hope that whatever happens, we can have the Government eventually relax some of these tariffs, and keep a tight watch on them.  Its too bad that people that need the products (like me and others) who rely on them, have to be subjected to high tariffs and shipping costs, but I am glad that you have your own teams in China to deal with Quality Control.  

Here's to a Better Year in 2021 - and thank You for what you have done for me and others ;) 

Brian

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 10:44 PM, NorthShoreAdam said:

Brian,

Thanks for the kind feedback. Just one correction...We have not yet found a factory that can make MegaMax in USA. It's a goal to have our own production factory in USA but price tag is about $100 million so we are a ways away unfortunately. We did hire our own team in china to supervise quality control and production to avoid the quality issues of the past as best we can. But, MegaMax still is made in China right now and still subject to tariffs and also outrageous shipping prices. Covid has caused major challenges for all shipping companies to keep up with added ecommerce and PPE and prices of shipping from China has doubled in the last year on top of the tariffs we still are required to pay USA government at customs.

Maybe you could off set that huge US start up cost? Some fine AB/DL’s may want to work in a US factory for gratis. No pay, only for diapers! ? It’s just a thought? ? 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, folks - I just found out that Northshore Megamax is now available locally (thanks, @NorthShoreAdam), and, they're offering free shipping on orders over $50 due to a previous purchase, so I'd have to go for a case of them to take advantage of that (unless I got two bags).  I am looking for sizing advice from the collective.

The medium is listed as fitting 32 - 44" waists. The large lists a range of 42 - 54". My question is, do they fit on the large side, or fit small? Should I aim for the middle of the range, or more toward the large end?

Empirically, the medium should fit me, and it undoubtedly will, but, because I apparently have unusually large legs, I often find that medium-sized diapers will encircle my waist just fine, but, the lower tabs barely make the landing zone. Whereas a large will be oversized on me in general, but, the lower tabs will make it well over toward the front panel. 

Megamaxes being, well, "Mega" and "Max", and boasting of a 6500 ml+ capacity, I imagine that they are at the bulky end of the spectrum. So, buying them in large will render them overnight diapers only, particularly while my kids are doing school from home, which will likely last for at least the month of January. If I buy them in medium, I'm assuming I could probably wear them during the day.

I'd love to hear about anyone's experience with them. I'm 5' 10" and weigh 190 lbs+, size 36 waist. Also curious as to how loud they are. 

• Like 1
On 1/8/2021 at 12:06 PM, Little Sherri said:

Hi, folks - I just found out that Northshore Megamax is now available locally (thanks, @NorthShoreAdam), and, they're offering free shipping on orders over $50 due to a previous purchase, so I'd have to go for a case of them to take advantage of that (unless I got two bags).  I am looking for sizing advice from the collective.

The medium is listed as fitting 32 - 44" waists. The large lists a range of 42 - 54". My question is, do they fit on the large side, or fit small? Should I aim for the middle of the range, or more toward the large end?

Empirically, the medium should fit me, and it undoubtedly will, but, because I apparently have unusually large legs, I often find that medium-sized diapers will encircle my waist just fine, but, the lower tabs barely make the landing zone. Whereas a large will be oversized on me in general, but, the lower tabs will make it well over toward the front panel. 

Megamaxes being, well, "Mega" and "Max", and boasting of a 6500 ml+ capacity, I imagine that they are at the bulky end of the spectrum. So, buying them in large will render them overnight diapers only, particularly while my kids are doing school from home, which will likely last for at least the month of January. If I buy them in medium, I'm assuming I could probably wear them during the day.

I'd love to hear about anyone's experience with them. I'm 5' 10" and weigh 190 lbs+, size 36 waist. Also curious as to how loud they are. 

It's likely that Medium will be best unless hips are over 44 inches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@NorthShoreAdam

I have also heard of individuals here on DD that ask if/when Northshore products will be available in the UK?  Are there any local vendors over there?  if Not, do you know if there will be a time when you may be able to sell them over there?

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

FYI--Small and Medium Black MegaMax are now in stock a thttps://www.northshorecare.com/adult-diapers/adult-diapers-with-tabs/northshore-megamax-tab-style-briefs

Large Black and S, M and L Tie-Dye are due to arrive in next couple weeks.

XL Pink, Black and Tie-Dye are being made in China now and shoudl arrive around April or so.

Note: New Black and Tie-Dye are the first MegaMax to have the new softer core and taller leak guards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I wanted to share my experience with the megamax diapers. In short after trying a few sizes and finding a good fit this diaper rocks!

Im roughly 6ft tall and 165lbs with a small belly 33in waist, otherwise fit..ish. (still trying to loose 15lbs lol)

I first tried a pack of mediums and had leaks, primarily at the back of the legs. Other than that it was a comfortable fit with plenty of room to spare.

I was hesitant to buy more but thanks to awesome customer support i was able to try the smalls. Surprisingly the core was only slightly smaller than a better dry medium. The wings are sized for a smaller fit but still accommodated me with some room to spare. In a small i was able to use the diaper to capacity without leaks!

Great product, great company!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NorthShoreAdam said:

FYI--Small and Medium Black MegaMax are now in stock a thttps://www.northshorecare.com/adult-diapers/adult-diapers-with-tabs/northshore-megamax-tab-style-briefs

XL Pink, Black and Tie-Dye are being made in China now and shoudl arrive around April or so.

Note: New Black and Tie-Dye are the first MegaMax to have the new softer core and taller leak guards.

I just ordered the blacks in small! Can’t wait!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, NorthShoreAdam said:

What's annoying is that I will need to reorder before the new Larges will be in. ?

• Sad 1

I was having issues with sizing and requested an xl sample, my waist and hip size i can fit in a large but it becomes uncomfortable but the little bit of extra length on the xl s makes it alot mot comfortable as it is already to fit more above my hip verse on my hip it does cause a higher rise but I use a onesie when at work so not worried there. So far I like the fit over the xl sizes in other brands. Thank you for be able to send samples so I could find the perfect fit

• Like 1
9 hours ago, NorthShoreAdam said:

Tie-Dye is now available in Small as well. Medium should arrive any day.

Does northshore conduct market research before a new color release of the megamaxes? And if so, may I ask which patterns and designs seem promising according to consumer data?

My experience with the Megamax's I ordered a couple of weeks ago, other than some postal issues that were out of their control, has been excellent. I ordered both medium and large, because I wasn't sure where I'd land on the continuum, being right on the tipping point for most brands, with a waist that is in the middle of the "medium" range, but legs that are generally at the far end, or outside of, medium. 

This is not the case with the Megamax; I found the medium to be a perfect fit. They're about as large as I can reasonably wear for daytime use, but still plenty big, and capacious enough, to be an overnight diaper as well. I was expecting them to be bulkier than they are, but they're actually quite reasonable, although they swell up with use. But, wow, do they hold a lot.

The large ones I could probably wear for 24 hours straight, assuming I could figure out a way to draw attention from the fact that I have what would look like a sizeable pillow jammed down my pants. Once the kids go back to school I might be able to wear one of these long enough to test their limits. 

The medium, though, has found a place in my routine, and I intend to order them again. I got mine in white but I might try out the coloured options moving forward. 

• Like 1

I got my case of MegaMax tye dyed diapers two days ago. While I wear medium in all my diapers, size small in MegaMax fit me better (for reference I have about a 33" waste).  The tye dye diapers are so aesthetically pleasing it is almost a shame to wet and mess them...but that won't stop me!!

• Like 1

Real Life/Real Time Tye Dye MegaMax Diaper Review Size Small

I wear size 34” pants and they are a little large on me. In fact, when I walk without a belt, they begin to slide off my body. So, I think my waste is between 32-33”. The size small MegaMax diapers fit me perfectly.  The Tye Dye MegaMax are so aesthetically pleasing it is almost a shame to wet and/or mess them. I was curious about wearing them to work and decided to give it a try.  The office is a professional setting with casual or business casual dress.  I wore a pair of dress jeans, a sweater, and a leather sport coat (pretty classy!). At 6:00 am I put several drops of scented oil in the tye dye diaper and then diapered up for work.  Initially the diaper was crinkly, but after 5 minutes of warming to my body heat and clothes the crinkle was only audible to someone who would have known I was wearing a diaper, hardly-if at all noticeable. First test of discretion Passed. The dry diaper under my clothes was also discreet. Second test of discretion Passed. My sweater and leather sport coat added to concealment and discretion.  Now for a time-line account; drinking water and coffee facilitated real life wetting:

7:15 am: first moderate to heavy wetting while driving,

8:00 am: light wetting at the office; rest of the wetting are all in my office,

8:30 am: moderate to heavy wetting, some diaper expansion and bulging, but remained discreet,

9:30 am: moderate wetting, remaining discreet, diaper bulge more noticeable in the front while sitting,

10:30 am: moderate to heavy wetting, starting to feel a little wet and clammy, discretion with my   choice of clothes remained uncompromised with coworkers,

11:15 am: light to moderate wetting, I feel the bulge while walking, but remains discreet,

1:00 pm: moderate to heavy wetting, no change, no press-out leaks,

2:00 pm: light wetting, no change in discretion, feeling wet and clammy,

3:00 pm: moderate wetting, feels like I am waddling a little while walking, but no one has made any suspicious looks.  I thought I better change at this point.  I can change in my office without any problems. During 9 hours of wear and 9 wettings there were no press-out leaks, while some diaper bulk, discretion with my clothing remained intact. There was about 6” of dry diaper remaining in the back. Discretion was successful, no press out leaks—third and fourth tests of discretion Passed.

Summary: Mega Max diapers can be successfully worn and used with discretion and proper clothing. Overall a great diaper, with 6” of dry diaper in the back perhaps there could be better wicking capacity.  The feeling of being wet does not bother me, but I am sure would be uncomfortable for some, if not most people. I did not mess my diaper at work, but I have messed the tye dye diaper at home.  The large standing leak guards on the inside of the diaper contained my mess without any difficulty.

Future Product Considerations: An intermediate diaper between the Supreme Lites and MegaMax and Supremes would be an added benefit; something like a Supreme Lite-Plus.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, scaifester said:

Good review Moochie.

When you refer to the supreme lite-plus, have you tried the northshore supreme?

Yes, I have the NorthShore Supremes, and perhaps Scaifester, you are correct, they are rated in absorbency between Lites and Megas. What I don't like about them is that they are stiff, and almost feel like cardboard when dry. Fortunately, however, they don't remain dry very long and when wet they feel much better-softer.