LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

ABU Space Diapers commercial: what's your throughts?

1 hour ago, Scootaloo1 said:

I saw this ad first on the ABU website and wondered what the general opinion was of it:

I think it's a bit odd, I mean it's advertised like an actual kids product. And there's no 'wink wink actually for adults' thing in it'.

There's no doubt that the ad missed the mark. Then again, it could be that they were trying to appeal more not to kids, but to folks whose little sides associate more to being a kid, or an older toddler. Hypothetically, if you showed a commercial like that on a kids' or parents' tv network, they might be a little persuaded to buy it (if it was an actual kids product).

The ad definitely rubbed me the wrong way, though.

While it is cute, it is also is quite misleading and misses the target. I agree that the aim must have been that we think of ourselves as kids (which for me is true) but there is no mention of Adult Baby.

While it does miss the mark, I wonder if this was done on purpose. If they even mentioned adult baby that would have turned off and alienated a lot of "normal" people who eventually do see it. By not mentioning it, anyone with an interest in those diapers (even parents of real babies) would have to do some digging to find out they are adult diapers. Meaning those who do find out would already be more receptive, versus people who would just turn off the ad.

Believe it or not, a lot of companies will purposely mislead people about their ads just to get the right kind of attention in the first place. (Sexy women selling hot cars or perfume for example).

6 hours ago, erevu said:

Same as most others, I found it to be off. Done in a traditional way of selling diapers to moms, but the product is a fetish item for adults. Bleh. I felt creepy watching it.