LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting rid of a diaper fetish/urge to wear them

i find all the statements of your post regarding scales, quantities, percentages, likelyhoods, abilities, what one is or isnt capable of, are purely hypothetical speculative assumptions based only on your one individual experience and perspective, in a world of 7 billion, while i respect that those are your views, i hardly think they are enough to determine what is or isnt reality in the world.

I know i have tried to quit many many times as well. before i realized it is a part of who i am, like being right handed. Can i train to use my left? Defiantly, And i have. But i am Right handed and when i need to quickly scrawl something down, i always reach out with my Right.

Wow wow thanks guys for all this support your giving me some really good advise but as the old saying goes I've decide to bite the bullet so to speak, bottom line is I've ordered 2 X Cuddlz New All Over Printed Adult Nappy, so yer going to give it a try and see what it's like you never know I might like it but thank you for all this supper duper advise

Almost true, I have a large amount of anecdotal claims backing my opinion, your guesses are presuming what happens to those making those claims after they make the claims, after they make no more claims, which considering anecdotal claims aren't much to go on, its still a bit better then nothing at all.

• 1 year later...

I'd never quit wearing diapers. I don't do it as often as I like because I work way too much and a police officer in a diaper doesn't exactly command respect. I have a wife and kids and my wife accepts my kinks as long as the diaper thing doesn't keep me from giving her attention. Use your diapers in moderation so that your fetish continues to be satisfying and don't make it your life. Some people go for loss of control which is fine and sounds exciting but I've read too many posts by people that want to go back and can't so they miss out on socializing with friends and doing other activities due to the need for extra diapers and a place to change. You'll be happier staying true to yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding comments. Real and truthful. No one mentioned the constant 'trigger' when your bladder is full and Oh NO there is no toilet nearby. Or you are on an airplane and fasten the seat belt sign comes on. I am incontinent and have dealt with this a lifetime. I do have some 'dry' periods where I can be fairly free from wearing but that always ends sooner or later. We are what we are and self acceptance through therapy is fantastic.

On April 17, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Saschadzg said:

Sometimes transsexuals pretend ro quit in order to get funding and/or referral letter for SRS. Most of then resume after SRS.

I will admit that I purged for the first time in my life at 35 when my marriage went up in flames. I found an organization of crossdressers that held twice weekly meetings and threw myself into it heart and soul. I didn't even think about diapers and didn't miss them at all. I never consciously said to myself never again or thought of it as being cured. I never discussed it with my therapist or my psychiatrist as it wasn't relative to the process or an issue.

After transition I had a big void in my life. I no longer had women's clothes as a fetish because they were just my "normal" clothes. This is when I began to think of diapers again. It didn't help that I always had bladder issues either. Anyway, they fill a need and a desire in my life. They also are serendipitous because my continence is eroding and I would have needed them anyway.

Hugs,

Freta

I've come to just accept them as part of who I am along with my other fetishes. I'm actually quite proud of them and I feel them make me unique in ways not many other people are. Sure they're not widely accepted and I would easily be called a freak or gross but they make me immensely happy so I'll just keep doing what I do.

9 hours ago, oddlynappied said:

Ive never understood the fuss over a diaper. Sure, some dont like it, but so what? Who likes everything their partner does... or wears... or eats? WHY do people throw away relationships over a diaper? Marriages survive infidelity, bankruptcy and business failures but a diaper blows it up?

I'm serious... I dont get it and never have.

any ideas anyone?

When I first mentioned my diaper fetish to my ex-gf I then had to explain to her for like 40 minutes that NO it does NOT mean I like children and NO I'm NOT a pedophile. She eventually came 'round but that was her initial reaction.

4 hours ago, Quinlynn said:

When I first mentioned my diaper fetish to my ex-gf I then had to explain to her for like 40 minutes that NO it does NOT mean I like children and NO I'm NOT a pedophile. She eventually came 'round but that was her initial reaction.

There are two subjects here. Removing desire for an orientation and ceasing activity on that orientation. It's pretty easy to abstain from any sexual gravitation or orientation. Catholic priests and nuns live their entire lives in celibacy. It doesn't however, remove desire.

Likewise, most people who are ego-dystonic and are unhappy with being homosexual, often develop bisexuality. They wind up not acting on their original homosexual desires, by developing new desires that are sufficient to satisfy the sexual urge. Others fall back to homosexuality if that 'pivot' is insufficient.

All orientations/fetishes/kinks tend to fall in the same archetype. People often try other things to placate the fetish they disdain, and sometimes come back to it. Don't beat yourself up.

Bottom line - if you don't want to be into diapers... go do other activities you find sexually interesting. Odds are, you can find something else that interests you.

And if that doesn't work, accept that diapers frankly are a pretty easy fetish to have in your life. Most partners will not outright reject you. In my decades on earth, only one person has told me it would be a deal-breaker to a relationship. One person.

I can understand why a girlfriend /boyfriend would be disgusted by a fetish like ours. For one thing we're walking around in what is essentially our own filth pressed up against us, and the act is so different from what is socially acceptable how could anyone who has no wanton urge to do this possibly accept it. There are several men/women who know enough about fetishes to accept it for what it is but no "normal" person would ever choose to wear a thick crinkly diaper if they