LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My problem with ADISC.org

4 hours ago, Dirty Diaper/Maxipad Lover said:

This is another common "theme" with ADISC. The staff is always right even when they're wrong, and can't admit when they're wrong, which is a sign of bad forum management. Oh and the stalking is another theme that comes up time and again in this thread. ADISC is so paranoid that they supposedly try to dig up as much "dirt" on their members as possible on and off ADISC to prove that they're "real," and then ban you if there's a discrepancy between information on ADISC and information elsewhere. (Maybe I don't want people to know my real ID like most of the community doesn't want to "out" themselves?) There are things that I like about ADISC, but the behavior of their staff keeps me from wanting to spend time there since they seem bent on making the experience miserable whenever someone is in the mood for a power trip. They're driving away would be members with their actions and just don't seem to care. DD's staff is much better when it comes to avoiding drama.

Absolutely. I was once summarily kicked from their then IRC chat (it moved to an in-house proprietary server, then moved back to Blitzed sometime later) and banned from the site, without explanation. Upon querying this, a moderator then abruptly unbanned me and stated that he had banned me because he found some "nasty stuff" about me on the internet (though he would not specify what this "stuff" was), but had since realised that it didn't relate to me at all, but someone with a similar name. No apology whatsoever was ever issued though.

I am still banned from Adisc, for another quite pathetic and ironically, childish reason - apparently I'm "too sarcastic" - they don't like contradictory opinions on that site, they don't like people causing "drama" (even if such "drama" is just to disagree, even with justification and citing sources) in forum threads if it's against the popular opinion however so that may be prevailing at the time, and they do nothing noticeable about bullying or discrimination such as homophobia and vile threats received in message content or their IRC channel.

5 minutes ago, billy1234 said:

Seems to me that to be a mod on ADISC you have to be totally unsuitable to be a mod anywhere

Absolutely.

Adisc was founded as TBDL, indeed I knew the two persons originally responsible for this, and back when it was TBDL the atmosphere seemed far more congenial and reasonable. Now, the administration of that site is probably a case study in human psychology in itself! And there are somewhat darker elements to their decisions, processes and rationale - the suspicion of people who fail their much lauded "background checks" - in reality, searches of public Facebook profiles, via google etc (as they have no actual power or authority to enact actual background checks such as a CRB) - because they have reasonably chosen, not to show their entire life to the world via Facebook. I like many people consider it reasonable to use privacy controls, otherwise you may as well just stand in a city centre and shout about your life loudly to anyone who passes by.

They also believe that they have some kind of jurisdiction over individuals private lives beyond their website; I know of two former members, both of which were banned for "sharing a hotel room" as one was 16, but under eighteen. This "incident" happened in the UK, the age of consent here has been sixteen for all orientations for over 14 years and so even if sexual matters occured, if they were consensual there's no issue here. Further, as far as I'm aware, they did just share a hotel room and nothing more.

3 minutes ago, wetdiaper222 said:

Adisc wants to dig up too much info on there members. They're worse than the government.

They are worse than the government, any government.

If you read into their terms of service, they state that if you sue or issue proceedings against them, they will basically publish anything and everything they know about you on the internet in a publically acessible location. This is illegal and probably blackmail (a criminal offence in itself) here, and breaks British and EU Data Protection laws, and probably those of several other countries too. Adisc seem to have no regard for the law or common decency when it contradicts their own sense of superiority, however.

• Like 2

Yeah for them to publicly display info like that would be illegal.

Years ago I started another ab dl forum and a few months later MOO sent me a cease and desist email.

He stated I was violating his copyright by having similar forum categories called Diaper Talk and Adult Babies. lol

He claimed he held copyrights to the words Diaper Talk and Adult Babies. lol

He said he was gonna sue me for having a similar forum as his. I then told him I'd sue him if he didn't stop sending me these emails.

We went back and forth with emails until he finally gave up. I wish I would've saved those emails he sent me.

He also stated I was stealing content from adisc which I never did. I guess just because I have some similar threads talking about the same thing that I'm stealing his content. When in fact it was written by me and my forum members.

Nothing was copied from adisc.

Moo is just stupid.

He told me about that public info he'd list if I started legal proceedings against him. And I told him to go ahead as he'd surely get in trouble if he did and that I'd surely sue him if he did post that information publicly and surely he would lose and I'd win.

He then sent me his final email stating that he was done talking to me and that he wouldn't respond any further.

Being a mod of a site like this, or like their one is quite a difficult job. You are constantly trying to weigh up the needs of the individual versus the needs of the site at large. Things are rarely as cut and dry as people would think and there are always two sides to a story.

Many of the "checks" that they do are the same as checks that are done here. Usually it happens to make sure that users are over age or not lying about their gender (which is against the rules here), we do it to keep other members here and the website itself safe from people who either are underage or who look to scam or catfish other members here. If we see a difference between what people say here and what people say elsewhere then it gives cause for concern. In a few cases we have even asked for people to send a photo of their ID (with all the info except name and DoB blacked out) if we have strong suspicions that someone is under 18, again, it is to keep everyone safe.

It is impossible to be a mod of a website and be popular with people, sometimes the right decision is not the popular one. I can't say if anything being said here is true (I don't believe most of what I see without some kind of proof), I can't say if the mods over there are as bad as suggested. If they are, it is likely due to weak leadership form the top. I am sure there are similar threads elsewhere about this website... It is the nature of these communities that some people will always feel hard done by.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Elfy said:

not lying about their gender (which is against the rules here),

Hopefully you can see the difficulty in this though. I am listed as female on here because I want to be female (I know we have a trans identifier but I just feel im a girl and would rather forget the fact I need treatment to make me one as far as I can)

But you have been very open about it. You have spoken to me about it and it is very clear what is going on.

Transgender people are never the target of the rule, the targets are the people that are clearly pretending to be female despite not being female in any way to catfish others.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Elfy said:

But you have been very open about it. You have spoken to me about it and it is very clear what is going on.

Transgender people are never the target of the rule, the targets are the people that are clearly pretending to be female despite not being female in any way to catfish others.

Ahh. When people use it like that then I understand.

19 hours ago, Dude84 said:

I am still banned from Adisc, for another quite pathetic and ironically, childish reason - apparently I'm "too sarcastic" - they don't like contradictory opinions on that site, they don't like people causing "drama" (even if such "drama" is just to disagree, even with justification and citing sources) in forum threads if it's against the popular opinion however so that may be prevailing at the time, and they do nothing noticeable about bullying or discrimination such as homophobia and vile threats received in message content or their IRC channel.

It's been my experience that when a site has an issue with people being "too sarcastic," it's generally run by extremely thin-skinned whiners with no sense of humor. I've seen a handful of people push it a little too far, but that's very rare compared to the number of people who whine at every little joke. I've been at one site that started that way and changed staff, and the end result was more intelligent people who understood the concepts of sarcasm and wit. The echo-chamber mentality at ADISC is also an embodiment of an insecure staff, and evidence that they can't accept the possibility that they're wrong and some of their members might have a valid counterpoint. The "tow the party line" mentality never works out well for a site's survival, and is the sign of a staff that needs to be replaced from the top-down with fresh management before it inevitably implodes on itself. That other site I mentioned only improved when it cleaned house and changed hands. I have mixed feelings about message content in PM on IRC or a message board though. Most sites I've been involved with or a part of typically don't want to touch private messages even if they can, and basically tell the members to figure it out on their own, offering options to block/ignore certain users, and most IRC channels have similar options. This is for the best, even if a few members are going to wind up having to block people on their own. For content publicly visible though, intent should usually be the driving force behind how such content is handled: targeted homophobia and intentionally threatening content shouldn't survive very long. A generic "that's gay," while casually homophobic in nature, really isn't harmful though, and is usually more crass in a sophomoric sense than it is outright homophobic. (Now if you only aim it at a homosexual, that's another story.) Likewise, "I know where you live" might seem like a threat, but can also be used in a joking context, hence why I say intent matters. ADISC however seems to ignore intent. As for disagreement, that's a normal part of debate, which is something ADISC clearly doesn't like. (Debates require original thoughts and counterpoints, which don't go well with echo chambers.)

Sounds like this other site is the main reason I don't mess with others fetish websites. Dailydiapers works well since I "Migrated" from Fetlife to here. I found a lot of the drama described at ADISC to be similar to the problems at fetlife. Fet is great for local community but the AB community is fractured with cliques of groups that promote a lot of problems that I was glad to no longer be apart of. Now I use it only to maintain a presence in the local groups from Missouri.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, AwakenEvil said:

Sounds like this other site is the main reason I don't mess with others fetish websites. Dailydiapers works well since I "Migrated" from Fetlife to here. I found a lot of the drama described at ADISC to be similar to the problems at fetlife. Fet is great for local community but the AB community is fractured with cliques of groups that promote a lot of problems that I was glad to no longer be apart of. Now I use it only to maintain a presence in the local groups from Missouri.

Luckily I am socially awkward and a bit crazy so I don't get into cliques lol.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, yurguardianangel said:

Adisc is a steaming pile of pigshit!!!

Haha got banned off there very recently after trolling the pathetic site. Whoopy fucking do, I got dynamic IP address, so I'll be back!!! XD

• Like 1

If you havent been banned from ADISC then you are nobody. Seems like almost everybody has been banned and usually for the most ludicrous of reasons. I knew one person banned because they 'lied about their age'. How does this idiotic MOO even know their age since they have no facebook or anything else. The truth is that you are not allowed to disagree with the prevailing opinion even if it is utterly stupid.

After complaining, my ban was actually lifted, but I never went back. It was clearly a childrens playground with bullies running the place. Also I suspect that they would be under surveillance at times for their underage membership. Who needs that kind of guilt-by-association?

Fetlife is just as bad. It is full of uber-angry people shouting down anyone that might in any way differ from their way of thinking. It's as funny as it is sad. I got thrown out of one AB group for the audacity of posting a link to a ABDL survey.

Honestly people who feel proud of trolling a site really need to get out more... Like, seriously, if you don't like the site then leave the site. Do you have so little going on in your life that trolling a website is a good use of time?

I don't particularly care for their site but that just means I don't visit it. Why spend time in a place you don't like just to annoy a few people in a very minor way?

I may not have any feelings for that other site, but I do know what it is like dealing with trolls here and it is a simple couple of clicks of the mouse, I can almost guarantee it takes you longer to sign up and do whatever trolly thing you do than it takes for them to ban you. It really is a waste of effort.

2 hours ago, Elfy said:

Honestly people who feel proud of trolling a site really need to get out more... Like, seriously, if you don't like the site then leave the site. Do you have so little going on in your life that trolling a website is a good use of time?

I don't particularly care for their site but that just means I don't visit it. Why spend time in a place you don't like just to annoy a few people in a very minor way?

I may not have any feelings for that other site, but I do know what it is like dealing with trolls here and it is a simple couple of clicks of the mouse, I can almost guarantee it takes you longer to sign up and do whatever trolly thing you do than it takes for them to ban you. It really is a waste of effort.

Ditto... despise trolls.

2 hours ago, yurguardianangel said:

Because it's funny how that site is. Lmfao "keep it PG13" and for THAT very reason moo thinks the site hasn't changed since it went 18+

Adisc is a site where you can't speak your mind,can't swear,can't say anything sexual about diapers.And can't even show yourself in diapers or crotch shots.

Since it used to be rather suspect having minors and adults on an abdl forum. Moo didn't see to update the rules when it became 18+

I was also banned from ADISC nearly 5 years ago, but then completely walked away from the place afterward, even after knowing I could easily change my IP Address and come back without them ever finding out about it. They cited "Security Reasons" as their rationale, but then never explained anything more about it. As a matter of practice, I NEVER give out my real name and use an untraceable email address to conduct all my private business. After that scandal this past week concerning Yahoo, (along with numerous others in the past) I don't really have much confidence in anyone's so-called "privacy" policies or abilities to safeguard user's private information and I'm certainly not going to allow an anonymous organization like ADISC to know who I really am. The quality of ADISC has gone down hill over the last few years anyhow. You can't say what you really feel without a fear of retaliation of some sort against you. This place seems better.