LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Government Shutdown

Not sure if this really affects me, really.

My Job doesn't have a connection to the government, as far I know, I haven't gotten any such calls.. so, hm.

Though, I lack healthcare, and I was going to go for government help since I'm pretty far below the poverty line... I don't suppose I'll be doing that right now.

But, really, this is how our politicians react.

I mostly blame the Republicans, I know they don't like the Health care bill, we've known that for years.

But, from what I heard, it'll go on with this anyway, so, really, what did their stubbornness get them? Nothing. Now that its in effect, they really can't stop it.

I wonder if this was political grand standing. Maybe they'll complain about taxes now? No, most likely they'll go after Food Stamps or something. Try and get the Democrats to do away with portions of its funding before they do anything else.

I believe we can't last much more then a month with our current treasury amount.. Haha.

Guess China will buy us out soon ;-;

My friend whose mother works for the Air Force apparently had a panic over the possibility of being out of work for as much as a month and bought a ton of foodstuffs to last until then. Normally that'd be fine (better safe than sorry) if not for the fact it was done in the heat of the moment and she ended up buying crud like instanoodles that my friend can't stomach. I know tinned goods with use-by dates stretching into 2014 aren't the epitome of good health but it's better than reactionary sickness. Hoping to spot said friend online within the next couple days for a sitrep.

Not really affected, but it's a shame our government can't get their heads out of their asses. Obamacare is a friggin joke, people can't afford food and shelter but they are being forced by the government to buy healthcare insurance. This country has really gone downhill fast.

• Like 2

Not really affected, but it's a shame our government can't get their heads out of their asses. Obamacare is a friggin joke, people can't afford food and shelter but they are being forced by the government to buy healthcare insurance. This country has really gone downhill fast.

• Like 2

I don't think foreign aid is the thing that should be cut first...I will agree that we should be more discriminate with our aid and who it goes to, but I think our defense budget should be cut enormously.

Being unemployed for around two years, I might be facing an additional setback in finding a new job; it's only a matter of time before we wind up facing another Great Depression.

My future employment is a government program. It's really frustrating knowing that this could happen at any time. Especially knowing that if the situation were like it is today, I would not have a job. Kind of makes school seem pointless. Lol. I don't have a side in the political debate. I think they're all dog shit.

Besides annoying me because of the endless news coverage, the only thing the government shutdown has done is make me even more confirms my believe that there is no hope for people

• 3 weeks later...

It was pretty weird, I was in Virginia Beach, VA when the shutdown first happened. Apparently it's mostly government workers who commute to DC and military personnel who serve on the bases there. Normally there's a ridiculous amount of traffic there all day long, and it was so weird to see it turn to a ghost town overnight, with like 20% of the normal volume of cars on the road. I'm sure that wasn't the only place affected that heavily either.

Luckily I am still working but I think it may have affected me trying to get Healthy Kids for my son. I signed up for it and then I haven't heard back from them and I did read the shutdown has affected people applying for benefits and it's affected many moms on WIC and people can't apply for food stamps or other stuff, can't even get a new SS card.

Interesting how different the US and Canadian political systems are. In Canada, parliament gets one chance to vote on a budget, if it doesn't pass it automatically triggers an election. A budget vote is also a vote of confidence in the government. No budget means the government has no choice but to go back to the polls.

I think Senator Cruz did the right thing. Obama has to be stopped. People are losing jobs and their existing insurance because of the un-Affordable Healthcare Act. The Marxist Democrats forced this piece of shit to become law without one single Republican vote. Now we all see what Obamacare is all about. Obamacare has nothing to do with healthcare. Obamacare is all about monitoring, controlling and redistributing wealth. They had 5 years and 600 million dollars to get the IT systems working. Instead we find out that the no bid IT contract was awarded to a Canadian company that contributed to Obama's campaign.

I think Senator Cruz did the right thing. Obama has to be stopped. People are losing jobs and their existing insurance because of the un-Affordable Healthcare Act. The Marxist Democrats forced this piece of shit to become law without one single Republican vote. Now we all see what Obamacare is all about. Obamacare has nothing to do with healthcare. Obamacare is all about monitoring, controlling and redistributing wealth. They had 5 years and 600 million dollars to get the IT systems working. Instead we find out that the no bid IT contract was awarded to a Canadian company that contributed to Obama's campaign.

Blame Obama all you want we wouldn't be in this predicament if not for good ol president bush who started a war in 2000 that basically went nowhere and went through resources like crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I don't care what bush did, he isn't in office now, he didn't sign ndaa, he didn't leave men in Benghazi to die, etc...bush has his own faults and obama has his own faults

I agree completely, he is a disgrace, he was given an chance to to see the government funded on everything but the one thing that America doesn't want in the first place, and he crossed his arms and said "no! I wont do this I want my way!"