LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Fascination with electrical storms

I love them too. I'll leave the blinds open on a night with good thunder and lightning so I can lay in bed and watch it. Kansas City is a great place for thunderstorms and for that matter much of the midwest is known for violent thunderstorms.

Hmm...I've never experienced thunderstorms like what y'all are talking about. But...On a few rare summer nights we get a storm in the evening accompanied by a soft rolling thunder. It's like a lullaby =D

I like a good storm as well, unfortunately where I live they tend to blow the power grid too often, which however temporary gives the storms new "light" when watching them. I have to ask why do you have a new name of lilme returns if your other account is still active? :huh:

I like a good storm as well, unfortunately where I live they tend to blow the power grid too often, which however temporary gives the storms new "light" when watching them. I have to ask why do you have a new name of lilme returns if your other account is still active? :huh:

I didn't realize my other account was still active, and it's been so long I don't even remember anything about it lol

I hate being wet. I get really upset if I'm caught outside in the rain without an umbrella. I love storms though when I'm not getting rained on. Few things make me happier than being inside at night during a big thunderstorm. I love the sound of rain on windows and love both the sound and sight of lightening strikes.

I have an orange tiger cat who is deathly afraid of thunder and lightning. As a matter of fact, he starts to act weird (stranger than USUAL) about twenty minutes before we humans can even tell that there is going to be a storm. We hold him and cuddle him until the storm passes...or until HE tells us it has passed.

I hate being wet. I get really upset if I'm caught outside in the rain without an umbrella. I love storms though when I'm not getting rained on. Few things make me happier than being inside at night during a big thunderstorm. I love the sound of rain on windows and love both the sound and sight of lightening strikes.

The last thing, that you should want to do, is to go out during an electrical storm with an umbrella. The sharp point attracts the ion cloud thus inviting a strike.

The last thing, that you should want to do, is to go out during an electrical storm with an umbrella. The sharp point attracts the ion cloud thus inviting a strike.

Actually not really. Lighting begins from the cloud.

I have an orange tiger cat who is deathly afraid of thunder and lightning. As a matter of fact, he starts to act weird (stranger than USUAL) about twenty minutes before we humans can even tell that there is going to be a storm. We hold him and cuddle him until the storm passes...or until HE tells us it has passed.

Lightning can be positively or negatively charged, and it can form upward from the ground or from a cloud into the upper atmosphere too :huh: These are known as 'sprites' and 'blue jets' and are a rare and not well understood phenomena ;) Back when I lived where visibility was better I liked watching distant thunderstorms and the lightning, but where I live now 1/2 mile sky visibility is the norm so by the time you see lightning you're in the storm yourself :rolleyes: Many NWS offices offer Skywarn classes for free to the public and they teach you a lot about thunderstorms and lightning (as well as other severe weather phenomena). If nothing else learning that can let you make better decisions as to when you should pack up the picnic or get the tent set up all by yourself by simply looking at they sky :D The people with you will think you're amazing when you do this :P

• 3 weeks later...

I have enjoyed photography as a hobby since my childhood. Just lately, I started taking pictures of lightning, storm clouds, etc. Obviously there is a safety concern when doing this however, I have been able to take some amazing photos.

A nice, pointy lightning rod is really good for keeping lightning away, as it will leak charge into the sky, thus reducing the voltage gradient that leads to electric breakdown.

Fun fact...the path of lightning is controlled by cosmic rays ionizing the air. Those are random.