LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Would You Wear Cloth Backed Diaper If....

Would you switch to cloth backed diapers if:

1. Had the exact same absorbency rate as your favorite plastic backed?

2. If you could get whatever awesome design on them you wanted? (i.e. girly pink or cool super heroes)

3. If they did not have some issues with leaking?

Me personally, all these requirements would have to be met. But I realize the biggest is you can't do all over designs on plastic backed. All the cool baby or toddler diapers have awesome designs but are all cloth backed. I would take an awesome totally baby pink cloth backed diaper in a minute! Not just some stupid tape strip with a design on it.

I'd consider supplementing (NOT replacing) plastic back diapers with cloth backed IF they were pretty much exactly like Pampers except in my size (pretty much how OP described). How those diapers can hold so much for their size, be made with a cloth back, and NOT leak is beyond me.

~ Cody, AKA moogle

This is amusing: A civil ware among the paper diaper fans

Would you switch to cloth backed diapers if:

1. Had the exact same absorbency rate as your favorite plastic backed?

2. If you could get whatever awesome design on them you wanted? (i.e. girly pink or cool super heroes)

3. If they did not have some issues with leaking?

Me personally, all these requirements would have to be met. But I realize the biggest is you can't do all over designs on plastic backed. All the cool baby or toddler diapers have awesome designs but are all cloth backed. I would take an awesome totally baby pink cloth backed diaper in a minute! Not just some stupid tape strip with a design on it.

Reason why I dont and will not wear cloth back diapers is because for me they would sag terribly when wet (Tena brand) If anything I prefer them to get thicker than to sag.

I prefer to wear only cloth (reuseable) diapers and waterproof pants for several reasons:

1. Since I'm not alone often enough, I have disposable diaper issues. If I throw away a disposable diaper, it is visible in the garbage can. It is much easier to wash and dry cloth diapers when no one is at my house.

2. Cloth diapers and waterproof pants feel more like real baby diapers. After all, I was born in 1959 and that's what I wore as a baby.

3. There's always an argument about which diaper is more "environmentally friendly," but rather than load up a landfill, I still think washing and drying cloth diapers is better.

4. I can stash/store a few cloth diapers and pants discreetly as opposed to trying to "hide" an entire package of disposable diapers.

Yes-No-Maybe :huh::P

As to disposables I already wear 'cloth-like' backing through most days in the form of Depends pull-ups. They handle my needs for this situation perfectly with adequate capacity and maximum discretion meaning the most to me then :) For home use and weekends where I am more in control of where I am and what I'm doing I like plastic backed diapers and I wouldn't want that to change, but if it did I could handle that :D For purely recreational use (read "fun-wear" here) only plastic backed will do; the plastic backing is a BIG part of what makes it so much fun to me :whistling:

Should I want plastic backed disposables and not be able to get them, the diaper manufacturers lose me as a customer completely save for my necessary daytime wear :o I will avoid them in protest at all other times if they eliminate plastic :bash: I have cloth diapers and plastic panties which will fill my needs for plastic quite well without them, and they will do just as well anu other time I am away from my workplace <_< So it's up to them- if they will sell me what I want, then I will buy it but if they don't, then screw them- I didn't really need them in the first place, but I'm glad they're still making plastic-backed!

Bettypooh

• Like 1

This is a tough one. Part of wearing diapers for me is the way the plastic feels and sounds. This might sound strange but sometimes I could care less if I wet a diaper but it sure needs to feel right and sound right. I like the idea of pink and frilly diapers but I don't want those for me....I prefer to put my wife in those. I like my diapers white, crinkly, and thick :D

I use "cloth backed" disposable diapers about as much as the plastic backed. In the summer here in the humid american south plastic back diapers are really uncomfortable if you are outside a lot. I also use them at work. I change more often and they are more comfy since I am sitting a lot in my office. At home, weekends, traveling I use plastic backed as they hold more. Also, without going into detail, as a DL the plastic backed ones are more erotic for sure. I really do treat diapers as my underwear, I wear full time, so like all the variety.

But I realize the biggest is you can't do all over designs on plastic backed.

Not sure what you mean by this, I can think of 4 plastic backed diapers that do just that: ABU Cushies, ABU SDK, Fabine Exclusiv, Fabine Christmas.

Not sure what you mean by this, I can think of 4 plastic backed diapers that do just that: ABU Cushies, ABU SDK, Fabine Exclusiv, Fabine Christmas.

Well I must admit that I have not tried any of those aforementioned diapers. I thought they all had some sort of cloth over them. Man they need some more cool looking diapers then. Would love just a pure pink diaper.

Cloth back just doesnt feel right. I hate this move to away from plastic backing and stopped buying Lille after my first pack of cloth backed ones. I know Abena have moved to cloth too, which makes me very sad and pushed me more towards printed ABDL diapers. Does anyone know if another diapers are going to cloth from plastic?

The problem I have with the cloth-backed versions is that they "weep." Water vapor comes through the backing and the outside always feels a little damp. As a result, the clothing in contact with the diaper gets damp.

The primary selling point of the cloth-backed diaper is that it "breaths" and doesn't feel as hot. However, along with the breathing, it also releases water vapor and with the vapor also comes an odor.

So, no. I wouldn't wear cloth-backed diapers unless I had no choice. I'll switch to other premium quality diapers that are plastic backed.

• Like 1

Depends on the brand I think. Some are cloth textured but not breathable. Basically Abena's Delta-Form vs the "air" Abri-Form. The Delta-Forms only have breathable side panels whereas the Abri-Forms are entirely breathable and do weep and not contain odor.

Actually, I like both but probably prefer the plastic backed diapers. I was raised in cloth diapers and plastic pants, though, so cloth backed diapers don't bother me too much. The thing is, while I still prefer plastic backed diapers, cloth gives me some variety and that helps keep things interesting. The biggest things agains cloth backed disposables for me are the fact that, as mentioned, moisture wicks to the outer covering and that happens especially around the legs when I wet heavy. The other thing is sagging more because the tapes will not continue to hold tight as you wear and move around. I think this is because the cloth like diaper and backing will have a lot more "strech" to it than plastic backed diapers. Anyway, over the past few years I've taken to wearing a thin pair of plastic pants over my disposables with both plastic and cloth backed diapers most of the time and that helps with the sagging, moisture and any potential leaks I may have. Sometimes the thin plastic pants I wear over my disposaboles seem like plastic backing on a diaper anyway!

I recently tried the cloth backed abu cushies, and the cloth aspect didn't do anything for me, but I loved how much more adjustable the Velcro was than the regular tapes on the plastic version. If there were plastic backed diapers with a single large Velcro tape per side my choice would be easy. As it is, I have to choose between the plastic feel and the cloth-backed adjustability.