LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers For White Elephant(;

Wett Gina

Im going to a white elephant christmas party this week and I was having trouble trying to decide what gift i should bring. But I realized the perfect gift would be some diapers!! Watching the people unwrap them and see there face!! And hopefully see some people trade and fight over them(: hopefully one of my friends will grab them and I can persuade them to wear them((: It should be fun!! Ill let you guys know how it goes. Im going to use a bag of abu cushies

"White Elephant" being?

"A white elephant gift exchange is a popular holiday party game found primarily in North America. Generally, white elephant parties need a minimum of six participants. With a larger group, game play may be more protracted. White elephant parties have been known to result in playful rivalries between players trying to get sought after gifts. The goal of a white elephant party is usually to entertain rather than to gain."

I asked and answeared my own question, with some help from google and wiki :)

Yeah.....it probably won't be as fun as you think. People will probably shrug, laugh, or look at you like "what the fuck?" And if one of your friends does get the gift, you probably will not persuade them to wear one, I wouldn't even try, unless you want to be outed.

And in these parties, it usually isn't too hard to figure out who brought what via process of asking around after the gifts are opened :o If you go forward with your idea, a more 'generic' diaper readily available at retail would be easier to explain when they find who put them in the mix :whistling:

Bettypooh

personally i think it would be awful.. i mean yeah the point of white elephant CAN be 'joke' gifts.. but at the same time something funny and still sorta 'fun' joke gift...

for example at my work we do a white elephant exchange where you can't spend anymoney on the gift and it has to be appropriate to display on your desk at work. We had old coffee mugs, a garden 'fairie' decoration, and i brought a ultrasound print out of my right kidney in a pink frame tht said "love" on it... all were 'lame' but still funny!

a diaper... has absolutely no practical use for anyone other than you... so its not going to be that fun or funny at all. If i were at that party and opened the diaper, i would laugh politely, but would most likely say to my boyfriend the minute we got in the car "god that was the lamest gift".... because it is... so unless the theme of the white elephant is 'medical supply' or 'underwear' or some such thing.. don't do it...

Guest diaperj71

If this was being held at an old folks home, I could see the value in bringing it as a gift. Seriously though, if you are ok with being outed, then do the ABU. Someone is bound to ask where you got it or a quick Google search as to the diaper's origin can potentially give you away...

No offense, but it seems like your gift to them is partially for your enjoyment...and I really don't think anyone will be trading or 'fighting' over diapers. But hey, you know your friends.

Of course people love giving, and seeing the reactions of others- but you need to just try and think of a good gift in my opinion. You should try to cater to what you think they'd like, treasure (even just for the season) or be able to use....unless, like others have said, the theme is funny, prank, ect.

I say go for it. Its all for fun anyway so why not make it light and funny. I was once given a pink tutu at one of these gift exchanges. I wore it all night. I would definitely put one of those diapers on and wear it for the remainder of the party for sure!

wow alot of negative nancys on here!! :P haha I guess you would have to know the group of people to understand. As far as people knowing who brought what gift, 1 nobody pays attention cuzz thats the point, 2 Ill be there all day and can sneek it in before the party, 3 most of the people will be drunk shortly after getting to the party. So Im not worried about that. No one has known my gifts were me the past few years, and Ive done some pretty cheeky stuff(;

As far as using a cheap diaper vs. abu cushies, I think using cushies will only make it better! Ive seen people open depends as a gag gift and there reaction is always like "oh hahaha adult diapers eww!!" and them someone usually puts them on over there clothes and everyone has a little laugh. but I think when someone opens the cushies theyll see theyre adult baby diapers and hopefully have a more playfull reaction. We'll see(:

As far as trying to pursuade my friends to wear one, I wouldnt be acting very serious about it. We would all pretty much be joking, daring and poking eachother to try one out. Why not? When youre at a party and everyones laughing having a good time and drinking alittle people tend to get alittle, should I say daring(;

Im not worried in any way. Worst case scenario, everyone will just think it is a lame gift. No harm, no foul. Last year I ended up going home with an over sized wine glass. Pretty lame haha. Thats just the way these things work(: Ill let you guys know how everything goes!!

• Like 1

I say it all depends on a few things. Have you ever been to a White Elephant party before with these same people? If so, were the gifts given practical and serious gifts, or were they mostly gag gifts? If gag gifts, then I would assume the point of the party is to just have fun with gag gifting. If serious gifts, then I wouldn't take diapers. Everyone else would be giving practical and useful gifts and you would be giving something others at the party wouldn't use. That's not fair in the spirit of a serious gift exchange.

Secondly, do the party guests know that you wear diapers and are AB or DL? If so, how well do they know about your fetish? If you are well open to these people with your diapers and they all know about it and why you do it, then adult diapers might make a good gag gift, others knowing your history of wearing diapers. Then you might even joke around with the one who ends up with the diapers by saying things like, "You want me to show you how to put them on?" If no one knows of your AB or DL side, you might want to seriously consider bringing a different gift to exchange.

I agree with Wett Gina: "A lot of negative Nancys on here." I was one of 16 managers back when VIP was still in Three Oaks and had picked up a pair of 4X Gerbers at the factory store just for this first time (and only) White Elephant bi-monthly managers meeting in December. We had a nice meal (no alcohol) and anonymous gifts after. The tag I put on the plastic pants was "For Those Times When You Just Can't Get Away". The woman who got the gift was aghast but shook them out and held them up for everyone to see. A lot of laughs!!

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

• Like 1

the OP asked for people's opinions and many of us who have been to these gift exchanges gave our opinions based on the initial post...

had the OP provided the information in their secodn post, in the initial post.... i think alot of out reactions would have been different!

but without knowing any of that second post information most of us posted based on our own experiences like i i did.....

knowing the information in the second post.. than it clearly doesn't matter if you bring them or not...

wow alot of negative nancys on here!! :P haha I guess you would have to know the group of people to understand. As far as people knowing who brought what gift, 1 nobody pays attention cuzz thats the point, 2 Ill be there all day and can sneek it in before the party, 3 most of the people will be drunk shortly after getting to the party. So Im not worried about that. No one has known my gifts were me the past few years, and Ive done some pretty cheeky stuff(;

As far as using a cheap diaper vs. abu cushies, I think using cushies will only make it better! Ive seen people open depends as a gag gift and there reaction is always like "oh hahaha adult diapers eww!!" and them someone usually puts them on over there clothes and everyone has a little laugh. but I think when someone opens the cushies theyll see theyre adult baby diapers and hopefully have a more playfull reaction. We'll see(:

As far as trying to pursuade my friends to wear one, I wouldnt be acting very serious about it. We would all pretty much be joking, daring and poking eachother to try one out. Why not? When youre at a party and everyones laughing having a good time and drinking alittle people tend to get alittle, should I say daring(;

Im not worried in any way. Worst case scenario, everyone will just think it is a lame gift. No harm, no foul. Last year I ended up going home with an over sized wine glass. Pretty lame haha. Thats just the way these things work(: Ill let you guys know how everything goes!!

All the power to you, but like I've said to other people that have ignored our advice, if you don't like it, next time don't post. You probably won't get anyone to wear it. Basically you'll end up wasting a what $1.50 diaper? And that's if you bought a case of them. Trying to persuade someone to put a diaper on, you'd have to be very cautious about, because it could blow up in your face very easily. I have a feeling they're going to in fact be curious in the wrong way, will end up finding out what brand of diaper is, and then who brought it to the party, and you will end up having a few questions to answer about how you found out about those diapers.

One of my teachers talked once about a White Elephant party the school faculty put on. She went out and got a porcelain white elephant statue, and it was the funniest gift.

i'm trying to figure out what to bring for the white elephant for my unit at work. last time i brought the ultrasound picture of my kidney.... so gotta think of something good to bring this year.. i can't spend any money on it... i.e. something i already own.. and it has to be appropriate to display on our desk for an entire year.....

i'm trying to figure out what to bring for the white elephant for my unit at work. last time i brought the ultrasound picture of my kidney.... so gotta think of something good to bring this year.. i can't spend any money on it... i.e. something i already own.. and it has to be appropriate to display on our desk for an entire year.....

Are you thinking something diaper related or something a little bit more vanilla? How about something that reminds you of your AB tenancies but not something that people would immediately associate with AB's?

If I was doing it I would buy a baby powder scented candle....providing you guys can have candles burning at your desks. That way you could be reminded of the lifestyle without having to reveal anything about it.

well its going on MY desk, its going on someone elses desk... and no i would never do anything AB related... the point is something silly and funny and a bit cheesey, like this fairy garden ornament, or my kidney ultrasound picture, or someone else has a picture of our director in a gaudy frame...

Drynot, It doesn't always have to be something you already own. The rules can vary but generally there is a low price limit on any item- new or old. Quite often all gifts start out in a "gift exchange" where the presents are wrapped & unlabeled and nobody knows who brought what in. The main purpose of these gifts are to be humorous and entertain, not for gainful purpose. They are typically not worth using/maintaining or would cost more to use than they are worth buying in the first place. (hence the term white elephant- the obvious hindrance you're not supposed to talk about)

Personally, I think some cheap off-the-shelf depend pull-ups would fit this bill perfectly.